Rate my US History Teacher's Standup

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I just found out that my US history teacher (well last semester) does standup.  Here's his act, what say you?

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

not bad

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

Meh. Not horrible, not great.

Osietra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Osietra

He should keep with his more mundane (but hey, its pays the mortgage) day-job.

Unless he's a Creationist.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MC_Izawa

Did you ask him about Roosevelt's stick?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Teh, Teh, Teeehhee. I tried comedy and it's hard. Pretty nice routine, needs polish, but very good. 7/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole thing should be him doing imitations of chicks and stupid kids. That was funny.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coakroach

Supportive crowd, Decent but poorly delivered joke ideas

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JoblessTerence

It looked like it was his first performance so like the crowd, I guess we shouldn't go all Ebert and Roeper on him and nit pick.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

I didn't laugh once. He's not a professional though so I'll cut him some slack.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CreamyGoodness

not to shaby

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Joru

I wouldn't mind watching that, it was amusing and quite funny in places. It's very hard to make someone laugh out loud, and I thought that was pretty good. People are usually very very dismissing of these non professional routines.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Gunner

He got some good laughs, and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Eh... pretty boring.  But I watch a lot of comedy central.  SO I'm used to pro's.  Crowd sounds like their either stupid drunk or all his friends.  It's not that funny and they are there to support him or he's a time slot hero.  Meaning the guy before him was a lot better, so the crowd is all hyped up.

If he was keeping the jokes clean on purpose, then that's another reason they aren't funny.  Other then the stuck up delivery.  He's got the basics, but I didn't see any dirt, presence, build up, back tracking.  These days I like jokes that shock a little too or are at least witty.  His were just boring and honestly somewhat perverted observations about young boys and big sticks.  Yep, kids find certain words funny.  But guess what, mature adults like me, don't.  Plus when a teacher of the children delivers them...  Sure parents will be pleased.

All of the stand up shows I go to, have comedians willing to do what ever it takes to get a laugh or to piss you off if you don't.  He just didn't have it.  I've seen chicks pretend to pull out used tampons and toss them into the crowd.  I've seen fights break out and some hilarious back and forths between the comedian and the drunk guy at the bar.  A good comedian doesn't give a fuck, while guys like that teacher have to much to lose, and are most likely only on stage because a bunch of his teacher friends thought it would be a "Keen" idea.  Plus the best comedians start from the bottom.  Thats no dive.

Kudos to the guy for trying and making a buck.  Should be able to keep it up, with a easy crowd like that.  But guys like me are another story.  I grew up with stand up by, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphey, Carlin, Williams, Carson, Letterman.  So, like I said up top.  I'm used to good "material".

Why Conan O brain's Late night show is dead to me and why I never watched Leno.  Kids need to look up some old Bill Cosby, Drew Cary, Jim Carrey, Bill Murrey, Dan Akroid, John Candy, Billy Crystal.  Conan's good, but has a lot to learn.  But I guess the high school kids need something.  lol  To bad too, I hate the LA scene.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he was keeping the jokes clean on purpose, then that's another reason they aren't funny.

Yep, kids find certain words funny.  But guess what, mature adults like me, don't.

You also like Bill Cosby. So do I, but if "Bill Cosby, Himself" is any indication, the guys "family friendly" all the way. Makes the joke where he says "Yes, well, what if you're an asshole?" all the more funny.