Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#101  Edited By DjCmeP

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@dieguy said:

@Xeiphyer: @Vito_Raliffe:
Here's some videos, enlighten yourself

I generally wouldn't talk down on someone else's tastes, but in this case I'll make an exception. That's gotta be some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Ragdrazi

Oh look. This thread's still here.

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Skogen

So let me get this straight. Lil B is the new Soulja boy, except he lacks a goofy dance?

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By TheMustacheHero

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWFUL!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#105  Edited By Vinny_Says
@imsh_pl said:
Whatever, I still think that rap music is just some random pseudo-deep talk about how life is hard with some curse words thrown in. And when you try to argue against that you're told "you just don't understand it".  I don't listen to rap music at all but so far almost every song I've heard matches the above conclusion.
Listen to Snoop Dogg's first album, most are just party songs about having a good time. It's a pretty popular album, so no not all rap is about how hard life.....ahhh never mind I won't change your mind on an internet forum. 
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By ajamafalous

:/

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Azteck

This is a parody, right? It's not actually a real artist.. right?

justinguiles6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By justinguiles6

The cover of Lil B's album is a throwback to Marvin Gaye's 1971 classic album, I Want You.   

No Caption Provided
dieguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By dieguy
@Skogen: Yes and No. Of course he has a dance, what rapper with any talent doesn't have a dance?  
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Pinworm45
@JayDee said:
wow, are you guys seriously unaware of one of the biggest things on the internet?
Yep, and thankful to be.
JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By JayDee
@Fr0Br0: bruh. you're not telling me anything i don't already know. i heard based 4 ya face when it came out. he isn't trolling anything. you're a dumbass.

@boylie: ignorance is awesome!
PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

This is honestly one of the most brilliant rap albums I've heard in the last five years.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#114  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Whut? :/

boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By boylie

The fact that you can't seem to process that people might possibly think this sounds bad ASTOUNDS ME.

I've read up on him. He sounds to me like he's almost a rap hipster. Doing this all to be "ironic". If you care to actually explain anything about this to me or anyone else, and not just drop in, make insane claims of historical significance, and hurl insults at people who dare actually listen to the music and take things at face value, I'd love to know more. If you honestly, not jokingly, unapologetically, think he's awesome, well, just let me know so I can duck out now.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By JayDee
@boylie:  i do. i'm having a problem with people writing him off after not hearing any of his work, or the album this thread is about. i understand why people think lil b makes bad music, but i also don't like ignorant judging. i think lupes fiascos makes some really bad music, has a few songs i like and appreciate, but this isn't after hearing one single. i've listened to all his albums, i've made this opinion over a couple years. me bothering to try and explain to some of the posters here would really be a waste because they don't want to know that there's so much more to this artist, they've already got their opinion.
boylie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By boylie

@JayDee: Well dude, I'm not really trying to be one of them. And honestly, isn't it understandable that after listening to the first 2 songs, and knowing literally nothing else about this guy and what he's all about, it'd be REALLY easy for most people to just write you off as a crazy person? Taste being subjective, and you saying he's great when that's what we have to go on doesn't do much to help your case.

You're right, I was ignorant. But the owness isn't on me and everyone else to research every seemingly insane thing people say on the internet, it's on you to justify it. So - justify it. I'm not "some of those posters"; I'm interested in hearing more, and I didn't really find much online after a few minutes of checking, so maybe you can clear it up a bit.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By captain_clayman

this doesnt surprise me coming from lil b.  he's living, breathing internet meme

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By JayDee
@boylie: i think you should listen to this, basically the seminal song and explanation the based god, style and method. check out the free mixtape red flame and i feel like that one can help you understand him as a complete artist. you should be able to find a link for that easy, if you can't i'll help you out.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By laserbolts
@Dawglet
Why is everyone on Giant Bomb such a cunt when it comes to something as subjective as music taste? 
Its the internet.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121  Edited By fr0br0
@JayDee: How the fuck can you compare Wonton Soup to this? The quality is on a different level. "Lets give it up to the player haters. Ya'll motivate me." The very definition of a troll. So why don't you open your eyes and stop being another typical ignorant Lil' B fan. Dude is clowning you. A shame you can't realize that. But whatever, I'll buy the album because watching him clown dudes like you is entertaining as hell.  

McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By McSmunions

heard the production on this was awesome, will be checking it out. lil b's great, most of his songs are nonsense, but his personality and charisma just make it easy to like him.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By JayDee

i think he can be more than one thing without being a "troll". the quality is there on pretty bitch too even if its some ridiculous subject matter and content. you don't like the works that he is popular for so you made up some bullshit that he must be trolling the ignorant rap fan. lol, that is just crazy. everything he does is unique and kind of bizarre even the serious works.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Example1013

I feel like Ashton Kutcher should be here.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Hot_Karl
@laserbolts said:
@Dawglet
Why is everyone on Giant Bomb such a cunt when it comes to something as subjective as music taste? 
Its the internet.
Yes, but Giant Bomb folk are especially critical. It's the reason why I want nothing to do with a possible Whiskey Media music site; it'll be the same douchebags acting holier-than-thou and putting down everyone else's taste in music. 

With that said, Lil' B ain't for me, I'll just stick to Bangs. 

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126  Edited By Bruce
@JayDee:  

All he's doing is trying to get attention to his shitty album via the inevitable GLAD onslaught. You want to know what'd really be HUGE, if the guy was an out homosexual making a mainstream rap album; that'd be huge. Naming your album "I'm Gay" as a marketing ploy, and pussyfooting to the point that you add "I'm Happy" to it, isn't.
JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By JayDee
@Bruce: i disagree. just having the title and not giving a fuck what people say is pretty big too. but this will go nowhere so i'm done. peace
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TwoOneFive
@dieguy: wow, its pretty obvious he was gay. those videos were totally gay. 
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ragdrazi
@Bruce said:
@JayDee:   All he's doing is trying to get attention to his shitty album via the inevitable GLAD onslaught. You want to know what'd really be HUGE, if the guy was an out homosexual making a mainstream rap album; that'd be huge. Naming your album "I'm Gay" as a marketing ploy, and pussyfooting to the point that you add "I'm Happy" to it, isn't.
This is true.

@JayDee said:
@Bruce: i disagree. just having the title and not giving a fuck what people say is pretty big too. but this will go nowhere so i'm done. peace

This is not.

Glad you're getting out. Maybe this stupid thread will die now.
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#130  Edited By SomethingClever

Oh, Lil B, the male Kreayshawn.

Seriously, all I know about Lil B is that Kreayshawn has been known as the female Lil B so my original statement seems to hold some logic. Thanks Wikipedia.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By MistaSparkle

Did somebody say kreayshawn!? :D

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#132  Edited By Jeust
@JayDee said:
@McGhee_the_Insomniac:  yeah lil b is one of the most complex artists ever. and i know you're gonna laugh after just hearing wonton soup, but its as honestly as i can say true.

here's the opener.

Looks interesting. Thanks!  

Homossexual people are generally very complex. 
JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By JayDee
@Ragdrazi: there's no facts involved really but i think you're just upset or something.

jeust he's not actually gay. he's trying to make a political statement/revolution
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#134  Edited By fattony12000

What is this. 

I don't even.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By JayDee
@Dawglet: lol they already released a statement about it when he announced the album. so i guess, that would make you fucking nuts?
 here's the quote from april 18 “As a lyricist, Lil B knows that words matter. Slurs have the power to fuel intolerance. We hope that Lil B’s album title is not just a gimmick, and is really a sincere attempt to be an ally. He has the platform and the voice. We hope he uses it in a positive way.”

and listen to the fucking music the album title clearly has meaning in correlation to what he was trying to do with the album. i don't even know what the fuck was the point of this post, what are you doing?

also the fact that he's giving people his blessing to download it for free is incredible. and in what way is that a marketing ploy? he would want you to fucking buy the album. it is clearly only about the music.
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Aetheldod
@JayDee:  But the subtitle bellow the Im gay is Im happy , wasnt that one of meanings of the word? And what the big deal ? This only has to do with people who likes rap/hip/hop or whatever. For me it was more important that Varg Vikerness released a Burzum album on 2020 & 2011 after being freed from jail , Black Metal is more my type of music :P , but that must mean spit wad to you
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Meh.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Bruce
@laserbolts:  

I don't think we're being cunts toward his taste; we're being cunts toward the opinion that an album called "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" is a monumental thing. Honestly, if a rap title ever sparked major conversation, it was Nas' Nigger. Until of course, he pussy'd out and just called it N.
JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By JayDee
@Bruce: you're being douches just to be douches. but you're all so misinformed its embarrassing. that nas album didn't get called n it was untitled. and he didn't "pussy out" he was forced to change it he was on a major label called the def jam. i realize a lot of this stuff is foreign to you but cmon at least try a little harder.

this is my last post in the thread. i wanted to see if we could some decent discussion on this album since it is historic no matter how hard the few of you try and argue against it.

bruce why are you being such an unbelievable douche over this? and no that's not how it happened. he had no reason to give a single fuck.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Bruce
@JayDee:  

Actually dipshit, his label was fully behind his decision to title the album Nigger. Nas HIMSELF backed out of it, fearing the backlash. 
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Brians

I don't think that a title of an album is something worthy of being called historic.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By mikethekilla

Bay Area Hip Hop and hip hop in general is in a real bad state right now 

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By McGhee

I'm going to revive this stupid thread to drop in this great review of this album by Anthony Fantano. It breaks down what Lil B is quite well.

agerstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By agerstone

I'm incredibly late on this topic, I downloaded the album last week and literally haven't stopped listening to it. I got it pretty much the same time as the Kendrick Lamar album and have ended up hardly listening to that. This is looking like it might be my album of 2011 - although Random Axe & Smif N Wessun LP's are a close contender.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#145  Edited By Bollard
@CookieMonster said:
@muttjones said:

@Jothel said:

I can't believe I just read this entire thread
JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By JayDee
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: you know what would be more useful? if you made your own opinion/thoughts and posted that. thank you.

@agerstone: i saw your thread, i'd recommend listening to some of his other music.
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#147  Edited By xpgamer7

Alright, most of the music I listened to by Lil b seems to talk about girls having sex with him or him complimenting himself. Whether he's being serious or not he tends to come off as obnoxious and kind of douchey. I can appreciate that he throws off the timing or that he inserts weird referential pieces but it rarely relates to the meaning of the song and that's where it fails. I think with the album title he was trying to say gay isn't just homosexuality but subtlety isn't his thing. In the end this is still just my opinion, and I doubt I'll change JayDee's, but I'd like to know why he finds Lil B worth this much defending.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By JayDee
@Xpgamer7: i respect your opinion because you took the time to find out more about him and actually listen to the guys work. the problem and only problem i have is when people see/hear wonton soup and write him off completely. the guy has released thousands of songs worth of material, multiple albums, etc. i just think you should give him more of a chance before forming that opinion. i enjoy this music, i don't care if you do, but i feel like everyone should either ignore it or give it the proper attention before making an opinion and that applies to almost everything.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By McGhee

@JayDee said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: you know what would be more useful? if you made your own opinion/thoughts and posted that. thank you.

@agerstone: i saw your thread, i'd recommend listening to some of his other music.

I already did. Go back to the first page of the thread where I say Lil B is some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard. You told me to "find out for myself" as if I hadn't listened to enough of his music to understand how "complex" he is. I listened to quite a few of his songs and they were laughably bad. I mean REALLY bad, like he was doing a comedy routine making fun of hip hop. I don't need to buy all of his fucking albums and memorize them to have an informed opinion. I saw Fantano's review and it broke down Lil B quite well, in a far more fair and forgiving way than me. So I thought I'd share it.

But please, go on telling the world that Lil B is the second coming, and that any dissenting opinion is an uninformed, hateful one. I'll just sit back and have a good laugh.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Karl_Boss
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Yeah I watched that whole video awhile back and he sums up Lil B pretty well.