Social Networking

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

So I was sitting in a Philosophy lecture a couple of hours and it was getting pretty dry, so I hopped on my newly-configured Uni wi-fi (VPN was giving me gyp) and signed up for a Twitter and I just wondered what Social Networking platforms most people are using.

I personally used MySpace for years, 'til I got bored of it. I owned a Bebo but rarely used it but I now find myself pretty active on Facebook - Glasgow University students seem to love it and it's a pretty simple way of keeping in touch. Twitter seems alright, too so I might stick with that. Its pretty fun to get updates from the likes of Stephen Fry in real time and as a fan of Fry, I'm totally sold on the service already on the strength of that alone.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Giant Bomb.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

I just started a Facebook myself and it is a little hard to make it a habit.  I'm not even sure that I want to make it a habit.  I had a look at Twitter, but I am not sure that I could really get into it.  I am lucky to be on the computer 2 hours a day and that is all after 10pm.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I use twitter because it's so simple and it does what I want. It's not full of people who I hate trying to poke me or get me to answer some stupid quiz about what kind of dog I would be, or play some boring flash game with them, or something else stupid. I have a facebook account, but I don't use it because of that reason.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
MattyFTM said:
"I use twitter because it's so simple and it does what I want. It's not full of people who I hate trying to poke me or get me to answer some stupid quiz about what kind of dog I would be, or play some boring flash game with them, or something else stupid. I have a facebook account, but I don't use it because of that reason."
I can certainly see that in Facebook.  I just ignore it (because I don't 'get' it and don't care).
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

I only use Twitter and Windows Live Spaces, they're the simplest and most comfortable to use. The rest of the sites are full of crap and I hate that every five minutes I get a new Facebook or Hi5 invitation. I do have a MySpace account though, but never use it.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Otacon

After months of being in Uni and resisting facebook, I finally had to give in as my seminar group were discussing topics on it. I don't know if it is just a UK thing, but it seems to be impossible to be a student without it. I have had twitter for a while. Also Philosophy, good choice in degree!

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maxszy

I used Facebook when it was small and only open to college students and I liked it a lot. I'd guess many forget that was even the case for it at one point. Once they started opening it up though and getting all these ridiculous applications and shit, I stopped using it. Probably over a year ago now I stopped using it. I can't stand it.

Currently though I mainly just use twitter for personal friends and then Giant Bomb on the net.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax
MattyFTM said:
"I use twitter because it's so simple and it does what I want. It's not full of people who I hate trying to poke me or get me to answer some stupid quiz about what kind of dog I would be, or play some boring flash game with them, or something else stupid. I have a facebook account, but I don't use it because of that reason."
Yeah, the random invites get very annoying very fast.
Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Retrogimp

I used to use MySpace a lot, now it's Bebo. But, since I've been using my GiantBomb account more recently I don't tend to use Bebo much either.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I have a profile on Facebook, but I rarely use it, Facebook is a little boring.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine

I use facebook, twitter, and giantbomb for social networking.  What is bebo?

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Retrogimp

Bebo's another social networking site, mostly used by British (as far as I've seen anyway). I'm a student in Scotland and like, EVERYONE uses it. It's ok, kinda simple.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ShadowKiller

Most of my friends are addicted to Facebook and find me odd for going on lots of gaming websites, but would I rather be surrounded by the awesomeness of Giantbomb or deleting application invites all day. I think that answers itself.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Alex_Murphy

All the people I want to talk to already have my phone number and email.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Otacon
MattyFTM said:
Ding - Winner