I think I'm gonna get dragged into a strip club this weekend

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh jeez...

Alright, I think this is gonna be one of those bachelor party things where the inevitable strip club visit will happen. Weird thing is that it's the bachelor who came up with the idea (I always thought the bachelor was supposed to be the one who's being forced to go...)

Anyway, I have no clue what the heck these places are like today. I expect overpriced drinks and a lot of awkward I don't know if staring at these chicks is actually completely approprite here kinda moments. I mean do you actually stick dollar notes up girls bikinis or is this a strip clubs portrayed in movies thing?

Anyone care to bring me up to speed on what's going on in strip clubs these days or share some experiences?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Gross. I've never been, but everything about a strip club makes me want to take an infinite amount of showers.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What going on in strip clubs? Expensive drinks and girls being excessively chatty/flirty to milk you for cash, that and boobs. Also I hope you like smelling of body butter.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4 gamer_152  Moderator

There is only one way this works and that's if you invent a contraption that can constantly douse yourself and everything around you in anti-bacterial wash. Best of luck.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By gaminghooligan

My advice. Pre-game. Drink before you go and take a cab. The drink prices are atrocious. Also it's going to be awkward for everyone, best thing you can do is just embrace the craziness and enjoy yourself (within reason of course). More than likely the group will get tired of throwing money at ladies for blue-balls and want to leave. Just make sure you pay attention to what the girl is saying, if she says she wants to give you another dance it means she wants you to BUY another dance.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zojirushi: To my understanding, it depends on where you go. So, hard to really say absolutes. But if you aren't actively participating, I imagine you'll just have scantily-clad women in your periphery. Perhaps break a twenty into ones just in case. That way you can possibly be courteous and offer payment if you find some entertainment from it.

How many people are in the bachelor party? If it's a big group, you'll probably be able to just focus on them instead of the women. It depends, but consider being prepared for the possibility.

Good luck with it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

Wear clothes you're willing to burn afterwards. Probably don't try stuffing money in their garments.

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zojirushi

@truthtellah: Yeah well that's the shitty thing over here with Euro bucks, 5€ is as low as I can go regarding splitting my money up ;)

Oh yeah and since this is Europe I assume our clubs are just an imagination of the worst clichèd American stripclub they could possibly come up with. Goddamnit...

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obviously drop your pants at the door. You won't need em.

....Strip clubs are more interactive now. Go for it. Go make the hangover 4..

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: Yeah well that's the shitty thing over here with Euro bucks, 5€ is as low as I can go regarding splitting my money up ;)

Then bring four of them and be stingy about handing them out? ha. I mean, it's the best you can do.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Was at a bachelor party the other month and someone ordered 2 strippers to the house after midnight for $200 and they showed up in 45 minutes. Seemed really sketchy. Talked about it on this months GB Xtreme Girl Advice Line podcast.

Don't bring much money and take a long shower after.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't look at their eyes. I'm serious, don't do it. Also, if possible don't look at any other erm... "customers". It will creep you out.

I remember walking through Amsterdam (I wasn't even in a club) and some guy kept staring a woman dancing behind a glass cage (or something like that) and he was LIKING HIS TEETH. Seriously, like a horny cartoon character. Bah.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By frankfartmouth

I don't know. I haven't been in a strip club in years. Went a few times after I turned 21 just cause, and quickly soured at the idea of handing lots of hard-earned cash over to some OK-looking girl so she can do a rote, perfunctory dance in front of me while she goes over her laundry list in her head.

Fuck that. Sorry you're getting dragged along. Make the best of it I guess. I'm sure little has changed.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Flappy

Don't eat the tater tots.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bombcastgoldthwait: Ron Swanson is the best TV character since Jack Donaghy.

I've not been to a strip club in over ten years, and it was here in the states so I'm not sure how useful any advice I have would be. I guess at the end of it all, just try to make it a good time for the bachelor.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to one with some friends. All I can really remember were glitter, coconut lotion, and every single one of the strippers trying to get us to go have a private dance proceeded by them telling us that they have young kids.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is only one rule. Do not touch the stripper^^

Also I do not know why people are so disgusted by women striping to music. I don't think it will be a real bad one since it is a bachelor party.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Seppli

Never got the appeal of strip clubs. If I want to pay for female company, I'ma go to the candy shop, buy the cake, and have it too. Most places serve a free top shelf drink with that. Johnny Walker Blue Label and such. Delicious. Shame prostitution is outlawed in so many places. Gives the wrong people too much power. Prohibition brings only pain - and rip-off strip joints.

Aren't strip clubs just giving y'all blue balls? The kind of thing that's driving you to such places in the first place?

Oh, and brothels always smell like fresh laundry. Love it.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So I've been to a strip club once. It's... an experience, but I don't quite see the appeal.

The funny thing is the idea to go to a strip club was from a bunch of my lady friends and they were loving it.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to my first stripclub about a month ago. It was one of the more unsettling experiences of my life. Here's some advice;

1. Be prepared for women to be casually walking around topless. I thought they'd hide the goods until you pay for a dance. Not so.

2. Be prepared for those women to walk up behind you, touch you on the shoulder and begin a conversation.

3. Try not to think about every dude in the place nursing a semi, it'll freak you out.

4. Stick with your group. Having somebody to talk to will help if it all get's a bit much.

5. Most importantly, be respectful to the women. They may be a little bit pushy about wanting to dance, but they'll understand if you're nervous.

You will see, smell and taste things that may haunt you. Get a bit drunk before hand so you're not paying premium when your inside and it'll help to soften the impact.

Good luck, duder.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I installed floors in a strip club once. That's the only time i'll go near one.

I'm a married man after all.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By DriveupLife

You're all a bunch of pussies. Strip clubs are a great time when you're with good friends. Walk in with 100 bucks and slowly spend the money across the night, slipping dollar bills in their panties and garter belts. When you're down to your last thirty bucks, pick the girl you like the best and get one lap dance, they're fun trust me. Walk out at 3 AM a better man.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masturbate furiously

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Unilad

Chill out and just enjoy it man. Good friends, drinks and sleazy women....perfect.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I love women (married one, fathered two), but strip clubs are grooooossss. So many things I don't get, the two big ones:

• Why pay for something you can get for free AND from someone who really wants to do it?
  • Why the HELL would you want to be in a sexually charged environment with platonic friends (in my case that would be men, or worse yet siblings)?

10-15 years ago I MIGHT have gone with a girlfriend, there would be no other appropriate situation.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dichemstys

Have yourself a good time.

@kmdrkul said:

Masturbate furiously

Also this.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've never been, but I feel like you guys are exaggerating how awful this is.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

The best man fucked it up. You're not supposed to have a bachelor party IN a strip bar, you're supposed to hire a stripper. Fucking amateur. Best advice I can give you is bring 40-60$, try and have a good time otherwise toughen it out and then get drunk after.

I suppose you could also cordially refuse to go. Which would be a dick move since it's a bachelor party you were invited to, but the option is there.

And just read the groom came up with it. Should have left all of the planning to the best man.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Been to two strip clubs. One was seedy in a way I simply wasn't prepared for, whereas the other just seemed very artificial. They can be fun every now and then, and you'll never know until you've tried it, but you don't want to be the guy who's there every week.

Basic strategy is to stand around outside in a 5-10 person group debating whether you should go in or not. Anyone outside on a cigarette break will inevitably try to make a sale and give you a bunch of free tokens and maybe a couple of drinks.

The key is to *only* use your tokens. A bunch of strippers will likely approach you and try to make a sale, particularly if they find out it's a bachelor party, and especially if you're the best man. Politely stonewall them. Also, try to stay in your group; if you're walking around on your own it's easy for them to single you out and go for the sale.

If you find a girl you like, don't bother approaching her. Instead, have a friend go over and point you out to them. When she comes over, size her up and if you're happy with her accept the dance. Again, only use your token's worth... it's enough to get your curiosity satiated, whereas agreeing to anything else is likely to get expensive fast.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch out for a stripper named "Dark Chocolate"

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont pay too much for blue balls. If its one of those shady places that does "full service" be careful!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Bring cash with you. My local strip joint has ATM's but the fee to take out cash is $20. Not that I'd know. Just treat them like the hustlers and whores they are and don't let them get too much cash off you. Get yo benji's turned inna Washingtons and make it rain in dat mufucka.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@driveuplife: Haha no shit I was thinking the same thing myself. There is nothing wrong with going to the titty bar every once in a while with good friends. Just dont make a habit of it. Nothing more sad than a man who spends his days and entire paycheck at strip club.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I don't know. I haven't been in a strip club in years. Went a few times after I turned 21 just cause, and quickly soured at the idea of handing lots of hard-earned cash over to some OK-looking girl so she can do a rote, perfunctory dance in front of me while she goes over her laundry list in her head.

Fuck that. Sorry you're getting dragged along. Make the best of it I guess. I'm sure little has changed.

Yeah I had the same experiences. Plus, now that I have a girlfriend, it just seems completely wrong. Not to mention that the places are usually run by really scummy people and most of your money is supporting them.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yeah strip clubs sound like the opposite of fun. But hey, at least they wont put you in physical pain or anything. Just hang out with the guys and chat or something.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My flatmate drunkenly dragged me to a strip club a few weeks ago.

It was surreal, and sad, and your clothes will smell funny afterwards.

Have fun!

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been, but I'm friends with a couple strippers here. There's a local ordinance that orders no nudity in clubs, so the women are required to wear pasties and G-strings... so I see no point in going.

The girls i know who dance absolutely love it, though. Total exploitation of sexually frustrated men. I'll pass.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By monkeyking1969

Strip clubs are weird - I've gone to a bachelor party in my day and my buddy dated a stripper for a few years. Moreover, I lived down the street from a club in Vernon, Connecticut, and several of 'the women' lived in my apartment complex. Want to know the difference between a Subway sandwich artist, a Best Buy emplyeee and a stripper.....nothing....except the stripper earns more and she probably washes her hands more then the other two. Stripper are just people...they got kids...they got bills...and just some of them are drug addicts just like your neighbors. No foolin, most strippers are decent people...or at least no worse than anyone else. JMO, but it an opinion based on knowing people who have worked in clubs.

About the only entertainment value from a strip club comes from "seeing it" at least once in your life. In the US go to Las Vegas, and one of the most expensive clubs...it just safer... more expensive but you won't get stabbed. Yes, it is still surreal, weird and still bit skeezy. Nevertheless, the most expensive, high end clubs are much safer. If going to a local club in your area just go for the one that looks biggest and in th best repair. If you go to the worst club in your area you will get robbed, stabbed or both....no worth it. There is not kitsch value in cheap, scary strip club...they are just bad news.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on going to a strip club on my 21 birthday, so....

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Duder_Me

Just go home and play some video games.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

They absolutely are

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea its a major rip off, pre game, bring cash (last time I went there was a $10 atm fee...), and just enjoy the boobs. Be prepared for a really dirty and sleazy atmosphere.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They are.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Best advice is probably to never eat anything at a strip club, you might regret it afterwards :P

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Drink before hand...and try to have fun with your friends. It's awkward but it's a bachelor party.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By Tireyo

If you don't want to go, then just disappear. Turn off the cell phone and any form of communication, and take off to visit a family member or something. Go to a park, book a cheap room, lock your door and let no one in, just anything just to piss them off and let them know that you mean business. Get some damn balls, and just say no and don't go. Friends don't pressure you into things you don't want to do.

If you do go, then listen to this feller @tyrellocp as he seems to know what he's talking about. I don't agree that you need to drink though because that could subject you into something you don't want.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#50  Edited By pyromagnestir

@dalai said:

So I've been to a strip club once. It's... an experience, but I don't quite see the appeal.

The funny thing is the idea to go to a strip club was from a bunch of my lady friends and they were loving it.

This is very similar to my one and only strip club experience.

In my story it was a friend's girlfriend who wanted to go, or rather she and a friend of hers wanted to go and my friend asked another friend of mine to go with, because he didn't want to go and figured that friend would say no. That friend instead said he'd only go if I went, because he also didn't want to go and was thinking I'd never agree to go because I never agree to go anywhere, and thus he wouldn't have to go, but instead I agreed to go because I knew he wanted me to say no and I'm a dick. Good times were had, though mostly because my second friend who didn't want to go got super drunk by the end of the night. More drunk then I'd ever seen him before and have ever seen him since. He's a somewhat odd, rather funny dude under normal circumstances so he was quite a bit more amusing to watch and talk with that night.

The actual strip club part was eh... There were young and rather attractive naked ladies, and I can't complain about that, but everything was expensive and, well, other than look at the naked ladies there really wasn't much to do, I guess. I mean, think about it, how long can you really just sit there and stare at a naked lady for before thinking, okay that's nice but what now? Especially if the only thing those naked ladies are trying to do is get you to give them money for dancing and being naked and you really don't want to spend very much money on that.

Although it wasn't the terrible ordeal some of the people in here are making it out to be. Though I suppose that might depend on the club, as the place we went to had pretty young ladies, seemed clean, and wasn't crowded at all, and I'm sure some strip clubs are more grimy or crowded or desperate.