Men, Are you going to get married? What do you think about marriage today?

• 141 results
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Poll Men, Are you going to get married? What do you think about marriage today? (596 votes)

(9-10) I'm definitely getting married. Marriage is a great thing. 14%
(7-8) I'll probably get married someday. The good definitely outweighs the bad. 19%
(5-6) I'm not sure if I'll get married. If i find someone and the timing is right, it could happen, but it also might not happen. 32%
(3-4) It's pretty unlikely that I'm going to be married. The disadvantages outweigh the benefits. 8%
(1-2) I'm not going to get married. It just doesn't seem to make sense these days. 8%
(0) I would never getting married. Marriage is a very bad deal for men. 6%
I am married and it's going well. 10%
I am married and we have some good time along with some bad times. 1%
I am married and it was a big mistake. 1%
I'm divorced and happy to be back on the market. 0%
I'm divorced and not happy to be looking again. 0%
I would get married, but I'm gay and same sex marriage isn't legal where I live 2%
 • 
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think its a waste of time....

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Well, since I've barely even dated, thinking about marriage is kinda putting the cart before the horse.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CaLe

Only if I can find someone I really like who also has no interest in sex. It's harder than you'd think. I reckon it'll get easier in the 30s-40s though.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

Only if I can find someone I really like who also has no interest in sex. It's harder than you'd think.

That's just kinda weird..

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

@cale said:

Only if I can find someone I really like who also has no interest in sex. It's harder than you'd think.

No shit!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@falserelic said:

@cale said:

No shit!

I know your joking..

Still if a person actually does do that. It kinda defeats the purpose of being in a relationship, might aswell just be friends.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: Why do you have no interest in sex? There are communities of people that only have platonic relationships so it's not too far fetched.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

@falserelic said:

I know your joking..

Believe what you want duder.

@driveuplife: I've gone into it in other threads and it tends to attract unwanted attention. I've answered the question here and I'll try to leave it at that for now.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@falserelic said:

I know your joking..

Believe what you want duder.

What a sec your actually serious? How do you not want to bust a nut inside of a women. Then again its none of my business, forget I asked.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm married and it's great, but you never know the longer it goes boredom sets in and things can go to shit and that's what divorce is for. It beats being single, don't get fooled by all the anti marriage stuff about to be posted, being with someone even if it isn't perfect all the time beats being alone. I'm 26 and married and i think that is too young, i would have liked to wait until 28 but what are you going to do, it felt right.

Being young and single is great, i went through most of high school and most of college single, because i don't really see the point in dating long term that early in life. So i wouldn't rush into anything especially if your in Uni being single is the greatest thing ever!!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'd like to get married but the pickings are pretty slim out there.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm all for getting married when the time is right and with the right person etc, but don't realistically see it happening.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not against marriage but I am scared shitless of it. I've seen divorce completely destroy people before and I don't want to go through that...ever.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I would like to get married someday but right now I gotta figure out my own shit first.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Probably not. I think that marriage can be one of two things:

1. A dreadful bond

2. A happy bond

@cale: I'm guessing that you're an asexual, just like meself?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaLe

@tireyo643: I've never been diagnosed with anything, but if that means I have no interest in sex then sure.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tireyo

@cale said:

@tireyo643: I've never been diagnosed with anything, but if that means I have no interest in sex then sure.

It's not a diagnosis silly. =-P And I've found out that it's best to not really talk about this situation as well, as there are only few people that understand.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

with prostitution and video games all my needs are fulfilled.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the option for "married, but the wife is estranged"?

@cale said:

Only if I can find someone I really like who also has no interest in sex. It's harder than you'd think. I reckon it'll get easier in the 30s-40s though.

But then how do you consummate the marriage?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

1v1 quake match followed by an arm wrestle.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

Where's the option for "married, but the wife is estranged"?

@cale said:

If I'm correct, as it's what I want myself, is that he just wants companionship rather than a marriage.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@tycobb said:

1v1 quake match followed by an arm wrestle.

Aww man. Invite me when you get married. That should all occur at the reception.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't get why some people want to get married, but not want sexual healing.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I'm already married. Have been for almost 80 years.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today actually happens to be my 1st anniversary to my wife!

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to find someone but I can deal on my own

paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am married and my wife is just a loud, grotesque, despicable creature that acts as an obstacle between myself and things I like, such as video games. Divorce will end soon, though.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if i find someone that i really love, and we have been together for a long time like 7+ years and its still great, and she really wants to get married, sure ill do it.
i really dont care about the wedding itself but it has some benefits especially if you also get kids, then it can be a hassle at the hospital if they get sick or injured.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think marriage is great when it works. I'd really like to get married. But it's really hard to find the time to go meet people and date and whatnot. If it happens, great. If not, I've already mentally prepared myself for that possibility.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I am already married and it is going fantastic.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe? I can't say for sure. I've never even had a girlfriend so I'm not even sure if I'll even get that far.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gay and living in Missouri, so no marriage for the foreseeable future. :\

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marriage: the first step to divorce.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just don't see the point in marriage, both legally and emotionally. I understand why some (most) people do it, but I find it sort of stupid.

My opinion on it is more developped than that , but I'm at work and don't feel like typing all this on my phone.

Also, my parents have been together for over 30 years now and have done well without marriage.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Subjugation

If you take your time and play it smart, marriage can be really awesome. Just make sure you really connect with this person and have been around them long enough to see through the whole "honeymoon" facade (see their true personality, not just their best face).

But really, just imagine it like this: Marriage is having your spouse be your best friend, someone you are attracted to and in love with. The ultimate partner through the good and the bad. True companionship.

Then again, marriage isn't necessarily for everyone. If you don't have the desire, don't force it. If you have a personality that doesn't predispose you to being affectionate, being in a relationship probably isn't for you.

I'm taking my time because I've seen too many relationships have major problems because people didn't make sure they were compatible first, but I absolutely intend to get married. If you do it right, the benefit absolutely outweighs any negatives.

It's too sweet. I can't handle it.
It's too sweet. I can't handle it.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Fuck no, forever alone!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Unless it's part of your religious beliefs I just don't see the point to it. If you really love the person why can't you just live together? Why do you have to spend thousands of dollars to have a marriage and spend years paying off that debt? And if it doesn't work out and you are the male the relationship guess what? You get fucked over because the laws are designed to give everything to the women and leave the men destitute.

I have known two different people who have gotten divorced because the wife had an affair and was fucking around on the guy for years before he found out and she still got 3/4 of his money, the house, and he never gets to see his kids. Fuck that system and fuck anyone that defends it.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I've never had a relationship last more than a month or so as nobody's ever been able to put up with me for longer than that. So I suppose it's not really up to me. Still, disregarding that I suppose what I think of marriage is that it's a somewhat outdated institution, but with the right person I'm sure it leads to great happiness and satisfaction in life. But I don't know... I just think a lot of people are not very good at finding the right person.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Down to whoever the question arises with. Some people value that as a commitment and dedication, a way of showing you won't give up so easily on them. Others view it as an archaic and outdated way for men to secure women. Some people just don't give a shit; I count myself among them, hence the "it's up to her"

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I've been dating my best friend for going on 6 years and we both think marriage is kind of a dated system. We've only talked about getting married recently just so buying a house would be easier but I've been saving up to do that on my own anyway. We're not scared we just haven't seen a reason to yet.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Animasta

This poll is sexist as fuck D:

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42  Edited By musubi

Nope. I dont really have any interest in relationships. I've just come to the realization that im such a introvert that I don't think any sort of meaningful romantic relationship would work for me. If a girl is open to the idea of casual sexy time then Im down for that but that is about it. And as long as your forthcoming with your intentions I don't think there is anything wrong with having friends with benefits.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

My missus died a couple years back. It's difficult to meet new people now that I've finished schooling and work on my own in a rural town. Sure, I'd like to get married some day but I don't see it happening soon.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably will when I find the right girl. Gonna be real damn sure of it though.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a nice idea, but I doubt it. I've never met a single woman I thought I could marry. Much less one that also felt that way about me. I enjoy my independence too much. I've seen too many guys have their lives completely dominated by their girlfriends/wives. If I was going to be married, she would have to have her own friends and interests. Being with any single person too much makes me sick of them quickly.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Been living with my lady for 19 years. Might get married someday, just waiting to see if it works out. ;)

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, I think it's cool. Haven't met anyone yet though.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Huey2k2

@animasta said:

Wait, how is this poll sexist?

It's asking men their opinion on marriage. It's not implying anything.

Would you consider a similar poll asking women their opinion on marriage to be sexist?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey2k2 said:

@animasta said:

Would a similar poll asking women their opinion on marriage be sexist?

I think she was joking....

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey2k2 said:

@animasta said:

Would you consider a similar poll asking women their opinion on marriage to be sexist?

well yes if there wasn't an option that said "I'm a man and want to see the answers" or whatever. All I wanted was an option that would allow me to see the poll answers without tainting the sanctity of the poll D: