This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gaminghooligan (1442 posts) -

#2 Posted by SockemJetpack (408 posts) -

You post this because you're having trouble with the maples? Are they quite convinced they are right? Are the oaks just too lofty? You know... cause they suck up all the light. Unfortunately the oaks can't help their feelings. Since they love the way they're made. They're wondering why the maples can't be happy in their shade.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Hope you ain't talking about weed.

#4 Posted by Gladiator_Games (444 posts) -
@SockemJetpack have a pizza trophy my good man!
#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Yes to trees, I say.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

Trees are the worst!

#7 Posted by captain_max707 (490 posts) -

Trees are cool.

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Buncha Commies, Trees are.

#9 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Nah dude.

#10 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Fucking trees, man.

#11 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

Trees are so dinosaurs.

#12 Edited by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@SockemJetpack said:

You post this because you're having trouble with the maples? Are they quite convinced they are right? Are the oaks just too lofty? You know... cause they suck up all the light. Unfortunately the oaks can't help their feelings. Since they love the way they're made. They're wondering why the maples can't be happy in their shade.

Why do you wispier, green grass? Why tell the trees what aint so? Whispering grass, the trees dont have to know.

#13 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@SockemJetpack said:

Why do you wispier, green grass? Why tell the trees what aint so? Whispering grass, the trees dont have to know.

All this machinery making modern mus...shit, nm.

#14 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@Landon said:

Trees are so dinosaurs.

Lol. Totally.

#15 Posted by 49th (2755 posts) -

I'm not into that tree shit. It's cool if you are, but you can keep it - you know what I'm saying?

#16 Posted by Vinny_Says (5706 posts) -

Ever breathe the air in a desert, not as fresh as the air in a forest.

#17 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

@LD50 said:

@Dagbiker said:

@SockemJetpack said:

This was almost Peartfect.

#18 Posted by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

@Landon said:

Trees are so dinosaurs.

What is that reference? Bombcast?

Anyway, trees are great.

#19 Posted by cloudnineboya (815 posts) -

all ways hug a tree so yea man

#20 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1246 posts) -

I like trees. Palm trees are awesome and exotic.

#21 Posted by gaminghooligan (1442 posts) -

@LD50 said:

@Dagbiker said:

@SockemJetpack said:

#22 Posted by mosespippy (4165 posts) -

I have a feeling that my Maple tree in the back yard will fall over this hurricane season. It's in the side of a small hill and a major root is coming up out of the side of it.

#23 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

They're alright

#24 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Eh.

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

Trees get in the way of my car. =(

#26 Posted by aznjon12 (188 posts) -

Hell yeah! Trees Bro. They give us oxygen and we give 'em dead.

#27 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4737 posts) -

Well, I fucking love oxygen.

#28 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I've never met a tree I haven't liked

#29 Posted by Undeadpool (4935 posts) -

How do they work?!

#30 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Trees are fucking great as long as they aren't home to spiders or some animal that wants to kill me.

#31 Posted by believer258 (11895 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Well, I fucking love oxygen.

This is the best response I can give, for I have no witty quip nor 25 year old pop reference to post.

So, yes, oxygen. I tend to enjoy it. I love it so much that I couldn't live without it for long.

#32 Posted by Milkman (16779 posts) -

Fuck trees. I'm all about bushes. 

If you know what I'm saying. 

#33 Posted by TheSlothKing (332 posts) -

I saw a tree get hit by lightning the other day.

#34 Posted by dudeglove (7828 posts) -

Hey why can't we flag polls?

#35 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

they say trees is trees nah that says low

#36 Posted by Jeust (10643 posts) -

No tree, no oxygen.

#37 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

@Trav said:

@LD50 said:

@Dagbiker said:

@SockemJetpack said:

Well those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves? Eh? Right? *taps mic*

#38 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

How do they work?!

They take the carbon dioxide we produce and convert it to oxygen through a process called photosynthesis. Without plants and trees, no new oxygen would be produced and every human and animal would die.

#39 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -
I have, right outside my house, one of the ugliest trees in existence. It's called a paperbark tree.

Trees are pretty cool, though, what with the whole carbon-dioxide-into-oxygen thing, which, as @Morrow correctly says, is photosynthesis. Energy from the sun and carbon dioxide goes in, energy for the plant and oxygen goes out, as a very convenient arrangement for us and other animals. Hooray for 9th grade science education.

#40 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@RPGee:

Aww. The ugly need love too ♥

:D

Our flora is probably the most underrated thing in our world.

#41 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

@Morrow:

That's true, it is a great tree. Doesn't need to be pretty to loved by me.

And I assume you mean Australian fauna? I agree it's completely underrated, but perhaps because I have more exposure to it, what with my gardener father, I've seen more of it than your average person. Also, I wonder how many "uninformed" foreigners assume it all houses funnel web spiders or will straight up eat them.

#42 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@RPGee:

Err no, I actually meant that all our fauna, all plants and trees there are and what they do, is underappreciated by most people. They are what keeps us alive yet we destroy more and more of it.

I'm a gardener as well :)

#43 Edited by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

How do they work?!

Man, you're confusing magnets with trees. Common mistake.

And to answer the topic, yeah, Trees.

#44 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

@Morrow:

I said fauna, didn't I? Meant to say flora. Damn. Ever had that thing where you tell yourself not to confuse one word with another, guaranteeing you will confuse it?

Anyway, that's the sentiment I was going for anyway. Yes, many are plenty pretty to look at, but they're such complicated organisms, each with their own idiosyncrasies and quirks but all of them vital in their own way and terribly fragile, and it's a shame many people don't seem to care much about them.

But I'm not here to push a pro-environment agenda here tonight, and I'm getting off-topic from this off-topic forum. For the record, I like trees a good deal, and remember a time when I liked climbing some too.

#45 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

Hell yeah dude

#46 Posted by officervanhalen (86 posts) -

@Trav said:

@LD50 said:

@Dagbiker said:

@SockemJetpack said:

Ugh. Get a Life, son...

#47 Posted by Sweep (8858 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Hey why can't we flag polls?

Because reasons.

@gaminghooligan: Your dumb poll is dumb.