Official 2013 NFL Discussion Thread: Giant Bomb Style

streetninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Fucking Dolphins. I knew the first half was too good to be true. I knew our offensive line's lack of talent would bite us in the ass, but the few early wins in the season got my hopes up, damn it.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@breadfan said:
No Caption Provided

He is risen.

Awesome...
Go Pats!!

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

THANK YOU BASED MATTHEW STAFFORD

FUCK THE COWBOYS

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Yay Lions keeping Giants season alive

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#155  Edited By shinboy630

THANK YOU BASED MATTHEW STAFFORD

FUCK THE COWBOYS

I don't even care what happens the rest of the day at this point!

atlfalconsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Falcons suck again... Yay!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#157  Edited By ThePickle

Well let's see:

Cowboys win.

Redskins win.

Eagles winning.

Alas, we are repaying for last week's spoils.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

What the fuck are the Seahawks doing?

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

What the fuck are the Seahawks doing?

Winning is what they did! But fuck, giving up twenty-one points in one quarter to the Bucs?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Playing someone with both Tom Brady and Andre Johnson on their fantasy team makes me want to fucking die.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By SeanCoughing

@milkman: yea man the guy I'm playing this week had Andre Johnson, didn't see that coming.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THREE IN A ROW

THE UNSTOPPABLE NEW YORK GIANTS CONTINUE TO ROLL.

WHERE THEIR REIGN OF TERROR WILL STOP, NO ONE KNOWS.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ThePickle

3rd and long? DRAW PLAY FUCKING BRILLIANT SHIT GILBRIDE.

Why does Tom Coughlin have to have such shitty friends?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Watching the Redzone channel, crazy game in Philly against the Lions the snow is coming down hard. Scenes like this makes me remember why I like this sport so damn much, probably inches of snow on the field? Fuck it, lets play anyway!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jacdg said:
No Caption Provided

Watching the Redzone channel, crazy game in Philly against the Lions the snow is coming down hard. Scenes like this makes me remember why I like this sport so damn much, probably inches of snow on the field? Fuck it, lets play anyway!

indeed.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdg said:
No Caption Provided

Amazing.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is insane when you first start watching but, it gets boring because offences can't do anything.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poonz said:

This game is insane when you first start watching but, it gets boring because offences can't do anything.

That's the most hilarious part about it. Deep passing becomes nigh impossible, so it becomes a game of running around in blinding snow for sixty minutes.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@poonz said:

That's the most hilarious part about it. Deep passing becomes nigh impossible, so it becomes a game of running around in blinding snow for sixty minutes.

Lions have fumbled 6 times already...can they go double digits

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, that Ravens - Vikings game, was the 4 lead changed in the final 2-3 minutes?!?

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot believe they called pass interference on that play in the Pats Browns game, is it just me or have the refs been really bad this past few of weeks?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#173  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@dasacant2 said:

I cannot believe they called pass interference on that play in the Pats Browns game, is it just me or have the refs been really bad this past few of weeks?

They have been awful today. Watching the Colts and Bengals game and they called Green-Ellis down by contact on a 4th and 1 when he got tripped up in the backfield and then went back and reversed it. With a lot of these reviews, it seriously has become whatever I think, watching the call, it turns out the opposite.

Made a TD difference in the game when it was getting close.

AP tweeted complaining about the refs already in his game so prepare for a fine.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasacant2 said:

They have been awful today. Watching the Colts and Bengals game and they called Green-Ellis down by contact on a 4th and 1 when he got tripped up in the backfield and then went back and reversed it. With a lot of these reviews, it seriously has become whatever I think, watching the call, it turns out the opposite.

Made a TD difference in the game when it was getting close..

Yeah this is so weird like it's some kind of coordinated effort among the refs to make the replacements from last year feel better. I know their human and are going to make mistakes but between what happened in last weeks redskins game and what happened today in the pats game they screwing up pretty significantly when it matters.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#175 MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't normally watch much American football (being British and all that. I like to watch the superb owl but that's about it) but the Detroit Philadelphia game came on in the pub, and it was fucking nuts. Two point conversions, 4th down touchdowns, all in like 4 inches of snow. It was crazy.

I still don't get why he didn't go for a touchdown at the end. They would have been three touchdowns ahead at that point, with no chance of the opposition getting those back. Why run down the clock? It seems pretty douchey to do that rather than go for the touchdown and make for a more exciting game for the fans who have sat out in a fucking blizzard watching the game.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mattyftm said:

(being British and all that. I like to watch the superb owl but that's about it)

Loading Video...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm: because they're going for the win.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm: You would be surprised what a team can do in a couple of minutes. This season, there were games where the Eagles ahead 24 points and the team were able to make up that amount of points. There was one game where they the Eagles didn't try run down the clock and the other almost got a tie despite fact that the score board was 24-0.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@i_stay_puft: But they were going to win anyway. Going for the touchdown would have prolonged the game slightly, but they'd be three touchdowns ahead with about a minute to go. It's impossible to lose from that situation. Even if Detroit scored a touchdown quickly, Philly would regain possession and could run down the clock then. Unless there is some weird rule that my poor knowledge of American Football has failed to grasp.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

@i_stay_puft: But they were going to win anyway. Going for the touchdown would have prolonged the game slightly, but they'd be three touchdowns ahead with about a minute to go. It's impossible to lose from that situation. Even if Detroit scored a touchdown quickly, Philly would regain possession and could run down the clock then. Unless there is some weird rule that my poor knowledge of American Football has failed to grasp.

It is pretty much impossible to lose from that situation, but you should know that you can try an onside kick, basically where you try and recover the ball instead of kicking it off to the other team after a score. New England won today with an onside kick.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

As Dasacant2 said, onside kicks are always a possibility. It's easier and safer to simply try to let the clock run down, even if you are ahead by a couple of touchdowns.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

When the Chiefs went up 31-0 over my Skins, I just shut the TV off and watched a tourney stream of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma on my laptop instead. I think I made the right choice.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 MattyFTM  Moderator

@hailinel: @dasacant2: I forgot about onside kicks, but it's so unlikely for them to get three touchdowns in a minute that they should have gone for it. It's probably just me being far too British about an American game, though.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giants are on the verge of getting blown out again so my attention has shifted fully to fantasy football. It's the first week of playoffs and it's been a pretty up and down week for my team so far.

Downs:

• Reggie Bush getting scratched literal minutes before the game started really screwed me up.
  • I benched the Chiefs D after a combined -7 points the last 3 weeks and they ended up with 27.
  • Getting robbed of a last second Antonio Brown TD by a toe. A fucking toe out of bounds.

Ups:

• LeSean McCoy is an absolute beast.
  • LeSean McCoy is such a beast that it pretty much negates all the bad for my team.
Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Dasacant2

@dochaus said:

When the Chiefs went up 31-0 over my Skins, I just shut the TV off and watched a tourney stream of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma on my laptop instead. I think I made the right choice.

You defiantly did I don't think shanahan will have a job come tomorrow, though the problems with the skins run much deeper than him.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mattyftm said:

@hailinel: @dasacant2: I forgot about onside kicks, but it's so unlikely for them to get three touchdowns in a minute that they should have gone for it. It's probably just me being far too British about an American game, though.

Its also sportsmanship man. You don't do that especially when you have the wins at hand, like all sports their are unwritten rules to the game and why risk unnecessary injuries to your players. You'd probably see that in college football (running up the score) cause the dumbass BCS scoring system factors in points scored and allowed on opponents. Thank god that's going away next year.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@dochaus said:

You defiantly did I don't think shanahan will have a job come tomorrow, though the problems with the skins run much deeper than him.

It seems like the three heads (shanahan, snyder and RGIII) are the problems of that team. In all seriousness if Redskins ever gave Kirk Cousins a legitimate chance that guy can win you ball games.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, kind of hard for the Hawks to win when Harbaugh cries to the refs after every play. Such a bitch made coach.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Dasacant2

@dasacant2 said:

@dochaus said:

It seems like the three heads (shanahan, snyder and RGIII) are the problems of that team. In all seriousness if Redskins ever gave Kirk Cousins a legitimate chance that guy can win you ball games.

Yeah they don't have much to lose sitting RGIII at this point. I think RGIII will get better over time but right now his passing is terrible, I really think his running made up for a lot in his first year and maybe being out of the spotlight will do him some good. Got to say the rams got a really good deal they should have a good daft position from that trade.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Dasacant2

Man I was watching NFL network and it was really weird to hear Dion Sanders make excusses for the refs in the colts-bengels and pats-browns games. He actually said on the PI call "hes touching his back"

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, kind of hard for the Hawks to win when Harbaugh cries to the refs after every play. Such a bitch made coach.

Not gonna say shit the Niners played a good game, but yeah Harbaugh's a winer.

Man I was watching NFL network and it was really weird to hear Dion Sanders make excusses for the refs in the colts-bengels and pats-browns games. He actually said on the PI call "hes touching his back"

I feel bad for the refs cause they are put in a tough situation cause every call they make is literally a judgement call. Oh player looks like he got hit on the head lets pull a flag. I would not wanna be a ref right now cause right at the moment leadership as put "???" on what is considered legal and what isn't. If Goddell doesn't know wtf he's talking about how do you think it'll trickle down to the league?

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand screwing up calls, they are human and they're being told to judge in seconds what we get to judge after the fact with slow mo and a ton of angles. However recently bad calls have just been insane. There is absolutely no excuse for the TD call in the bengals-colts game, it was under review he had all day and while I can kind of understand how a ref in the moment might think something is PI when it isn't, it didn't even seem close in the pats game. I do have sympathy for them when it comes to unnecessary roughness though, as you said if the league can't get it's story straight we can't expect the refs to be able to be consistent.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just showing up in this thread to rep for 49ERS CREW WHOOOOOOO

Theoretically they can get home field advantage if they win every remaining game and the Seahawks completely tank but hahahahahaah we're still looking at a 5 or 6 seed for sure.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm: A couple things would happen if Brent Celek scored that TD. It would be considered bad sportsmanship to run up the score like that. Celek would get blasted by the media for playing selfishly for his own stats and not for the team to win. The Eagles had the win in the bag. It would be easiest to just take the knee and end it. Also reduces injury risk. Especially in those kinds of conditions.

Here's PFM doing the same thing:

Loading Video...

Even though the chances of Oakland coming back to win it were slim, there's still a chance. If Indy can maintain possession to the final minutes they guarantee victory. It goes back to the saying "any given Sunday." Anything can happen. Anyone can be beat. So it's best to just end it when you have the chance to. Look up the Detroit/Dallas game from this year if you want an example of what can happen in under 2 minutes.

Now back to the Eagles/Lions: I had flashbacks to the '01 AFC Divisional. Both games leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. And as a Philadelphia resident I have to deal with snow and cockly Eagles fans and I'm not happy about either.

Also, the Giants still suck. The plan from now own should be bench Eli to see if Nassib has anything, tank for picks, fire Gilbride, and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl in 2014.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@deadmoscow: If Kaepernick were just that much better. Just that... much... we'd be home free.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

JAY CUTLER sucks, end of story.

Jay Cutler is one of those guys a defense loves cause you can read him instantly. On every play he eyes one player and that's Brandon Marshall. It's probably frustrating for Bears fans considering that Cutler now has more weapons then in previous years and he still goes to his main man. Marshall is a great player but he should be used in decoys ala' Mike Wallace in Miami and help the other players get open.

The Redskins are either trying to prove that Kirk Cousins is a legit QB to trade for or Kirk Cousins is a legit QB to convince Redskins to trade RGIII. Kirk Cousins is having a pretty decent game today.

Matt Ryan, oh boy Falcons fans have fun with that 100 million dollar QB contract.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha Tony Romo always brings a smile to my face this time a year. What a joke Tony "choke" Romo.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Hailinel

Seahawks win, Dallas loses, New England loses... Christmas is coming early this year.