• 59 results
plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By plague102

So I'm sure that there is a forum about how you decided on your user icon but I'm more interested in answering the question of why do guys choose to use girls as their user icon... so if anyone can explain this one to me please by all means do in the comments?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I got no complaints.  Some users have some really nice jailbait avatars.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Some of them are actually girls, you know.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

So you don't like girls? 

Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Scapegoat

A lot of guys like to look at hot girls. I think it's built into their genetics or something.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Same reason some guys have women as their computer backgrounds. I think it's dumb, but to each his own.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

Would you like to see a bunch of naked men instead?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Why not?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel

See, Haruhi is a good example.  The kind of girl that all guys want.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By iam3green

it's for perverts to look at their avatar and then click on their profile to see if they are actually a girl or not. 

back in the days of gamespot i use to have a boxxy .gif image. people use to tell me pm me with flirts and asking who the girl was.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Tireyo
@natetodamax said:
" Why not? "
plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By plague102
@EpicSteve: No I do enjoy girls it just seems misleading kinda of like in mmo's when guys role-play girls when they clearly aren't, idk to me I feel like I want to play my gender because well I am that gender and it feels kind of weird otherwise
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGremp

Why do you have a star as your avatar?  I mean, you aren't really a star, are you?  That's a little misleading if you ask me. 

I have Skittles here as my avatar, because he is my little Skittles.  Some folks have pictures of women because they like females.  It's simple.  Same goes for MMO characters.  I prefer women over men visually, so it makes sense for me to make a couple female characters apart my "self-roleplaying" character.

edit: inb4 Dave Snider quotes.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I would assume that they like the character/actor/whatever.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel
@plague102 said:
" @EpicSteve: No I do enjoy girls it just seems misleading kinda of like in mmo's when guys role-play girls when they clearly aren't, idk to me I feel like I want to play my gender because well I am that gender and it feels kind of weird otherwise "
When I played WoW, which can be seen on the WoW forums of this site, I was a female Rogue and only did it for free loot and gold.  Dudes are idiot and horny, exploit that and you will win.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@KaosAngel said:
"

"
The kind of girl who could change the universe with her mind? i.e. you piss her off and she could potentially kill y-...well, now that I think about it, nothing out of the ordinary really. Well yeah, I guess you're right
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bravetoaster
@Enigma777 said:
" Would you like to see a bunch of naked men instead? "
This. 
plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By plague102
@natetodamax:@Tireyo643:  Because to me it feels like either A) you want a attention by using an avatar that is a girl since most gamers are guys or B) you want to be a girl but I guess in either scenario to each his own... I guess
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To get the profile views quest most of the time.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By natetodamax
@plague102 said:
" @natetodamax:@Tireyo643:  Because to me it feels like either A) you want a attention by using an avatar that is a girl since most gamers are guys or B) you want to be a girl but I guess in either scenario to each his own... I guess "
Neither A or B apply to me. Sorry, I think you have the wrong idea.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel
@Enigma777 said:

Who doesn't?
Who doesn't?
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Enigma777
@Hailinel: Ah, Cho Aniki. So wrong and yet so right!
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By Tireyo
@plague102: Take note that my icon is not a girl. It's Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. 

C) There is no particular reason, just like the way it looks.
plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By plague102
@natetodamax:  enjoyment then... I guess that makes sense I did at one time have a picture of my ideal girl as my background of my comp mostly as a reminder of why I work out so much to achieve that of the impossible
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
@plague102 said:
" @natetodamax:  I work out so much to achieve that of the impossible "
Damn yo, you must be built.  Niiiice.  :)
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGremp
@plague102 said:

" @natetodamax:@Tireyo643:  Because to me it feels like either A) you want a attention by using an avatar that is a girl since most gamers are guys or B) you want to be a girl but I guess in either scenario to each his own... I guess "

or C) They are heterosexual males who are attracted to females.  The icon is a small window for users to easily express something about themselves or set themselves apart from the crowd.  Someone who really likes Halo will set Master Chief as their icon.  Fans of Anime will choose their favorite character and display it because it represents their interests.  Likewise, someone who is really into Emma Wattson will post a picture of her in order to say "Dude, this chick is hot."
plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By plague102
@KaosAngel: this is off-topic of my post but I'm trying to get a position as an officer in the Navy SEALs so in order to pass the test it must be done haha
plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By plague102
@TheGremp: Understandable thanks for the clarifyer ! ... (sp? not sure on the spelling of that one but any who)
raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By raiz265
@PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
The kind of girl who could change the universe with her mind? i.e. you piss her off and she could potentially kill y-...well, now that I think about it, nothing out of the ordinary really. Well yeah, I guess you're right "
More like the kind of girl that makes you watch the same fucking episode 8 fucking times in a row.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Hailinel said:
" @Enigma777 said:

Who doesn't?
Who doesn't?
"
I just started playing this.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KaosAngel
@raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
The kind of girl who could change the universe with her mind? i.e. you piss her off and she could potentially kill y-...well, now that I think about it, nothing out of the ordinary really. Well yeah, I guess you're right "
More like the kind of girl that makes you watch the same fucking episode 8 fucking times in a row. "
We all know Mikuru is better.  :P
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Afroman269

maybe they like looking at girls?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
More like the kind of girl that makes you watch the same fucking episode 8 fucking times in a row. "
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Don't get me started. Too late.

I didn't particularly care for Haruhi (the show, I hate the actual character) before that, but when I found out about that then I called it quits for good. That was the most bullshit story arc in anything I've ever seen in my life. What makes me angrier though is the people who defend it and still try to write the show off as some masterpiece. I'm sorry, it's fine if they like the show and all, but no one in their right mind can defend that as legitimate story telling. Some crappy anime blog even gave that like "best arc of the year" or some weird award like that. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, it all just makes me so angry.

Ok sorry for derailing the thread there. You may proceed.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KaosAngel
@PrimeSynergy: ...the plot isn't in order.  You need to figure it out the episode ordering for yourself, and Haruhi is the most innovative character in anime in ages.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By natetodamax
@PrimeSynergy said:
" @raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Don't get me started. Too late.  I didn't particularly care for Haruhi (the show, I hate the actual character) before that, but when I found out about that then I called it quits for good. That was the most bullshit story arc in anything I've ever seen in my life. What makes me angrier though is the people who defend it and still try to write the show off as some masterpiece. I'm sorry, it's fine if they like the show and all, but no one in their right mind can defend that as legitimate story telling. Some crappy anime blog even gave that like "best arc of the year" or some weird award like that. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, it all just makes me so angry.  Ok sorry for derailing the thread there. You may proceed. "
I don't see how any sane person could give the endless eight a best arc of the year award. That crap was just miserable to sit through. I don't want to see another O-bon festival ever again.
kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingofpeanuts

Mine is more about the kittens then the woman. They are so CUTE!

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By plague102
@kingofpeanuts: haha thank you for the interjection I believe the mystery of the user icons has been solved for me
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@KaosAngel:  I get the episode ordering. That makes sense. It wasn't the first anime I watched that did something like that either. I'm saying the Endless Eight arc was a complete waste. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone liking Haruhi. That's perfectly fine. I'm just saying she doesn't sit well with me. Everything about her is annoying. The concept of what she can actually do is the only interesting thing about her, but Haruhi herself can go jump off a cliff.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KaosAngel
@PrimeSynergy: ...you'd marry someone with her personality.  :|
raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By raiz265
@PrimeSynergy said:
" @raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Don't get me started. Too late.  I didn't particularly care for Haruhi (the show, I hate the actual character) before that, but when I found out about that then I called it quits for good. That was the most bullshit story arc in anything I've ever seen in my life. What makes me angrier though is the people who defend it and still try to write the show off as some masterpiece. I'm sorry, it's fine if they like the show and all, but no one in their right mind can defend that as legitimate story telling. Some crappy anime blog even gave that like "best arc of the year" or some weird award like that. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, it all just makes me so angry.  Ok sorry for derailing the thread there. You may proceed. "
Rofl :D 

I went in there completely unprepared... Took me quite a few episodes until I fully realized why it was called Endless 8. I still watched them all. ._. 

But I hate myself for it... a bit.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus
@Axxol: Is your avatar a girl?
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Because I think girls are hot.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bravetoaster
@TooWalrus said:
" @Axxol: Is your avatar a girl? "
I never gave it genitals when I made it.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#44  Edited By Hailinel
@raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
Rofl :D  I went in there completely unprepared... Took me quite a few episodes until I fully realized why it was called Endless 8. I still watched them all. ._.  But I hate myself for it... a bit. "
If there is anyone on this Earth that actually enjoys Endless 8, I can't imagine what defense they would mount.  The movie Groundhog Day worked because it knew how to change things up and when to quit.  Endless 8 is just a huge waste of time.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Women are awesome in all kinds of ways, but I think that people that aren't female and use chicks as their avatar are kind of lame - though it's fine because they get satisfaction from it. I played a new game of pokemon sapphire and I chose to play as a girl... I thought the boy looked like a dork so that's my excuse. But my current GB avatar has both a guy and a woman... so what's your opinion on that? I'm not changing it anyway. [ :) ]

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Enigma777
@raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @raiz265 said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

"
Rofl :D  I went in there completely unprepared... Took me quite a few episodes until I fully realized why it was called Endless 8. I still watched them all. ._.  But I hate myself for it... a bit. "
I watched them all too. Loved the show before that. Absolutely hate it now, although the movie did ease the pain a little. 

I think Hitler put it best: 

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By plague102
@afrofools:  haha I don't really care what peoples' avatars are, I was just curious as to why guys would choose to have a women one, but now I got mad answers so were all good
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By nintendoeats

I wish that people wouldn't, it strikes me as immature and obnoxious.

But I'm also more sexually repressed than a...I'm so repressed that I can't think of a simile.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're looking into it too much.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers