Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#52  Edited By AgentJ
@Karmum said:
" @AgentJ said:

" @MB said:

" @Termite: Kennedy's death does not change the fact that he was responsible for the death of a young woman. You can choose to ignore that if you wish, but that is part of Ted Kennedy's legacy. "

So that should be the first thing we think of when we remember them? When we remember the Clintons, we should remember the scandal first? When we remember the Bushes, we should remember that Barbara killed a man? Come on, there has been plenty of time to criticize them, and there will be plenty more time to criticize them later, but not right after their death. "
Uh, yes? The Kennedy family is probably going to be remember first and fore most with either their involvements in deaths, or their unusual deaths (i.e. brain cancer, assassinations). As a whole bunch (i.e. Clintons and Bushes), you aren't going to remember them for that, but you might remember one person (in each respective family) as an individual for what they have done. The thing is, the Kennedy family has had so many freak-related accidents (JFK assassination, Robert Kennedy's assassination, JFK's son dying in a plane crash), that is what will be known of them right off the bat. At least, that is the first thing that comes to mind for me.

I'm not saying that they won't be remembered for those things, but that they shouldn't be remembered for those things. 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Snipzor
@baconbits33: Why don't you piss on his grave while you are at it. Not as if he never did anything good for people. Not like he had a part in the civil rights movement or anything.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By TwoOneFive

i never liked him. 

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By EdIsCool
@baconbits33 said:

" Screw Ted Kennedy I hope that man is burning in hell, he basically murdered some poor girl, and you all are feeling sorry for him? Man I'm glad he died in a very painful way, in my opinion it was too good for him. Not to mention he was too much of a coward to fight in the Korean War so he had his daddy keep him safe. Then two days ago the bastard tells the Governor of Massachusetts to change the law so that his seat will be filled by someone who is personally close to him. Fuck him, I'm from Boston and I hate that son of a bitch. The Kennedy's are the most corrupt family in the US. "

really someone who is politcally close to him is the important point, with the Health bill its dangerous to wait the minimum 145 days for a replacement.I love how that law was put in place to stop Mitt "Im a tremendous dickhead" Romney from putting in a Republican.
And yeah play nicer
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thats sucks, and he died while I'm in the middle of the fucking ocean.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By ryanwho
@CapcomOverdose said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @CapcomOverdose said:
" Pay attention to me I'm young and require attention. "
Hey there lil guy. "
U mad. "
Nobody will care when you die. You won't even be worth the distanced contempt of the internet heroes that follow in your footsteps. So I understand your cries for attention when someone who made the world a better place dies. But wait a few days, maybe, before pulling this "I'm a rebel guys" shit. Have a little respect if that's possible.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

What the hell..... Why are people sad about this?  

This is a day of celebration. Ted Kennedy should have gone to prison and rotted till death. It's too bad he died and wasn't murdered.  

Who gives a fuck about giving him respect for other things? I have no respect for a coward who let someone die while he saved himself. He's a sick, pathetic, excuse of a man who should be given no respect. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ryanwho
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
"  Who gives a fuck about giving him respect for other things?"
Reasonable people.
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By EdIsCool
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" What the hell..... Why are people sad about this?   This is a day of celebration. Ted Kennedy should have gone to prison and rotted till death. It's too bad he died and wasn't murdered.   Who gives a fuck about giving him respect for other things? I have no respect for a coward who let someone die while he saved himself. He's a sick, pathetic, excuse of a man who should be given no respect.  "
Oh its just we've read a book or two and hence know the world isnt black and white..no one is evil, no one is good.That kind of uneducated bile is why America is so hated,
HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HotSauceMagik

baconbits33 said:

" Screw Ted Kennedy I hope that man is burning in hell, he basically murdered some poor girl, and you all are feeling sorry for him? Man I'm glad he died in a very painful way, in my opinion it was too good for him. Not to mention he was too much of a coward to fight in the Korean War so he had his daddy keep him safe. Then two days ago the bastard tells the Governor of Massachusetts to change the law so that his seat will be filled by someone who is personally close to him. Fuck him, I'm from Boston and I hate that son of a bitch. The Kennedy's are the most corrupt family in the US. "

A-Fucking-Men.

TK is a douche who has fucked up America politics for a long ass time.  Good riddance and thank god the Kennedy's are gone.

That said, death sucks.  I hope he has been forgiven.
Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

It astonishes me the amount of people in this thread who ignore his legislative accomplishments just to enlarge that blemish in his personal life. There are so many politicians with more blood on their hands than Ted Kennedy who sit comfortably with little public attention. 

I don't think his lifelong pursuit toward the well being of Americans redeemed him of the Kopechne incident. However, it's ignorant to lambaste him so fervently without acknowledging what he did for politics.

CapcomOverdose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CapcomOverdose
@ryanwho said:
" @CapcomOverdose said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @CapcomOverdose said:
" Pay attention to me I'm young and require attention. "
Hey there lil guy. "
U mad. "
Nobody will care when you die. You won't even be worth the distanced contempt of the internet heroes that follow in your footsteps. So I understand your cries for attention when someone who made the world a better place dies. But wait a few days, maybe, before pulling this "I'm a rebel guys" shit. Have a little respect if that's possible. "
U madder.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By baconbits33
@EdIsCool: I don't like Mitt Romney that much either however he wasn't as bad as Ted Kennedy.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Bucketdeth said:
" Thats sucks, and he died while I'm in the middle of the fucking ocean. "
oh poor you. seriously wtf? 

and why is anyone acting like they care about this slime ball of a politician?
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By EdIsCool
@HotSauceMagik said:
"    baconbits33 said:
 A-Fucking-Men.  TK is a douche who has fucked up America politics for a long ass time.  Good riddance and thank god the Kennedy's are gone.  That said, death sucks.  I hope he has been forgiven. "
Oh noes he wanted to help people. That would ruin America's politics good point actually
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By baconbits33
@Snipzor: Believe me if I could piss on his grave, I would, as matter of fact I would tango with my gf on his grave. Yeah oh joy he had a part in the civil rights, him and a couple other million people. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ryanwho
@JacobForrest said:
" It astonishes me the amount of people in this thread who ignore his legislative accomplishments just to enlarge that blemish in his personal life. There are so many politicians with more blood on their hands than Ted Kennedy who sit comfortably with little public attention.   I don't think his lifelong pursuit toward the well being of Americans redeemed him of the Kopechne incident. However, it's ignorant to lambaste him so fervently without acknowledging what he did for politics. "
Apparently people are okay with death as long as the person has a passive distance between himself and the crime. So kill one girl in a car, leper for life. Kill thousands in someone else's war, well that doesn't sit well but your legacy can be saved I guess, since you didn't strangle them in person.
CapcomOverdose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CapcomOverdose

On a serious note.His death isn't that big of a deal.I'm sure there are people who are saddened by this but I guess i'm one of those people who can't be sad about the death of someone I don't know.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By HotSauceMagik
@EdIsCool said:
" @HotSauceMagik said:
"    baconbits33 said:
 A-Fucking-Men.  TK is a douche who has fucked up America politics for a long ass time.  Good riddance and thank god the Kennedy's are gone.  That said, death sucks.  I hope he has been forgiven. "
Oh noes he wanted to help people. That would ruin America's politics good point actually "
Dude,  He "helped" with things that I am completely against.  Gun control as an example.  I don't call it helping.  It is my view that he didn't do much, if anything to "help" people.  How is that difficult to understand?
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By EdIsCool

well his dream was to solve healthcare.We really needed him for it to go through as he held an important position.
So its sad that he wont get to see a measure of suceess and his death is another blow to fixing healthcare.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By EdIsCool
@HotSauceMagik said:
" @EdIsCool said:
" @HotSauceMagik said:
"    baconbits33 said:
Oh noes he wanted to help people. That would ruin America's politics good point actually "
Dude,  He "helped" with things that I am completely against.  Gun control as an example.  I don't call it helping.  It is my view that he didn't do much, if anything to "help" people.  How is that difficult to understand? "
27,000 gun deaths in the United States? and you have about 300 mil guns. Theres no connection and I'd be a fool and a communist to make one
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ryanwho

He's been impotent since he got cancer so he wouldn't be doing much anymore anyway, but the dems are so fucking weak right now that losing one of the only strong heads is the party is just a little disconcerting. You thought they were overly passive before? God, now they'll be sucking off the townhallers for approval. This is just the worst time for him to die as far as national policy goes, so it does effect you in that way even if you don't know or care about him as a person. I'm as much mad that the dems have another excuse to stall and compromise as I am sad for one of the only effective left leaning  legislators passing on.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By HotSauceMagik
@EdIsCool said:
" @EdIsCool said:

27,000 gun deaths in the United States? and you have about 300 mil guns. Theres no connection and I'd be a fool and a communist to make one "

Well we agree on something.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TwoOneFive said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" Thats sucks, and he died while I'm in the middle of the fucking ocean. "
oh poor you. seriously wtf?   and why is anyone acting like they care about this slime ball of a politician? "
You should go read my thread on assholes.
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By EdIsCool
@HotSauceMagik said:
" @EdIsCool said:
" @EdIsCool said:

27,000 gun deaths in the United States? and you have about 300 mil guns. Theres no connection and I'd be a fool and a communist to make one "

Well we agree on something. "
you see in England where they have pretty much the same level of ethnic diversity but no one not even the police has legal hand guns they have tiny levels of deaths from guns even when you multiply it by 4 to even out the difference in population.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ryanwho

But your suicide rate is much higher, cus you're bored.

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@HotSauceMagik

said:

"Dude,  He "helped" with things that I am completely against.  Gun control as an example.  I don't call it helping.  It is my view that he didn't do much, if anything to "help" people.  How is that difficult to understand? "

So you don't call his education reforms, fairer tax laws, Meals on Wheels act, sanctioning of South Africa under the apartheid, and further human rights legislation helping? 

I'd be interested in knowing what your idea of helping is.
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Supermarius
@Br3adfan: i hate to break this to you but most of the people who are criticizing ted kennedy now, at the moment of his death are doing so because they disagree with him politically. Bringing up his dwi is an attempt to trivialize the progressive work he did and discredit the liberal causes he believed in. So the comments are politically motivated. I wouldnt use a persons death as an opportunity to make a political point but if someone else decides to do it, then they need to be shown how crude it is and how it cuts both ways and should not be used. If you believe that all the criticism of Ted Kennedy is not politically motivated, then you are being pretty naive
HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HotSauceMagik

This is not England.  You could ban guns completely here and that would work for law abiding citizens, however then we would just have a completely unarmed populace, and evildoers and criminals would basically have free reign of the country.   This is of course disregarding the fact that our country was founded, among other things, on the principal that all law abiding citizens shall and do have the right to keep and bear arms.

Lest ye not forget that our country was formed on the basis of  NOT being England.  Naturally we are going to have very different views on things.

This train is getting off the tracks.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ryanwho
@Supermarius:
I honestly don't think a lot of people know much of anything about Ted's political legacy, I really do believe he never rose above his caricature for many people and they would be surprised to learn what he was involved with politically and how large an influence he was in some major initiatives that made the nation better.
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By EdIsCool

ah conservatives or hah "independent" as they like to be known....when will they learn...

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By Cube

I dunno who the fuck that is.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#85  Edited By breadfan
@Supermarius said:
" @Br3adfan: i hate to break this to you but most of the people who are criticizing ted kennedy now, at the moment of his death are doing so because they disagree with him politically. Bringing up his dwi is an attempt to trivialize the progressive work he did and discredit the liberal causes he believed in. So the comments are politically motivated. I wouldnt use a persons death as an opportunity to make a political point but if someone else decides to do it, then they need to be shown how crude it is and how it cuts both ways and should not be used. If you believe that all the criticism of Ted Kennedy is not politically motivated, then you are being pretty naive "
My response to you was simply to bring about the fact that George Bush and the Iraq war have no relation to Kennedy's death
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ryanwho
@Cube:
He was the white California Raisin. He played the accordion.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#87  Edited By AgentJ
@JacobForrest said:
"
 @HotSauceMagik said:

"Dude,  He "helped" with things that I am completely against.  Gun control as an example.  I don't call it helping.  It is my view that he didn't do much, if anything to "help" people.  How is that difficult to understand? "

So you don't call his education reforms, fairer tax laws, Meals on Wheels act, sanctioning of South Africa under the apartheid, and further human rights legislation helping?  "
Course not, cause they were done by a Dem
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By EdIsCool

and a filthy SOCIALIST sorry I still get a kick out of that being an insult...what a fucked up country

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Supermarius
@Br3adfan: then we agree on that. I never implied that it did. All i was trying to do was point out the distastefulness of the personal attack. You noticed it and that's what made you want to respond to me and tell me off for sounding like idiot. Well that's how the people who completely dismiss ted kennedy and call him nothing but a murderer sound to me and many other people who are not conservative. Both conseratives and liberals are equally american and we should try to keep some minimum level of civility to allow the channels of debate and discussion to remain open. I think that not immediately calling someone nothing but a murderous coward as soon as they die is an act below that minimum threshold. We should be better than that, but apparently we aren't
HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By HotSauceMagik

@JacobForrest said:

"

@HotSauceMagik

said:

So you don't call his education reforms, fairer tax laws, Meals on Wheels act, sanctioning of South Africa under the apartheid, and further human rights legislation helping?   I'd be interested in knowing what your idea of helping is. "
  He is about as left leaning as one can get, therefore, No I don't call much of what he did "help".   I can get behind meals on wheels though.

And its not necessarily that i don't agree that we have the problems and what not, I just don't agree with the way he wants to solve them.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By toowalrus

Meh

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I guess some people don't really care about another man's death. Regardless of his position in politics or his past, he's dead. Gone from this earth or, if you're not religious, gone completely. He's dead and some of you are celebrating just because he did things that you didn't agree with? The least you could do is keep your comments to yourselves if you're going to act like that. Honestly people, some of you are as bad as the fundamentalists who protest homosexuality and celebrate at a funeral for a homosexual.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheLark

R.i.p, ted. Great man who did his utmost to end to oppresive regime which the 6 counties of ireland lived under. Maybe one day his efforts may see the light of day with a 32 county republic, the world has lost another good man. R.I.P

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By jakob187

Dood did have some questionable things about his past.  Regardless of that, battling cancer is a damn shame.  He fought like Hell, though.  I feel for the family, as they can never seem to get away from massive tragedy. 

RIP

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#95  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

I fell that it is time for me to clarify about the intentions I have with this thread. Firstly my intentions were never to romanticize Ted Kennedy. He is a troubled figure whose past actions resulted in the death of a young female, and this will never leave Ted Kennedy's legacy. Secondly I never sought to voice any form of political favoritism, if Newt Gingrich had passed away I would have created a memorial for him just as I have done here.

However I still felt compelled to write up this memorial regardless of his previous irresponsibilities as the man was an important figurehead in the world of politics, and regardless of your political stance you must concede this fact. If Roman Polanski had passed away I would have more than happily written a memorial for him, and this is despite the fact that he had sexual intercourse with a minor. The discussion on whether or not a man can ever be forgiven for his past atrocities is one worth discussing, though I do ask if the discussion can continue without the fire and brimstone tone. In the end the fact that people are reacting so strongly to the media frenzy over his death and this thread alone, in my mind that is, more than justifies the creation of this thread.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#96  Edited By Claude

When I think of Ted Kennedy now, I think of my wife. Dr. Allan Friedman removed the tumor from Ted Kennedy's brain at Duke University Hospital. Dr. Friedman also saved my wife's life when her L4 disk blew in her back. She was paralyzed from the waist down until he did emergency surgery. She can walk now, but has a drop foot and some other problems, but hey, she can walk. Actually, he kind of screwed her over and then saved her life, but that's another story.

I wish I was rich like a Kennedy, drink as much as I want and serve the public... awesome.

CollyWolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By CollyWolly
@EdIsCool said:

"ah conservatives or hah "independent" as they like to be known....when will they learn... "

I can't speak for others, but I "learned" when I took a basic economics class.  Observing the failed models of the USSR, Cuba, North Korea, China, etc. helps too.  Sadly, the world seems to want to head back in that direction. 
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#98  Edited By Jensonb

RIP Noble Warrior.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#99  Edited By sjschmidt93
@Ahmad_Metallic: I love this response. I've never heard of him either. Does that really surprise you people? How many Kennedy's are there? How many are alive? How many are dead? I don't fucking know.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#100  Edited By Claude
@SJSchmidt93 said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic: I love this response. I've never heard of him either. Does that really surprise you people? How many Kennedy's are there? How many are alive? How many are dead? I don't fucking know. "

Read about his father, this might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy,_Sr.