Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#251  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Jay444111 said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Jay444111 said:

Oh, another thing... now I am not a homophobe or anything, but think about 2000 years ago when their still wasn't that many people around, they kinda HAD to populate as much as possible in order to get as many humans out there as possible, Being gay though makes that impossible so I think there is resentment over that...

I could be UNBELIEVABLY wrong but it does make sense. I mean, hell, back then a freaking sliver can kill a man so going at it like bunny rabbits and producing as many children as possible and not encouraging homosexual stuff kinda makes sense. Nowadays it doesn't and with how we are able to live compared to back then. I don't see the need for these now insane traditions which only seek to hate people for any little thing about them. Who cares if it two dudes or two girls? WHO CARES? Let them be happy together then!

The Ancient Greeks, the Ancient Romans, the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Chinese, Japanese and Indians all had famous/legendary homosexual characters in their cultures. Homosexuality is part of our history. You are, as always, unbelievably wrong.

oh... sorry then! No need to be a jerk about this whole thing. Your almost as bad as Alexwood sometimes.

Maybe stop making wild offensive claims which have no basis in reality. How about that eh? That would be nice.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#252  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

This is news? I thought everyone knew this by now..

Can't say I agree with him.

*Queue hoard of angry college students wailing about equality*

homophobe

It's not wailing about equality. It's people being denied the same rights as others. Animasta hit the nail on the head here.

Disagreeing with homosexual marriage is definitely homophobia.

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

It's not homophobia, but it is stupid.

And I'll give my life defending people's right to be stupid!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#253  Edited By jakob187

...and the election starts when again?

I mean, if a state just passed an amendment saying "no gay marriage"...and I were up for re-election...and I saw all those votes out there...

It's a strategy, folks. I'd like to think that it's not, but it is.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#254  Edited By TruthTellah

People should note that in a lovely detail left out of most coverage of his comments, the ABC News report added:

"The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states deciding the issue on their own."

-

In other words, same-sex couples should be able to marry, but, as President, he does not plan on taking any action toward that end.

Though, hey, he does still get to appear as a champion for gay rights in this election. So... yay?

Avatar image for lord_eddard_snark
lord_eddard_snark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I don't know if you realize this but Obama is a politician. And politicians need votes in order to win what is called an "election". And one of these so-called "elections" is coming up. Do you see what I am getting at here?

Yep, nothing gets past this guy!

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#257  Edited By Lnin0
Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#258  Edited By Bigheart711

Actually, I had a feeling that he would announce that. n_n Besides, Obama did mention that he supports the LBGT communities years ago.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By beej

@MattyFTM said:

@AlexW00d said:

@CitizenKane said:

the most powerful person in the world

lol

Who is more powerful, then?

The Pope? IDK, I'm not sure how you'd rate power in this context, but I'd guess the pope has a shot.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Barrock

@beej said:

@MattyFTM said:

@AlexW00d said:

@CitizenKane said:

lol

The Pope? IDK, I'm not sure how you'd rate power in this context, but I'd guess the pope has a shot.

Pope doesn't have the codes to the nukes. ;)

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Karl_Boss

@S0ndor said:

It would be naive to think that the people who consider his stance on gay marriage to be a deal-breaker, would have voted for him in the first place.

Not really, some voters only look for a few things in a candidate and focus on a few topics.....so I could see this being a deal-breaker for some who would have voted for him otherwise especially since it goes against certain religious beliefs....and for people whose faith is important to them, they might not want someone who goes against there beliefs....so even if they liked him as a candidate before, they may feel betrayed and switch there vote....its a touchy subject, one that can swing votes, but I don't think it will effect the overall outcome of the election....but that's just what I think, we'll see what happens.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Barrock

Add Still_I_Cry to the list.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#263  Edited By spiceninja

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

It's not wailing about equality. It's people being denied the same rights as others. Animasta hit the nail on the head here.

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Incredibly stupid. What people do behind closed doors is no ones business but their own. I find it very selfish of people to sit back with their families and kids and deny someone who has a different sexuality than their own the opportunity to have the same because they find it "icky" or whatever. It's not like you're getting married to someone of the same sex and it will have no bearing on your life whatsoever. And these people who think that it will lead to legalizing incest or bestiality are extremely stupid.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By spartanlolz92

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Incredibly stupid. What people do behind closed doors is no ones business but their own. I find it very selfish of people to sit back with their families and kids and deny someone who has a different sexuality than their own the opportunity to have the same because they find it "icky" or whatever. It's not like you're getting married to someone of the same sex and it will have no bearing on your life whatsoever. And these people who think that it will lead to legalizing incest or bestiality are extremely stupid.

well the arguments that homesexuality is natural is kinda dumb because then you can opne up the door for pedophiles aswell

they can claim the exact same thing

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By beej

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

I'm confused as to how one can believe that gay people ought to be denied a benefit offered to straight couples and not be a bigot.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#266  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@jakob187 said:

...and the election starts when again?

I mean, if a state just passed an amendment saying "no gay marriage"...and I were up for re-election...and I saw all those votes out there...

It's a strategy, folks. I'd like to think that it's not, but it is.

True, but it doesn't mean he can't support it for personal reasons either.
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#267  Edited By benjaebe

This thread is full of some stupid people saying some stupid things. It should be locked just to protect people from their own stupidity.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By intro

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Have to agree with you 100%. I love when people say, "Well why don't I just marry my dog then?" For fuck's sake, we're talking about two human beings, there not some type of nonhuman freaks because they're attracted to the same sex.

And for the it's disgusting thing... I'd be willing to bet there are people in this world who don't like blacks and whites getting married and find that wrong, whether it's disgusting or not is nothing but a meaningless opinion.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@iAmJohn said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

And yet you won't explain your position except to snarkily castigate people who wrongfully accuse you of being a homophobe because you don't believe in equal rights for gays. Hmm...

Why should I? Because my opinion isn't the same as theirs? Because I'm laughing at being called a "homophobe" for disagreeing with..equal rights? Yeah, no..

Gay Marriage? Yeah, that's the one.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By beej

@Still_I_Cry said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

And yet you won't explain your position except to snarkily castigate people who wrongfully accuse you of being a homophobe because you don't believe in equal rights for gays. Hmm...

Why should I? Because my opinion isn't the same as theirs? Because I'm laughing at being called a "homophobe" for disagreeing with..equal rights? Yeah, no..

"I'm not a homophobe! I just don't think the fourteenth amendment ought to apply to gay people or something. That or I know what level of scrutiny sexual orientation ought to engender and have an argument predicated on that!" (I'd be interested to hear that argument).

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Sambambo

@spartanlolz92 said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

well the arguments that homesexuality is natural is kinda dumb because then you can opne up the door for pedophiles aswell

Except pedophilia leads to harm of children, while homosexuality harms no one.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

"You're stupid because you disagree with me."

Mature stance to take.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#273  Edited By Dagbiker

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Im not challenging anyone, but...

Its only homophobia if your only doing it because their gay/lesbian/transgender. If a person can articulate, a reason for not wanting gay marriage other then because they are gay, then thats not homophobic.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#274  Edited By Jimbo
@PlasmaBeam44 said:

And these people who think that it will lead to legalizing incest...

We'll get there eventually I should think.  I mean if it's protected and consensual then why not, right? What's the difference, other than what you consider 'icky'?
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Barrock

@spartanlolz92 said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Pedophilia hurts people. Homosexuality doesn't.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By MikeGosot
@Still_I_Cry: Sir, i don't want to sound like an asshole, jerk, or anything like that, but why you don't agree with homosexual marriage? If you don't want to answer here, you can send me a PM.
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By beej

@Dagbiker: Is there any good argument though? I haven't seen a single good one forwarded. The best one is that states ought to get out of all marriage, but that's not legally applicable at the moment as states DO choose to give this benefit to straight couples, so until they stop gay people are well within their rights to demand this benefit. The civil union argument is blatantly homophobic as whoever forwards it is willing to grant all the benefits of marriage to gay people, the only thing they don't want is to let gay people call it marriage which can have no rational basis.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By time allen

much to ryan's dismay.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@beej said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

"I'm not a homophobe! I just don't think the fourteenth amendment ought to apply to gay people or something. That or I know what level of scrutiny sexual orientation ought to engender and have an argument predicated on that!" (I'd be interested to hear that argument).

"

ho·mo·phobe

[hoh-muh-fohb]

personwhofearsorhateshomosexualsandhomosexuality."

Sorry, you're missing the mark there.

Fuck off with the cries of bigotry now, yeah?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By mandude

@Still_I_Cry said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Mature stance to take.

More like "You're stupid because you disagree with me, and are denying me certain liberties based on that principle."

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By beej

@Still_I_Cry said:

@beej said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

"

ho·mo·phobe

[hoh-muh-fohb]

personwhofearsorhateshomosexualsandhomosexuality."

Sorry, you're missing the mark there.

Fuck off with the cries of bigotry now, yeah?

Wanting to deny a benefit to gay people that you offer to straight people (which I'd argue is a violation of the fourteenth amendment) sounds like a hatred of homosexuals to me! Thanks for the dictionary definition though! The only way it wouldn't be predicated on hatred is if you can forward a legitimate reason as to why gay people appealing to the fourteenth amendment ought not apply here, (basically what level of scrutiny sexuality deserves, and then what argument allows for that violation of the 14th in this case) which is why I said I'd love to see your argument here.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Sambambo

@Still_I_Cry said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Mature stance to take.

Kinda odd that you are talking about mature stances, yet you are not giving a reason for yours.

Gay marriage hurts no one and make it will the gay population happy, while having no effect on the straight population.

What arguments are there against it?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Turambar
@BrockNRolla said:

@Turambar said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@BraveToaster said:

Trying to secure that gay vote...

the truth is here!

I'd say any homosexual that was going to vote in this election would already have voted for the dems. Though perhaps this will drum up more activity within that segment on election day itself or help create more single issue voters within that segment of the population.

This is rationale argument. Not "trying to secure the gay vote." Thanks for talking sense.

Not sure if sarcasm.  I mean, I'm pretty sure it's politically motivated, at least partly, but I'd say it's purpose is more than to secure the votes of a voting bloc that it already has due to party philosophy.
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@beej: Nah, it sounds like, "I don't agree with this." No hatred intended. :)

@mandude said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

Mature stance to take.

More like "You're stupid because you disagree with me, and are denying me certain liberties based on that principle."

Well, sorry. Personally, I am surprised my opinion holds such weight in your life.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#285  Edited By Milkman
@Still_I_Cry: Either make your argument or stop posting. You're embarrassing yourself.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#286  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I officially regret ever posting in this thread. Should have known better...didn't.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TheDudeOfGaming: Same.

@Milkman: Wasn't posing an argument. Simply saying I disagree. The only embarrassment here is the hoard of people attacking me for saying "I disagree."

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#288  Edited By mylifeforAiur

It continues to sadden me that my lovely country hasn't legalised same-sex marriage. We'll get there soon, I think, but it's an unforgivable and a seemingly interminable blemish on an otherwise prospering country. We're close, though. We have to be.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By mandude

@Still_I_Cry said:

@mandude said:

Well, sorry. Personally, I am surprised my opinion holds such weight in your life.

It's pretty obvious I wasn't speaking for myself. Just elaborating on his statement, since you left out a pretty important part, and then criticised his statement sans completion.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By beej

@Still_I_Cry: So you don't agree that gay people should have the same benefits that straight people do, and so as a result this denial of liberty isn't hatred because you disagree?

stise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By stise

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Milkman: Wasn't posing an argument. Simply saying I disagree. The only embarrassment here is the hoard of people attacking me for saying "I disagree."

To be fair, you didn't just disagree. You included a dismissive generalization of gay marriage supporters.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By RE_Player1
@Still_I_Cry I hope you are very young because if so you'll eventually grow out of your idiotic mindset. If not I just feel bad for you trying to defend your homophobia by using "I disagree" or "it's my opinion" as an excuse for your stone age stance on the matter.
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@stise said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

To be fair, you didn't just disagree. You included a dismissive generalization of gay marriage supporters.

No, I included a dismissive generalization of people that attack me for disagreeing..To be fair.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really like Obama, dude's pretty humane for such a public figure.
I follow a artist's blog (Otep) and she's pretty into politics there and the things I keep reading about Obama keep astounding me, from the little things he does and says to the big acts he puts up.
Really well done.

And fuck bloody yeah, about time this was brought up.
Its a sin against humanity that this is still a problem anywhere, people should stop being such morons and let others have their happiness.

Not into posting pictures like this but it rings kinda true for this subject.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Turambar said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@Turambar said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@BraveToaster said:

Trying to secure that gay vote...

the truth is here!

I'd say any homosexual that was going to vote in this election would already have voted for the dems. Though perhaps this will drum up more activity within that segment on election day itself or help create more single issue voters within that segment of the population.

This is rationale argument. Not "trying to secure the gay vote." Thanks for talking sense.

Not sure if sarcasm. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's politically motivated, at least partly, but I'd say it's purpose is more than to secure the votes of a voting bloc that it already has due to party philosophy.

No, I was agreeing. If you're gay, and care about gay rights, as I would imagine is true of most gay people, then you would be much safer sticking with Obama. That's the reality of the republican platform right now. Republicans are actively anti-gay in a lot of their legislation and social policy. So even if you're not an Obama fan, he's the easy choice if you're gay and care about social policy.

Getting the gay community actively invested in getting out the vote is certainly a relevant political move, and certainly could have been the motivation with his statement.

That being said, I don't know if I really buy that. The population of gay americans pales in comparison to the number of moderate voters. Moderate voters might be swayed one way or another by arguing gay marriage should be allowed. Even if he gained a more fervent gay voter following, I can't imagine that this makes up for the moderate voters he will inevitably lose with such a policy statement.

I think it's a great moment and I'm really glad he's come out and taken a stance on it. I just don't really think he'll have gained any new political cache by doing it. People who like him will probably like him more now. People who don't like him will continue to decry his every move.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#296  Edited By Tarsier

so now youre an obama supporter?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MattyFTM said:

@AlexW00d said:

@CitizenKane said:

lol

He has the most influence, not power. It has been said the man who is in charge of 90% of all construction, whether it be buildings or monuments holds the most power in the world.

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By LiquidS

Good to see sensibility prevailing for once in politics.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By audiosnow

@MattyFTM said:

@AlexW00d said:

@CitizenKane said:

lol

The US Supreme Court Chief Justice.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the US justice (and more often than not, "justice") system, so I'll outline a bit.

Each federal judge is nominated by the President and appointed by the Senate, with no input from the citizens. Once confirmed, they are given life tenure, albeit with an alleged condition of possible impeachment. I say alleged because the only instance occurred in 1804.

In a "democratic republic," there is no position of governmental authority more illegal.

EDIT: And any ruling handed down by the Supreme Court is immutable, excepting the Court rule again against precedence, or the US Constitution is amended regarding the issue.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#300  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@spartanlolz92 said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@SuperSambo said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Animasta said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

homophobe

/eye roll

yep, it is.

Nope, it's not.

With homosexual marriage there is an agreement between consenting adults. Children aren't considered mature enough to make those decisions. They don't necessarily understand everything that's going on and it could potentially harm them. Also pedophilia (unless I'm mistaken) isn't very well documented in nature whereas homosexuality is.