• 130 results
#1 Posted by The_Boots (84 posts) -

I'm finding myself more and more upset about the Phil Fish story. Not because I like him or think he did no wrong, but because I've just been hit by a lot of stories about how awful the internet is all at once. All these stories about how the internet is a howling mob of assholes bothers me. I really liked that Patrick called out the good stuff that has been going on around here during difficult times, so I want to keep that up. I want to find a bunch of people who have created things that I've really liked and tell them so. We're always so quick to complain-- but we need to be just as quick to praise. There are great people on the internet and I don't want to allow these stories about the world being full of assholes convince all of them that kindness and common courtesy are dead. They aren't dead. I won't let them die.

So come on. Find someone who created something awesome on the internet and tell them that it was awesome. I've never told Alec Holowka that I think the soundtrack to Aquaria is fucking incredible, and I think it's about time I did.

#2 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1956 posts) -

You're awesome! :D

#3 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

Nice guys finish last, LOL! JK.

#4 Posted by vegetashonor (576 posts) -

I just wanted say I think your profile pic is pretty badass!

#5 Edited by falserelic (5394 posts) -

@falserelic said:

I just wanted say I think your profile pic is pretty badass!

and I just want to say thank you...

#6 Posted by MikeW1980UK (69 posts) -

Geez, get a room.

#7 Posted by erhard (397 posts) -

No.

#8 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@vinny Wow I love your stuff man. Quick Look, ER, live stream, you name it, it's pretty sick man, I can't believe it. Without you, the Giant Bomb would sort of suck a dick. It's like you are an angel of cheer that spreads joy to everyone in the room, and the viewers as well. So thanks a bunch man and keep up the good work!

#9 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4185 posts) -
#10 Posted by CaLe (3944 posts) -

I always say nice things to people on the internet. I often make a nice comment on their YouTube video. Today I told someone that they were a 'man of great character.' I told another person that they made something 'look easy.' You see? I did it already! I did your thing before I even came in the front door!

#11 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

Patrick wrote a great article on Fez 2 that brought some much needed positivity on this sad twitter high school fight. Thanks for that.

Also of course this guy:

This guy is awesome in every respect.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Whereas jerks never even get the chance to have sex.

#13 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

I admit I tend to get dickish on the internet. But I'm not in real life, I swear! I've actually been told I'm too nice. It's just that I see so much whining on the internet about such stupid, insignificant things. I can't help myself sometimes and I have to comment.

But I've also been really nice on the internet, too. I've given compliments and joked around with people.

#14 Posted by Giantstalker (1604 posts) -

Better to be honest than be nice, but that's just my take on the whole thing

Above all, though, be tactful. That's what's really lacking

#15 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

@falserelic said:

That's some aswome logic VideoGameKing.

Bam, you see OP I made a nice comment.

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

I support this endeavor!

#17 Posted by The_Boots (84 posts) -

@pr1mus: Yeah, Patrick did a better job of really calling out some of the great positivity that can happen around here than any other article I've read about this sad business.

#18 Edited by Yummylee (21474 posts) -
#19 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

Only if you promise no one will say anything nice about me.

#20 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: oh yeah? WELL I THINK YOU'RE PRETTY COOL.

take that sucker

#21 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

Everyone with the letter Q in their name is handsomely terrific.

#22 Posted by Blackbear (20 posts) -

I love everyone!! <3

#23 Posted by oodli (97 posts) -

The Giant Bomb forum is the best forum I have ever been to.

#24 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

I bet you taste good.

#25 Posted by Elwoodan (807 posts) -

In the last 3 years I have gone from someone who enjoyed games as a hobby to taking programming and writing classes because I want nothing more than to make something of my own.

The entire GiantBomb community-from the amazing interviews, podcasts, and quicklooks posted here at the site to the always interesting and enlightening discussions on the forums-has had a major hand in that.

So Yea, Thank You.

#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

@animasta said:

@pyromagnestir: oh yeah? WELL I THINK YOU'RE PRETTY COOL.

take that sucker

THAT'S IT I'M OUT! FUCK THIS PLACE! GRRRRRRRRR.

THANKS. YOU'RE ALSO PRETTY COOL. STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

#27 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1632 posts) -

I think you're nice.

#28 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -
#29 Edited by 49th (2722 posts) -

Your voice is as beautiful as a piano.

#30 Posted by oldenglishC (944 posts) -

I guess some of you fuckstick's opinions only suck balls a little bit.

Golly, being nice does feel good.

#31 Posted by MocBucket62 (1180 posts) -

@the_boots: We can always have more threads like these! Thank you for encouraging us to be more positive and you seem pretty awesome!

#32 Edited by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -

As soon as I saw this thread I rolled my eyes. So I guess I'm just an asshole.

#33 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

and you guys are awesome,

some real miserable .000000000001% people do lurk here and i do hope their lives get better so that they arent so bitter/prickish ,

but generally speaking this is the best video game forum community on the internet.

#34 Posted by SkankinPacman (75 posts) -

I think all of you are pretty darn great.

#35 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

some real miserable .000000000001% people do lurk here and i do hope their lives get better so that they arent so bitter/prickish ,

but generally speaking this is the best video game forum community on the internet.

Big Boss is a badass legendary hero.

#36 Posted by The_Boots (84 posts) -

@jasonr86: No, you just need to try being nice! Come on. You know you want to.

#37 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2231 posts) -

You're all beautiful snowflakes.

#38 Posted by FinalDasa (1588 posts) -

As someone who has both moderated and help run a website being nice, even when criticizing something, is very important. Seeing how mean and downright vindictive some people can be makes me only want to be nicer and truer to how I normally would act.

Especially after the loss of Ryan I realized instead of pointing out when someone is being bad or doing something I disapprove of I'd rather seek out those who's efforts I enjoy and praise them for it. How often do we consume something that makes us laugh but never express our appreciation? If something were to equally anger us we're too eager to voice, loudly sometimes, disapproval.

I love the idea of this thread and really hope through the Phil Fish "scandal" a few internet jerks realize exactly what they're doing and chance their ways.

Moderator Online
#39 Edited by Demoskinos (14728 posts) -

If your looking for negativity all you are going to see is negativity. There is positive things all around you if only you seek them out. The world is full of as many good people as it is assholes.

#40 Edited by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@mrfluke said:

Big Boss is a badass legendary hero.

and ichigo in that form (forgot the name of that form) in your display pic is a badass.

#41 Posted by Capum15 (4852 posts) -

I love the Giantbomb community. Not just being nice to one person, but all the people here! Like a shotgun of niceness.

#42 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

@capum15 said:

I love the Giantbomb community. Not just being nice to one person, but all the people here! Like a shotgun of niceness.

I love you internet person :)

#43 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

If your looking for negativity all you are going to see is negativity. There is positive things all around you if only you seek them out. The world is full of as many good people as it is assholes.

PREACH,

totally agree.

#44 Posted by Capum15 (4852 posts) -
#45 Posted by BBAlpert (1428 posts) -

You are all very handsome and/or beautiful individuals.

#46 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

@falserelic said:

No, they do. They just usually end up with Herpes.

Also, GIANTBOMB IS A WEBSITE ABOUT LOVE!!!!!!

#47 Edited by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -
#48 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

I love you all.

Except you.

You know who you are.

#49 Posted by The_Boots (84 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@the_boots:

I'll be nice when I'm dead!!!

Really? Well then I hope you di-- HEY! Wait a minute!

You almost got me. ALMOST! But I still think you've got something nice to say just waiting to be said. I hope you say it prior to your death-- a death which I hope is very far off in the future. So there!

#50 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

This thread is the worst