What Conspiracy Theory Being True Would Most Surprise You?

• 79 results
LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By LibraryDues

The thread on cryptozoology and all the skepticism got me wondering: of all the weird conspiracy theories, paranormal claims, etc, which one of them turning out to be true all along would most surprise you?

I think I'd have to go with the real heavy "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"-style antisemitism, that the world is secretly run by some cabal of rabbis living in a bunker under Mt. Sinai or something. I would be pretty floored to find out that the Aryan Nation, KKK and their ilk turned out to be right on the money and were trying to warn us for all these years.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

The world being flat.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

That whole 'the world is run by shape-shifting lizard aliens' thing.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says
@LibraryDues: and what would you do about....if the Jews controlled the world?
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The Illuminati using rappers to get their way. The idea that Gucci or Waka Flocka or Wiz Khalifa have even a trace of symbolism in their lyrics is beyond me.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I laugh at people who ridicule conspiracy theories and mockingly label and make fun of them

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

@AhmadMetallic said:

I laugh at people who ridicule conspiracy theories and mockingly label and make fun of them

The same way people who believes in conspiracy theories ridicule and mockingly label people that don't agree with them?

But that's just me, I'm too blind to see the truth lols.

To answer the OP's question, The death of a lot of famous people. I mean it would indeed surprise me if Elvis and Tupac were alive somewhere jamming and laughing how they pulled one over on the world.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nemt

Reptilians

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By bacongames

Pretty much anything in Ancient Aliens. Holy fuck that show is out of its goddamn minds. Basically anything where aliens were behind it is hilarious to me. The political stuff is just as bullshit but only because people are compelled to feel intellectually and morally superior in instances in which they don't have that (disasters, government shit etc.); however if it turned out "true" its not in the manner people would describe it and I would move on with my life. Aliens though? Damn son that would be far out.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Example1013

@AhmadMetallic said:

Don't worry, I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EuanDewar

@AhmadMetallic said:

Hitman?

sugetipula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sugetipula

Iluminati.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cheesebob

9/11 was an inside job

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@StaticFalconar: @Example1013: It's not that conspiracy theories are all legitimate and true, a lot of them are absurd, but automatically dismissing all of them thinking you're cool by not giving any of them a thought is what I find idiotic. Some of them can make a lot of sense, otherwise you're saying that conspiracies don't exist, and that's just naive.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Ravenousrattler

@Cheesebob said:

9/11 was an inside job

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArchScabby

That squirrel monkey's actually rule the world.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

Hitman being the same person as Ahmad...

shhetghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shhetghost

Zooey Deschanel wont return my letters because she "doesn't know me" and she wants me to "stop calling her or she is going to call the cops". Now that would surprise me.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FateOfNever

Bigfoot. Yeah, that's right, I went there. Bigfoot.

Edit: But only if bigfoot was absolutely nothing at all like what people believe. Like, if the blurry pictures of big furry creature things is actually bigfoot putting on a costume to sucker a bunch of random people into a red herring scheme.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox

All that David Icke shit. Dude has had one too many bad tryptamines.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shinigami420

I cant chose but here are my 3 most crazy ones i know about

George H.W. Bush was really George Scherff Sr., a Nazi sent to destroy America as a teenager and adopted by Prescott Bush (Scherff was also an assistant to Nikola Tesla, and stole all Tesla's inventions after he was murdered by Otto Skorzeny and Reinhard Gehlen). Hitler was still alive in Montana in 1997, and Josef Mengele is keeping himself alive and youthful with a regimen of hormones and cannibalism. Oh, and Curious George was inspired by a young George Scherff Jr.; that's why Alan J. Shalleck was murdered by two men he met through a gay sex network one day before the movie premiered.

Hitler and some associates escaped to the Arctic in a submarine, to live with super-advanced aliens who reside within the hollow earth.

Denver International Airport was built expressly to conceal a vast underground complex, headquarters of the New World Order elite.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The David Icke reptiloids thing.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dabe

The conspiracy theory that every conspiracy theory is in fact a conspiracy theory. If that were true I'd lose my moynd.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By xMP44x

I'd be inclined to say something to do with Nazism beyond World War II. It would be crazy if it transpired that the Nazis actually had went to the Arctic Circle or one of those other weird theories. I mean, I've read one suggesting that they went to another solar system. Nothing gets weirder in my mind but I reckon my head would implode if that theory turned out to be real.

positrark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By positrark

@AhmadMetallic: Noone's dismissing every theory that might be considered a conspiracy theory, but to a skeptic like myself all the famous conspiracy theories I've encountered don't make a lick of sense and require highly selective use of "evidence" and flawed logic.

Returning to the OP: I would be shocked by most of the ones I've encountered but one of the dumbest is: Illuminati is using so called HAARP weapons to manipulate the weather and create earthquakes. Also, lizard people.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BaneFireLord

That we faked the moon landing. That'd be the biggest facepalm ever.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DonPixel

Alex Mason killed Kennedy because he was "brainwashed" ?

Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deathmachine117

The illuminati being lizard men or some type of animal man. But maybe I think I heard that.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arker101

Paul is dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

New World Order

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rentfn

It wasn't the Kane and Lynch review that got Jeff fired.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ProfessorEss

That Giant Bomb not reviewing Red Dead Redemption really was somehow due to a "lack of resources".

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60

The nazis went to space with aliens.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By StingerMK2

not exactly a conspiracy theory, but i was watching Louie Theroux: Americas Most Hated Family recently, and found myself thinking i would find it REALLY funny if the WBC were right all along, and whenever the next rapture was mean't to occure, they were the only ones on earth who were worthy to be taken to heaven, so rather than everything falling apart, everything stayed the same on earth, just without those bigot fucks around

also to answer your question properly, anything to do with Illuminati or secret societies secretly ruling the world would blow my mind,

if 9/11 was really an inside job it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest, im not saying i believe it is one, iv just grown weary of the lengths the powerful will go to to stay in power over my short time on this earth

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By mikemcn

That there is only one electron, that exists everywhere simultaneously across space and time.

Conzed92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Conzed92

That Mickey Mouse, Goofey and Donald Duck secretly ruled China, Russia and the US.. Have you been to China? They are waaaaay to fond of Peeking Duck..

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead

Considering how many Jews are involved I big business and the treatment of Isreal by America, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion wouldn't be too crazy. Especially when you have that one about the shape shifting lizards as the Royal Family.

Avatar image for prince_of_space
Prince_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Prince_of_Space

Probably Time Cube, though that isn't strictly a 'conspiracy theory'. In terms of actual conspiracy theories, then either Fomenko's "New Chronology" (turns out that the Dark Ages never happened) or any of the unified field conspiracy theories involving FEMA, the New World Order, and bloodthirsty aliens hiding under the quaint hamlet of Dulce, New Mexico.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By N7

Probably the Illuminati. Because everything is man-made. We've made everything from the concept of time to the money we work so hard to "earn". What would be the point of ruling the world now? It would be such a shock because of how much of a waste it is to rule the world. What happens when we all worship the same God and speak the same language? What then?

That's how I can say without a doubt, the Illuminati is a made up story. Normally there's always one person going "YEAH WELL IT COULD BE TRUE YOU NEVER KNOW!" Nope. I already know that it's all crap. Because what's the point anymore?

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By lazyturtle

@Vinny_Says: That would be teeeerible.

For me: If Scientology was real.

bricewgilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 25

#41  Edited By bricewgilbert

@AhmadMetallic: There is this weird guy I know who lives next door named Bob. I'm pretty sure they are in the mob. He murdered a bunch of people with the help of his brother, but his brother is on the police force and hid evidence that would put them both away. In fact much of the police force is in his pocket of the mob so no one can do anything about it.

That's totally reasonable. It doesn't require aliens or bigfoot or anything supernatural. It also has no evidence to support it. Until you find evidence to support your claims you have no leg to stand on. In fact in most of these cases where a conspiracy has become so wide spread that a large number of people have heard it the evidence should be completely convincing.

Is someone going to ridicule me over the claim I made? Probably not right away. They will ask for evidence, and if I was reasonable I would provide it. If I didn't have it at the moment to demonstrate to others that I am correct I would withhold judgement until I obtained it. The kind of shit people dismiss have been floating around long enough (9/11, Moon etc).

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Elvis is still alive

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ThePickle

@Cheesebob said:

9/11 was an inside job

This or JFK assassination.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ryanwho

That the Wikileaks dude was framed for raping a girl. He totally raped that girl. He couldn't look more rapey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Probably that 9/11 was an inside job.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JohnDudebro

That there are people that are actually robots, living among us.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By samfo
@Cheesebob: really? i dont think its true, but its probably the least likely to surprise me...
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#48  Edited By donutfever

Reptilians.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AngelN7

Does the Bermudas triangle qualifies as a Conspiracy theory? if so then that one , if they say oh! Atlantis is under there than that would make me believe in the whole thing.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Pibo47

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

The Illuminati using rappers to get their way. The idea that Gucci or Waka Flocka or Wiz Khalifa have even a trace of symbolism in their lyrics is beyond me.

Either this or 9/11. There are some other ones out there that would be crazy as shit if true...but these are my top 2.