If you started your own gaming website who would your all-stars?

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Joshbra97

Like, you could hire anyone you want even if they weren't in gaming journalism anymore for example...

Greg Kasavin; I'd love to read this guys insights again. Plus, for a bald man he's still got the looks that stack the books.

Jeff Gerstmann; Obviously, here, I mean why else would I go to this site? Giantbomb without Jeff Gerstmann is like Gamespot without Jeff Gerstmann. It would suck.

Ryan Davis; He's really opened up since coming to the bomb as a leading guy. Before on GS he was a underused side player but now he really shows that he's a force in front of and behind the page. But honestly? I think he should shave his facial hair. I'm imagining a mix between Topher Grace and John Candy. Who wouldn't like to snuggle up to that on a couch while playing Fatal Frame 2? Just kind of both of us forcing the controller into the other's hands because we don't want to press the button to open a door and then laughing and giggling about it afterward.

Dan Hsu;. If you lived in an age when the internet wasn't so easily available then you gotta go with the Shoe. When EGM was in its heyday it was THE source for console gaming and it's all because of this guy.

Michael Pachter; It would be interesting to have him write a column sort of like the Q-man. Who wouldn't want to hear this guy?
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Joshbra97

Like, you could hire anyone you want even if they weren't in gaming journalism anymore for example...

Greg Kasavin; I'd love to read this guys insights again. Plus, for a bald man he's still got the looks that stack the books.

Jeff Gerstmann; Obviously, here, I mean why else would I go to this site? Giantbomb without Jeff Gerstmann is like Gamespot without Jeff Gerstmann. It would suck.

Ryan Davis; He's really opened up since coming to the bomb as a leading guy. Before on GS he was a underused side player but now he really shows that he's a force in front of and behind the page. But honestly? I think he should shave his facial hair. I'm imagining a mix between Topher Grace and John Candy. Who wouldn't like to snuggle up to that on a couch while playing Fatal Frame 2? Just kind of both of us forcing the controller into the other's hands because we don't want to press the button to open a door and then laughing and giggling about it afterward.

Dan Hsu;. If you lived in an age when the internet wasn't so easily available then you gotta go with the Shoe. When EGM was in its heyday it was THE source for console gaming and it's all because of this guy.

Michael Pachter; It would be interesting to have him write a column sort of like the Q-man. Who wouldn't want to hear this guy?
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz
Joshbra97 said:
 Who wouldn't like to snuggle up to that on a couch while playing Fatal Frame 2? Just kind of both of us forcing the controller into the other's hands because we don't want to press the button to open a door and then laughing and giggling about it afterward.
I wouldn't, because I'm not creepy :x.
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joshbra97
punkxblaze said:
"Joshbra97 said:
 Who wouldn't like to snuggle up to that on a couch while playing Fatal Frame 2? Just kind of both of us forcing the controller into the other's hands because we don't want to press the button to open a door and then laughing and giggling about it afterward.
I wouldn't, because I'm not creepy :x."
It's really not that creepy. Haven't you had really close guy friends? I'm actually just relaying what me and my roommates did when we played through scary games together in college. I mean shit, we would even share underneath a blanket in our boxers. One of the guys is a doctor now and the other one is married. We were just close buds.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hamst3r

Brad Shoemaker (Giant Bomb)
Dave Snider (Giant Bomb)
Ben Crowshaw (Zero Punctuation)
Matt Chandronait (Co-Op)
Ryan O'Donnell (Co-Op)
Anthony Burch (Destructoid)
Anthony Carboni (Bytejacker)

They all have two things in common: They love indie games and PC gaming.

Gotta bring back the PC-focused gaming sites!

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

If I'm snuggling up to anyone game journalist-ish  on a couch it better be Jessica Chobot.

As for writers, Alex Navarro fo sho.

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joshbra97

I agree to the PC-Gaming! I've not been to Co-Op much but it's good to hear they've got a good indie component there.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

The Giant Bomb Crew plus Greg Kasavin, Alex Navarro, heck, the majority of the old Gamespot staff, and Jessica Chobot mainly because she is a darn good looking woman. JUST KIDDING.

Fo reelz tho, it wuld be me, Levio, and SOULJA BOOOOYYYY!!!11! TELL EM!!!

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joshbra97
TheGreatGuero said:
"The Giant Bomb Crew plus Greg Kasavin, Alex Navarro, heck, the majority of the old Gamespot staff, and Jessica Chobot mainly because she is a darn good looking woman."
It's amazing how GS used to be the big force in gaming journalism and now it's just kind of middling. Well, I guess it's not that amazing. They basically cleared house starting with Kasavin. It's like the Florida Marlins all over again.
redgauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By redgauss

Everyone @ GB + Kasavin + Navarro + Tim Tracy + Gabe + Tycho

Also: I DEMAND MORE COOKING WITH TIM1!!!!1?!1?11

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joshbra97

Cooking with Tim? I don't remember those! Also, I didn't even think about Gabe and Tycho they would be awesome! In real life Jerry has one of those awesome bald heads with the fat rolls on his neck.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

Surprisingly, I agree with Joshbra. I would pick the GB staff, Kasavin, Shoe, and Pachter. Pachter for the awesome factror, Shoe because he is Shoe, Kasavin because of Chess, and The GB staff for being the GB staff. Maybe Bozon from IGN Nintendo, I always liked him.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

Jeff, Ryan, Alex, Vinny, Brad, Greg Kasavin, Greg Miller [IGN], Hilary Goldstein [IGN] Dan Hsu and Ryan Scott [1UP].

Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joshbra97

Goldstein? Blech. Not a fan.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By inkeiren

GB staff, Robert Ashley.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By matthew
  • Brad Shoemaker (GB) - the man knows how to take in information at first glance.  All those years of doing previews have really paid off.
  • Greg Kasavin (EA), Jeff Gerstmann (GB), and Ryan Davis (GB)- These three have worked together for over ten years.  And it shows.  They feed really well off each other, picking up where another would finish.  And their knowledge not only of games, but the industry and how to treat a game from a professional viewpoint are second to none.
  • Brian Crecente (Kotaku) - If you've been following his site from the early happenings, and jump to it now, its amazing what the man has done.  I'd want somebody who could transform and garner a following on my side.
  • Vinny Caravela (GB) - The edge would go to this guy for my video producing.  I've yet to see Drew pass him up (haven't been able to see Drew really express himself, so I can't get a feel for his style).
  • Rich Gallup (38 Studios) - My main man for features, his producing skills only continue to grow.  And that eyebrow.
  • Carrie Gouskos (EA), Alex Navarro (Harmonix) - The passion and eager drive these two continually show for their industry never ceases to amaze.  
  • Leigh Alexander (Gamasutra) - The insights provided by this unique brain cannot go on being overlooked.  Definatley a great perspective into the workings of the Industry.
  • Bob Colayco (Blizzard) - My professional face of the company, only a fool would turn down one hand-picked by Blizzard.
  • Jason Ocampo (IGN) - Not only does the man know computers, but he knows everything you would want to know about the computer as it relates to the Industry.
  • Whiskey Media - I'm more than satisfied on how GiantBomb works.  They work on macs, and perfectly port it over to pc's.  These guys are top grade.
cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cdstacker

giantbomb plus rebel fm guys plus shawn elliot and robert ashley

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercator

John Davison
Crispin Boyer
Robert Ashley
Mark MacDonald
Jeff Green

Done.

Other than Ashley all old timers for sure...but without question the list of journos I have most agreed with in the past.

redgauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By redgauss
Joshbra97 said:
"Cooking with Tim? I don't remember those! Also, I didn't even think about Gabe and Tycho they would be awesome! In real life Jerry has one of those awesome bald heads with the fat rolls on his neck."

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19  Edited By the8bitNacho
James "Milkman" Mielke (1UP) - Editorial Director
Ryan Davis (Giant Bomb) - Content Director
Shane Bettenhausen (formerly of 1UP) - Managing Editor
Dan "Shoe" Hsu (Bitmob) - Reviews Editor
Crispin Boyer (Bitmob) - Senior Editor
Anthony Gallegos (GameSpy) - Senior Editor
Brian Crecente (Kotaku) - News Editor
Stephen Totilo (Kotaku) - News Editor
Ryan Scott (formerly of 1UP) - Associate Editor
Nick Suttner (Sony) - Associate Editor

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

joshbra

your thing on ryan davis makes it seem like you want to wear his skin 

seriously creepy..... Go outside
KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By KingOfIceland

The incredible lack of mention of news magician Brendan Sinclair and beard master  Brian Eckberg (Gamespotu) is disappointing.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hitchenson
Joshbra97 said:
"Like, you could hire anyone you want even if they weren't in gaming journalism anymore for example...

"
I'm certain from your posts, that you're not like this at all. And talk/act like to this, to see what reactions you get? I know I'm right...
Joshbra97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joshbra97
Hitchenson said:
"Joshbra97 said:
"Like, you could hire anyone you want even if they weren't in gaming journalism anymore for example...

"
I'm certain from your posts, that you're not like this at all. And talk/act like to this, to see what reactions you get? I know I'm right...
"
Wait what? You know I'm not like what?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By CL60

Jessica Chobot.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Adam Sexlar.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'd just take the GB guys, but give them incredibly stupid nicknames. I'd have Jeffy G, Vinny Caramel-vella, Dual Wielding Davis and The Voice.

I'd also have The Eyebrow and Cheese on Toast (try and guess who those are).