New Facebook Terms of Use?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

What do you guys think of the new facbook terms of use that give facebook the right to all your pictures, status updates and wall posts even after you delete your account?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wolverine said:
"What do you guys think of the new facbook terms of use that give facebook the right to all your pictures, status updates and wall posts even after you delete your account?"
I'm fine with it, personally, because I can discern the difference between things that ought to be posted for all eyes on the innerwebs to see and things that ought not be posted for all eyes on the innerwevbs to see. 

I can, however, understand the ire this might stir. 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum

Giving me another reason not to make a facebook account? Sounds good to me!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

I'm probably giving them ownership of pictures of me that I don't even want posted on the site to begin with. Do you think that makes me happy?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Wolverine said:
"What do you guys think of the new facbook terms of use that give facebook the right to all your pictures, status updates and wall posts even after you delete your account?"
I'm fine with it, personally, because I can discern the difference between things that ought to be posted for all eyes on the innerwebs to see and things that ought not be posted for all eyes on the innerwevbs to see.  I can, however, understand the ire this might stir.  "
I agree with you but the problem with this is you can't control the pictures other people post.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolverine

Also how about artistic pictures. I don't want to give facebook the right to pictures that are worth money yet I want to share them with my friends.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Alexander

Where are you getting this from? The proposed update to the terms were scrapped as a result of people not being happy with them and they are currently being redrafted with a great deal of input from Facebook users.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine
Alexander said:
"Where are you getting this from? The proposed update to the terms were scrapped as a result of people not being happy with them and they are currently being redrafted with a great deal of input from Facebook users."
Can you link to that because I never heard that.
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TheGamerGeek

no