Just saw the movie "Milk" ...

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

I just watched it, didn't know what it was about but had heard good things.  I was kind of surprised that it was about the struggle for gay rights... I found the whole thing frankly kind of disturbing what with the man love and all... if that movie was supposed to make me have more respect for gays and their struggle, it kind of did the opposite.  I can't even really give that movie a proper rating because on the one hand it was all very well done, but on the other it showed gays as being obsessed with sex, and me not liking watching that, I regret seeing the film and wouldn't recommend it.  Am I a bad person for being disgusted by this film?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

I enjoyed the film almost as much as I enjoyed Brobeback Mountain. Personally, I don't think it showed gays a sexually obsessed people and even if it did, why feel disgust? All the rest of the people is obsessed with sex, why would gays be any different?

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snipzor

No, don't worry. But shouldn't you be more disturbed by the murder itself instead of the sex or love interest. If it were a lesbian love interest, I bet you wouldn't mind, but I might be wrong.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't have a problem with gays or anything, but the movie showed them as perverts, always with sex on their mind... whenever there was any casual conversation, it was always about how another man was cute, or about tight pants or something.  It's a hard thing to watch, sorry.  Also, the film was biased towards anyone who didn't agree with gay rights.  I think gays should have the same rights, but they made anyone who said otherwise look like a stuttering moron.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snipzor
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"I don't have a problem with gays or anything, but the movie showed them as perverts, always with sex on their mind... whenever there was any casual conversation, it was always about how another man was cute, or about tight pants or something.  It's a hard thing to watch, sorry.  Also, the film was biased towards anyone who didn't agree with gay rights.  I think gays should have the same rights, but they made anyone who said otherwise look like a stuttering moron.
"
Which is why there are more heterosexual teen sex movies than ever.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose
DOUBLESHOCK said:
" but they made anyone who said otherwise look like a stuttering moron. "
Because they are
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JoelTGM
Snipzor said:
"No, don't worry. But shouldn't you be more disturbed by the murder itself instead of the sex or love interest. If it were a lesbian love interest, I bet you wouldn't mind, but I might be wrong.
"
Oh, right, the murder.  Yeah that was disturbing, sorry I have to remind myself that the murder was a real event that happened.  As for lesbians, now that's a tough one.  Ok look, I don't have a problem with homosexuality either way, but come on, I'm a male, what do you expect.  Obviously lesbians wouldn't bother me, but seeing gay men being gay is gross to me.  I try not to be biased and all that, but I guess with some things I am.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Red

Thank you. You made me feel a lot better for not ever even considering watching this movie.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snipzor
Black_Rose said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
" but they made anyone who said otherwise look like a stuttering moron. "
Because they are
"
Because you were the first person to say it, it now removes any liability claims against me.

There is no form of humanity on this green earth that can be highly intelligent and find a reason to be against gay rights. It is impossible, they are all idiots and assholes. À là 1960's segregationist laws in the southern states, there is no good reason for it.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snipzor
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Snipzor said:
"No, don't worry. But shouldn't you be more disturbed by the murder itself instead of the sex or love interest. If it were a lesbian love interest, I bet you wouldn't mind, but I might be wrong.
"
Oh, right, the murder.  Yeah that was disturbing, sorry I have to remind myself that the murder was a real event that happened.  As for lesbians, now that's a tough one.  Ok look, I don't have a problem with homosexuality either way, but come on, I'm a male, what do you expect.  Obviously lesbians wouldn't bother me, but seeing gay men being gay is gross to me.  I try not to be biased and all that, but I guess with some things I am.
"
Well you are supposed to feel uncomfortable. But you should feel the same way for any sex scenes, not just the ones in this movie. In fact, you should feel even worse with a Cronenberg movie.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By ZombiePie

I enjoyed the movie and I didn't really have a problem with the sex or love interest, but that's just me. The only concern/criticism I had with the film was its depiction of Mr. Milk. The way I saw it, the film portrayed Milk as a perfect politician, so I have to question whether this is accurate. I realize that it was a political film with a message, I just think that the way the film portrayed him could be questioned.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive

female gays, normal relationship, male gays,  i mean come on. were all guys here, we are horny fuckin dudes, now imagine if we were all gay, we would just fuck constantly, of course gays are sex crazy. 

and yeah, there is way too much confusion with the film milk. its legitimacy is just one thing , another is penn winning best actor over rourke. 
hfhongxia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By hfhongxia

hello ! I'd like to send a word of thanks to our loyal mods, who have taken the great responsibility that comes with great power, and have used it for good rather then evil. Thank you!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive
Snipzor said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Snipzor said:
"
"
Well you are supposed to feel uncomfortable. But you should feel the same way for any sex scenes, not just the ones in this movie. In fact, you should feel even worse with a Cronenberg movie.
"
no, only wierd sex scenes involving rape or something wierd as hell should make you uncomfortable. brokeback mountain didnt make me feel that uncomfortable, after i forced myself to see it (im a movie buff i just had to see it cause i see them all no matter what lol unless its titled date movie or something). although seeing harry green goblin dointongst sucking face with sean penn will be awkward. 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snipzor
TwoOneFive said:
"female gays, normal relationship, male gays,  i mean come on. were all guys here, we are horny fuckin dudes, now imagine if we were all gay, we would just fuck constantly, of course gays are sex crazy. 

and yeah, there is way too much confusion with the film milk. its legitimacy is just one thing , another is penn winning best actor over rourke. 
"
Well just to clarify, gay men have a ton of sex because there is nothing holding us back. Think about it, most men would if they could, but they can't because women won't.
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sushbag
Snipzor said:
"There is no form of humanity on this green earth that can be highly intelligent and find a reason to be against gay rights. It is impossible, they are all idiots and assholes. À là 1960's segregationist laws in the southern states, there is no good reason for it.
"
Gay people have all the rights they need already, so you're right, there is no reason to be against gay rights. However, there are plenty of reasons to be against flamboyant public displays of homosexual love, or against anyone who thinks gay people are "cute and sweet and funny", or against the act of shoving your penis into another man's waste-disposal organs. Surely an intelligent man such as yourself can see that.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snipzor
Sushbag said:
"Snipzor said:
"There is no form of humanity on this green earth that can be highly intelligent and find a reason to be against gay rights. It is impossible, they are all idiots and assholes. À là 1960's segregationist laws in the southern states, there is no good reason for it.
"
Gay people have all the rights they need already, so you're right, there is no reason to be against gay rights. However, there are plenty of reasons to be against flamboyant public displays of homosexual love, or against anyone who thinks gay people are "cute and sweet and funny", or against the act of shoving your penis into another man's waste-disposal organs. Surely an intelligent man such as yourself can see that.
"
Ah, but flamboyance is another issue. It is similar to the testosterone levels of straight men, you know exactly what I mean. Public displays of dickheadetry as a whole is annoying.
JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By JudgeDread
Sushbag said:
"Snipzor said:
"
"
why not just say that you are a homophobe?
if you want to stop men to have anal sex with other men, then you are a homophobe or just misguided.
why not stop all men from having anal sex, regardless of its with a woman or a man?
what people do in their bedrooms with consenting people is none of your business
regardless if you like me find anal sex disgusting and stay clear away from it in your sexual relationships with other women

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icil

Woah, woah, I don't think that DOUBLESHOCK is as evil as you guys are making him sound right now. I think it's just because it's something people aren't used to yet. A decade ago, movies and TV were dominated by male on female lovin', so society's in a kind of transitional phase right now. I think Milk's in the right direction, because as we see more movies and TV with gay relationships in them, their equality will become apparent.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Anal sex? Whoa! I like the direction this thread is going.

Anyway, yeah, most people are sexually obsessed. Especially dudes like Zangief.
I haven't seen Milk. Maybe I will some day, it's not really at the top of my list. I do strongly believe in gay rights, but let me be honest, instead I'd rather just watch Slumdog Millionaire again. Milk certainly isn't a movie I'll see in theaters, and most likely, if I ever do see it, it won't be until a few years from now if I catch it on TV one night.

The fact that you can say the film was well made, but actually regret watching it just because of the gay content, I don't know... that's kinda lame. I guess maybe I feel the same way about American History X, though, just more because I found it to be too disturbing and screwed up. The difference is that there's nothing wrong with men being in love, whereas there is something wrong with curb stomping a dude because of the color of his skin.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By damswedon

the problem with milk is that the film is let down by its boring presentation. i got exactly the same feeling from watching the documentary the life and times of Harvey milk.
but it's not a bad film, and pean was one of the two that deserved the Oscar.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Alex_Murphy
JudgeDread said:
"Sushbag said:
"Snipzor said:
"
"
why not just say that you are a homophobe?
if you want to stop men to have anal sex with other men, then you are a homophobe or just misguided.
why not stop all men from having anal sex, regardless of its with a woman or a man?
what people do in their bedrooms with consenting people is none of your business
regardless if you like me find anal sex disgusting and stay clear away from it in your sexual relationships with other women

"
I've got a 'whatever floats your boat' attitude to most things. But the other side of the coin is that you can't expect everyone else in the world to agree with your choices. It may not be any of your business what people do in their own bedrooms, but it is your right to voice your opinion. So weither you're straight, gay, a furry, a pedophile, into farm animals, whatever turns you on, go for it. Just realize that other people might see things differently.