• 80 results
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By stonyman65

I love Clerks, but he needs to make Mallrats 2.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Tylea002

@Undeadpool said:

@Tylea002 said:

@Undeadpool said:

@Shaunage said:

Clerks is excellent. Clerks 2 is Zero-Star-bad. I'll watch it, but I'm not excited for it.

You realize he gets paid whether you're excited or not, right?

I have no idea why that matters...

Because I don't understand why people go to something KNOWING it's bad and KNOWING they're going to hate it, plunk down money for it, and then wonder, either aloud or on a forum, how movies they hate keep getting made. It happened with Transformers, it happened with the Star Wars Prequels/Blu-Rays, it happens a LOT.

Oh in that context. I know what you mean. I'll go see bad movies because I'm curious, because I love cinema and want to know all of it, which is a shame as it means economically, I'm not voting with my dollar.

I don't wonder why movies get made though, because it's pretty obvious.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By BlastProcessing

I liked Clerks 2, and looking back, it really gave Dante and Randall's story proper conclusion. I'm not interested.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By Shaunage

@Tylea002 said:

@Undeadpool said:

@Tylea002 said:

@Undeadpool said:

@Shaunage said:

Clerks is excellent. Clerks 2 is Zero-Star-bad. I'll watch it, but I'm not excited for it.

Because I don't understand why people go to something KNOWING it's bad and KNOWING they're going to hate it, plunk down money for it, and then wonder, either aloud or on a forum, how movies they hate keep getting made. It happened with Transformers, it happened with the Star Wars Prequels/Blu-Rays, it happens a LOT.

Oh in that context. I know what you mean. I'll go see bad movies because I'm curious, because I love cinema and want to know all of it, which is a shame as it means economically, I'm not voting with my dollar.

I may be a fringe case here, snce I watch basically every movie that gets released. I've seen ~170 this year. At 100 minutes, it kind of doesn't matter whether it's any good, and ticket prices are too low for me to even consider them an amount of money. It's just what I like to do. Good or terrible, I have a better time than not seeing it at all.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Tylea002

@Shaunage said:

@Tylea002 said:

@Undeadpool said:

@Tylea002 said:

@Undeadpool said:

@Shaunage said:

I may be a fringe case here, snce I watch basically every movie that gets released. I've seen ~170 this year. At 100 minutes, it kind of doesn't matter whether it's any good, and ticket prices are too low for me to even consider them an amount of money. It's just what I like to do. Good or terrible, I have a better time than not seeing it at all.

Man, I wish I had the time. I'd love to see all the movies. I salute you, sir!

Turduken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By Turduken

Sequels/prequels do not diminish the original. Empire's still awesome despite Phantom Menace. First Matrix is great despite its nonsensical sequels. Clerks 2 doesn't ruin Clerks. It's there if you want it, but you don't need to watch it.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Undeadpool

@Tylea002: It IS pretty obvious, and yet people still wonder...and yeah, I've done my share of watching (and paying for) terriblemovies, but I never put myself ABOVE them, you know? I knew I was giving up my right to complain.

Edit: Anyway, context established, swords into plowshears and all that.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By MrT

I don't doubt that clerks 3 is going to be the last thing kev smith directs but it is most likely going to be a play and not a film he has sais this many tines before. .

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By landon

@bartok said:

Anyone who still thinks Kevin Smith is funny is not yet an adult.

Anyone who things Kevin Smith isn't funny hasn't listened to him speak. The man is way funnier than the films he has made.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By ShaggE

I love all of the Askewniverse films (yes, even Strike Back and Clerks 2) and a number of latter-day Smith films, so sign me up.

Also, I get a kick out of the condescension toward fans in every Kevin Smith thread.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tunaburn

I LOVE CLERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PokeIkzai

Clerks was great, Clerks 2 was great. This is good news to me.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Vonocourt

Eh.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#64  Edited By Kidavenger

I hated Clerks 2 the first time I saw it, now I like it, I expect the same for this movie.

I think Kevin Smith is great overall, but I think it's pretty sad he's making this movie after explicitly saying he wouldn't.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By crithon

ugh, a little bit of me has died reading.

That's it I'm moving out of New Jersey

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By penguindust

@wrecks: Exactly, I can't hate on Clerks 2. I thought it was sort of fun. I gave up taking anything Smith does too seriously after Dogma.

I hope Clerks 3 (Cl3rks as the joke goes) is in 3D. The first was black & white, the second color and the final chapter of the Clerks Trilogy should be in 3D!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By donchipotle

So long as Elias is in it, I'm cool.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Jams

I'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I love Clerks. I didn't see II because it seemed like a bad idea even if it actually didn't look like a bad movie. I am in love with Rosario Dawson though.

Man... I don't think this is necessary.

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

I'm in. I run hot and cold on Smith's movies in general, but Dante and Randall somehow mean a lot to me, so in that respect I guess he succeeds as a storyteller.

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FearMyFlop

I didn't really HATE clerks 2 for some reason. I laughed at times and that was enough for me. It didn't stick with me like Chasing Amy did but I can see where people would really hate it. I for one would like to see Clerks 3 and it will probably suck but I am and always will be curious like that. I don't understand the hate for unnecessary sequels but then again I really hate finality.

akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By akeripper4

and this one goes kevin smith who?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@Landon said:

@bartok said:

Anyone who things Kevin Smith isn't funny hasn't listened to him speak. The man is way funnier than the films he has made.

I was specifically talking about his Smodcast empire. We get it weed and dick jokes and that is when he isn't talking about how great he is or how we should buy his shit.

RNominal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RNominal

Don't care too much for any of his movies but I love An Evening With Kevin Smith.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By artofwar420

Loved first Clerks, haven't watched the second one.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By oraknabo

Surprisingly, I liked Red State, but I hate everything he's made between Clerks and it.

D_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By D_Mac

I'm cool with this, I like all his stuff (haven't seen Red State). Love Dante and Randal. Bring it on Smith.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By Ravelle

Whoa, this came out of nowhere, I thought he said he was done after Red State.

Great news nonetheless, love his work.

Indeed, I listen to some of his weekly podcasts and they're hilarious.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By OneManX

I thought Clerks II was pretty good. But yeah it had closure at the end of it. Dunno how they are gonna work with 3. THough I'll take Rosario Dawson any day of the week...

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jerseyscum

@wrecks said:

Clerks 2 is worth it, just for Rosario Mewes.

Glad to see that he's off the junk and doing great. Big fan of Jay and Silent Bob Get Old.