This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

But you hate pretty much everything... 

#252 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -
@alternate said:
" It isn't Hentai, it is what makes up at least 50% of the anime that makes it international and probably a much higher percentage domestically.  Not for me but I bet they know their audience.  It would be like accusing GB for covering so many shooters when a large proportion of games coming out are FPS. "
How about this :P
 
#253 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @Jeffsekai: i guess because they seem to have acknowledged the whole outrage in this thread (their twitter) and said "the hell is this shit" so they changed it "
The last 2 msgs piss me off, what a bunch of douche bags. Were not gonna fix it, so you can fuck off. I will do that then and they will continue to be the worst site on whiskey, that no one visits.
#254 Edited by natetodamax (19192 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

" @AjayRaz said:

" @Jeffsekai: i guess because they seem to have acknowledged the whole outrage in this thread (their twitter) and said "the hell is this shit" so they changed it "

The last 2 msgs piss me off, what a bunch of douche bags. Were not gonna fix it, so you can fuck off. I will do that then and they will continue to be the worst site on whiskey, that no one visits. "
The idea of you calling other people douchebags makes me laugh hysterically. You could not be more of a condescending hypocrite.
 
I also like how there are 17 mods and this thread is still open. 
 
Giant Bomb's ever so competent moderators doing what they do best! Leave threads open that should have been closed a while ago. It's like a hockey fight.    
#255 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@Jeffsekai
 
I understand why you were irritated but are you their audience?  Why would they care what you think?  I don't mean to sound like a dick but if you aren't their audience what does it matter if you like what they do or not?

#256 Edited by MiniPato (2732 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:

" @MiniPato: Because while you may understand it's part of the content, other people who have no idea what that anime is won't? also because 1 sentence in an article does not equal relevant. I also have no problem with the Screened people doing that, but making your community out to be a bunch of horny 14-year-olds that enjoy staring at cartoon boobs is not only not relevant, it's insulting and distasteful.

A picture of a Mac on a Tested article does not represent the Tested community as an Apple biased site. A Batman picture on an article does not represent Comic Vine's community a bunch of DC fanboys. Websites aren't billboards, people don't judge websites, especially editorial ones based off images. The reason people hate or love an editorial/content driven website is based on content and quality and to be able to judge that people need to read/watch that content before they decide whether they like it or hate it. It's that content that represents the community because the community goes back for more of that content, not the header image of that content. If there's anything to that makes people think Anime Vice is filled with horny 14 year olds, it's the tons of  pictures the users themselves upload which counts as content, not header image of an article. An opinion of a whole site formed based on a header image alone is an opinion not worth caring about and a person who does so is not someone wanted in any community. 
 
The only time aesthetics become a reason of disdain is when it impedes user friendliness.
#257 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: actually, doesn't Anime Vice generally have more views than Screened and Tested combined?  
or at least that's what i remember from some statistics thing that someone posted a while ago   
#258 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

 This entire thread is incredibly angry over something incredibly stupid.
 
I thought the WM sites and it's users were above shit like this. Instead of console shenanigans we get weird in-fighting.

#259 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

HEY GUYS I DON'T LIKE SCREENED BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE STUPID ROBOTS LOOK AT THIS STUPID ROBOT YOU GUYS I'M GOING TO MAKE AN UMBRELLA ASSUMPTION THAT ALL PEOPLE ON SCREENED LIKE STUPID ROBOTS 
 

 LOOK AT THE STUPID ROBOT
OH WAIT YOU GUYS I HAVEN'T BEATEN AN OVERUSED, UNFUNNY JOKE INTO THE GROUND YET, HOLD UP 
 
  
#260 Posted by Killroycantkill (1401 posts) -

High School of the Dead is actually a good show, the fan service is a hook to get people to watch. But anyways considering they have 1 staff member that I don't think is even in the office let's them off for a lot of things. I don't understand why one picture of a fan service shot is rage worthy. There are plenty of better things on the site and worse things, if you're going to rage about this then I don't see how it's any worse than having the hentai games in the Giantbomb database. 
 
If you're going to be "Oh wow they don't even try to be professional"  or are just raging at the picture then you probably had no intention of going to the site in the first place.

#261 Edited by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
#262 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:
" @Jeffsekai  I understand why you were irritated but are you their audience?  Why would they care what you think?  I don't mean to sound like a dick but if you aren't their audience what does it matter if you like what they do or not? "
I am not their audience, so they should be trying to draw me(as in everyone else) in by showing me something I might like...not naked ladies. 
 
@AjayRaz said:
" @Jeffsekai: actually, doesn't Anime Vice generally have more views than Screened and Tested combined?  or at least that's what i remember from some statistics thing that someone posted a while ago    "
That would surprise me. 
 
@natetodamax said:
" @Jeffsekai said:

" @AjayRaz said:

" @Jeffsekai: i guess because they seem to have acknowledged the whole outrage in this thread (their twitter) and said "the hell is this shit" so they changed it "

The last 2 msgs piss me off, what a bunch of douche bags. Were not gonna fix it, so you can fuck off. I will do that then and they will continue to be the worst site on whiskey, that no one visits. "
The idea of you calling other people douchebags makes me laugh hysterically. You could not be more of a condescending hypocrite. I also like how there are 17 mods and this thread is still open.  Giant Bomb's ever so competent moderators doing what they do best! Leave threads open that should have been closed a while ago. It's like a hockey fight.     "
You have anything to say period makes me laugh. 
Why lock this? Because people are talking about about another site? You really want to sit there and tell me that the image they used was okay given the content? Great, you missed the discussion because you were too busy being cool.
#263 Posted by MiniPato (2732 posts) -

 Does a  picture of someone getting shot in the head represent Giant Bomb as violent  14 year olds? Maybe to the ignorant, but we don't care because we know we know we're more than that and we don't care what those people think about us.

#264 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: oh, hi Vince. i didn't expect you to sho-- owowow.. please stop yelling.
#265 Posted by MiniPato (2732 posts) -
@Akrid said:
"  This entire thread is incredibly angry over something incredibly stupid. I thought the WM sites and it's users were above shit like this. Instead of console shenanigans we get weird in-fighting. "
I say if something stupid can lead to intelligent debate with actual thought, points and counterpoints, that requires both parties to do some critical thinking, then it is something worth arguing over.
#266 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @JasonR86 said:
" @Jeffsekai  I understand why you were irritated but are you their audience?  Why would they care what you think?  I don't mean to sound like a dick but if you aren't their audience what does it matter if you like what they do or not? "
I am not their audience, so they should be trying to draw me(as in everyone else) in by showing me something I might like...not naked ladies. 
 
@AjayRaz said:
" @Jeffsekai: actually, doesn't Anime Vice generally have more views than Screened and Tested combined?  or at least that's what i remember from some statistics thing that someone posted a while ago    "
That would surprise me. 
 
@natetodamax said:
" @Jeffsekai said:

" @AjayRaz said:

" @Jeffsekai: i guess because they seem to have acknowledged the whole outrage in this thread (their twitter) and said "the hell is this shit" so they changed it "

The last 2 msgs piss me off, what a bunch of douche bags. Were not gonna fix it, so you can fuck off. I will do that then and they will continue to be the worst site on whiskey, that no one visits. "
The idea of you calling other people douchebags makes me laugh hysterically. You could not be more of a condescending hypocrite. I also like how there are 17 mods and this thread is still open.  Giant Bomb's ever so competent moderators doing what they do best! Leave threads open that should have been closed a while ago. It's like a hockey fight.     "
You have anything to say period makes me laugh. Why lock this? Because people are talking about about another site? You really want to sit there and tell me that the image they used was okay given the content? Great, you missed the discussion because you were too busy being cool. "
If you think there is something productive about all the retarded arguments occurring here and saying "fuck you" to someone, I'd love to hear it.
#267 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2025 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" it's a shame to look at a Anime Vice and see zero effort, and just see constant pandering. "
Have you read anything Tom, the moderators or even any of the members of the Anime Vice community wrote? Have you even seen how hard Ethan and the AV users have been working to improve the wiki? 
 
If not, how are you going to pass judgment on Anime Vice over that image when there is so much more to AV's community? There is nothing that frustrates me more about this thread than that impetuous, invalid argument you made to start it off, so I just had to pose these questions.   
 
And really, why is everyone picking on that single image in particular? As others have posted prior, there have been other ridiculously gratuitous images in a more violent sense posted for features before. Just because this one was gratuitous in a risqué sense and featured something anime-related, people just had to pass judgment. Great values, there.
#268 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@Jeffsekai
 
I don't go to Anime Vice so I don't know this to be true.  But, based on that ad, I can infer that their audience either enjoys that imagery or that humor which is why the ad was put up in the first place.  That ad was their to bring like-minded people to their site.  By that, I mean people who, like the AV fans who had enjoyed that ad, would inevitably enjoy their content which I assume matches what was represented in that ad.
 
AV has to stay true to what they've become.  If that ad represents it, then that's just how it is.  Should they try to adapt themselves to every person who is upset by something they do?  No, because they wouldn't have an identity as there would always be someone who would be upset by something they did.  I'm sure there's a contingency that hates what Giantbomb does.  Should GB change to pacify that contingency as well?

#269 Posted by Aegon (5496 posts) -

I know I'm not a mod, but this thread seems to have run its course, it's over now. NO-ONE ELSE POST AFTER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#270 Posted by MiniPato (2732 posts) -

I don't like the new Anime vice image. Tom's giving me the stink eye!

#271 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
@MiniPato said:
" @Akrid said:
"  This entire thread is incredibly angry over something incredibly stupid. I thought the WM sites and it's users were above shit like this. Instead of console shenanigans we get weird in-fighting. "
I say if something stupid can lead to intelligent debate with actual thought, points and counterpoints, that requires both parties to do some critical thinking, then it is something worth arguing over. "
I enjoyed your contributions, always well thought out. Some others made good points too. But that doesn't change the fact that OP is a perpetual idiot, and we're all idiots for entertaining him this long.
#272 Posted by MiniPato (2732 posts) -
@Akrid said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @Akrid said:
"  This entire thread is incredibly angry over something incredibly stupid. I thought the WM sites and it's users were above shit like this. Instead of console shenanigans we get weird in-fighting. "
I say if something stupid can lead to intelligent debate with actual thought, points and counterpoints, that requires both parties to do some critical thinking, then it is something worth arguing over. "
I enjoyed your contributions, always well thought out. Some others made good points too. But that doesn't change the fact that OP is a perpetual idiot, and we're all idiots for entertaining him this long. "
Huh, I guess I glossed over everyone else's arguing O_O
#273 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -
@EquitasInvictus said:

" And really, why is everyone picking on that single image in particular? As others have posted prior, there have been other ridiculously gratuitous images in a more violent sense posted for features before. Just because this one was gratuitous in a risqué sense and featured something anime-related, people just had to pass judgment. Great values, there. "

The problem at the heart of the issue is that that particular image was used for an article about things the AV community has done.  If it was for an article exclusively about Highschool of the Dead, it probably would not have drawn the same attention.  I know the image is topical to the article as work was done on the HotD wiki page and there's news about the dub, but there are other images from the series that could have been used that don't show the characters with almost no clothing, like this one for example.
#274 Posted by Zaft (122 posts) -

I don't care about pandering to the general customer, but I don't like how Anime Vice lacks actual, you know, anime?
 
Talking about Naruto, FLCL and Bleach does not make your website an anime website. They should have information on NEW animes, such as Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne, Infinite Stratos, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka, Raildex, etc. You know, things that are actually NEW?

#275 Posted by Trace (3553 posts) -

Looks like the footer displays an image of Tom Pinchuk now. I suppose that mean's the terror is over now, right? ...right?
 
Either way, the inappropriateness was noted, and it was dealt with. I think both sides have made their points, and certain users have insulted too many people in the process, so let's put a stop to this before things get any further out of hand.

Moderator