• 91 results
chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By chmod

These are some really insightful UI changes. Very smart on Microsoft's part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a957513e44
deactivated-5b4a957513e44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Now I can hear 12 year olds yell profanity clearly!

bigstupidface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By bigstupidface

Oh boy! All the updates I never knew I needed plus many many more! Maybe its just me but this doesnt really seem like that much if an update. Being able to see all my 100% games* now? I can only imagine the hard work that went into making this possible!

*i have none yet :(

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Vao

Why so much hate about games on demand. it is a microsoft system so im guessing most of those prices on there are the MSRP that stores are erged to sell the real games at. Look at what Sony sells Digital games for PSP and PS3 doubt their will be much difference. 

I haven't bought any Games though the service but i can see the Pros of a service like this being useful to certain people. I've heard some of this argument in the past few years when people were skeptical about a small program called Steam. Sure steam does the amazing sales but they have to move product unlike Games on demand, which is a small % of sales compared to the hard copies. 

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ChrisTaran

"Sadly, Games on Demand will continue to blow."

Let me fix that:
 " Thankfully, Games on Demand will continue to blow."

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@OldManLight said:
" The fine print says the voice chat is only improved in party chat, it'd be nice if that carries. Over to games. I want to hear every octave of a cracking 12 year olds voice that I can. "

I bet that would LAG like a mother if it was just straight up voice chat. Then those screaming 12 year olds suddenly have the advantage and will abuse it!

Looks like a decent update. Still no friends list increase, and it's mainly focused on Kinect (which, with my 4 feet of space? Meh.)

I take slight offense to his knock against Games On Demand though. Sure, it's a premium, but it's a premium for the game now and no disc switching ever. I've bought nearly a dozen games on the service, and I'm tempted to buy Oblivion just so it's always there, ready to fire up, even though I have the disc.

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SilenceUK
@therepublicanguy said:
"Now I can hear 12 year olds yell profanity clearly! "

if u hate them that much why are they in party chat with u ......read before flaming its the PARTY CHAT codec thats being updated
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

If you hate the keyboard, either get a chatpad (which I find really useful, especially in games like Oblivion where you do a good bit of typing, and it's worth it just for recovering my gamertag as often as I do.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By crusader8463

Unless one of those features is making me not have to pay a monthly fee just to play the games I bought online then I will still not buy the majority of the games that come out for that platform.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By Jackel2072
@therepublicanguy said:
" Now I can hear 12 year olds yell profanity clearly! "
no because one feature i never seen mentioned and its a god send. is the ability to mute all of Xbox Live except for your friends. its been making halo fun again! 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By iam3green

cool, it's cool that they are making a different codec for the voice. there are just problems with the voice sometimes. it is also have to do with the crappy mic.

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman

Interesting updates. Most excited about improved voice chat. Still no achievement based rewards. Shame.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TorMasturba

I think the most important improvement, next to the kinect stuff (for which I'm not excited.), in this update is that voice chat thing. 

I get so pissed off when I'm having a good laugh with some friends and the private chat or party just randomly shuts down for no reason, and also can't seem to reconnect even though my internet connection is a really good 50MB fibre-optics internet. 

I especially like(not) how it tells me that I DISCONNECTED FROM MY XBOX LIVE PARTY. 

NO! YOU DISCONNECTED ME WITH YOUR SHITE CODEC LAZINESS! Lol. 

I'm not crazy by the way. :-)

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By wrighteous86

Wait, I don't get it.  Does Nicholson basically just read other sites and reword their stories to put on Giant Bomb, or what?  And he gets paid for that?

JerseyDriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JerseyDriver

Dude, why haven't they added a way to save network settings? I travel with my Xbox to everyone's house, I hate having to put in the network information each time! Just save it on the hard drive or something. Bleh!

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MaddProdigy

Wow it only took YEARS. For the biggest software publisher on earth, Microsoft fucking SUCKS at making software. And have you seen their Xbox website? There's no hope that will ever get improved, it's too far gone.

radioactivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By radioactivez0r

So if I don't have any 100% completions, can I instead get a panel that comments on how lazy I am and that I never finish anything?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#68  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't much like the new wireless connection method. It doesn't give you enough options and seems really dumbed down. Maybe there's a way to get the full set of options back, but I haven't been able to do that yet.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

One thing I really hate is how they've reduced the number of box covers available on screen at a time when looking at Netflix or Games on Demand or whatever. Also for some reason they still have that fucking nonadjustable grayness covering the bottom half of the the wallpaper... except this time it's a gradient instead of a hard edge. Also needs native 1080p dashboard support.

Other than that it's nice and smooth.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By HellBrendy

It looks great and what not, but why the hell is Quixk Launch removed from the main page? That really blows for me.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hockeymask27

NETFLIX FOR CANADA. That is all.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DrPockets000

I'm pretty excited for this, especially the new UI and voice improvement.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

To summarise for all of you non-Americans with no interest in Kinect. 

• Improved audio quality for mics.

That's it.  Enjoy.
SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SleepyDoughnut
@bhhawks78 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Metal_Mills said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @bhhawks78 said:
" @RenegadeSaint said:
" @natetodamax said:
" Sadly, Games on Demand will continue to blow.    Huh? What's bad about Games on Demand? "
Yeah, I don't get this comment either.  I believe it does exactly what it advertises.  Maybe he's commenting on the selection?  I really don't know. "
Um every game is literally 2-3 times more than what you would pay (not counting idiots who pay msrp for some insane reason). "
True, the prices are kinda crazy, but that seems like unnecessary bias to me. "
 It's not bias at all. If it's downloadable and costs way more than in store then it sucks. Simple. "
Notice how the caption says "Games on Demand will continue to blow", not "The prices for Games on Demand will continue to blow". "
Cry me a fanboy river, the prices are insane, so the service is either god awful or unusable.  "blows" is kind at best. "
They're not all overpriced. I've never played Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and the $19.99 they're charging is cheaper than anywhere I can find on the internet for a new copy, and comparable to the prices you would find in actual stores.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

"" Sadly, Games on Demand will continue to blow.""

um no...Games on demand is great there are a good amount of games on there and they keep increasing the number.
and least to say MSRP is 19.99 on alot of the games on games on demand...which seems to me as a fair price.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Branthog

So, nothing I could possibly give a fuck about. At least they're not adding yet more cluttering social bullshit.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By napalm
@Branthog said:
" So, nothing I could possibly give a fuck about. At least they're not adding yet more cluttering social bullshit. "
Yeah, I agree with this a bit. Most of the changes are minuscule tech things that nobody really cares about. They should condense the entire fucking start up dashboard. There's too much clutter, and I HATE the sliding panels layout. It makes it impossible to fucking keep track of what the fuck you're look at and just... I don't know. I just don't like it.
Bobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Bobinator

awesome, always good when they make simple changes that make life a hell of alot easier

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#80  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Good to hear that they're giving the 360 OS something more than a mild overhaul.

broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By broqz

still can't fastforward through a song in the music player eh?

Avatar image for jollygreenranger
jollygreenranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jollygreenranger

I know im in the minority probably but I'm looking forward to the new avatar redisign

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By WickedCobra03

I still hate hte new dashboard.  Please go back to the blades without all the crappy ads and avatars (which I still do not use).

ratzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ratzombie

I would love it if Microsoft brought back the ability to list DLC by games that have been played on the console before. I miss that feature from the old dashboard.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By dvorak
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" "" Sadly, Games on Demand will continue to blow.""  um no...Games on demand is great there are a good amount of games on there and they keep increasing the number. and least to say MSRP is 19.99 on alot of the games on games on demand...which seems to me as a fair price. "
Yeah there's tons of great stuff on GOD.
billysea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#86  Edited By billysea

I can't find a single thing useful in this year's lame update.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, some of those updates will be nice, like signing out other people, but overall I was expecting more awesomeness.

vic_ramen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By vic_ramen

new audio codec sounds awesome, wonder how much better it will be? ventrilo quality perhaps? either way any improvement is good, party chat is ass

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By McBradders
@DaStuph said:
" @McBradders said:
" I think the GoD issue is more about the available choice and shitty pricing model. "
Agreed. Pricing model is the biggest drawback for me. For that matter who the hell actually buys ANYTHING from Zune Video Marketplace? I love the idea/selection of the Zune Marketplace but christ on a crutch those prices are nuts. Pass... "
I have rented movies from Zune... it's okay. Mostly. ¬_¬;

Awkward.
Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90  Edited By Lev

Unimpressed.

How about for once in the Xbox 360's lifetime, Microsoft adds an update that makes the clumsy, cumbersome menu system FAST AND RESPONSIVE?!

We've been waiting for this for ages now, and they never even comment on it like it isn't an issue, and most gamers don't even discuss it anymore because we're so used to it always being that way.

Wouldn't it be nice to hit the Xbox button on your controller and the menu to instantly be there, and not leave you enduring multiple-second waits on everything you do in that blasted menu?! 

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@WilliamRLBaker said:
" "" Sadly, Games on Demand will continue to blow.""  um no...Games on demand is great there are a good amount of games on there and they keep increasing the number. and least to say MSRP is 19.99 on alot of the games on games on demand...which seems to me as a fair price. "
How is it fair to pay 25% higher price for digital download when you can walk to the shop and get actual disc with manual cheaper?
sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#92  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Nothing in that list gets me hot and heavy.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By RichardLOlson

Sounds interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@charlie_victor_bravo said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
How is it fair to pay 25% higher price for digital download when you can walk to the shop and get actual disc with manual cheaper? "
Probably the convenience of not spending time and effort walking to the shop.