PLEASE READ! - Why Bomb Squad was locked!

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By DualReaver
Shawn said:
"Lies said:
"Okay, long counter post coming up because GB's quote system is too wonky for me to break it down point by point.
This isn't a personal problem we have with the mods, it's a problem with an action taken that allows a LESSER number of people to enjoy themselves than previously, directly contrary to your statement that you want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Obviously there is a sizeable group of people that enjoy Bomb Squad. Around 20 people can be counted as regulars or semi-regulars at last count, excluding Karmum who we have exiled. 20 ACTIVE members is quite a large number when you think about it. We enjoy our thread yes, but our thread doesn't pevent other people from enjoying other parts of Giantbomb. Bomb Squad can easily co-exist with the other threads on this great website.

People who want to discuss any specific topic are still free to create those, and likely tons of people will post there. It's not like they're gonna be like: "BOMBSQUAD?!?! I REFUSE TO USE THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE IT HAS A CHAT THREAD!". No; people who like chat threads will participate, people who don't will pass over it.

And no, you are flat out WRONG about topics like BS only attracting people like scul or IC9. We have 20 active, participating members who do not spam and are valued members of the community here. We have two (three if ou count the recently banned Cartman) famous spammers who frequented that thread. 3... against 20...

3...                                                                                      20...

Hmmm... It seems pretty clear to me which group is attracted to the thread more. Trolls just hit BS because it is the most active topic, not because they only troll chat threads. BS actively discourages and reports trolls and spammers, we do not encourage that sort of behavior, despite popular belief to the contrary. Lock BS they'll troll elsewhere, and you'll have 20 unhappy BS regulars on your hands. No one wins in that situation.

Keep BS, we contain any trolls that come to BS, we have our chat thread, everyone else can use the rest of the forum for whatever they want to talk about.
"
Good post, that about sums it up for the night."
Brilliant post.
And lol at Karmum part.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Shocker said:
"Black_Rose said:
"The trolls will continue to come, wether the thread is big or not. I've heard many times "if you don't pay attention they'll go awayr" and that's 100% not true, they keep bugging and flaming. Killing BS doesn't help to get rid of trolls, in fact is a point for them, this is what they wanted you've played their game and sadly they won this time"
If anything it'll make them troll more, because they found out that they are winning."
Seriously if a mod here ever tell me not to feed the trolls I will spit in their face because they have feed every troll that has ever posted on giant bomb.

On a side note, I do not see the mods swallowing their pride and reopening the topic, I have seen shit like this happen many times before, and the result is always the same.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum we all have seen you agree with every moderators decision every time in any topic or problem that come to fruition."
Provide links to every single issue, because I don't believe WAYLT should have been dropped, they could replace it with an actual discussion topic about music."
Oh yeah i'll get right on that..... Let me sift through your 5000 post
Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I don't get the point of closing down BS.  All it's doing is really releasing the trolling to come in forms of its own threads.  The fact of the matter is, the pointless topics and spam wasn't getting out of control because of BS.  BS was its own distinct thread and area.  Closing down BS will do nothing to stop what's happening to OT, right now.  All it's done is caused an outrage from people in the community. 

These idiots posting threads for random shit is stupid, yes.  But you're not fixing it.  You're just closing a thread.  A troll isn't just staying in one topic, it's going to migrate to making its own topics.  You're making the situation is worse is all that you're doing.

I didn't really use the WAYLT Thread, but it's getting quite stupid that you're locking things just because there's no discussion value in it.  I get that you want discussion value, but many OTs on the internet have pointless threads like those, yet still thrive.  We need to keep this place alive and not constrain it. 

It was abundant in fun and other such cool stuff for the first month, but now things have progressively gotten worse, and all the mods seem to be doing are worsening the situation.  We can get things to be how they were again.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum we all have seen you agree with every moderators decision every time in any topic or problem that come to fruition."
Provide links to every single issue, because I don't believe WAYLT should have been dropped, they could replace it with an actual discussion topic about music."
Oh yeah i'll get right on that..... Let me sift through your 5000 post"
It shouldn't be hard, you seem so intent on trying to make me look terrible to everyone.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By mike
Karmum said:
There is nothing stopping you from discussing music in OT, it's just not going to be stickied.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
It shouldn't be hard, you seem so intent on trying to make me look terrible to everyone."
We think that on our own thank you very much.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Karmum
MB said:
"Karmum said:
There is nothing stopping you from discussing music in OT, it's just not going to be stickied."
I guess that is true, but my point I was trying to say is, I'm not agreeing with everything you guys do.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Shocker
Pleasureizmine said:
"Shocker said:
"Black_Rose said:
"The trolls will continue to come, wether the thread is big or not. I've heard many times "if you don't pay attention they'll go awayr" and that's 100% not true, they keep bugging and flaming. Killing BS doesn't help to get rid of trolls, in fact is a point for them, this is what they wanted you've played their game and sadly they won this time"
If anything it'll make them troll more, because they found out that they are winning."
Seriously if a mod here ever tell me not to feed the trolls I will spit in their face because they have feed every troll that has ever posted on giant bomb.

On a side note, I do not see the mods swallowing their pride and reopening the topic, I have seen shit like this happen many times before, and the result is always the same.
"
Yep, exactly.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
It shouldn't be hard, you seem so intent on trying to make me look terrible to everyone."
I remember when you freaked out after I completed the octa long cat demand I be banned was owned by MB then 30 seconds later apologized and agreed with MB.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"MB said:
"Karmum said:
There is nothing stopping you from discussing music in OT, it's just not going to be stickied."
I guess that is true, but my point I was trying to say is, I'm not agreeing with everything you guys do."
Lies!! You agree with everything.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Pleasureizmine
MB said:
"Karmum said:
MB do you honestly believe that this is the best move for giant bomb?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
I remember when you freaked out after I completed the octa long cat demand I be banned was owned by MB then 30 seconds later apologized and agreed with MB."
It actually was not "30 seconds later", I apologized because I was acting like a prick, then said I still did not agree with everything you did.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DualReaver
Shocker said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Shocker said:
"Black_Rose said:

"
Yep, exactly."
Yeah I was starting to think that exact same thing.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By brukaoru

First off, I just want to say I think it's unfair that we are "exiling" Karmum. I also see where the mods are coming from. We really have to look at the situation from both sides of the coin, so to speak. I think some of us are over-reacting... You guys need to step back and take a breather. The only way to talk about this intelligently and openly with the mods is to calm down and bring up valuable points, flaming the mods is NOT going to help that.

They are right in saying that Off-Topic has gotten really ridiculous lately, especially with all these "rate the above users blah blah" threads. I understand why the WAYLT thread was closed, that offered no discussion, as I've said before. However, Bomb Squad did have discussions going on, and sometimes they were really good. Aside from the hellos, goodbyes and so on, there were good posts in there. A lot of us don't care about our post count, we just want to have a good discussion going on with other people.

I think there is evidence to show that just because a thread is closed does not stop trolls from invading the forums. Today was a really awful day filled with trolls, and they just happened to have targeted the Bomb Squad thread too. I think the mods felt that they needed to stop the thread for now.

This is not over yet, like I said, some of us need to step back and take a breather. If we can discuss this openly with the mods and bring up an intelligent discussion, maybe they will make a new Bomb Squad thread for us.

/End rant. Preparing for tomatoes in 3... 2... 1...

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#116  Edited By pyromaniac
DarthMaul said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
We think that on our own thank you very much."
ROFL...nice one.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Clean

Man I just wanna say something random but I can't! This is Mods abusing their powers. : (

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DarthMaul
The only way to talk about this intelligently and openly with the mods is to calm down and bring up valuable points

Maybe you missed the whole topic >.> Plenty of points have been brought up.
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like there's some sect in GB's OT...

GiantBombers vs. The Bomb Squad

Bomb Squad, UNITE!

Seriously, though, this is getting stupid.  Re-open the thread.  It's not hurting anyone.  If anything, it's hurting the thread, but at least it's kept within the thread, and not everywhere.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Pleasureizmine

BOMB SQUADERS we must revert from our flames and remain semi calm

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By DarthMaul
pyromaniac said:
"DarthMaul said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
We think that on our own thank you very much."
ROFL...nice one."
Thanks.

Clean said:
"Man I just wanna say something random but I can't! This is Mods abusing their powers. : ("
I was going to say that earlier, but thought I might get banned for it lolol
<.<
>.>
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#122  Edited By Hamz

Closing of Bomb Squad was not solely because of trolling, it was mainly down to spam. Call it discussion if you will but having a topic of 4000 posts where people say "hey guys im drinking some coffee!" and a mass of replies are all similar too "coffee owns", "hey", "ye i like cofffee" etc is just spam. It can be done in a blog, PM, IRC or some form of instant messaging service.

Off Topic is for non games related discussion but neither is it for general chatroom stuff such as "hey guys how is everyone, i just got back from eating dinner". You all have an IRC channel that you use, do it in there. Not to mention that the BS topic was frequented by a small number of users and we took the utilitarian decision to close it for the greater good of the community. We had recieved a lot of complains about the topic from people and the main issue was it had nothing but spam in it and pointless discussion that could be had elsewhere.

And Pleasureizmine you really have no right to shout and complain about Bomb Squad being locked. You're one of the biggest contributors to the spamming in those topics and apart of the reason they got closed.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By brukaoru
DarthMaul said:
"The only way to talk about this intelligently and openly with the mods is to calm down and bring up valuable points

Maybe you missed the whole topic >.> Plenty of points have been brought up."
Yes, but it's also been filled with "I HATE THIS! RAWR RAWR RAWR"

Their not really going to take us seriously with posts like that, no offense.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By pyromaniac
dreDREb13 said:
"Seriously, though, this is getting stupid.  Re-open the thread.  It's not hurting anyone.  If anything, it's hurting the thread, but at least it's kept within the thread, and not everywhere."
Mods are not gone do that cause it will hurt their pride/ego...you know what they say power corrupts absolutely, in this case it is a group of mods who seems to have just gotten bored and decided to instigate controversy.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#125  Edited By Lies

Hamz said:

"Closing of Bomb Squad was not solely because of trolling, it was mainly down to spam. Call it discussion if you will but having a topic of 4000 posts where people say "hey guys im drinking some coffee!" and a mass of replies are all similar too "coffee owns", "hey", "ye i like cofffee" etc is just spam. It can be done in a blog, PM, IRC or some form of instant messaging service.

Off Topic is for non games related discussion but neither is it for general chatroom stuff such as "hey guys how is everyone, i just got back from eating dinner". You all have an IRC channel that you use, do it in there. Not to mention that the BS topic was frequented by a small number of users and we took the utilitarian decision to close it for the greater good of the community. We had recieved a lot of complains about the topic from people and the main issue was it had nothing but spam in it and pointless discussion that could be had elsewhere.

And Pleasureizmine you really have no right to shout and complain about Bomb Squad being locked. You're one of the biggest contributors to the spamming in those topics and apart of the reason they got closed."
Please read ALL of the thread before posting. Thank you.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DarthMaul
Closing of Bomb Squad was not solely because of trolling, it was mainly down to spam. Call it discussion if you will but having a topic of 4000 posts where people say "hey guys im drinking some coffee!" and a mass of replies are all similar too "coffee owns", "hey", "ye i like cofffee" etc is just spam.

EVERY time, EVERY time ... you bring up this.
That is not what the BS topics were like. Sure that went on every now and then, but 90% of the topic was actual discussion not just "Hey," "Yo." and "I'm eating corn," "Awesome."
You guys are just looking bad by saying we can't chat with each other. So what if a little spam goes on, it isn't hurting anyone at all, just the mods who feel it's bad. It's discussion! on the OT forum!!!!
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Hamz said:
"Closing of Bomb Squad was not solely because of trolling, it was mainly down to spam. Call it discussion if you will but having a topic of 4000 posts where people say "hey guys im drinking some coffee!" and a mass of replies are all similar too "coffee owns", "hey", "ye i like cofffee" etc is just spam. It can be done in a blog, PM, IRC or some form of instant messaging service.

And Pleasureizmine you really have no right to shout and complain about Bomb Squad being locked. You're one of the biggest contributors to the spamming in those topics and apart of the reason they got closed."
I spammed once in like 2 weeks and who gives a shit it lasted 2 minutes was rated positively for some odd reason. Secondly we as a community would like to see these said complaints, are they more numerous then what you are recieving now from the community? Lastly, the bomb squad topics are made for what?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Karmum
DarthMaul said:
"Closing of Bomb Squad was not solely because of trolling, it was mainly down to spam. Call it discussion if you will but having a topic of 4000 posts where people say "hey guys im drinking some coffee!" and a mass of replies are all similar too "coffee owns", "hey", "ye i like cofffee" etc is just spam.

That is not what the BS topics were like. Sure that went on every now and then, but 90% of the topic was actual discussion not just "Hey," "Yo." and "I'm eating corn," "Awesome."
You guys are just looking bad by saying we can't chat with each other. So what if a little spam goes on, it isn't hurting anyone at all, just the mods who feel it's bad. It's discussion! on the OT forum!!!!"
This is coming from somebody who has been here for like 2-3 days? You were not here in the previous BS/RC topics.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By DualReaver
Hamz said:

So what if there was some spam?
It's only one topic where we could all go and make small talk, who in the hell was it hurting?
It wasn't even cluttering the forums, if anything it was reducing the amount of clutter in the OT.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Lies said:
Hamz said:

Please read ALL of the thread before posting. Thank you."
Agreed, its obvious you haven't frequented the thread.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By pyromaniac
Hamz said:

Its Ironic how a month ago you guys said that you really didn't care about that...
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"DarthMaul said:
"Closing of Bomb Squad was not solely because of trolling, it was mainly down to spam. Call it discussion if you will but having a topic of 4000 posts where people say "hey guys im drinking some coffee!" and a mass of replies are all similar too "coffee owns", "hey", "ye i like cofffee" etc is just spam.

You guys are just looking bad by saying we can't chat with each other. So what if a little spam goes on, it isn't hurting anyone at all, just the mods who feel it's bad. It's discussion! on the OT forum!!!!"
This is coming from somebody who has been here for like 3-4 days? You were not here in the previous BS/RC topics."
Oh, you feel cool by saying that don't you?
I know what goes on on forums and I was informed of what the previous topics were like. I know there was actual "discussion" going on, but v3 had discussion too, just with some spam. So what?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Karmum
pyromaniac said:
"Hamz said:

Its Ironic how a month ago you guys said that you really didn't care about that..."
About the spam? Maybe they didn't expect it to be this tedious, or common.
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who was the idiot that made that damn IRC for mods to use it as leverage?

Speak now, for we shall stone you.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Hamz said:

Its Ironic how a month ago you guys said that you really didn't care about that..."
About the spam? Maybe they didn't expect it to be this tedious, or common."
It's not tedious at all. It's a fucking OT forum. It blends in.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#136  Edited By Black_Rose
brukaoru said:
"First off, I just want to say I think it's unfair that we are "exiling" Karmum. I also see where the mods are coming from. We really have to look at the situation from both sides of the coin, so to speak. I think some of us are over-reacting... You guys need to step back and take a breather. The only way to talk about this intelligently and openly with the mods is to calm down and bring up valuable points, flaming the mods is NOT going to help that.

They are right in saying that Off-Topic has gotten really ridiculous lately, especially with all these "rate the above users blah blah" threads. I understand why the WAYLT thread was closed, that offered no discussion, as I've said before. However, Bomb Squad did have discussions going on, and sometimes they were really good. Aside from the hellos, goodbyes and so on, there were good posts in there. A lot of us don't care about our post count, we just want to have a good discussion going on with other people.

I think there is evidence to show that just because a thread is closed does not stop trolls from invading the forums. Today was a really awful day filled with trolls, and they just happened to have targeted the Bomb Squad thread too. I think the mods felt that they needed to stop the thread for now.

This is not over yet, like I said, some of us need to step back and take a breather. If we can discuss this openly with the mods and bring up an intelligent discussion, maybe they will make a new Bomb Squad thread for us.

/End rant. Preparing for tomatoes in 3... 2... 1..."
Yeah, but then again besides shawn's thread most of the "rate the above__________" threads were not started by BS regulars and the trolls are still here even if BS was locked.

I still think it's unfair for the people who actually have discussion. Of course the amount of bullshit overwhelms (sp?) the actual discussion, but a few rules could've been added. Forbid things like hello, goodnight, i'm going to bed, or others like that for example. It wouldn't bother me if i don't have to say hello everytime i get here.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Clean

This is Madness. THIS IS OFF-TOPIC!

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Pleasureizmine
DarthMaul said:
"Karmum said:
"DarthMaul said:

This is coming from somebody who has been here for like 3-4 days? You were not here in the previous BS/RC topics."
Oh, you feel cool by saying that don't you?
I know what goes on on forums and I was informed of what the previous topics were like. I know there was actual "discussion" going on, but v3 had discussion too, just with some spam. So what?"
How do you know he wasn;t here for the old thread? He could of just made a account lately and frequented the forums before
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By pyromaniac
dreDREb13 said:
"Who was the idiot that made that damn IRC for mods to use it as leverage?

Speak now, for we shall stone you."
ha, I am still trying to figure how to get onto that Fucking place...thanks a lot people!!!
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Karmum

The thing is guys, you are being digged deeper and deeper, with every statement you make. I doubt when they first made this announcement, much was going to change their minds, but it is pretty clear with all this backlash, their is no chance what-so-ever it will be revived in any shape or form.

But who am I kidding? I'm an exile who is brain-washed by the moderators.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Shocker
Hamz said:

I don't like coffee... Anyways what's the big deal about those discussions? Sure some of the discussions were pointless, but a lot of the discussions in there were pretty damn interesting and I had fun contributing to them. And I found most of Casey's post pretty funny.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"The thing is guys, you are being digged deeper and deeper, with every statement you make. I doubt when they first made this announcement, much was going to change their minds, but it is pretty clear with all this backlash, their is no chance what-so-ever it will be revived in any shape or form.

But who am I kidding? I'm an exile who is brain-washed by the moderators."
Yup.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Clean
pyromaniac said:
"dreDREb13 said:
"Who was the idiot that made that damn IRC for mods to use it as leverage?

Speak now, for we shall stone you."
ha, I am still trying to figure how to get onto that Fucking place...thanks a lot people!!!"
yea screw that. Its weird and confusing. Its like sending me a pit of mimes.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Karmum said:
"The thing is guys, you are being digged deeper and deeper, with every statement you make. I doubt when they first made this announcement, much was going to change their minds, but it is pretty clear with all this backlash, their is no chance what-so-ever it will be revived in any shape or form.

No need to state the obvious
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By brukaoru

@Black_Rose :
Exactly what I think. Forgo the hellos, goodbyes, etc. and I think it would be better.

Edit: If Karmum is exiled, then I should be too, because I can see the mod's side as well.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Shocker said:
"Hamz said:

I don't like coffee... Anyways what's the big deal about those discussions? Sure some of the discussions were pointless, but a lot of the discussions in there were pretty damn interesting and I had fun contributing to them. And I found most of Casey's post pretty funny."
thank you :D
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By pyromaniac
Karmum said:

Its really ironic that you are sooo for this closure cause, correct me if I am wrong but you spent a shit load of time there...much more than any of us
Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Hulk
Hamz said:

Hamz makes good points in this post. 
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By pyromaniac
brukaoru said:
"@Black_Rose :
Exactly what I think. Forgo the hellos, goodbyes, etc. and I think it would be better.

Edit: If Karmum is exiled, then I should be too, because I can see the mod's side as well."
well you didn't get 3000 posts from it unlike someone else
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Pleasureizmine
brukaoru said:
"@Black_Rose :

Edit: If Karmum is exiled, then I should be too, because I can see the mod's side as well."
Thats not the only reason he was exiled, but do you think it will stop the trolls from coming back?