#101 Edited by ikabubu (207 posts) -

Currently, it's been Satellite Stories and their album Phrases to Break the Ice.

I discovered the band when I was digging up some old cardistry videos by Tobias Levin, and stumbled on this:

It's pretty dumb, but I was hoping to learn a few moves from it. The song used is called "Kids aren't safe in the Metro".

#102 Posted by Bane (453 posts) -

Body Count - Manslaughter

#103 Edited by TheBluthCompany (424 posts) -

U Talkin' U2 to Me?

#104 Edited by gokaired (570 posts) -

Samples a Ghost Face Killer verse.

#105 Posted by OtakuGamer (1288 posts) -

Been enjoying this dudes music recently.

#106 Posted by ike7779 (358 posts) -

This:

I don't even know what Mirai Nikki is but it's about time I find out after listening to this track so much.

#107 Posted by SteamRickroller (310 posts) -

oh god.

i'm starting to like mcr.

what have i become

#108 Posted by Pr1mus (3950 posts) -

22 days ago i said i was excited for K Flay's upcoming album. Well it's out and it's awesome. I've been listening to it on loop for a few days now. Not disappointed.

#109 Posted by slindz (149 posts) -
#110 Posted by BigJeffrey (5185 posts) -

cool jam.

#111 Posted by randiolo (1106 posts) -

#112 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (727 posts) -

Currently listening to 311. The stuff that came out in the later half of the 90s while I was a freshman in high school (97).

#113 Edited by RVonE (4703 posts) -

A lot of Lana del Rey's new album, Ultraviolence, but also Phantogram's Voices and London Grammar's If You Wait.

EDIT: oh, and this:

Non-ironically. And I feel like an ass that I have to point that out, but there you have it.

#114 Posted by fisk0 (4498 posts) -

I recently saw the classic 70's industrial and post-punk band Chrome live, and picked up a CD with some previously unreleased stuff, including these great tracks (not exactly in their regular style, but still fantastic stuff):

One of their more classic songs:

#115 Edited by mushymushrooms (21 posts) -

Fireworks by Animal Collective, It's a song that just makes me feel so upbeat and wanting to hi-five a dude or two.

#116 Posted by Demoskinos (15157 posts) -

RIFF RAFF NEON ICON.

#117 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6002 posts) -

Ikimono Gakari

#118 Posted by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -
#119 Posted by TheHT (11797 posts) -

Battleblock Theatre is on sale on Steam, and I thought it was Cloudberry Kingdom, so now I'm watching the Cloudberry Kingdom quick look again and thinking "some of this music is great", and they were kind enough to display the song name in the beginning of levels.

So now I'm listening to Blind Digital - Evidence.

#120 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

It's been Arctic Monkeys obsessively recently, but I just bought that Paramore record that came out last year and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

#121 Posted by gokaired (570 posts) -
#122 Posted by Ezekiel (549 posts) -

Trying out Eminem's Encore. I like the previous three albums.

#123 Posted by Flavbot (118 posts) -

I've fallen back into my teenage favorite The Hives. Ever since I found that live DVD I have of them two weeks ago all I have been listening to is The Hives, especially live stuff.

#124 Edited by JimiPeppr (422 posts) -

As per usual:

#125 Edited by RoyaleWifCheese (559 posts) -

I've been listening to Joyce Manor's latest record since it was officially released on the 23rd. It's pretty good!

Though, if you're unfamiliar, I strongly advise starting with their debut self-titled record from 2011. It is goddamn fantastic.

#126 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (264 posts) -

When I first heard Ice-T did a cover of Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies I wanted to hate it, but it's actually pretty good and I can't stop listening to it. It's made go back and listen to a lot of punk I haven't listened to in years.

#127 Posted by Sbaitso (563 posts) -

I've been listening to Rhye's debut album fairly non-stop. It's just got a sort of timeless quality to it that I've really been enjoying, while also feeling modern.

#128 Posted by mems1224 (267 posts) -

I've been listening to a lot of Cunninlynguists lately.

#129 Edited by SteamRickroller (310 posts) -

I have absolutely no fucking idea how I managed to make it this far in life without Since I Left You by The Avalanches. 14 years old and yet it's better than 99% of electronic albums that came out afterwards (Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus is the only one that springs to mind, and even then only by the tiniest of margins)

Also some guy on r/gaming posted the cover for NBA Street Vol. 2 under the caption "Best basketball game out there" (He's right.), and someone else posted in the comments about the soundtrack. Goddamn, that soundtrack takes me back

#130 Posted by BeachThunder (12428 posts) -

#131 Posted by Phoenix778m (263 posts) -

Queens of the Stone Age "like clockwork..." best last year's album this year! It has so many highs and lows; it is a culmination of years of song writing and rock n roll, by the band. If any album could be compared to remembering why I fell in love with music this is the Indian summer of my childhood revisited.

#132 Edited by Victorboris1 (27 posts) -

Street Fighter II Victory's soundtrack, that one when Ken is imprisoned and unleashes for the first time the full power of his hado-shoryuken. So very sorry for the horrible quality of the video below.

#133 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

At this very second, "Master of Puppets" by Metallica. Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Kendrick Lamar.

#134 Posted by GiantLizardKing (563 posts) -

Wu Tang, Ice Cube, Bonobo, Led Zeppelin. A little bit of Frank Sinatra.

#135 Posted by Mezmero (2068 posts) -

Listening to Satanic Surfers, a Swedish punk band. It's actually not at all satanic, just some really solid anti-establishment punk rock. Also some Bigwig, The Impossibles, and Voodoo Glow Skulls.

#136 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3507 posts) -

@steamrickroller: NBA Street 2 is sadly the last great arcade basketball game, a terrible shame and it's an amazing classic.

#137 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

A lot of Elliott Smith and Bright Eyes. Recently, a lot of Modest Mouse as well.

#138 Posted by Cybertification (206 posts) -

BB King and Mark knopfler.... Fantastic piano in the background as well, just a brilliant song.

#139 Posted by Pilgrimm1981 (48 posts) -

Wow didn't know there were so many Swans fans here, that's great! Up until recently, I was always more occupied with doom, drone, noise, sludge, stoner type things but lately I've been really getting into 60's garage psych surf stuff such as

and something along those lines but far heavier (and totally awesome)

Also big thanx to the guy that linked Nick Cave's Stagger Lee, hadn't listened to it in years! I forgot how completely badass it was!

#140 Posted by ShapeOfDespair (57 posts) -

I've been listening to these two albums pretty heavily lately. Chthonic's Bú-Tik is one of my favorite albums in a very long time. I've also kind of started a thing at work with "lounge metal" like Driving Mrs. Satan and Hellsongs so I get a ton of that in my ears. Hellsong's version of "Iron Man" is perpetually stuck in my head.

#141 Posted by Belegorm (676 posts) -

Been on a bit of a Kiss kick lately particularly their song, Calling Dr. Love:

#142 Edited by fatalbanana (212 posts) -

Howard Kremmer - Gu Cruise! from the hit summer album Summah This Summah That

Doom Tree - Own Yours from the album No Kings (dope!)

and Grimes - Oblivion from Visions (I dont know why I like this song so much)

one more Palehound - Drooler

#143 Posted by noahtheboa999 (163 posts) -
#144 Posted by Nick (698 posts) -

I've been listening to LP, love this song!

#145 Edited by Herk (198 posts) -

I just discovered MF DOOM...

I've been missing out and now I have a huge backlog.

#146 Edited by James_Hayward (489 posts) -

Etherwood's Hospital Records 'mixtape'

#147 Edited by Jazz_Bcaz (271 posts) -

I only really find a pop musician I'm interested in once or twice every few months and they usually only have about 3 songs but SOPHIE dropped this the other day and it's rad. Otherwise I just listen to BBC radio 3 or whatever my mood calls for.

#148 Posted by JadeGL (974 posts) -

Pandora is convinced that I love Lana Del Ray and Mumford and Sons. I have no idea how this happened, but I'm working to correct it. I mean, yes I said I liked one song by each, but that doesn't mean I want to hear them all the time!

To cleanse my palate I usually swap to soundcloud and listen to the Hotline Miami soundtrack. I could listen to that music all the time, no joke.

#149 Posted by PatODay (220 posts) -

@herk: If you like MF DOOM, check out Jurassic 5. I can't get enough of their music. This is one of their better known songs, but everything they do is quality.

#150 Edited by Herk (198 posts) -

@patoday: Right, yeah they're good. I've only listened to Power In Numbers and Quality Control tho so I should definitely check out the rest.