I kinda wish they never made the endurance run

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By toowalrus
@turbomonkey138: Eesh, I haven't picked on you in like 6 months, but you're still making these dipshit threads. I wish I still had that fucking naked picture of you that you had on your profile so I could post the de-motivational poster I made from it here. God damnit. The endurance is fun for them to film, fun for us to watch, and increases the traffic to the site, it's in no way a bad thing.
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By willin
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Lights_Up_The_Shaft: the odd thread eh ? go look right now and see how many threads there are on the forums right now "
Just had a look in general. 45 non-sticky threads and one of them was remotely Endurance Run related, which was not only a blog post but if was about Giant Bomb in general. I only included it because it had the word 'Endurance' in the title.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By turbomonkey138
@TooWalrus: im sure its fun to people who enjoy it . BUT the site has become more endurance run flooded you must admit this .And hard as i might to try ingore it its always there . Oh and im sure you can find that picture floating around on 4 chan . Hope it pleasured you ;)
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" Before this thread turns into a flame war . Lets get back on my original point . Giantbomb (IN MY OPINION) has too much Persona 4 related content . This is mainly apparent in the forums . Dont get angry at me becuase i pointed out something negative about the site. "
It's not something negative. The majority of the users of Giantbomb enjoy the Endurance run, and those that do not just ignore it.. There is plenty of content on Giantbomb completely unrelated to the Endurance run, you just dwell on what you believe to be the negative. If 12 Quicklooks, 14 interviews, 2 reviews, a podcast, and 3 panel videos aren't enough to counterbalance the Endurance run aspect of the site for you, then I don't know what to say.

Also, are you generally intolerant of other peoples interests in your personal life, or is this something you reserve for the internet where you have anonymity?
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Branthog

I used to think this one thing was cool until you started thinking it was cool, then I decided that the only way I could continue to be cool was to stop liking the thing I used to think was cool and ridicule you for thinking it's cool. Want a clove cigarette while we listen to some Harvey Danger?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By asurastrike
@Branthog said:
" I used to think this one thing was cool until you started thinking it was cool, then I decided that the only way I could continue to be cool was to stop liking the thing I used to think was cool and ridicule you for thinking it's cool. Want a clove cigarette while we listen to some Harvey Danger? "
Linkin Park was cool until other people thought it was cool, then it wasn't cool.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By c1337us

I have only watched the first 5 episodes. But if it wasnt for that I wouldnt have bought Persona 3 and 4 so I like it for that alone.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Grimace
@turbomonkey138:@turbomonkey138 said:
" Ive been a user of the site since it was just a simple blog before it officially launched . I moved on from gamespot when jeff left and discovered arrow pointing down cast etc . Anyway when the site launched i never really bothered with the forums etc as that kind of thing didn't interest me much . I was only interested in the content . But now Giantbomb has become a site almost fro teh endurance run itself . About 70% including this thread on the forum are about the endurance run in some way . Whos your favourite character , Where is the next episode of the endurance run , favorite quotes from teh endurance run blah blah blah . Im sick of it . When giantbomb did the end of matrix online i went to the stream and about 99% of the chat was god damn quotes . Its not funny . Its boring and i wish it had never been made because then they could consentrate on better content .  Just had to get that off my chest .   p.s Stop quoting the fucking endurance run ! Your worse than the family guy fanboys ! "
Horses for courses, mate.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mordukai

Would you guys believe me if I said that I never watched Endurance Run?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Asurastrike: Look bud im only making this point becuase i have seen the amount of new users how come onto new threads and post ass-hat reply like . FAIL THREAD NUB . These people i found are people who watch the ER . And a example of this was when ryan decided to document the downfall of matrix online . The stream chatroom was nothing but fucking ER quotes . Im going to let you in a little secret . I watched teh ER untill about episode 69 . i jsut wish they could creat other content that isn't quite so dominat on the site .
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" Ive been a user of the site since it was just a simple blog before it officially launched . I moved on from gamespot when jeff left and discovered arrow pointing down cast etc . Anyway when the site launched i never really bothered with the forums etc as that kind of thing didn't interest me much . I was only interested in the content . But now Giantbomb has become a site almost fro teh endurance run itself . About 70% including this thread on the forum are about the endurance run in some way . Whos your favourite character , Where is the next episode of the endurance run , favorite quotes from teh endurance run blah blah blah . Im sick of it . When giantbomb did the end of matrix online i went to the stream and about 99% of the chat was god damn quotes . Its not funny . Its boring and i wish it had never been made because then they could consentrate on better content .  Just had to get that off my chest .   p.s Stop quoting the fucking endurance run ! Your worse than the family guy fanboys ! "
Please sir, tell us more about things you don't like!
yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By yetiantics
@Mordukai:
Yes. there are people out there who have said they havent watched it anyway. And have somehow had the mental stability to not make a thread hating on it.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Asurastrike: Look bud im only making this point becuase i have seen the amount of new users how come onto new threads and post ass-hat reply like . FAIL THREAD NUB . These people i found are people who watch the ER . And a example of this was when ryan decided to document the downfall of matrix online . The stream chatroom was nothing but fucking ER quotes . Im going to let you in a little secret . I watched teh ER untill about episode 69 . i jsut wish they could creat other content that isn't quite so dominat on the site . "
What is your take on Health Care reform?
Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wright

You better get bent before chie galactic punt's you into the meat dimension.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Milkman

Aha! Is this our chance?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By LiquidPrince
@turbomonkey138 said:
136.5% of facts are made up. It's true.
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#67  Edited By tearhead
@turbomonkey138: In your original post you say the forums didn't "interest" you. If this is so, why do you care what anyone says in them? Plus, you make it seem like the endurance Rum is GB's only content, they have MUCH... MUUUUUCH more. The Endurance Run isn't the reason there is not as much, say, TANG as you may like. They are separate features and one isn't dependent on the next. As mentioned before, if the forums don't interest you, then why do you have 1,449 posts? It is very easy to ignore the Endurance Run. It's not like they force it on you. I don't really like TANG all that much, but you know what? I just don't pay attention to it, cause my special ability called "free will" allows me to.
sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sgjackson
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Asurastrike: Of course i saw the content . But in this post i am pointing out the taint of endurance run on the forums "
I find it funny someone takes the forums so seriously they refer to how they've become tainted. Hahahahahahahahahaha.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By asurastrike

Couldn't...help...myself.

@turbomonkey138 said:

" @Asurastrike: Of course i saw the content . But in this post i am pointing out the taint of endurance run on the forums "

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Tearhead: Forums in general bore me . And when i have nothing else to do i post on here as this site has some interesting people on it . Although i seem to have touched a nerve with some users . Its my opinion . Also the reason why i am posting about this issue is becuase i remember when there was no endurance run on giantbomb . People would have proper discussions on the forums and there were less idiots . although the ER has made my favourite site more popular . Just the good content has become a little .... scarse these days
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Tearhead: Just the good content has become a little .... scarse these days "
What do you enjoy on Giantbomb then? As I've stated, and restated, this week alone there were 14 interviews, 12 Quicklooks, 3 Panel videos, 2 written reviews, and a Bomcast.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By LiquidPrince
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Tearhead: Forums in general bore me . And when i have nothing else to do i post on here as this site has some interesting people on it . Although i seem to have touched a nerve with some users . Its my opinion . Also the reason why i am posting about this issue is becuase i remember when there was no endurance run on giantbomb . People would have proper discussions on the forums and there were less idiots . although the ER has made my favourite site more popular . Just the good content has become a little .... scarse these days "
That's ridiculous. Persona has not affected the quality of the conversations here, save for a couple of times someone shouts out Bufu. Stop whining over nothing.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By turbomonkey138
@wordsgohere: your giving me a good reason believe me !
Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Valames

I kind of wish they never made Mini Sirloin Burgers, I have a dangerous addiction now. 

And to keep from being off topic, I like em. Endurance Run Theater 3000. I was a lurker or hoverer (I don't know) on the site until the iPhone app came out. I signed up because I had a question about the app. But I have been watching the ER for a long time and although I would have to disagree about it being the main draw to the site. I believe that is very short sided. The videos, the bombcast, the ER, the easy to swallow news stories and the care that goes into everything is really all part of an evenly sliced pie I believe.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @wordsgohere: your giving me a good reason believe me ! "
Stop sending me private messages, I'm not your girlfriend.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Branthog

Like I said before, I have only seen a little bit of the Endurance Run. I hope to watch it all some day. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but like a lot of things in life, I'm glad that it simply even exists whether or not it ever directly benefits or entertains me. Kind of the same way I can't bring myself to ever watch Schindler's List or Reqium for a Dream and wish I had never watched glass-ass. I may not participate. Or even necessarily like everything. But some things... I'm simply glad they exist, because they should. The Endurance Run is one of those things.

And, frankly, Endurance Runs are part of what make Giant Bomb so unique and sets it apart from other places.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By turbomonkey138

I don't like the endurance run . Fucking hell some of you users are complete cunts . I have a opinion fucking deal with it . 

@wordsgohere: and you grow the fuck up you little cunt !

Now someone get a MOD im sick of this stupidity

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By JoelTGM

um, what...?  I have no idea what you are talking about.  The endurance run is just this video game thing they do, what's wrong with that.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By asurastrike
@Branthog said:
" Like I said before, I have only seen a little bit of the Endurance Run. I hope to watch it all some day. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but like a lot of things in life, I'm glad that it simply even exists whether or not it ever directly benefits or entertains me. Kind of the same way I can't bring myself to ever watch Schindler's List or Reqium for a Dream and wish I had never watched glass-ass. I may not participate. Or even necessarily like everything. But some things... I'm simply glad they exist, because they should. The Endurance Run is one of those things.  And, frankly, Endurance Runs are part of what make Giant Bomb so unique and sets it apart from other places. "
You are glad "glass-ass" exists? lol
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Asurastrike: Have you finished trolling the thread yet ?
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Asurastrike: Have you finished trolling the thread yet ? "
I find it very funny that you think this is a serious thread. Me leaving won't make your original post any less ridiculous.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Asurastrike: Why is it ridiculous ? becuase you don't agree with it ?
Banggoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Banggoo
@turbomonkey138 said:

" @Asurastrike: Ok you have made you point now go please . This thread is discussing the problems i have with giantbomb and you are not helping the case for giantbomb right now . "

@turbomonkey138 said:

" I don't like the endurance run . Fucking hell some of you users are complete cunts . I have a opinion fucking deal with it . 

@wordsgohere: and you grow the fuck up you little cunt !  Now someone get a MOD im sick of this stupidity "

WTF is wrong with you?  You demand people to respect your opinion then you completely undermine other peoples opinion just because you think they're stupid.  What if I think you're a cunt does that give me the right to dismiss your opinions?  How about being more polite before you start criticizing the things people enjoy such as the endurance run.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Banggoo: There is a difference between a opinion and being a dickhead . If you have a valid point far enough @Branthog:  made a good point . Fine i can see that . But if users are being twats i have the right to say something about it !
spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#85  Edited By spazmaster666

@turbomonkey138 said:

" I don't like the endurance run . Fucking hell some of you users are complete cunts . I have a opinion fucking deal with it.

The problem is that your opinion has no basis in reality. Saying that 70% of the forums is related to the Endurance Run is either pure hyperbole or pure ignorance. Do you even know about the popular forums feature? Hmm, let's see the Persona 4 forum is only #9 in popularity right now in game forums. And in the General Discussion and Off Topic forum, I don't see a single thread related to the ER on the first page, hardly the 70% that you quoted.

Also insulting others that have different opinions from yours isn't exactly helping your case either. <_<
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Cube
@turbomonkey138 said:
Guess what? You're not unique. A lot of us have been following Jeff since even before that. I don't see how this is relevant at all. Other then a display pure snobbery.

Don't like the site, don't visit it. Simple.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:

" @Asurastrike: Why is it ridiculous ? becuase you don't agree with it ? "

You don't seem to get that our annoyance towards you has nothing to do with your opinion about the Endurance Run. No, what bothers us (or at least me, I shouldn't speak for the others) is that you would prefer a large part of the site never exist, because you don't like it. Within the first few posts you called people who like the Endurance Run "anime loving idiots", and you told us "Stop quoting the fucking endurance run ! Your worse than the family guy fanboys !". As you can see, before anyone even got a chance to post you were hostile towards, and I'm quoting you, "70%" of the forum.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Asurastrike: Oh right . So your annoyed that i don't lie anime . Deal with it !
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Cube: I wasn't saying that in a way to try and make myself more important . I was using it to tell people i knew what Gb was like pre ER im sure lots of people followed jeff .
Banggoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Banggoo

Oh really and who is the decider between a valid opinion and and invalid one? The almighty God Turbomonkey perhaps?  It's called free speech those twats have the same rights as you even if it is to be a twat they are entitled to it.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:

" @Asurastrike: Oh right . So your annoyed that i don't lie anime . Deal with it ! "

lol, see this is why I prefer to just joke around. It's not worth it to try and explain things, because you seem to be unable to correctly interpret what I write.

I'll try one last time. I couldn't care less about your opinions, what annoys me is your judgement of the people who have a different opinion. I don't personally enjoy watching football, but I don't call football fans "football loving idiots".

Also, this is very entertaining, keep it up.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Banggoo:@Asurastrike: lol ok feel free to slag off my opinion . Just don't get personal ;0 k
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#93  Edited By Hamst3r

Instead of quoting the Endurance Run, we should all quote the FUTURE ENDURANCE RUN. The one that hasn't even been discussed yet. Perhaps even a game that hasn't been created yet!

Oh beans!

Hahaha, so hilarious.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Cube
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Cube: I wasn't saying that in a way to try and make myself more important . I was using it to tell people i knew what Gb was like pre ER im sure lots of people followed jeff . "
I don't need you to tell me what Giant Bomb was like before the Endurance Run because most of us know.

Seriously guys, are we already at the point of, "Well I've been here longer, so my opinion deserves an entire thread"?

If a mod shows up, it'll be you who gets banned, kiddo. You think you're sparking intelligent conversation but any time someone tells you something you don't like, you're quick to insult them and say "NO GUYS ITS ABOUT MY ORIGINAL POINT!!! FUCK!!!!!!"

Go away, and never come back.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Banggoo:@Asurastrike: lol ok feel free to slag off my opinion . Just don't get personal ;0 k "
I love people like you. People who fail to understand anything, but feel like they understand everything. Wait...are you, no you can't be...are you Sarah Palin?
Banggoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Banggoo

Wth i just spend my last 2 posts off topic trying just trying to say everyone has a equal and valid opinion.

How can't I get personal with all your sarcasm and smirks not taking this seriously when it looked like you had a strong and serious opinion at the start of this topic.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#97  Edited By TimeWaffle

yeah I completely agree with you even though i like the ER. I just don't the people who call it the best game ever it good but not the greatest  

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By asurastrike
@turbomonkey138 said:
I agree with you man. I hate the Endurance Run. It's taken over the site completely. I wish it was never created.
C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#99  Edited By C2C
@turbomonkey138 said:
Did you really think these kind of comments would not get you flogged by the people you just slapped in the face?  And if you REALLY needed to get this off your chest, why did you make this in the forums that "didn't interest you much"?

I mean c'mon can't you be a tad bit more civil about this even if it bothered you?
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By turbomonkey138
@C2C:  i suppose posting it in that way was a mistake . Guess ill wait till im less pissed off with other things around me then ill post . Good way to vent anger mind