• 72 results
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By dethfish

I said the 90s were bad but now that I really think about it the only thing I really dislike is the fashion. I have pictures of me wearing some stupid ass 90s clothes, I want those burned. There is a great example of 90s fashion in that mortal kombat picture ^ up there.

The movies were great, tv was great (cartoons in particular) and the games were great. Technology was pretty shitty but I'm sure in 10 years the technology from the 00s will seem shitty.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By get2sammyb

We're not arguing about music again are we? Come on now, this is an amazing 90's track:

"Uh ohhh - hey hey!"
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By CL60
BigBoss1911 said:
"CL60 said:
"BigBoss1911 said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"The 90's were badass. You've just got to give it a decade to sink in. Wait till January 1st 2010 and you'll know i'm right."
Probably not. The only good things that happened in the 90s were some games, everything else sucked balls."
Like what?"
Terrible looking mullets, terrible clothing, terrible music for the most part."
Wrong, wrong and wronger. Vinchenzo was right about you."
Nothing you could possibly say to me could mean anything beings as you seem to like Jeffrey Star, and Zac Efron. Fact is, I think the 90s sucked completely other than the games. Stop crying about it."
The 90s was like the last great generation,it created the internet,had some of the best music and some of the best Tv shows.Its a sin to say the 90s sucked."
I disagree and for Vinchenzo to just say "you're a retard" to me...he does not deserve an intelligent response back. I much preferred the 70s and the 80s in comparison to the 90s and saying the 90s had the best music and TV shows is completely opinion based and I disagree that it did. The music in the 70s and 80s was a lot better in my opinion."
I said it had some of the best music.You really are clueless."
Umm, it's opinion you fucktard. I have one and so do you, calling me clueless or a retard because yours is different than mine really shows you are either a moron or a 12 year old.
Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Carlos1408

The 90's were awesome, I grew up in them and yea the music, the games, the TV shows, it was a great generation.
I'm A 90's KID YEA!!!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By get2sammyb

Just to prove that the 90's didn't have entirely bad music. Well certainly not in my opinion. I have an affinity with all the listed tracks. All gave me the shivers finding them and compiling them. I can picture myself around the time of release for all these tracks. So yeah, hopefully you'll find one we share that we liked, and hopefully this will bring back some memories.

My Top 5 from the 90's:

# 5 - "All I Wanna Do" - Sheryl Crow

I love the bassline in this track. I love the country-pop feel. I think it has some really good lyrics. Probably my favourite thing about country music is the way the songs tell a story. It's better than some overused cliche bullshit about "love". Although naturally that works. But the honesty of Sheryl Crow's delivery here makes the tune memorable.

#4 - "Parklife" - Blur

A frighteningly witty, clever and - most importantly - catchy commentary on matchday. It's a snapshot of British culture in the 1990's and it's just so brilliantly written. I remember it being a really big hit. I know many honour Pulp as the epitome of Brit-pop, but for me, this is it.

#3 - "Ocean Drive" - Lighthouse Family

There's something about the Lighthouse Family that really gets me. They're not the best band ever. They're not particularly original. Soul-pop. It's been done by many, many times before. But there must have been something in the water when they recorded Ocean Drive because I think it's a beatiful song. So relaxing.

#2 - "Wonderwall" - Oasis

How can you do a 90's list without "Wonderwall"? The answer is - "you can't". I know that for many people this is the number one song. In many ways this should probably appear in the Top 10 list of best songs ever written. I personally don't rate it that highly, but there's no doubt it's a very special song.

#1 - "Missing" - Everything But The Girl

Sadly don't have the original video or anything for this. There's no doubt that this is my most memorable track from the 90's. The tune, the beat, the vocals, the lyrics, everything about it is utterly memorable. Just the absolute hit of the 90's for me. I hear this song, and everything makes sense.

---

I've missed tons out (Gin Blossoms, Michael Jackson, etc) -- there are loads I could have put here. But these are the 5 that stuck.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By HandsomeDead
CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"The 90's were badass. You've just got to give it a decade to sink in. Wait till January 1st 2010 and you'll know i'm right."
Probably not. The only good things that happened in the 90s were some games, everything else sucked balls."
Like what?"
Nothing you could possibly say to me could mean anything beings as you seem to like Jeffrey Star, and Zac Efron. Fact is, I think the 90s sucked completely other than the games. Stop crying about it."
I'm not the one crying about anything. What i'm really looking for are examples of the bad looking mullets, terrible clothing and terrible music you're harping on about when everyone else is providing examples of you being wrong. Not to mention that you seem to love 80s metal in which mullets, outfits and music were bad, bad, bad.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CL60
HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Like what?"
I'm not the one crying about anything. What i'm really looking for are examples of the bad looking mullets, terrible clothing and terrible music you're harping on about when everyone else is providing examples of you being wrong. Not to mention that you seem to love 80s metal in which mullets, outfits and music were bad, bad, bad."
It's called a fucking opinion you dumbass LEARN THAT WORD, you may be surprised by it.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HandsomeDead

I was just trying to hound you into elaborating on your opinion, but whatever.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CL60
HandsomeDead said:
"I was just trying to hound you into elaborating on your opinion, but whatever. "
Whats their to elaborate on? I disliked the clothing in general and I disliked 85% of the music.
alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By alexl86

Huh, someone bad mouth the 90's?

Fine, the very early 90's had some really bad fashions, but those were left overs from the late 80's. The music of the 90's is overall, on par with the 80's, but neither were better than the 60's or 70's, not that I really listen to a lot of music...

No, the real beauty of the 90's is TV, Video Games, Cellphones and the Internet. While the first two were prominent in the 70's and 80's, the 90's had far better entertainment TV-wise. The Simpsons, which started in the 80's, had it's best seasons in the 90's. Kids had Batman the Animated Series, TMNT and a lot of other superhero cartoon series. Teenagers had plenty of sitcoms, teen drama and MTV to keep them out of trouble, while Adults... well, they probably had something to watch as well.

Internet allowed for instant messanging and you were able to chat with people from around the world, if you had a PC and a modem. After it's introduction to the public, it took less than a half decade for the internet to eclipse written mail for letters. Knowledge became the domain of everyone, if you had a PC and a modem. Possibilities seemed endless and it's not really any less impressive today.

Cellphones aren't as interesting, so I'll skip it, but it's most certainly significant.

Finally, video games. If you were to compile a list of all the best games of all times, chances are half the list would be games from the 90's, mostly because 21st century games are still too new, and while the 80's had some really good games, the games were plagued by design flaws and were mostly too simple. The 90's perfected 2D with Super Metroid and Street Fighter 2, while making some of the best 3D games like Doom(at least partly), Ocarina of Time and Tekken 3(yes, I like fighting games). The 90's had a greater emphasis on story, like in Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII, while some games took the industry in exciting new directions, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Duke Nukem 3D.

So, yeah. The 90's rocked.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By JJOR64
BigBoss1911 said:
"Response to 80's thread.What did you love about the 90's?

Funniest movie ever
Funniest movie ever

Agreed.               

Also this:

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By RHCPfan24

The 90's hate is disturbing. I still prefer the 60's in terms of music overall, but each decade had its great share of music, and the 90's are high up there. The entire grunge movement, RHCP, Radiohead, REM, Oasis, Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. and etc. A lot of great stuff. And here are a few movies, in addition to the amazing Pulp Fiction already mentioned:

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By penguindust

I was fortunate enough to survive the entirety of the 1970s and 1980s.  So, as a point of reference for anyone who may have forgotten the fashions from those eras I give you this reminder. I know this is a 90s thread, but I think this needs to be shown.

The 1970s were polyester, rayon and every sort of synthetic material you could think of.  Only the punks dressed cool and they were a small counter culture largely isolated to New York City and the seedier parts of LA.  There were some overseas as well, but I'm focusing on the US.  I had a red corduroy suit with a bow tie my parents made me wear.  

1970s synthetic materials were popular
1970s synthetic materials were popular
bell bottoms were all the rage
bell bottoms were all the rage
afros for everyone
afros for everyone
Can you dig it?
Can you dig it?
Leisure suits meant a night on the town
Leisure suits meant a night on the town

The 1980s continued some of the love affair with synthetics but also employed a lot of cotton and for those who could afford it, silk.  Hip hop was starting to influence fashion and so colors became brighter (day glow was popular) and hairstyles relied on large amounts of product to keep their shape.  Mullets were in for some, but also shags, Jheri curls, flattops and fades.  I went with a casual preppy look with an up turned collar on my Izod knit shirt and stone washed Calvin Kline jeans. 

Tailored suits and pastels
Tailored suits and pastels
day glow and baggy 'Hammer' pants
day glow and baggy 'Hammer' pants
Hip Hop arrives in force
Hip Hop arrives in force
real teenagers from the 80s
real teenagers from the 80s
an actual year book page from the 80s
an actual year book page from the 80s

I leave it to other to document the 90s (and 00s if someone makes such a thread).  I just wanted to make sure distorted nostalgia didn't obscure anyone recollection of the past.  These are only some of the fashions from that time, but I know for a fact they were the pervasive style in your average suburban town.
thebobster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By thebobster10

I was born in 1992 so I don't really remember much except for Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, All That, Kenan and Kel, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple.

I also actually remember that Alternative Rock was popular and R&B was pretty awesome then. I was upsessed with Titanic at only 5 years old.

On the game side of things, Super Nintendo, most notably Donkey Country Series, Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World. SOOOOO Many good memories with those games :(

Nintendo 64, LOVED Goldeneye (who didnt?) Loved watching my cousin play LOZOOT and Mario 64.

Basically i LOVED my early child hood.

00's SUCK

Nickolodeon sucks ass. NOT A SINGLE FUNNY SHOW. Terrible.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By dsplayer1010

For starters

No Caption Provided

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By fr0br0

Leave CL60 alone, guys. He's obviously on the edge of suicide if he's gone through 2 decades with nothing to enjoy but games...

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#67  Edited By JackiJinx
Kou_Leifoh said:
"

"
NOT THE FULL THEME SONG!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b65f243818c0
deactivated-5b65f243818c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^ We used to watch Fresh Prince re-runs every day after school. 

I think Law & Order should be mentioned...started in 1990, and is STILL ON THE AIR!!!!
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By Stang

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                                         Enough Said

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RetroIce4
Vinchenzo said:
"CL60 said:
"Nothing, the 90s were terrible."
Holy shit. You are a retard.

Edit: By the way...

No Caption Provided

"
Schyeah! Season 1 on my Zune!
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By End_Boss
CL60 said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What the FUCK is wrong with you?!
What the FUCK is wrong with you?!

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
@JackiJinx

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air.
In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys Who were up to no good Startin making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'
I begged and pleaded with her day after day But she packed my suite case and send me on my way She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.
First class, yo this is bad Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright.
But wait I hear they're prissy,
bourgeois and all that Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat? I don't think sow I'll see when I get there I hope they're prepared for the Prince of Bel-Air
Well, the plane landed and when I came out There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out I ain't trying to get arrested I just got here I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared
I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I can say this cab is rare But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air!