McDonalds overload...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

So I came home today after school with a big mac meal because my mom is sick so I know she doesn't want to make anything or see a mess if I make anything. I walk in the door and my brother is at the table with 3 big mac meals and he already ate one, he had the same excuse as me. Now my mom just came in from the doctors and picked up 3 big mac meals.... I've never seen so much Mcdonalds in my life... has something similar ever happened to you guys? 

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo
@RE_Player92 said:

" So I came home today after school with a big mac meal because my mom is sick so I know she doesn't want to make anything or see a mess if I make anything.  "

I made an arrangement with my mother to cook the meals for our family if she would do the washing up, it's worked pretty well so far. And as for McDonald's, as a vegetarian with an actual interest in food and the art of cooking, I am excluded from this question.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

Similar thing, yes, but my family doesn't like Mcdonalds or BigMacs as much as your family it seems. 

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

Thanks, now I'm hungry for tacos.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

I would not touch that shit with a ten foot pole.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By benpack

Once I was coming home from a birthday trip and I had my friends stop at this local fish and chips place that I love to buy lunch. So we sat there and ate a ton of fried fish and chips, so much so that I swore I would never eat there again. When I made it home my mom took me out to what she told me was a special dinner to yep, you guessed it. The same fish and chips place.

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marcsman said:
" I would not touch that shit with a ten foot pole. "
this
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchScabby
@RobotHamster said:
" Thanks, now I'm hungry for tacos. "
This makes sense.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By luce

I ate a Mcchicken the other day just to remind myself that I hate life

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PS3RG

Hope your mom gets better. Also, that is alot of McD's.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

Well, I saw a shitton of Whoppers in the vaults of the Burger King's castle after I killed his entire lineage in the First Santanic War.

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Burzmali

The closest thing for me is showing up to a party with friends with a couple of pizzas and a case of beer, and seeing that the host had already ordered pizza and another person had already brought the beer. That was unexpected and awesome, though. Your story sounds awful.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By stinky

was a sale one time on big macs, 99cents each. 
ate four of them in a row.  not as coincidental as your story though, but man i was hungry and poor.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PillClinton

your family has very refined tastes. 

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By karatetron

That would actually be pretty gross. I haven't had any McDonalds in years. Oh, and get well soon to your mother!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

awww man that sounds awesome. nothing like eating a big mac with french fries and then take that fast food crap. that is one way to know you are related... you all think the same way.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By grilledcheez

Sounds like you guys need to communicate more

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ltcoljaxson

I obviously don't know the reason why your mom is sick (and hopefully she gets better), but if it's anything to do with diet - McDonalds is a prime reason for getting sick. The amount of sodium and fat in one burger in most cases is enough for the whole day, excluding the fries and drink - so eating multiple burgers is terrible for you.  Most people don't recognize the health risk, as they just eat food to be full. Generally, I just run on the fact that unless a meal is nutritious then there is literally no point in consuming it (occasionally can eat some junk, not often). 

Look up some easy recipes online, things like French Toast (not healthy but not that bad either!) or making omelets - cooking with eggs is simple and you can add so many vegetables and herbs in there to make them great. Usually, it creates minimal dishes as well (as a student at Uni, minimal dishes and healthy eating is the primary concern!). It's not hard to cook, and once you get it down - you'll never even want to touch or eat McDonalds again. You will even gain the mindset where you think, "I don't even understand how people eat that shit, when I can make the same burger at home that tastes way the fuck better and isn't close to as bad!" There is never an excuse not to cook your own food at home, as in most cases it will come out cheaper than McDonalds and be healthy.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By AndyPhifer

Christ.
guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By guthwulf

Sadly this has never happened to me.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hexx462

There is nothing (no hangover or cold) on this planet that makes me feel shitter in such a short amount of time as food from McDonald's. 

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GunnBjorn

Learn how to cook Fried Rice and Pasta dishes. Easy and done in no time at all. Oh, and much healthier and cheaper than Ye ol' MacDaddy's...
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By crusader8463

One time my mom and I went to the drive in for some big 3 movie event when I was a kid, it used to be a summer tradition that we went every Friday during the summer, and we would always go to mc donalds and she would get me a happy meal. However this one time they got the orders mixed up with the car behind us and we got something like 2 big macs, a double, a quarter pounder and one of those Arches they used to sell. Never clued in that they gave us the wrong order. My kid mind exploded when I looked in the bag. Such a fun night.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FourWude

Don't worry with the amount of additives and preservatives pumped into that food, those McDonald meals will keep literally for weeks. You can eat them on successive days knowing they have a half life closer to plutonium than actual "real food".

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By lazyturtle

I hope your house has multiple bathrooms... 

Personally, I gave up McDonalds last year after seeing a bunch of roaches at the ones closest to my work. I realize that bugs get into restaurants, but I don't ever want to see it.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RE_Player1
@LtColJaxson said:

" I obviously don't know the reason why your mom is sick (and hopefully she gets better), but if it's anything to do with diet - McDonalds is a prime reason for getting sick. The amount of sodium and fat in one burger in most cases is enough for the whole day, excluding the fries and drink - so eating multiple burgers is terrible for you.  Most people don't recognize the health risk, as they just eat food to be full. Generally, I just run on the fact that unless a meal is nutritious then there is literally no point in consuming it (occasionally can eat some junk, not often).   Look up some easy recipes online, things like French Toast (not healthy but not that bad either!) or making omelets - cooking with eggs is simple and you can add so many vegetables and herbs in there to make them great. Usually, it creates minimal dishes as well (as a student at Uni, minimal dishes and healthy eating is the primary concern!). It's not hard to cook, and once you get it down - you'll never even want to touch or eat McDonalds again. You will even gain the mindset where you think, "I don't even understand how people eat that shit, when I can make the same burger at home that tastes way the fuck better and isn't close to as bad!" There is never an excuse not to cook your own food at home, as in most cases it will come out cheaper than McDonalds and be healthy. "

This is the first time we've eaten take out food in 6 months. We only get it when there's an emergency or we just can't cook due to low supplies, or in this case someone being sick and wanting an easy fast meal. Don't worry my mom just probably caught a bad cold from school, being with pre schoolers that cough all the time your bound to get sick sometime. Also she did not eat the McDonalds, she's been eating soup, fruits,  and drinking tea for the past couple days. 
Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Burzmali
@LtColJaxson: I agree with everything you said except for the cost part. This isn't true for everything (like big macs), but there is some fast food that you couldn't have any hope of recreating for less than you can buy it from the restaurant. The $1 double-cheeseburger is a prime example. Two hamburger patties, a bun, two slices of cheese, onions, ketchup, mustard, and pickle slices. The pickles, ketchup, and mustard are negligible since odds are you have those anyway and the serving cost comes out to a few pennies (if that). However, american cheese is at least $1 for 8 slices (and that's if you buy generic brand). Ground beef is at least $2.50 per pound. Buns are, at minimum, $1 for 4. Finally, assuming you get a small onion, that will cost you at least $0.50.  

The patties that McDonald's uses for their double-cheeseburgers are 1.6 oz (1/10th pound). So that's $0.50 for the meat, $0.25 for the cheese, and $0.25 for the bun. You're already at $1 without the onion. Since an onion doesn't last long after you cut it up, I'm considering that another $0.50 cost for the burger (obviously cut that down for multiple burgers). So you're already out $1.50 before you add in ketchup, mustard, and pickles, plus the energy and equipment costs to make it. And, you better use the rest of the meat in the next 3 days or you're out the rest of the $2.50. You've got another week or so to use the buns, and 14 days left on the cheese if it isn't individually wrapped. No doubt the homemade burger tastes 100x better, but it definitely isn't cheaper. 

It's a sad reality that food that shortens your life costs more than healthy stuff.
EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By EvilKatarn

I haven't eaten a single god-damn burger in 8 years and I'm not about to start now.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TehFlan

If this happened at my house I would end up eating 6 or 7 of those burgers. I'm feeling kind of sick just thinking about it...

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spudtastic

Not recently, but it sure sounds wonderful!

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alphonzo

This is gonna kill your entire family

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By melcene
@RE_Player92: As a mom, and the person who does pretty much all the cooking and cleaning at home, I think that was nice of you and your brother.  Even if I were sick, my husband and kid would just be like "hey mom you should go get us some McD's so you don't have to cook."
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By SSully

I have McDonalds a few times a year, and its usually on my way home from some kind of event after midnight when everything else is closed.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#34  Edited By citizenkane

That has happened a few times with various fast food restaurants, the best case being a Chik-fil-A overload.  Mmm....so many chicken nuggets....

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#35  Edited By StarvingGamer
@RE_Player92: Never any overload, there's usually very good communication amongst my family when food is being procured.  Also I really really really want a Big Mac now but they're a rip-off.  I can't wait until they do another 2 for 2.22 thing or something similar in my area again.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RE_Player1
@melcene: Yeah we don't make her do everything, she's basically in charge of the cooking 99% of the time, shopping, and cleaning of house and laundry. Me and my brother usually do all the outside stuff and dishes and I bet we could have mustered something up but I got the feeling my mom didn't want to hear us making food and cleaning up so getting take out food is good because you literally just throw everything away. McDonalds is unhealthy, I've watched that Super Size Me documentary 100 times for a school project, so I know it's garbage... but once in a blue moon it's fine... I just didn't think we'd have this much... :P
cherub09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cherub09

I bet you guys had a good laugh! 
I'm sure your this funny situation cheered your mom up :)

@EvilKatarn:
I'm with you. I gave up red and processed meats about a year ago and feel so much better.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ltcoljaxson
@Burzmali said:
" @LtColJaxson: I agree with everything you said except for the cost part. This isn't true for everything (like big macs), but there is some fast food that you couldn't have any hope of recreating for less than you can buy it from the restaurant. The $1 double-cheeseburger is a prime example. Two hamburger patties, a bun, two slices of cheese, onions, ketchup, mustard, and pickle slices. The pickles, ketchup, and mustard are negligible since odds are you have those anyway and the serving cost comes out to a few pennies (if that). However, american cheese is at least $1 for 8 slices (and that's if you buy generic brand). Ground beef is at least $2.50 per pound. Buns are, at minimum, $1 for 4. Finally, assuming you get a small onion, that will cost you at least $0.50.   The patties that McDonald's uses for their double-cheeseburgers are 1.6 oz (1/10th pound). So that's $0.50 for the meat, $0.25 for the cheese, and $0.25 for the bun. You're already at $1 without the onion. Since an onion doesn't last long after you cut it up, I'm considering that another $0.50 cost for the burger (obviously cut that down for multiple burgers). So you're already out $1.50 before you add in ketchup, mustard, and pickles, plus the energy and equipment costs to make it. And, you better use the rest of the meat in the next 3 days or you're out the rest of the $2.50. You've got another week or so to use the buns, and 14 days left on the cheese if it isn't individually wrapped. No doubt the homemade burger tastes 100x better, but it definitely isn't cheaper.  It's a sad reality that food that shortens your life costs more than healthy stuff. "

I wasn't really suggesting a homemade burger as a healthy alternative, it's certainly healthier than McDonalds though. But there is plenty of other healthy dishes you can prepare for a relatively low cost - buying a turkey breast for a bit over a dollar, pepper, onion, mushrooms, spices, sauce - can come out quite cheap especially if you buy packs. You are right though, McDonalds still comes out a bit cheaper - but healthy options are really not that much more.
bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bibledoctor
@guthwulf said:
" Sadly this has never happened to me. "
I don't know if it is "sad" that you haven't ever had an abundance of fast food at your house.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By laserbolts
@Video_Game_King said:
" Well, I saw a shitton of Whoppers in the vaults of the Burger King's castle after I killed his entire lineage in the First Santanic War. "
i enjoyed reading this.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ninjakiller

I fucking love Big Macs.  Now I'm hungry.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gamefreak9
@Gizmo said:
 And as for McDonald's, as a vegetarian with an actual interest in food and the art of cooking, I am excluded from this question. "
I really hope your a chick...  
 p.s. if you had an interest in the art you would give up morals that gave you countless limitations for the sake of the art. So the correct sentence would be, i have an interest in cooking my own food.  
p.p.s. if your excluded from the question... don't answer...  

Moving on... did i read this right? You all had 3 big mac meals???? I guess your overweight... in which case stay away from Mcdonalds... I think i eat Mcdonalds like twice a year... probably because Subway is right next to it in my town :P. Nothing beats chipotle southwest :P. I usually just go in and say, ITALIAN HERBS AND CHEESE, AS MUCh meat and cheese as you can fit, with pretty much everything else that can fit, corn, black olives, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes... just thinking about it turns me on. 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@guthwulf said:
" Sadly this has never happened to me. "
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By Ineedaname

To those saying it's shit, there's nothing wrong with indulging in crap food once in a while. Makes a chance from having to cook.

Also, nopes never happened to me, but you should take all the big macs and combine them. Then pretend your a dwarf who's just walked into a Macdonalds.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By Xeiphyer

Hahaha thats pretty great, I did a similar thing involving picking up 2 pizzas, only to find out my dad also picked up 2 pizzas. Mmmm pizza! 

Luckily pizza tastes good cold, MCD's tastes like shit =/

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By RVonE

Never had that happen. There isn't just one person doing the cooking in our family.
mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mekon

In the few times (4 or 5) that I've eaten a McD in my life (Big Mac/burger, not salads so can't speak for those) I've always felt nauseous for a couple of hours afterward. I prefer Subways, the bread doesn't taste like plastic like it does at McDs. If you haven't seen the film "Supersize Me" then it'll probably be an eyeopener. If you decide to watch it, bear in mind that you can't buy huge buckets of fizzy drinks in that size in the UK. It's just really bad for you.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zajtalan

Give me one?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#49  Edited By Vinchenzo

McDonald's is gross.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By shivermetimbers

What you should do is take all of those big macs and sit on a bench in a crowded area and eat them all. Then giggle at the stares you get.