Tom Cruise?

Recession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Recession

I dont know why everyone hates him, he's just an actor like the rest of hollywood, taking actors advise is retarded seroiusly if u believe celbs opinions are written in stone 100% true, u need to kill yourself asap, I dont give a fuck if Tom Cruise was fucking goats all I care about is if he can provide enterianment to me! I hate how everyone complains about his religion, its crap just like the rest of ur religions, alien creating like is more likely then an all supreme being that loves you, I mean come on if he loves you then would he create satan, if god all powerful and knows the past and future then why did he place a tree of knowledge in front of Adam and Eva knowing they would take it. Why did he make a bet over Job with Satan? If god is real then we're his enterianment! Anywho I dont like the fact that ppl rate movies Cruise is in because of his religion, thats totally fucking lame! People as the stupid shit they come up with, he's not the best actor but surely not the worst, his proformance in Collateral was amazing after doing that movie I gain much respect for his acting, come on, the worlds obession with celbs is sicking!/end rant

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Tom Cruise is... just weird. I don't hate him. I actually think he is a decent actor who was in some pretty good movies. But man does he do some weird shit.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I didn't read a word of OP but I really like Tom Cruise. He seems like a decent enough guy IRL and his films are usually entertaining and if not, he's not usually the worst part of them. Looking forward to Valkyrie though I never had Cruise down as being the guy to play Von Stauffenburg.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

tom cruise is awesome. screw the haters. 

he's the man. 
MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MadMatr07

Tom Cruise is a decent actor but personally, I can not take anything he says outside of his work seriously because he is a scientologist.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

What if I just don't like his acting? (I'll admit he was pretty damn good in Tropic Thunder though)

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By lebkin

Tom Cruise suffers somewhat from the fact that he personally has become more than his roles in movies.  The fact that you are more likely to read an article about his personal life than his movies is a bad sign.  This tends to happen a lot with famous woman (Ashley Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, etc.).  Because people dislike some of his personal life choices (Scientology), that becomes what people are fixated on, instead of his performance.

Note how this happens in video games as well.  The public opinion of Denis Dyack changed how the entire public perception of Too Human.  If Dyack had zero public presence leading up the release of the game, I think the game would have been given a more balanced viewing.  Not that there might have been any better reception, but I think Dyack's actions definitely hurt its cause.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Cirdain
suneku said:
"What if I just don't like his acting? (I'll admit he was pretty damn good in Tropic Thunder though)"
Yeah that was crazy. And then him in the end credits dancing mann that was a awsome film.
AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AttackedCamo
suneku said:
"What if I just don't like his acting? (I'll admit he was pretty damn good in Tropic Thunder though)"

You summed up my feelings.
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Gameboi

He truly is a fantastic actor. However, he has fallen into the trap that many other entertainers (Springsteen, Bono, Jane Fonda) have fallen into: mixing personal business with professional business. Most people just want to go see a movie, or go to a concert without being subjected to someone else's views and causes.

Whatever happened to just entertaining your audience?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

He has made some great films (Magnolia, Born the 4th of July, Rain Man, The Last samurai), but his more popular movies are shit. 

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

Like many people have said already, I have respect for him just because of Tropic Thunder. Great movie made even better by him.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Tom Cruise is the man. End of story.