Love is ............. new kittens.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By oldschool

After the wretched year we had losing all our pets last year, with both our much beloved British Shorthaired cats (G'Kar & Chakotay) having to be put down, we have started the new year with our new family of pets. 

Kittens truly are love - look, they are telling you it.  In all honesty, this photo was not staged.  They were sleeping like this and we thought - "look, a love heart" and had to get a shot (the bald patch is from de-sexing operation).  

No Caption Provided

This is Selkie.
No Caption Provided

This is Morpheus.
No Caption Provided

They are pure bred Ragdoll cats and really have the sweetest disposition.  They really do just flop when you pick them up and will just lay placidly in your hands.  They are also extremely energetic and capable of some very large jumps.  Considering they are supposedly the largest breed of domestic cats, we are expecting Morpheus, the male, to be BIG.  They are really good company at night, as as soon as I sit down at the computer, up they jump and settle down to sleep on the desk in front of me, unless they are in the mood for fun, in which case, I get attacked through the keyboard shelf and my mouse keeps disappearing.  I really love these cats.  

Here is a little video of them.  Notice that I am too lazy to get of the couch and play with them properly  ^-^ 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By oldschool

After the wretched year we had losing all our pets last year, with both our much beloved British Shorthaired cats (G'Kar & Chakotay) having to be put down, we have started the new year with our new family of pets. 

Kittens truly are love - look, they are telling you it.  In all honesty, this photo was not staged.  They were sleeping like this and we thought - "look, a love heart" and had to get a shot (the bald patch is from de-sexing operation).  

No Caption Provided

This is Selkie.
No Caption Provided

This is Morpheus.
No Caption Provided

They are pure bred Ragdoll cats and really have the sweetest disposition.  They really do just flop when you pick them up and will just lay placidly in your hands.  They are also extremely energetic and capable of some very large jumps.  Considering they are supposedly the largest breed of domestic cats, we are expecting Morpheus, the male, to be BIG.  They are really good company at night, as as soon as I sit down at the computer, up they jump and settle down to sleep on the desk in front of me, unless they are in the mood for fun, in which case, I get attacked through the keyboard shelf and my mouse keeps disappearing.  I really love these cats.  

Here is a little video of them.  Notice that I am too lazy to get of the couch and play with them properly  ^-^ 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake
Moggie Mania!

Lovely cats there oldschool. They look like they're going to shed a lot though.
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By therabidfrog

Kittens are pretty nice.

RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RLLink

Adorable, oldschool. You're making me want to hug some kittens right now. Sadly, I do not own one. *tear* Have fun with your new kittens.

TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TinaWood

Oh wow, they're so cute!.  My kitty cat is much cuter tho...

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
@eroticfishcake said:
" Moggie Mania!  Lovely cats there oldschool. They look like they're going to shed a lot though. "
Yep.  Our first long haired cats.  It was bad enough with the short haired ones, but we have entered a whole new area now.  A friend has a full grown one and that is a lot of fur.  This was our kids choice - so it is their job to keep them bushed.  
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

I would die for that pair....

Actually thinking about getting a kitten. I think two would be best, though.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afroman269

Morpheus.....lol perfect.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By sopranosfan

Thanks, now my wife wants one like them. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Sweet stuff mate :D I love that first image, and I like your choice of names also. 

I hope they make you all very happy for years to come.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vitor

I just cooed like a little girl at the sight of those - WANT

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Gabriel

I got a soft spot for cats

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
@Afroman269 said:
" Morpheus.....lol perfect. "
@Linkyshinks said:
" Sweet stuff mate :D I love that first image, and I like your choice of names also.  I hope they make you all very happy for years to come. "
The kids got to pick the names as well.  Our last cats both had sci-fi names (Babylon 5 and Star Trek Voyager origins) and it said a lot about us.  This time it says everything about the kids.  Selkie is from Final Fantasy and Morpheus is not The Matrix, rather, the Greek God of sleep and dreams (my youngest is very big on mythology and all stuff fantasy, especially the dark stuff). 

@sopranosfan said:
" Thanks, now my wife wants one like them.  "
Just give in and do it  ^-^
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero

You named your cat Morpheus

+150.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
@AndrewB said:
" I would die for that pair....  Actually thinking about getting a kitten. I think two would be best, though. "
We always get pets as a pair.  They grow up together and really bond.  Plus, they are never lonely as they have each other for company.  I think that applies to all animals.
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By sopranosfan
@oldschool said:
" @AndrewB said:
" I would die for that pair....  Actually thinking about getting a kitten. I think two would be best, though. "
We always get pets as a pair.  They grow up together and really bond.  Plus, they are never lonely as they have each other for company.  I think that applies to all animals. "
I agree, we have two cats and it is funny how when the boy cat goes to the vet our female walks around looking for him and you know that is what she is doing.  2 animals is best for them.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake
@oldschool said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" Moggie Mania!  Lovely cats there oldschool. They look like they're going to shed a lot though. "
Yep.  Our first long haired cats.  It was bad enough with the short haired ones, but we have entered a whole new area now.  A friend has a full grown one and that is a lot of fur.  This was our kids choice - so it is their job to keep them bushed.   "
Ha. Bushy cats. Yeah I hear ya there since a friend of mine has a cat that has more hair then the entire family put together. It just gets everywhere. Great fun though when you hold them up to the CRT televisions though. Speaking of which I assume no one has a cat allergy in your family?
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RetroIce4

Morpheus. Radical!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ninjakiller
@oldschool:  Pure Breds?  For shame.  Adopt a lonely little stray from the pound rather than support genetic inbreeding. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldschool
@eroticfishcake said:
" @oldschool said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
Yep.  Our first long haired cats.  It was bad enough with the short haired ones, but we have entered a whole new area now.  A friend has a full grown one and that is a lot of fur.  This was our kids choice - so it is their job to keep them bushed.   "
Ha. Bushy cats. Yeah I hear ya there since a friend of mine has a cat that has more hair then the entire family put together. It just gets everywhere. Great fun though when you hold them up to the CRT televisions though. Speaking of which I assume no one has a cat allergy in your family? "
Aaaaarrggh - typo.  Typos are funny when they are still a real word  ^-^ 

No allergies, lucky for us.  I must do the balloon static electricity trick on them, that could be funny.  Though, thinking about it, we have one of those electricity ball/light things (no idea what they are called, but you put your finger on the glass ball) - that could be good for a laugh when they get close  :/
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldschool
@ninjakiller said:
" @oldschool:  Pure Breds?  For shame.  Adopt a lonely little stray from the pound rather than support genetic inbreeding.  "
When you get a pure breed, you know what you are getting.  It is a shame that animal shelters exist at all, but my taking 2 cats over the next 15 years is not going to make a dent in the problem.  We have had 8 cats in our lives and the first 4 were "moggies" that were saved, but now I want a cat that has a certain look and disposition.  If all animals were desexed and only pure breeds were available for breeding, then we wouldn't have this problem.  All my cats have been desexed and not allowed to roam, to attack wildlife.  I feel no shame.
MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
@AndrewB: getting litter mates is a good idea.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude

To be a pet living in a good home brings much love.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

what cute cats :)   i have two cats myself. skattle (oldest) and skittle ( youngest, about 1 and a half years). the first skittle was actually going to be  Siamese but my mom's boss decided to keep the cat. he was the one who got the cat.  we got another one. 

i actually think that skittle is my old cat in a way, like the old cat soul is in skittle. skeeter died by something.  skittle does things that skeeter does. he will start to bite me when i pet him, he likes to attack skattle, he hates my friend, he gets in trouble like skeeter.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crystalskull2

Those two cats look very cute. I hope they'll be with you for a long time.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Seedofpower

Congrats!

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By erinfizz

L-R: Dupie, Mushroom, Badger,  Boobie
These are my guys...the white ones are Ragdolls. The male is about 15 lbs, female 11. I just spent a good hour earlier shaving their tummies! They are often refered to as fuzzy white bath mats...super lazy, and they just crash out wherever and lay on their backs. It's too much as kittens, but as they get bigger, a rake for grooming is a must. Nice big metal teeth so it kind of yanks their undercoat out. Otherwise, my two are super sweet, and can be heard purring from across the room! Congrats on your new kitties! :)
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By JJWeatherman
@oldschool: Cool cats. My cat Fuji was colored almost exactly the same way when she was a kitten but ended up getting very dark. I posted a random picture of her here in my blog for some reason.      : )
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oldschool
@erinfizz said:
"
These are my guys...the white ones are Ragdolls. The male is about 15 lbs, female 11. I just spent a good hour earlier shaving their tummies! They are often refered to as fuzzy white bath mats...super lazy, and they just crash out wherever and lay on their backs. It's too much as kittens, but as they get bigger, a rake for grooming is a must. Nice big metal teeth so it kind of yanks their undercoat out. Otherwise, my two are super sweet, and can be heard purring from across the room! Congrats on your new kitties! :) "
Dang, that is some big cats you have there.  Must cost a fortune to feed.  Do they sleep on the bed with you, cause you would have to have a King Size bed  :-) 

See how I neatly avoided making an off joke about your post, Are You Being Served style  ^-^
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#30  Edited By strangeling
@oldschool said:
"... Selkie is from Final Fantasy and Morpheus is not The Matrix, rather, the Greek God of sleep and dreams (my youngest is very big on mythology and all stuff fantasy, especially the dark stuff). ..."
I don't know how old your youngest is, but she (is that right?) sounds like someone who'd find Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic series pretty interesting. 
I am sure the new editions to your family will bring you many years of happiness.  Hurray for kitties!
ZombieKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By ZombieKitty

How cute! Everyone loves kittens!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks
@erinfizz:  

Is that breed naturally that large?, how on earth can you afford to feed them all :O
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#33  Edited By AgentJ

I see the resemblence. 
In other news: OMG THEY'RE SO CUTE! I've never seen a cat with tails quite like those however. Very interesting.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tordah

Awesome kittens! I'm jealous.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bombs_Away
@oldschool: You shouldn't be allowed any more pets, not with your track record anyway.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Red12b

Cool man, they look adorable,  
Really like the names, Not that I knew you were good at picking names for things, knowing your Sci-Fi disposition,  
Selkie, is a very good name, you obviously know the mythology behind it,  

Morpheus is a really cool name for an animal, You have given me an Idea for my Future Dog, (Once I get my own place, again...) 

We should talk again sometime dude, it's been awhile,  

Oh well, Hope everything is going allright, 

My love to Debb and the kids eh,  
take care,

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArchScabby

Old School is a pretty cool guy eh has kittens and doesn't afraid of anything.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oldschool

Here is a short video of me playing with them.  Notice that I am too lazy to get up an play properly  ^-^

@AgentJ said:
" In other news: OMG THEY'RE SO CUTE! I've never seen a cat with tails quite like those however. Very interesting. "
They do have very long tails.  I was quite surprised by that when we got them. 
Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Marzy

They're very cute and I love their names.

That video was great, it made me laugh. :)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oldschool
@Marzy said:
" They're very cute and I love their names.  That video was great, it made me laugh. :) "
Good to hear from you Marzy.  I hope you are well and off to a good start to 2010.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crunchUK

Why is he called morpheus? he has hair...

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Red12b
@oldschool: they are very cute dude.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oldschool
@crunchUK said:
" Why is he called morpheus? he has hair... "
Oooh yuk, a hairless cat.  They are just gross  :/
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Fallen189

I burst out laughing at how you just lie there teasing them with a stick.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By regularassmilk

Kats are Kewl! :DDD

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Brunchies

Morpheus......That name is perfect and on a side note, they are so cute!

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By teh_destroyer

The roommate and I had a cat at our last apartment. I would wake up and would start making coffee and it was ready to play. It would pounce on my foot like it was target practice or something, lol.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dbz1995

Awesome video (though slightly cruel)! Now you can teach them to attack various people.