• 80 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude

My profile forums tab is meaningless now, nothing more than a history which was an option in the first place.

The forums search is disabled, nothing... absolutely nothing.

The grotesque hype for quests, fuck you Giant Bomb and your quests. They are nothing more than the wanting of clicks and more clicks.

I'll still hangout here, but my heart is gone. You only now have my internet virginity and the community of which I follow.

My history is now lost along with the ability to search for past history of other users. Have fun with your current objectives GiantBomb. As of now, I'm just one of the mindless people logging on. See you on the darkside. 

If other people don't see things being taken away while new features are being added, well, fuck you.

My time here has been lost. Now, I'm just here.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Claude

My profile forums tab is meaningless now, nothing more than a history which was an option in the first place.

The forums search is disabled, nothing... absolutely nothing.

The grotesque hype for quests, fuck you Giant Bomb and your quests. They are nothing more than the wanting of clicks and more clicks.

I'll still hangout here, but my heart is gone. You only now have my internet virginity and the community of which I follow.

My history is now lost along with the ability to search for past history of other users. Have fun with your current objectives GiantBomb. As of now, I'm just one of the mindless people logging on. See you on the darkside. 

If other people don't see things being taken away while new features are being added, well, fuck you.

My time here has been lost. Now, I'm just here.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By meteora

Nooooo! Don't leave us! 

And yeah, they really need to fix the search engine. I was wondering why the hell it wasn't registering any search results.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Searching has never been very useful. It needs an overhaul. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Milkman

I'm so happy for you.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Not like they can't always change it if they find a good system.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By snide

New forum search along with a completely overhauled search in general is coming next week.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

I know what you mean. Especially after talking with some people on the inside, in private, about some of the inner workings of how the people in charge are running these sites, I lost a lot of respect for Whiskey Media. Maybe it's just the new shine wearing off, and I'm starting to notice the cracks in the molding, but I certainly do not feel the same way about the site these days as I did awhile back. Nor do I care for the direction they are heading with the focus on the quest system. I know my opinions on any of this are meaningless, but it just rubbed me the wrong way to find out that they had been working on the quest system for months on end while all the bugs this site has keep piling up. What can you do, it's their site and they will run it how they like and set their priorities how they like. So until I can find me my own billionaire who wants to waste some money on a pet project I guess there's not much I can do.

Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see where these sites are in two or three years. I just hope they start developing the site in a direction that interests myself, as this is the only gaming news site left that holds any semblance of an interest on my part. Of course that's not saying much given the competition.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jesus...  So much melodrama from some members and idiocy displayed by others lately.

Also 
@snide said:

" New forum search along with a completely overhauled search in general is coming next week. "
Awesome.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sodiumCyclops

If you have gotten to the point of feeling lost in a website, you need to get out of the house.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Claude

New forum search, that should be fun.

@sodiumCyclops said:

" If you have gotten to the point of feeling lost in a website, you need to get out of the house. "
The world outside is crazy. I feel safer in here. All my hopes and dreams of video game heaven have been given to GiantBomb, otherwise, I'm just playing video games.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

no,  don't leave. just post on the message boards and listen to podcast like me. do not care about the quest.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Claude
@iam3green said:
" no,  don't leave. just post on the message boards and listen to podcast like me. do not care about the quest. "
I'm not leaving. Why are people getting that impression? I'm just being a bitch. That's what I do... I'm old and grumpy.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By meteora
@Claude said:
" New forum search, that should be fun.

@sodiumCyclops said:
" If you have gotten to the point of feeling lost in a website, you need to get out of the house. "
The world outside is crazy. I feel safer in here. All my hopes and dreams of video game heaven have been given to GiantBomb, otherwise, I'm just playing video games. "
Okay people, show's over! The case has been solved! We just have a minor antisocial health problem here, that's all! ;)
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

What forum history search?  o.O   The point of this comment is that as the top forum poster, I've never used what this thing you are talking about is.  I would assume that data is collected from the usage of it, and then that data is analyzed.  In turn, the data probably said "hell, majority of people don't use the fucker, so what's the point in having it".  Sorry that you miss it. 

As for the quest system, I enjoy it and it's made me end up exploring the site more than I ever knew, while also gaining some additional knowledge in the gaming world that I love.  Does it suck that some bugs fell to the wayside due to its development?  Eh, sure, but it's a website.  I expect there to be bugs. 

Last, I'll say that "you get out of something what you put into it".  You've been a great dood to have around the forums, chat with, etc.  However, if you aren't enjoying it around here, then I would say that you need to ask how much you've put into your enjoyment rather than your displeasure.  =  /

@snide: Any word on a possible search function for the Users section of the site?  That's what I would really love to see, despite the fact that it's an incredibly minute thing. 

*EDIT*  I just went to the Forums tab on my profile for the first time.  Seems useless.  Why is it there?  What did it used to have that was worthwhile?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By wefwefasdf

It would have been better if you had put... "My name is Claude." in between every sentence.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green
@Claude said:
" @iam3green said:
" no,  don't leave. just post on the message boards and listen to podcast like me. do not care about the quest. "
I'm not leaving. Why are people getting that impression? I'm just being a bitch. That's what I do... I'm old and grumpy. "
:O that's good. it sounds like someone forgot to take their medication today. maybe u should go to bed

but i'm not tired
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By matthew
@jakob187 said:
" *EDIT*  I just went to the Forums tab on my profile for the first time.  Seems useless.  Why is it there?  What did it used to have that was worthwhile? "
Now it's just a history of what you've said in the forums.  It used to be a collection of all the forum topics/blogs/polls you posted/started throughout your entire stay here, not just every little reply you've thrown up in a particular thread.  I for one favored the older system, but accepted the newer one knowing that a website is going to change, and there is little you can do but get used to it.
Siepher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Siepher

So.. dramatic! 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" My profile forums tab is meaningless now, nothing more than a history which was an option in the first place.  The forums search is disabled, nothing... absolutely nothing.  The grotesque hype for quests, fuck you Giant Bomb and your quests. They are nothing more than the wanting of clicks and more clicks. I'll still hangout here, but my heart is gone. You only now have my internet virginity and the community of which I follow. My history is now lost along with the ability to search for past history of other users. Have fun with your current objectives GiantBomb. As of now, I'm just one of the mindless people logging on. See you on the darkside.   If other people don't see things being taken away while new features are being added, well, fuck you.  My time here has been lost. Now, I'm just here. "
I am with you on the quests.  I really don't for them in the slightest and they have been far from making this a better site, the reverse being true.  This forum will always be good as long as I have you to talk to Claude, and hey, if you are old and grumpy, what does that make me.  I am the anti-Christ for daring to call Jeff out on his shit journalism, so that makes me even grumpier  :-) 

Well, back to the Nursing Home for us then?  First in gets all the pudding.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Claude
@jakob187: 

When you used to click the forums tab on your profile, you would get other tabs, the default tab was all of the blogs you had placed on the forums along with the threads you had created. There were stats attached as well, views and number of comments. 

I would use this feature on other users profiles to see what they had posted. Linkyshinks for example, who posts many news topics. That's all gone.

As for pleasure and displeasure, I have nothing else better to do. I was silent on the internet until GiantBomb came around. I feel like I grew up here, well, as internet life goes anyway. But the fact remains, my pleasure of history, what I and others have contributed to this site and the ability to search that history has been taken away. That has my panties in a wad. Maybe I need a maxi pad to soak up the bleeding heart.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
@Linkyshinks said:
" I'm pretty much OK about the whole Quest thing, now that you can filter Quest topics out. "  
I did not know that.  Wow, that Preferences button does that - never bothered to check it before.  Removed the Articles at the same time.  Now I won't be tempted to read them  :/
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArchScabby
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Matthew said:
" @jakob187 said:
" *EDIT*  I just went to the Forums tab on my profile for the first time.  Seems useless.  Why is it there?  What did it used to have that was worthwhile? "
Now it's just a history of what you've said in the forums.  It used to be a collection of all the forum topics/blogs/polls you posted/started throughout your entire stay here, not just every little reply you've thrown up in a particular thread.  I for one favored the older system, but accepted the newer one knowing that a website is going to change, and there is little you can do but get used to it. "
 It would be great if both could exist. I hope the staff look into it for a future update, because It was useful. "
Except both of them did use to exist, until they changed the forum tab to be the exact same as the history tab.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By GreggD
@Claude said:
" @iam3green said:
I'm not leaving. Why are people getting that impression? I'm just being a bitch. That's what I do... I'm old and grumpy. "
Oh, you! :D
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Gunner

<3 

I hear yah Claude, I just dont have the same interest in Giant Bomb as i used to.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JoelTGM

Meh, I barely notice that stuff.  I come here for the awesome GB staff. 

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Brians
@Linkyshinks: Click on the rainbow above the forums box preferences and it shows the different forums, Select hide to the quest forum and there you go.
Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeffery
@jadeskye said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Dammit,beat me too it.
Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jeffery
@Claude said:
" My profile forums tab is meaningless now, nothing more than a history which was an option in the first place.  The forums search is disabled, nothing... absolutely nothing.  The grotesque hype for quests, fuck you Giant Bomb and your quests. They are nothing more than the wanting of clicks and more clicks. I'll still hangout here, but my heart is gone. You only now have my internet virginity and the community of which I follow. My history is now lost along with the ability to search for past history of other users. Have fun with your current objectives GiantBomb. As of now, I'm just one of the mindless people logging on. See you on the darkside.   If other people don't see things being taken away while new features are being added, well, fuck you.  My time here has been lost. Now, I'm just here. "

No Caption Provided
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Claude said:
" My profile forums tab is meaningless now, nothing more than a history which was an option in the first place.. "
My biggest problem with the website. 

" The grotesque hype for quests, fuck you Giant Bomb and your quests. They are nothing more than the wanting of clicks and more clicks.  "
You know when something really great and different and genuine turns popular ? The quests marked that phase... It's always the same story. things get popular, they get ewwy.  Saddens me every time

@Red12b said:
"  yes, we know Claude, and I for one agree with you, but hey, we're not in charge eh? "
yup....
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jimbo
@SpikeSpiegel said:

" It would have been better if you had put... "My name is Claude." in between every sentence."

It's Claudè dammit!  Claudè!
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Red12b
@Jimbo said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:

" It would have been better if you had put... "My name is Claude." in between every sentence."

It's Claudè dammit!  Claudè! "
Not gonna lie that's funny as hell,  

But not really warranted as Claude wasn't being a pretentious dick. 
stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By stackboy

I just joined (well, been lurking for ages) and someone leaves. Makes sense to me.

I joke I joke.  Stay for the awesome content you fool.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zero_

Well, I've been lurking for a while and only joined recently - I still see the site as the same old with a few bells and whistles thrown in; the Quest System isn't all that much hyped, it's fairly discrete and not a huge focus of the site. I mainly come here for the videos - so unless Vinny dies, I'll be here for a while.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Red12b
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Claude said:
" My profile forums tab is meaningless now, nothing more than a history which was an option in the first place.. "
My biggest problem with the website. 

" The grotesque hype for quests, fuck you Giant Bomb and your quests. They are nothing more than the wanting of clicks and more clicks.  "
You know when something really great and different and genuine turns popular ? The quests marked that phase... It's always the same story. things get popular, they get ewwy.  Saddens me every time

@Red12b said:
"  yes, we know Claude, and I for one agree with you, but hey, we're not in charge eh? "
yup.... "
Dude, did you notice after you quoted me my post disappeared...
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rallier
@Red12b said:
" @Jimbo said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:

It's Claudè dammit!  Claudè! "
Not gonna lie that's funny as hell,   But not really warranted as Claude wasn't being a pretentious dick.  "
He was claudè

man that little thing on the E stays hard to do. 

On topic though i kind of have to agree that history tab was quite usefull and i would really like to see it back. However the thing that would really rock my world would be the ability to fileter thread by paltform,concept or whatever. All the building blocks are there (the data in the wiki).

Nice to see that the search will be overhauled. It is well needed. I hope that this time it will actually work logically which i was expecting to do with the last update. When i type "cat" i want to see the cat page not World of Warcraft Cataclism
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By penguindust
@oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
I am with you on the quests.  I really don't for them in the slightest and they have been far from making this a better site, the reverse being true.  This forum will always be good as long as I have you to talk to Claude, and hey, if you are old and grumpy, what does that make me.  I am the anti-Christ for daring to call Jeff out on his shit journalism, so that makes me even grumpier  :-)  Well, back to the Nursing Home for us then?  First in gets all the pudding. "
Don't either of you guys leave otherwise I'll be left with all these whelps and my heart can't take it.  Ah, daddy needs some liquor. 
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By thatfrood

I think Giantbomb is pretty cool.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Red12b said:
" Dude, did you notice after you quoted me my post disappeared... "
Um.. yeah.. Did you delete it or what? :S
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oldschool
@PenguinDust said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
I am with you on the quests.  I really don't for them in the slightest and they have been far from making this a better site, the reverse being true.  This forum will always be good as long as I have you to talk to Claude, and hey, if you are old and grumpy, what does that make me.  I am the anti-Christ for daring to call Jeff out on his shit journalism, so that makes me even grumpier  :-)  Well, back to the Nursing Home for us then?  First in gets all the pudding. "
Don't either of you guys leave otherwise I'll be left with all these whelps and my heart can't take it.  Ah, daddy needs some liquor.  "
We should have a Grumpy Old Men Collective, that you can only join if you are over 40.  Then we could reminisce about the old days, wear our pants up high and complain about the prices these days.  Then we could hit the old folks home in search of some cougar action  :/
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By penguindust
@oldschool:   Ha-ha, yeah.  A cougar for us would be a septuagenarian!  Someone's gonna break a hip before the night is through. 
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@snide said:
" New forum search along with a completely overhauled search in general is coming next week. "
See, if you had weekly blogs broadcasting this to people then maybe they wouldn't feel so neglected. You have 30,000 followers Snide! Preach! If you don't tell us anything then we all just assume nothing is being done!
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

In the end, realize that you aren't paying for any of this. Its still the seem awesome guys producing the same awesome material. The website was bound to grow, and so it has. For the better or worse is irrelevant, since they can do what they wish. I'm confident-actually certain-Dave has been working hard with all the changes and he deserves some credit. Yeah maybe some useful things have been taken out, but give him (them) time and the site will work as well as you want it. There is no need to get melodramatic-even if you feel your reputation warrants it.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jeffsekai

I like the new forum tab more, don;t understand whats so different...old one listed topics you had new one just has all your posts. Its the exact same thing. Stop being babies 

@Sweep said:

" @snide said:

See, if you had weekly blogs broadcasting this to people then maybe they wouldn't feel so neglected. You have 30,000 followers Snide! Preach! If you don't tell us anything then we all just assume nothing is being done! "
How long has your eye been messed up? Dave tweeted a while ago that they were overhauling the search function. Dave can preach all he wants bu its not his fault if no one looks. 

Back at work hacking away. Upcoming new search from @andymccurdy and @gpbmike solves pretty much every problem people complained about. 9:23 PM May 5th  via Tweetie
ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ZombieJesus
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" It would have been better if you had put... "My name is Claude." in between every sentence.
"
Damn it, I was just going to make that joke. 
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ninjakiller
@Claude:   

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By Tireyo

As of now, I'm just one of the mindless people logging on. 

That's not true Claude. You are part of the reason why I'm staying here. 

Also, I don't really stay here for what's in the forums, wiki's, blogs and quests anyway. Of course, who's not to say that those things help with getting to know someone and their interests. I'm pretty much here for the community, and maybe you do need to take that into mind Uncle Claude. Stop being old and grumpy now!!
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Fallen189

It'd also be nice if bug reporting forum wasn't moderated entirely by LordAndrew

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49  Edited By natetodamax

Jeez Claude, is it that big of a deal? My god.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rallier
@Jeffsekai said:
" I like the new forum tab more, don;t understand whats so different...old one listed topics you had new one just has all your posts. Its the exact same thing. Stop being babies 

@Sweep said:

" @snide said:

See, if you had weekly blogs broadcasting this to people then maybe they wouldn't feel so neglected. You have 30,000 followers Snide! Preach! If you don't tell us anything then we all just assume nothing is being done! "
How long has your eye been messed up? Dave tweeted a while ago that they were overhauling the search function. Dave can preach all he wants bu its not his fault if no one looks. 

Back at work hacking away. Upcoming new search from @andymccurdy and @gpbmike solves pretty much every problem people complained about. 9:23 PM May 5th  via Tweetie "
There should just be a changelog section on the site with a list of bug fixes and a list of things that are currently being worked on, not everyone is a stalker^^ Not only would it be nice to be informed about what is being worked on but more importantly when something in the wiki get changed you wont have to guess why the heck what you have done for years is not working anymore.