Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

**SPOILER WARNING*   

To be honest, I was pretty dissapointed in this movie. I was expecting Ludacris to have more screen time. I was expecting it to have more game references. I was expecting it to be more humorous. I hated the ending, they didn't explain anything, they didn't explain what exactly happened to Kable, they didn't explain who those group of people helping out Kable were. The ending was afwul, the only thing that happened at the end was Kable killing Castle. Also I couldn't be any more dissapointed in Ludacris' crappy borderline robotic acting, he isn't convincing at all. One thing I do have to admit I liked about the movie was the beginning scene, very actiony, very voilent, very gamey, totally in your face, it was the only part of the movie that delivered for the most part.
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

**SPOILER WARNING*   

To be honest, I was pretty dissapointed in this movie. I was expecting Ludacris to have more screen time. I was expecting it to have more game references. I was expecting it to be more humorous. I hated the ending, they didn't explain anything, they didn't explain what exactly happened to Kable, they didn't explain who those group of people helping out Kable were. The ending was afwul, the only thing that happened at the end was Kable killing Castle. Also I couldn't be any more dissapointed in Ludacris' crappy borderline robotic acting, he isn't convincing at all. One thing I do have to admit I liked about the movie was the beginning scene, very actiony, very voilent, very gamey, totally in your face, it was the only part of the movie that delivered for the most part.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Yeah, I figured it would suck.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By torus

Really? You were disappointed? In a movie about a kid controlling a dude in a video game? That has Ludacris in it? 

Everything about this movie is offensive to my intelligence. I hope it crashes and burns.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

i didn't see the movie but who is kable and castle? 

ludacris is a very disappointing actor. the only movie he was good at was the small part in 2 fast 2 furious. max payne he was horrible in. i don't really plan on seeing the movie.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've been predicting that very few actual gamers will see this movie.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pinkshley1

Who didn't predict this movie would be bad? And as for Ludacris acting, the only movie I've seen him in was Rock N' Rolla, and he was awful in that.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sabata

I wonder if Gamer is eligible for TANG...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

I don't even want to see it.  It looks terrible.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Sabata said:
"I wonder if Gamer is eligible for TANG... "
Nah, it's not based on a certain video game.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidSwords

Sucks but anytime there's a mainstream Hip Hop artist in a big budget movie today, it's going to blow!
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By jonnyboy

The producers have taken it's title from a Marketing Firms pigeon hole, that also happen to be a Fanboy's favorite word. This does not bode well.
I guarantee the production team and director felt that the only qualification required to make this film was to play half an hour on Halo 3 multiplayer, which will be confirmed if Gerrard Butler teabags Ludarchris for calling him a "Noob" (actually, I'd probably pay to see that).

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

Just knowing it existed at some point made me hate it immediately. Hope you enjoyed wasting your time and money on something that everyone knew would be garbage, on top of a big marketing stunt that is pretty much an insult to us.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Red

You know when a movie's tagline is "WHO'S PLAYING YOU?" it's gonna suck.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I remember when the first trailer came out, I'm surprised this got a theatrical release. Granted, I haven't seen it, but it just stank of "straight to DVD" to me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By penguindust

Have you seen Death Race (2008)?  Did you like it?  And, if so was it as entertaining as that movie?  If Gamer was as fun as Death Race, then it still could be worth watching even though it's full of plot holes.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lowbrow
@Emandudeguyperson said:
"   **SPOILER WARNING*      To be honest, I was pretty dissapointed in this movie. I was expecting Ludacris to have more screen time. I was expecting it to have more game references. I was expecting it to be more humorous. I hated the ending, they didn't explain anything, they didn't explain what exactly happened to Kable, they didn't explain who those group of people helping out Kable were. The ending was afwul, the only thing that happened at the end was Kable killing Castle. Also I couldn't be any more dissapointed in Ludacris' crappy borderline robotic acting, he isn't convincing at all. One thing I do have to admit I liked about the movie was the beginning scene, very actiony, very voilent, very gamey, totally in your face, it was the only part of the movie that delivered for the most part. "
I have no idea what you thought what it was about this movie that was going to be any good?
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ragdrazi

"We all slaves!" 

Really? So, Gamer wasn't a good movie? How can I best voice my shock and surprise.

Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PenguinDust: Never seen Death Race, sorry.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By zombie2011
@PenguinDust said:
" Have you seen Death Race (2008)?  Did you like it?  And, if so was it as entertaining as that movie?  If Gamer was as fun as Death Race, then it still could be worth watching even though it's full of plot holes. "
Death Race was awesome, Gamer totally gives of a Death Race vibe, but im not gonna see it because i can't stand ludacris he is so fucking bad in every movie he is in.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By damnboyadvance

TANG.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ragdrazi

It also gives off a Running Man vibe and an original 1975 Death Race movie vibe. It's a terrible idea for a movie that's been done to death.

ChopperDave47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ChopperDave47
@Emandudeguyperson: 
yeah i was really really dissapointed after having seen the trailer, the only good part about it was the dancing scene, that was awesomely ridiculous
ChopperDave47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ChopperDave47
@jonnyboy said:
" The producers have taken it's title from a Marketing Firms pigeon hole, that also happen to be a Fanboy's favorite word. This does not bode well. I guarantee the production team and director felt that the only qualification required to make this film was to play half an hour on Halo 3 multiplayer, which will be confirmed if Gerrard Butler teabags Ludarchris for calling him a "Noob" (actually, I'd probably pay to see that). "
there actually was some "teabagging " going on believe it or not.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By sjschmidt93
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Sabata said:
"I wonder if Gamer is eligible for TANG... "
Nah, it's not based on a certain video game. "
It's GB man, they can make exceptions. 

But yeah, I don't think it looks too good either...
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By jonnyboy
@ChopperDave47 said:
" @jonnyboy said:
" The producers have taken it's title from a Marketing Firms pigeon hole, that also happen to be a Fanboy's favorite word. This does not bode well. I guarantee the production team and director felt that the only qualification required to make this film was to play half an hour on Halo 3 multiplayer, which will be confirmed if Gerrard Butler teabags Ludarchris for calling him a "Noob" (actually, I'd probably pay to see that). "
there actually was some "teabagging " going on believe it or not. "

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MKHavoc
@ChopperDave47 said:
" @jonnyboy said:
Was anyone called a noob at some point?
ChopperDave47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ChopperDave47
@MKHavoc said:
" @ChopperDave47 said:
" @jonnyboy said:
Was anyone called a noob at some point? "
yeah, definately, quite a few times if i remember right
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

love the tea bag in it, actual movie was okay.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jkz
@LiquidSwords said:
" Sucks but anytime there's a mainstream Hip Hop artist in a big budget movie today, it's going to blow! "
Mos Def is the only rap artist (alright I guess rap =/= hip hop) who's a good actor. No, seriously, that man can act.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TwoOneFive
@jukezypoo said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" Sucks but anytime there's a mainstream Hip Hop artist in a big budget movie today, it's going to blow! "
Mos Def is the only rap artist (alright I guess rap =/= hip hop) who's a good actor. No, seriously, that man can act. "
i agree 100% 

ludacris is such a bad actor though, i would be happy if he had less screen time. 
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@Sabata said:
" I wonder if Gamer is eligible for TANG... "
Let us form a petition. If we don't hang together... BLAHBLAHBLAH.