Nightmares

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

Why does everyone have such a negative outlook on nightmares? I understand that not everyone is into being scared, but for the horror junkie (like myself), these are like personal and vivid horror movies.  

Thoughts?

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GunnBjorn

What makes a nightmare a nightmare in the first place? 
Personally, i consider a bad dream when in my dream i'm in a helpless situation and there's nothing i can do to save myself (or others) from whatever grave danger i am/we are in. 
It doesn't have to involve horrendous monsters and/or murderous villains to be a scary dream.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

I had night terrors continuously for a long while when I was a lad. Thus I have come to fear sleep and all things that come with it. I sleep on the floor without a pillow or a blanket, and three lamps on.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pinkshley1
@DanielJW said:
" I had night terrors continuously for a long while when I was a lad. Thus I have come to fear sleep and all things that come with it. I sleep on the floor without a pillow or a blanket, and three lamps on. "
:D
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

I haven't had a nightmare in a long time.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Black_Raven

For me it depends on the kind of nightmare, like if I wake up from a dream where my family was tortured and killed in front of me I would just be relieved that it wasn't real, but if it involved some kinda monster then I'll wake up thinking it was an awesome dream.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I hate nightmares because of this guy:

No Caption Provided
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By artofwar420

Just woke up and didn't really have a nightmare, it was more like an awesome dream. I was riding all over the city and the suburbs with a tiny micro motorcycle, it was red. Maybe my recent watching of Planet Terror had something to do with that dream.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
@JJOR64 said:
" I hate nightmares because of this guy:

No Caption Provided
"
God I was scarred shitless of him when I was a kid.
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sushbag
Hey OP, try out the one where a gang of hoodlums is breaking into your house and the bullets don't fit in your gun, that one is awesome. Man what a rush! Waking up with your heart pounding in fear because you thought you were about to die is great, I love it!
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By buzz_clik

I'm the same. I can't remember the last time I had a dream where I was scared. Zombie dreams rule.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Psyx2

Normally I like nightmares - they're the only dreams I usually remember. Sure I wake up horrified because I thought I was dead or something, but later on I just look back and consider this a good time.

Especially when you're at a young age and there's no real danger, but you think there's a monster in your room. I always flipped out when there was a power outage or something and would refuse to sleep in my room by myself, thinking something would jump out of my closet and eat me. I miss those days. Being scared is fun.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax

I hate them because I don't particularly enjoy getting mauled by zombies and other monsters every night.

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dopeman

wow. i haven't had a nightmare in so long.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Gmanall

I think you would have to describe a nightmare as something that scares you then no one likes them. If you like horror then your many dreams of zombies and demons are not a nightmare but if you get scared of little kids on bikes and you have a dream about that then you have a nightmare.  

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

My nightmares usually involve me about to die or everyone around me dying, obviously a nightmare. Anything that I wake up uncomfortably confused I can deem a nightmare. Regardless, dreams with substance are inherently better than dreams without substance, like OH SWEET I GOT SOME MONEY I CAN BUY WHATEVER I WANT. Those make me more upset than anything because I wake up and have no money or anything that I bought in my dream.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bruce

@lordofultima: 

But in all honesty, would you really like to wake up and see millions of dollars in cash, all around your room, in a bloody mess, with no idea how any of it got there?

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By teptom
@JJOR64 said:
" I hate nightmares because of this guy:

No Caption Provided
"
Great....There's no way I'm sleeping tonight now.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Because when you are watching a horror movie or playing a horror game someone else is the one who's going to get ganked. When you're in a nightmare YOU are the one who's going to die.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By TheHBK

I get nightmares about something happening to my car all the time.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MeierTheRed

I would say that i never dream, but some say you dream no matter what, so then i guess i just don´t recall my dreams. I haven´t had a nightmare since my mid teen years. Which featured being chased by cannibals. 

But since then i have had no nightmare i can remember, nor have i had any pleasant dreams i can remember, quite weird.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox

I consider true nightmares the ones where you wake up and things aren't better. Such as when I dream my father is suddenly alive again and I get to hug him and have a chance to warn him he's going to die, so we had better spend time together.

To those that can't remember their dreams, try taking melatonin before bed. When I do, not only do I remember my dreams, but I often realize I'm dreaming then become lucid.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KillaMaStA

I dont have nightmares. atleast that I can remember.

My dreams are really weird though. They rarely have a theme, their filled with random shit that I cant make any sense of most of the time.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By breadfan
@natetodamax said:
I hate them because I don't particularly enjoy getting mauled by zombies and other monsters every night.
Whenever I have the occasional zombie apocalypse dream I think it's pretty awesome.  For example in one dream I can remember I discovered that Samuel L. Jackson's character from Unbreakable was secretly controlling the zombies to take over the world
Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cadmus
@Akeldama:
When you can't differentiate between a dream and a nightmare, then I think there is a problem.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I used to have nightmares a lot but now I hardly even dream anymore. Well, I do dream, but I don't remember any of my dreams.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gargantuan

I only have nightmares about dentists. :(