• 146 results
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78
  • Guys with chicken legs that go and do nothing but curls and bench, oftentimes wasting the power cage for no reason at the same time.
  • Misinformed fools who take a tiny weight and do a million reps and wonder why they don't make any appreciable gains/losses.
  • Annoying idiots who do nothing correct but feel the need to tell me I'm lifting too much or going too low on squats...fuck you and your lazy ass squats.
  • The fat guy who busts his ass doing cardio but then you see him chugging down 200-300 calories of sugary gatorade right after.  Cmon man don't waste all that hard work~! :(
  • People who put way too much weight on then they can handle so they do fucked up technique wise and you can see the injury and pain coming a mile away.
  • The creepy old guy who tries to talk to every 18-25 year old semi attractive girl.
  • The ugly cougar who winks at me, just because I helped showed you how a machine works doesn't mean anything seriously stop.
  • The guys who have half a heart attack if they walk into the locker room and you haven't put underwear on yet, hey it's a locker/changing/shower room, dicks sometimes aren't covered, either embrace your homosexuality or stop being so self concious about yourself when you see another mans dong, it's really not a big deal.
  • Guys like me who make lists and write long winded run on sentences like the last one on the list.

Add your own.
ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ztiworoh

Guys who spend an awkward amount of time undressed in the locker room. While I have no problem with changing in the locker room, my gym has one guy who literally, hangs out naked, without a towel and sits on the couch in there reading a book. Like, it's a locker room, I get that there's going to be guys changing, but there's something weird about a guy who just sits around naked unnecessarily. 

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

you like seeing other guy dick? what kind of guy is you are?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bhhawks78
@ztiworoh said:
" Guys who spend an awkward amount of time undressed in the locker room. While I have no problem with changing in the locker room, my gym has one guy who literally, hangs out naked, without a towel and sits on the couch in there reading a book. Like, it's a locker room, I get that there's going to be guys changing, but there's something weird about a guy who just sits around naked unnecessarily.  "
We have a few older guys (70ish?) who basically chill in there forever butt ass naked, honestly just makes me laugh more than be annoyed.  Like hey let's go walk for 10 min then sit naked on an uncomfortable bench for 20 min and talk about our grandkids!

Also forgot to add, guys who don't spray/wipe down the machine after, you're fucking nasty.  Also hot chicks who do the same thing, if I was single I might fuck the bejesus out of you but that doesn't mean you shouldn't wipe the fucking machine down jeeze.
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nanikore

The idiots who know nothing about proper form, pick far too heavy weights, fail after their first set and then finish by throwing their dumbbells to the ground. They need to be taught some fucking respect.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nanikore
@CoolDrMoney said:
" you like seeing other guy dick? what kind of guy is you are? "
Being indifferent towards seeing another guy's dick does not mean you are gay.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@nanikore said:
" @CoolDrMoney said:
Being indifferent towards seeing another guy's dick does not mean you are gay. "
Of course it doesn't.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Azteck
@CoolDrMoney said:
lololol homophobia. |:
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bhhawks78
@nanikore said:
" @CoolDrMoney said:
Being indifferent towards seeing another guy's dick does not mean you are gay. "
Even if I was, I wouldn't be a jerk/creep and just stare at random people's dicks.  I don't stare at every chick in the gym....just the hot ones...out of the corner of my eye.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

Those people who think they are better then others because they go to a gym, and those people who insult how other people work out instead of offering to help them by pointing out what they are doing wrong or giving advice on how they could improve their work out.

lolicanseeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By lolicanseeyou
@bhhawks78: people that go to a gym, and by that i mean this
" Those people who think they are better then others because they go to a gym, and those people who insult how other people work out instead of offering to help them by pointing out what they are doing wrong or giving advice on how they could improve their work out. "
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bhhawks78
@crusader8463 said:

" Those people who think they are better then others because they go to a gym, and those people who insult how other people work out instead of offering to help them by pointing out what they are doing wrong or giving advice on how they could improve their work out. "

Yeah when I see someone obviously confused/new I try to help but unless you really know what you are doing, and even then oftentimes people are just dumb and subscribe to bro science when it comes to fitness.  I probably do it more than I otherwise would since I'm a part time personal trainer (usually not at the gym I go to).

@lolicanseeyou

said:

" @bhhawks78: people that go to a gym, and by that i mean this

"
Why so angry?  I sense body/self esteem issues since the topic of fitness makes you lash out.

Also how did a thread presumably about funny shit at the gym turn into anger and a discussion of homophobia?  Damn people lighten the hell up.
Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shinri

I love seeing other guys dicks in changing ro-

Oh, did I say that out loud? I'm not a pervert, I swear. I actually never go to the gym anyway, but all of the people I know who go the gym are complete dicks (seewutididthar) with a superiority complex, so... do they count?

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nanikore
@crusader8463 said:

It's not very encouraging to try to help them, because most of the people who know nothing about what they are doing but the gym to "work out" (while they are mostly there to show off and look at the girls) put on their retarded douchebag attitudes when you point out what they are doing wrong or try to give them advice.
turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By turbo_toaster

This topic made me think of this.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

Every time I say I'll start the gym, it's just a room full of people like OP describes including some super macho dickheads who think that unless you're crafted like Schwarzenegger, you're a fag, bro. Just because I'm aiming for Jared Leto abs rather than Rocky Balboa, it doesn't mean I'm a bad guy.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Brendan

Cellphone guy.  He's usually there with 2 or 4 other dudes, talking loudly and generally making his one exercise a drawn out party.  I just came to the gym to work out man, not wait in line for you're free show to finish!
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ben99

I'm joining the gym next month , Thanks for the tips.. I guess

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Lol at the cougar comment.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti

I hate guys like me at the gym, that have no commitment or cannot maintain a regular schedule of actually going t the gym, even after paying a year in advance. 

Fuck this shit, I need to start going again ><

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#21  Edited By citizenkane

This guy:

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By simian
@ztiworoh said:
" Guys who spend an awkward amount of time undressed in the locker room. While I have no problem with changing in the locker room, my gym has one guy who literally, hangs out naked, without a towel and sits on the couch in there reading a book. Like, it's a locker room, I get that there's going to be guys changing, but there's something weird about a guy who just sits around naked unnecessarily.  "
I live close enough to my gym that I never, ever have to go into the locker room. I feel my quality of life has improved because of this. When I had to make use of it there used to be a pack of guys who'd stand around naked talking to each. We're talking hands on hips / captain morgan stance here. It just made thinks akward.

- Guys who sit on the equipment and talk on cell phones and have full-on meaning of life level conversations & don't get the hint while you're standing in front of them. Maybe that's what the naked locker room jambori is; practicing for equipment intimidation.
Mandiggidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Mandiggidy

Those groups of retards who come and train as a group of 6 or more, taking up 3 or 4 stations circuit style, while talking the entire time. This inturn could make a machine unavailable for fourty five minutes or so. Mostly younger teens also who arrogantly have no form but seem fullfilled by using there entire body to do an arm curl......

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By cinemandrew

People who don't put away weights (or do so incorrectly). All the racks are labeled. It really shouldn't be that difficult to figure out which weights go where. 

@crusader8463 said:

My buddy is a personal trainer, and even he has a tough time convincing some people to take his advice. He's just trying to help people. Usually, it's when they're doing something that could hurt themselves, but for some reason a number of them get defensive and offended. Although, most women don't seem to mind. I suppose it can't hurt that he's an attractive young guy in really good shape. Maybe that's why guys tend to get defensive. They see him as a threat =)
Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I hate it when skanky women go there only to gather dude's attention. They have absolutely no need to work out, so why?

Also, working out for abs is bullshit imo. All it does is make your chest look good. How is that useful in any other way?

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Gym set in me basement. I never have to go to the gym.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bhhawks78
@nanikore said:

" @crusader8463 said:

It's not very encouraging to try to help them, because most of the people who know nothing about what they are doing but the gym to "work out" (while they are mostly there to show off and look at the girls) put on their retarded douchebag attitudes when you point out what they are doing wrong or try to give them advice. "
Yeah going up to an obvious jersey shore dudebro with help/advice and doing the same to someone who is clearly apprehensive/looking around confused about whatever etc are very different.

@JoyfullOFrockets said:

" I hate it when skanky women go there only to gather dude's attention. They have absolutely no need to work out, so why?  Also, working out for abs is bullshit imo. All it does is make your chest look good. How is that useful in any other way? "

Your core of abs and back is very important for both A. to well look good, and B.  very important in many sports, considering those are two of the three biggest reasons people workout?  Seems nonbullshit to me.  Hell even for someone overweight who has a gut ab workouts are important because they can improve/prevent back pain/back injuries and help stabilize the body during compound lifts (aka the most worthwhile ones).

Having a 4-6-8 pack is much much more about body fat % than ab workouts.  Otherwise the fat lady I see doing abs almost daily would have an 8 pack while still being flabby everywhere else...hilarious mental picture though.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ahriman22

I hate the gym, so I don't have to deal with any of that. Gyms make me uncomfortable.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gamefreak9
@bhhawks78:  
actually you lots of reps reps with low weight is supposed to be done more dynamically and this achieves greater density as well as greater endurance. However if you don't do it dynamically you are subject to growing bigger due to build up of lactic acid. Heavy weights is one of the stupidest thing you can do in the gym because if your always doing heavy weight then take 1 month off you won't be able to lift it again until like two more months, it does not add to your health or improvement, just ego and pride. The only people who should be doing heavy with low reps is people trying to activate fast twitch muscles like some rugby positions and sprinters.  
BirdyTheMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By BirdyTheMighty

It's only happened a few times, but when a total stranger decides that you are done lifting at a station and takes all your weight off and starts doing their lift there.  I get one rep in on bench or squat and go to get some water and next thing I know, I am suddenly out a bench or squat station.  The worst part is that there is usually only one good squat station in the gym.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By Tordah

I think the kind of people that annoy me the most are the small groups of teens that occupy several machines at once and mostly just sit around and talk instead of actually exercising. If only they would occupy one single machine I wouldn't be bothered by it.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Sambambo
@fragilenin said:
" It's only happened a few times, but when a total stranger decides that you are done lifting at a station and takes all your weight off and starts doing their lift there.  I get one rep in on bench or squat and go to get some water and next thing I know, I am suddenly out a bench or squat station.  The worst part is that there is usually only one good squat station in the gym. "
Empty station is fair game. How are we meant to know you are coming back?
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Virago
@JoyfullOFrockets said:
" I hate it when skanky women go there only to gather dude's attention. They have absolutely no need to work out, so why?"
And their makeup is caked on thicker than frosting? Yep. Always fun to watch it melt and they become clowns.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FunExplosions
@bhhawks78: Hah. Pretty funny. Agree on all your points. Don't go to the gym currently, but still do tons of home-workouts (Dumbbells, curls, bench-press). When I move soon, my school is going to have a nice gym nearby. Can I ask for some tips on correct form, even on the things I said I already do? I don't wanna go to a gym with all my possible classmates, and be looked at like I'm an idiot. Especially because I'm pretty ripped already, so it would just seem ridiculous if I was doing everything completely wrong.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kmdrkul

I don't go to the gym.  HUZZAH!

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By cstrang

This is why I purchased a set of free weights for my home.  So I don't have to deal with these stupid fucking people anymore.  There are also the dudes that show up in jeans and just take up space on the machines.  And the people that put "real clothes" on over their workout clothes, then spray deodorant on, expecting that to cover up their stench.  And it never works.  Ever.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fwylo

Sexy ladies that won't have sex with me. Fucking hate that.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SadPatrol

people who make fun of people at the gym. This is the reason why most people are afraid to go. People like you judge them without any thought. You simply put everyone in a stereotypical category.  
 He is lifting light weights, that must mean he is an idiot. Maybe it means he is weak or has an injury. Why the hell would you call someone an idiot for lifting lightweights. AT LEAST HE IS LIFTING SOMETHING! 
And you are a hypocrite, you call other people idiots but you don't help them because they will backlash at you. But when someone tries to help you out (your squats)you do the same. Maybe you are the idiot without form (in their eyes).

MostlyHeadless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MostlyHeadless
@ztiworoh said:
I had a guy try and strike up a conversation with me while he was completely naked. He then asked me to feel his bicep because he was SO BUILT. 
I don't go to that gym anymore.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't go to he gym, but I really hate anyone who goes to a gym to just use running/walking machines. If you want to go for a walk or a run - go outside. Don't waste your money going to a gym to do something that you can do for free outside. They have more money than sense.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bhhawks78
@gamefreak9 said:

" @bhhawks78:  actually you lots of reps reps with low weight is supposed to be done more dynamically and this achieves greater density as well as greater endurance. However if you don't do it dynamically you are subject to growing bigger due to build up of lactic acid. Heavy weights is one of the stupidest thing you can do in the gym because if your always doing heavy weight then take 1 month off you won't be able to lift it again until like two more months, it does not add to your health or improvement, just ego and pride. The only people who should be doing heavy with low reps is people trying to activate fast twitch muscles like some rugby positions and sprinters.   "

Using crap bro science just to justify your lazyness to do things properly doesn't mean it isn't completely shit.  If you did any research you'd know even 5-6 month layoffs as long as you eat properly and aren't completely inactive you lose little to nothing and are back to normal within a few weeks.

Fools like you who spout nonsense to people is why so many people who are actually trying to better themselves end up wasting tons of time and money.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have trouble with the gym guys who think that in order to be strong, one has to have a fucklot of defined, clearly visible muscles. We've got a guy who's built like a barrel, can barely see any muscle at all on him, who goes to the local gym regularly. Every time he goes on the bench, you see the stuck-up guido morons who do 4000 situps a day snicker amongst themselves, then almost shit their pants when the guy lift 3 or 4 times the weight they ever could.

I also have a problem with the guys who has to goddamn walk like they've shat themselves, not to mention the guys who feel the need to spread their arms when they walk, like their biceps were the size of kegs of mead.

It's one thing being proud of being in shape. Being smug about it and acting like a dick is another. Each time I see one of those fuckers lit up a grin towards the gym's female occupants I wonder how they would feel after getting bull-rushed.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I have a weight cage and a treadmill.  I don't waste my money going to the gym.   

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't use a gym, because of these things. Also, I'm a cheapskate. I just run outside.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Cube

Yeah, it's why I don't go to the gym anymore. I'm not in shape quite as much as I'd like, but I'd rather do 6-8 reps on a heavier weight and feel the burn on the last couple reps, then to do 15 reps with lighter weights in an effort to increase endurance. The more muscle you gain the better you'll endure anyways as long as you keep workouts varied with stuff like cardio, etc. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bhhawks78
@Asrahn said:
" I have trouble with the gym guys who think that in order to be strong, one has to have a fucklot of defined, clearly visible muscles. We've got a guy who's built like a barrel, can barely see any muscle at all on him, who goes to the local gym regularly. Every time he goes on the bench, you see the stuck-up guido morons who do 4000 situps a day snicker amongst themselves, then almost shit their pants when the guy lift 3 or 4 times the weight they ever could. I also have a problem with the guys who has to goddamn walk like they've shat themselves, not to mention the guys who feel the need to spread their arms when they walk, like their biceps were the size of kegs of mead.  It's one thing being proud of being in shape. Being smug about it and acting like a dick is another. Each time I see one of those fuckers lit up a grin towards the gym's female occupants I wonder how they would feel after getting bull-rushed. "
There's a reason when you watch world strongest man competitions half the guys are build like barrels not like the guys in body building competitions, going from a body builder esque 3-5% bf to 12-14% will just mean your abs don't look awesome at the beach, not any lack of strength.

Also since I got a few pm-s I'll post why low weight high volume is just lazy bullshit that in basically all cases is worthless at best.

High volume low weights 
  • Drain your amino acid pools
  • Drain your glycogen stores
  • Leads to longer necessary recovery time, aka next workout will be worse or delayed
  • Even if you over eat to compensate the amino acid pool and glycogen loss the gains per workout (you will be able to them way less often ) will be minimal.
The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Drizzle

The "bro's" that workout in front of the mirrors by the dumbbells and constantly stare and flex, then high-five other "bro's" that enter the gym and discuss how much protein they took earlier

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By inkeiren

I don't go to the gym because I have marfans, so I can't lift weights that aren't ridiculously light, or my wrist gets pretty severely damaged. The only real exercise I can do is cardio, and I don't need to go to a gym to do that.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Virago
@dudeglove said:
" The gym I go to freaks me out. Russians have weird ass calisthenics stuff, wiggling their bodies around in a really bizarre manner to warm up. "
The truffle shuffle?