• 80 results
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Commando

For those of you outside the US or who don't follow American college football, Auburn releases a Bald Eagle named Spirit or a Golden Eagle named Nova to circle the stadium before every home game in front of nearly 90,000 fans. It's really an amazing spectacle, and one of them even flew at the opening ceremony of the 2002 olympic games

Last week when they hosted Mississippi State, Spirit had his first accident in history. He crashed into the plexi-glass of a luxury press box. The bald eagle was unharmed and continued his flight after the crash, landing on the 50 yard line like always.

Here's the video:

Spirit was found in the wild with a damaged beak and damaged wing. Auburn's Raptor center helped him recover, but the beak was damaged too much for him to be rereleased into the wild. Auburn uses these injured raptors to raise awareness on conservation of animals.

Well after over a decade of flights, PETA has now gotten involved and wants them to stop, saying it's cruel.

This is the same group of people that euthanizes hordes of animals every year without even attempting to find them a home...

I'm a long time Auburn fan and graduate. So this pissed me off.

I have just 3 words for PETA: Chicken, Fried, Steak.

/endrant

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Commando

For those of you outside the US or who don't follow American college football, Auburn releases a Bald Eagle named Spirit or a Golden Eagle named Nova to circle the stadium before every home game in front of nearly 90,000 fans. It's really an amazing spectacle, and one of them even flew at the opening ceremony of the 2002 olympic games

Last week when they hosted Mississippi State, Spirit had his first accident in history. He crashed into the plexi-glass of a luxury press box. The bald eagle was unharmed and continued his flight after the crash, landing on the 50 yard line like always.

Here's the video:

Spirit was found in the wild with a damaged beak and damaged wing. Auburn's Raptor center helped him recover, but the beak was damaged too much for him to be rereleased into the wild. Auburn uses these injured raptors to raise awareness on conservation of animals.

Well after over a decade of flights, PETA has now gotten involved and wants them to stop, saying it's cruel.

This is the same group of people that euthanizes hordes of animals every year without even attempting to find them a home...

I'm a long time Auburn fan and graduate. So this pissed me off.

I have just 3 words for PETA: Chicken, Fried, Steak.

/endrant

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

Yeah, PETA is pretty fucked up.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IBurningStar

How many PETA members does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, because PETA can't change anything.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I'm a vegetarian and PETA is fucked up.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Meowshi

Eating dead flesh is not sexy.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meowshi

I'm kidding of course. It's incredibly sexy.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By louiedog

Ignoring any arguments being made here, elsewhere, or in the past about PETA there is something that I need to say. "PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" is extremely old, lazy, and stupid. Seriously, can't people please try and think up a new joke? It's like year 8 of Bush's presidency when people were still calling him Shrub. You have a brain, use it. Put a little bit of effort into your mockery please.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bybeach

PETA has traditionally done a poor job of advancing it's message. I don't know why, maybe movie stars are involved.

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By countinhallways

I have never seen that before, but goddamn that was incredible. The atmosphere in the stadium looked amazing.

LetsRockBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LetsRockBaby

Pfft. Fuck PETA.

Eatin' dat meat erry day.

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Random88

That looked cool and it's good that the bird isn't injured. PETA can get to Fuck.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@louiedog said:

Ignoring any arguments being made here, elsewhere, or in the past about PETA there is something that I need to say. "PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" is extremely old, lazy, and stupid. Seriously, can't people please try and think up a new joke? It's like year 8 of Bush's presidency when people were still calling him Shrub. You have a brain, use it. Put a little bit of effort into your mockery please.

I've never, ever heard anybody call Bush 'Shrub'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck PETA

No Caption Provided
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Mr_Skeleton said:

I'm a vegetarian 

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By amir90

Watch the penn and teller show of PETA, mind BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWING.

Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gumby

@amir90: Watched not too long ago! Kinda crazy that they compare the holocaust to the way livestock is handled...Well, it's really crazy. And offensive.

Though feeding a chicken chicken (:D) is pretty fucked up too...

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shinigami420

MAN American football is so fucking dumb

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinigami420: MAN, you're a fucking troll

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Commando

@shinigami420 said:

MAN American football is so fucking dumb

I'm sure there's a lot of people here who think association football is dumb too.

Some people enjoy full-contact sports that require strength, strategy, and constant attention to making adjustments - like American Football.

Other people enjoy non-contact sports that require stamina, coordination, and athleticism - like Association Football.

There's no point in insulting people who don't like the same sports as you do. It's just opinion.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By dtat

They use a real bald eagle? like the insanely endangered ones? Hmm maybe they should use a different bird.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Commando

@Dtat said:

They use a real bald eagle? like the insanely endangered ones? Hmm maybe they should use a different bird.

There's two birds. Nova(Golden Eagle) is the official War Eagle VII. He was born in Auburn's Raptor Center.

Spirit(Bald Eagle) was found injured in the wild. He had an injured beak and wing. He recovered, but his beak was so badly damaged that rereleasing him into the wild would likely result in his death, since he won't be able to defend himself or hunt as efficiently.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By hinderk

@Dtat: Bald eagles are not currently endangered.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oatz

Peta loves animals but not humans. That is why they are a group that should never, ever be taken seriously.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Commando

@oatz said:

Peta loves animals but not humans. That is why they are a group that should never, ever be taken seriously.

Agreed. They funded the firebombings of the Michigan State animal research lab.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Skald

If an eagle breaks his beak naturally, should he be retired from nature?

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By matthias2437

Fuck Peta.

Go Football.

The End.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Atomasist said:

@Dtat said:

The bald eagle isn't endangered. Link.

True. My hometown in Washington state is literally swarming with bald eagles. If they're 'insanely endangered', someone forgot to tell them.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uniform

That's awesome. There's something special about pride in your school and cheering on your NCAA team. I love the grand scale of it all. It's something I never got to experience, and I truly wish I did. I also love that one school that has a dog that retrieves the tee after kickoff.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Commando
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Ravenousrattler

fuck peta

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@TheVeteran13

@shinigami420: MAN, you're a fucking troll

Agreed. I've never seen an intelligent comment with his name on it.
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By amir90

@Gumby said:

@amir90: Watched not too long ago! Kinda crazy that they compare the holocaust to the way livestock is handled...Well, it's really crazy. And offensive.

Though feeding a chicken chicken (:D) is pretty fucked up too...

Penn and Teller is are epic.

The only thing they have ever been corrected, to my knowledge, is 2nd hand smoking (which they admitted, which shows they are humble :))

American footbal is okey, I guess rubgy is tougher :o

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Bruce

@Commando:

Ouch.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mikethekilla

I wonder what PETA thinks of Epic Meal Time.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I am all for treating animals well, but the way PETA goes about achieving that is fucked up. And they need to realize eating meat is healthy and natural, and millions of human lives have been saved from animal research.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RsistncE

Is it just me, or did someone else find something oddly strange about a stadium full of people cheering on a flapping bird? I don't know, something about that seemed off...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead

PETA are a bunch of people who support something I generally believe in but do it in such a shitty, mind boggling way that I don't really want them to succeed. I'd rather give my time and money to the RSPCA or something like that.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@HandsomeDead this exactly.
KarmaPoliceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KarmaPoliceman

@HandsomeDead said:

PETA are a bunch of people who support something I generally believe in but do it in such a shitty, mind boggling way that I don't really want them to succeed. I'd rather give my time and money to the RSPCA or something like that.

Pretty much my opinion on both PETA and Greenpeace...

However I don't really think what they are doing here is extreme. They saw a bald eagle do something that could leave it rather badly injured and raised some concerns. That's kinda their job, and as long as they don't go and smuggle the eagle out of their then they are entitled to that opinion.

Now you also seem to be claiming PETA doesn't care about animals because, and I quote. "This is the same group of people that euthanizes hordes of animals every year without even attempting to find them a home... Read thisThere is a lot of reasons to dislike PETA, like you know, the firebombing... but that isn't one of them.

To be honest the eagle as a mascot seems kind of lame and unnecessary anyway.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#43  Edited By bibamatt

I'm vegetarian but don't agree with most of what PETA do. Fuck them. SAYING THAT, this bird mascot is fucking stupid. Okay, so it can't be released into the wild because it's disabled. So force it to fly around a huge stadium for 90,000 terrifying, noisy humans every game? Thats not a natural thing for an eagle to do. It's fucked up. While I don't like PETA, good on them for calling shit like this out. There's plenty of ways to be symbolic and get people enthused without taking advantage of animals.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By time allen

there are legitimate causes of animal cruelty out there that are straight up disgusting, but fuck peta. i'm gonna eat bacon and it's gonna be delicious.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Meowshi

@bibamatt said:

I'm vegetarian but don't agree with most of what PETA do. Fuck them. SAYING THAT, this bird mascot is fucking stupid. Okay, so it can't be released into the wild because it's disabled. So force it to fly around a huge stadium for 90,000 terrifying, noisy humans every game? Thats not a natural thing for an eagle to do. It's fucked up. While I don't like PETA, good on them for calling shit like this out. There's plenty of ways to be symbolic and get people enthused without taking advantage of animals.

If it's not actually bothered by it, who cares if it's not "natural". What isn't "natural" is us helping it in the first place.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

#46  Edited By MikeinSC

@KarmaPoliceman said:

@HandsomeDead said:

Pretty much my opinion on both PETA and Greenpeace...

However I don't really think what they are doing here is extreme. They saw a bald eagle do something that could leave it rather badly injured and raised some concerns. That's kinda their job, and as long as they don't go and smuggle the eagle out of their then they are entitled to that opinion.

Now you also seem to be claiming PETA doesn't care about animals because, and I quote. "This is the same group of people that euthanizes hordes of animals every year without even attempting to find them a home... Read thisThere is a lot of reasons to dislike PETA, like you know, the firebombing... but that isn't one of them.

To be honest the eagle as a mascot seems kind of lame and unnecessary anyway.

They euthanize several times more animals than they save. Sorry, don't buy that they are all deformed or horribly injured. Doubt it's even half.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is one cool bird, glad he didn't get hurt.

Also, PETA can fuck off. They suck.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

I'm a vegetarian

I am not vegetarian because I love animals, I am vegetarian because I hate them.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By dbz1995
@Mr_Skeleton: As in the taste of them, or something else?
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@dbz1995: Taste but I always find it funny when people think that meat disgusts me, I am quite apathetic to killing animals for food.