• 80 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Let's face it, as a child we either got called names or called names, or even both. But as a young child it's like whatever, kids are kids right? Even in secondary school it continues but instead of Poo Face we get called many more adult things. But growing up none of the people I saw ever called an adult a name, or if so very very rarely. I used to get called names a lot, but since being an adult all I really get is a bunch of 14 year old girls come up and ask me "Are you gay, if so my friend fancies you!" They would the giggle and run off.

But tonight I was on my way home when I was called a Pedo by a bunch of 15 year old hoodlums hanging around a street corner, as a kid I would ignore it, but as an adult I don't know how to deal with it. I would look bad if I went up and punched one, or even proved there point if I were to talk to them. But as an adult is me ignoring it just making them feel good about it?

How do you deal with being called names as an adult?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By JCTango

Either stare at them intensely without saying a word or blinking, or just ignore them... no use wasting your breath on idiots.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By psylah

In the great U.S. of A. we sue.

Psychological stress, slander, defamation and the like.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Coafi

Just brush them off, those kids are not worth it. They are probably expecting you to react like that, and when you don't they'll give up. Those kids are idiots.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DarthOrange

Tell them "I'll show you a pedo!" then reach for their junk. That will make them think twice before name calling.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

Pull out your dick and look them directly in the eye.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JCTango

@DarthOrange: lol damn. xD

Evikull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evikull

15 year olds? Best to stay away, they probably all have knives and guns.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kgb0515

Go all Harry Brown on their degenerate asses! Anybody else see that movie? I was disturbed for a while, but Michael Caine still rocks.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jams

you say, "Thanks for the offer, but I prefer women."

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#11  Edited By Kidavenger

Maybe look at why people are saying these things to you, it isn't normal people to say things like that to strangers regardless of age.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By laserbolts

Are you a pedo? If not then don't worry about it and forget about it. If you are then that's fucked up dude.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

It's pretty common where I live to be insulted by teenagers. It really is just something you have to ignore and get away from as quickly as possible. Punching a kid is just going to get you into more trouble than it's worth. Teenagers are total fuckers around here, they spit, insult and throw shit all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you by chance shop here?

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jjnen

Punch them in the dick.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Petiew

You should probably wear clothes instead of running around naked al the time, may reduce the name calling somewhat.

Unrelated note, there are now sponsored links underneath the first post in every topic. Looks goddamn awful.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By fattony12000
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ravenlight
  • Become manager of local fast-food establishment.
  • Hire said shitty teenagers.
  • Never promote them.
  • BURGERS FOREVER, MOTHERFUCKERS!
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

@Ravenlight said:

• Become manager of local fast-food establishment.
  • Hire said shitty teenagers.
  • Never promote them.
  • BURGERS FOREVER, MOTHERFUCKERS!

My favourite plan so far.

At the time I was wearing red shorts, a purple hoody and a bike helmet.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DukesT3

Damn.. if they were adults I'd say just walk up and push them and begin to start beating their ass. Once you shit talk as an adult, your willing to fight, don't want to fight? Then don't talk shit to a stranger but since these are teenagers... maybe fuck their sister? I dunno dude =(

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By pyromagnestir

@CL60 said:

Well I see my work here was done for me. Moving on then.

I can't remember the last time I was called a name by someone actually trying to bother me. Might've been one night (midnight-ish) when I was driving home from work, and a group of younger kids pulled up beside me and started yelling insults at me. At the time I stared incredulously at them until they drove off. Then I thought "Well that was odd," and drove home.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MideonNViscera

Well the obvious answer would be to molest each and every one of them. Seriously though, that's a weird thing to happen to someone. I want to ask why they'd think you were a pedo, but they probably didn't anyway. I do wonder why they chose that particular insult though.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ravenlight

@Hizang said:

At the time I was wearing red shorts, a purple hoody and a bike helmet.

Maybe switch up the bike helmet for a motocross helmet with a skull painted on it. Kids think that's cool, right?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By ajamafalous
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hizang said:

Let's face it, as a child we either got called names or called names, or even both. But as a young child it's like whatever, kids are kids right?

@Hizang said:

They would the giggle and run off.

Also, WHAT?

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JackOhara

@CL60 said:

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By subject2change

You are an "adult" concerned about name calling. I think you might want to re-evaluate your life.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By geirr

@CL60 said:

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Hizang said:

Let's face it, as a child we either got called names or called names, or even both. But as a young child it's like whatever, kids are kids right? Even in secondary school it continues but instead of Poo Face we get called many more adult things. But growing up none of the people I saw ever called an adult a name, or if so very very rarely. I used to get called names a lot, but since being an adult all I really get is a bunch of 14 year old girls come up and ask me "Are you gay, if so my friend fancies you!" They would the giggle and run off.

But tonight I was on my way home when I was called a Pedo by a bunch of 15 year old hoodlums hanging around a street corner, as a kid I would ignore it, but as an adult I don't know how to deal with it. I would look bad if I went up and punched one, or even proved there point if I were to talk to them. But as an adult is me ignoring it just making them feel good about it?

How do you deal with being called names as an adult?

Ignore it maybe? Who cares what they think. 
Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Hizang said:

as a kid I would ignore it, but as an adult I don't know how to deal with it

Wait...

Isn't that totally opposite of how it should be?

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LikeaSsur

I don't think I've ever been called a name since adulthood. I would probably just ignore it and keep walking/moving away from them. All they want is attention, and giving them none reduces the chances of them doing it to someone else.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I have never really had confrontations like that with little kids (as an adult... so far), but if it were to happen I would just flip them off and stick my tongue out at them... It's all about class people.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ozzdog12

@JCTango said:

Either stare at them intensely without saying a word or blinking, or just ignore them... no use wasting your breath on idiots.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sploder

Fuck their mums and become their stepdad.

AND THEN molest them

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By CatsAkimbo

Just curious, but what would you all do in a similar situation of a homeless/possibly mentally ill person following you in a city and saying shit about you? I've had this happen after I told someone I didn't have money on me.

I ended up saying nothing and entered the nearest building I could find, which luckily had a guard, and the homeless person didn't follow me in.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By ProfessorEss

@Jams said:

you say, "Thanks for the offer, but I prefer women."

Well met sir.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Justin258

You do the same thing you did as a kid - ignore it.

@CatsAkimbo said:

Just curious, but what would you all do in a similar situation of a homeless/possibly mentally ill person following you in a city and saying shit about you? I've had this happen after I told someone I didn't have money on me.

Call the police.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By living4theday258

@CL60 said:

Best suggestion yet!

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bennyboy

What I really hate is when you approach a crosswalk and the kids just stand there on purpose knowing that you have to stop and you can't do anything about it. i feel absolutely defeated when this happens.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I had the same problem before except some kids called me a fag. Its a hard thing to do because you can't really fight them or anything that would give you satisfaction.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@bennyboy said:

What I really hate is when you approach a crosswalk and the kids just stand there on purpose knowing that you have to stop and you can't do anything about it. i feel absolutely defeated when this happens.

Ugh. Some kids were doing this at a crosswalk near me -- a crosswalk that recently had a lot more signs and lights put on it after someone I knew was killed in a hit and run at that very crosswalk. I wanted to pull over and yell at them so badly, but they were only like 10. Fucking kids.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BraveToaster

Many of the outrageous claims that hoodlums make are illegitimate, so don't waste you time contesting them. They should spend their time doing other things, rather than investing precious moments to be a cunt.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@CatsAkimbo said:

I ended up saying nothing and entered the nearest building I could find, which luckily had a guard, and the homeless person didn't follow me in.

Not too long ago I was harassed by a homeless dude who pulled out a knife on me while I was waiting for my bus to come after work. I ignored him because he was shouting jibberish and he eventually went away. I seriously thought I was going to get stabbed though... I had 911 on speed dial.

christobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By christobin

Did they look dangerous? If not you should return that corner in a trenchcoat and stare at them from across the street. Follow them home and make sure they notice you. Sit across the street from their house for a long time. Grin when they stare at you. Don't do anything, just freak them out.

Or ignore them.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mikethekilla

Why do you care about what hoodlums think?

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By izzygraze

I generally just ignore them or give them a look that says "really?". Most of the time it's people in their cars yelling shit out their windows.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By iam3green

lol that is just horrible. welt brush it off, if it's a adult then get up in their face.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By arkasai

I have no problem yelling at rude people. It's somewhat of a recent development of mine where in the last five years or so I've felt no inhibitions as far as putting assholes in their place. I recently moved to an apartment near a major intersection that always gets blocked by cross traffic, so people sometimes lean on their horn waiting for cars to clear the intersection (this is a new development, people never used the horn when I was a kid.) I can hear this from my apartment and it's extremely annoying, so now wherever I'm crossing the street at this intersection and someone does this, I walk right up to their window and yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP" at their face. I've done this twice, and guess what? It's been two months since I've heard someone lean on their horn.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bennyboy

@CatsAkimbo said:

@bennyboy said:

Ugh. Some kids were doing this at a crosswalk near me -- a crosswalk that recently had a lot more signs and lights put on it after someone I knew was killed in a hit and run at that very crosswalk. I wanted to pull over and yell at them so badly, but they were only like 10. Fucking kids.

I'm really sorry to hear that man. I can relate as I also just lost a friend in a drunk and drive hit-and-run. These kids need to get the shit beaten out of them by their parents or something. Hopefully I'm not opening up a whole new can of worms by saying that...

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@LooseChange said:

Damn.. if they were adults I'd say just walk up and push them and begin to start beating their ass.

And you assume the OP is Rambo why?