crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By crunchUK
Scooper said:
Not taking care of any insecurities, having stupid fun, not driving a car while drunk, easier to relax, not drinking ... [more]
basically it's this for most people
Nitemare1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Nitemare1
kashif1 said:
IT turns you into an idiot, can cause you to crash your car, causes hangovers, i could go on.  what ... [more]
If any of these things happen to you when you're drinking you are doing it wrong.  Now don't get me wrong. I went though my "college years" drinking like everyone else but now that I'm out of that there is nothing better than spending a lazy summer afternoon with some friends, a few beer, and a bbq.  Getting a little buzz on and just enjoying the company of good friends. That's how you do drinking right!   No one getting stupid, no one crashing cars, (or even touching them for that matter).  And no hangovers!
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Drebin_893

I drink, but I prefer getting high.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By JJWeatherman
TheKidNixon said:
The only side effect I usually have from drinking more than usual is that I can only sleep for about ... [more]
This is actually normal. I can't find the article anymore but I just read about this somewhere on MSN.com, there was a quick featured article about drinking so I read it.
bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By bulletbeast

ok listen dude. people drink because its fun. to get drunk with friends is actually  and very uplifting bonding experiance . as far as im concerned getting pissed every friday night is a part of living your life

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

People who go out to get drunk are idiots. But going out to socialize, and have a few drinks, but end up getting a bit carried away and get drunk, that's fine. Drinking is fine. It breaks down social barriers, and it tastes lovely. Occasionally (Ok, quite often) you can get drink a bit too much, and end up drunk. That's fine. It's people who go out specifically to get drunk that's the problem. Those people are idiots.

EDIT: I think you can probably tell by my "you can get drink a bit too much" comment, that I have "get drink a bit too much" at the moment. Sundays is my main day in the pub. So I've been in the pub for like 8 hours today. So, I'm "get drink a bit too much".

Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Puppy
kashif1 said:
IT turns you into an idiot, can cause you to crash your car, causes hangovers, i could go on.  what ... [more]

No it doesn't. If you're a drunk idiot, you're a sober idiot. You're inherently an idiot if you drive drunk or get into a car whose driver is drunk. If the car crashes it isn't because you are drunk, it's because you are stupid.

As for hangovers, not everyone gets them. I get them, yeah, but not so terribly that it dissuades me from getting drunk.  And I don't throw up from drinking; at least, not because of getting too drunk. If I drink something that naturally doesn't settle with my stomach, when I just so happen to be drunk, I'll still throw up. But that doesn't count! xD

Anyway, I like to drink. I guess it's because I know when to stop and I don't get so drunk its dangerous. Instead, I just drink enough to have a good time.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ninjakiller
Grilledcheez said:
I like how everybody is ok with drinking, yet the guy who made the thread about his smoking habit got ... [more]
As long as somebody who drinks doesn't drive their car drunk, or become a raging alcoholic and damage their health there is nothing wrong with drinking.  Smoking however, fucking pollutes the air around the smoker with carcinogens and will lead more than likely to health problems even after they quit smoking.  So no, it's not a fucking double standard.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Alexander

The worst thing getting drunk has caused me is throwing up. Other than that it's all been good. Fantastic stories, random places, people, interesting photos. Even a time I did throw up, I went to the bathroom, bought a lollipop, some chewing gum, another drink and then met a girl who I ended up dating for two months. I don't tend to get hangovers either.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Like smoking, it makes you look cool.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Systech

Well, you see, everything gets all blurry and sometimes it can make people who are unattractive look "take to bed" worthy...

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Absurd

Liquid courage

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By weltal

Enjoyment.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64  Edited By Hamst3r

I think a lot of you are missing the question. :P

The question is: What is the enjoyment / fun that people get out of drinking?

It's an easy answer for video games: they're challenging, engaging and rewarding to play. :D

Answers, go!

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Matt_

I drink because it keeps the withdrawals away.

Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Galrick
Endogene said:
Amusingly enough i never have a hangover even after huge drinking nights nor do i drive home after drinking, that ... [more]

Words of wisdom indeed. Because believe me, as you get older, hangovers becomes harder and harder.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Drinking is a social activity. As long as you're not being an idiot and go out and drive while intoxicated, you'll be fine.

Know your limits, have some fun, and move on. Getting drunk should never become a hobby, just a rare treat on occasions.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By teh_destroyer

I rarely get hangovers, but throwing up from drinking is caused by the fact that you probably just drank to much and your body isn't used to it.

SuperDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SuperDrew

Because I'm Irish? Nah but seriously, I drink for the social side of it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By jakob187

I'll offer up the chauvinist pig answer and say:

It makes it more bearable to fuck an ugly chick.
SuperDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SuperDrew
@jakob187:

On the other side of the coin your going to have a hard time getting the job done.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jakob187
@SuperDrew:  I was simply making the chauvinist remark that would've been made by someone in the first place.  It's easy for people to hate me, so I figure I'll just get it out of the way for folks and move on.  = D

In all honesty, I get drunk because I drink a lot when I drink.  That's the only reason.  Other than that, it's just a social thing.  Everyone gets pissed (yes, I'm an American that actually uses that term...thank you very much) and acts stupid as shit, whereas they would usually be completely reserved and do nothing unique or interesting.  = D
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#73  Edited By godzilla_sushi
CL60 said:
Godzilla_Sushi said: Brett43 said: Voxel said: What do people see in smoking cigarettes? In playing video games? Exactly, you play ... [more]
Well that's some fine logic, the either/or argument.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By auspiciousqueue

To answer the question, people see the escape that they find by becoming drunk. For that moment they forget about their worries and have fun. 

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By turbomonkey138

Well having only recently turned 18 and therefore can drink legally i find that drinking for the sake of getting drunk is a stupid idea . I mean yea of course i went out and got shitfaced on my 18th but i did some "things" i regret . Since then i have learned to go drinking  with m8s for fun and not for the sole reason of getting fucked . But its does give you more confidence which is probably why people do stupid things but also have good times ;)

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Shocker

Because it is fun, unless you are a dumbass and/or drink way too much.

Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Epic1990

I've never had a hang over, never puked, and alcohol doesn't make you stupid, it just reveals if you are.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Nick

I drink because it's fun.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By teh_destroyer
Epic1990 said:
I've never had a hang over, never puked, and alcohol doesn't make you stupid, it just reveals if you are. [more]
It doesn't make you stupid, it just makes you feel stupid.
Centurion11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80  Edited By Centurion11

Well sometimes getting drunk helps people relieve their emotional stress and by getting drunk they can forget those worries.

Sgt_T1bbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sgt_T1bbs

Drinking is a great way to loosen up and just have stupid, relaxed, fun without worrying what others will think of you and such. Everything in moderation my friend. Don't drink too much or too often. It's the people who can't control themselves that give it a bad name.

Sgt_T1bbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Sgt_T1bbs
jinxman said:
you should get drunk at least once before you assume that it's shitty...not saying be an alcoholic, but ya, it's ... [more]
also, this. Never hate on anything till you have done it. I myself am of the mind that everyone should get rather drunk at least once in their life, as well as getting high at least once.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By maxszy

It all depends its purpose.

I drink. I LOVE beer. I LOVE the taste of good beer. Good beer is good. So I drink because I enjoy the taste of beer. Do I drink to get trashed and spend the night crouched over the toilet? No. I've done it, of course but I don't do it anymore. The taste can be a wonderful thing, as long as you can manage it. If you can't, you're an addict that probably shouldn't touch the stuff in the first place.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By Milkman
RetroIce4 said:
Alcohol = Addictive + Believes you think it will solve your problems in life.
Christ...Get a grip, you guys.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TwoOneFive
this is a dumbass thread, one doesn't even need to ask this. people drink because its fun. but yes it can lead to serious problems. thats why marijuana should be legal. its far  far FAR less harmful. the only harm will be done to yourself- get fat from all of the munchies and reduce your lung capacity. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By LiquidPrince

I had a hangover this morning. Sucked ass...

af7lm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By af7lm
@keyhunter: "i drink to get drunk"

amen brother
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oooh, oooh! I know! I know! They see it as an excuse for them to act stupid.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#90  Edited By meptron

social lubricant.

KennyTheSober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By KennyTheSober

Drinking be cool in moderation with a few buddies. But all that social drinking stuff don't exist where I am, just too many idiots out on the town where I live, a couple of beers and they all think they Rocky. Shit even had some nugget try bounce me face of the toilet walls while I was having a slash.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By c1337us

I have had severe alcohol poisoning twice and your standard kind of drunk numerous other times. It is stupid and never fun afterwards but I can say that everytime it seemed like a good idea at the time.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AngeTheDude

I don't drink and I never will. To me it's a waste of money and time.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By grilledcheez
ninjakiller said:
Grilledcheez said: I like how everybody is ok with drinking, yet the guy who made the thread about his smoking ... [more]
Whoa, what's up your ass?  You've never heard of drunks killing people in fights?  It seems to me a lot of rapes involve alcohol on one side or the other.  I would rather get some secondhand smoke here or there where the air can diffuse most of it than have my life ended in an instant by some dumbshit. 
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Endogene
GrilledCheez01 said:
ninjakiller said: GrilledCheez01 said: I like how everybody is ok with drinking, yet the guy who made the thread about ... [more]
So out of all the people who drink how many of them go of to rape and kill and say plunder?

Quite a silly statement you just made there. Also that argument about second hand smoking was about in bars not outdoors.
Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Dirty_Harry

Drinking is fun and i have never had a hangover after a big night, i always wake up early and fresh.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By grilledcheez
Endogene said:
GrilledCheez01 said: ninjakiller said: GrilledCheez01 said: I like how everybody is ok with drinking, yet the guy who made the ... [more]
The thread is about being drunk, not drinking in general as people such as yourself have made it out to be.  "Intoxication frequently leads to a lowering of one's inhibitions, and intoxicated people will do things they would not do while sober, often ignoring social, moral, and legal considerations."  That sentence sums it up right there, if you are defending this kind of behavior, YOU are making the "silly" statements.  If you have to be drunk to "enjoy" yourself, then you honestly need to rethink your life. 

P.S. I do know a rape victim who got raped at a party.  Thank you for making that point into a joke with your little pirate video.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Endogene
@GrilledCheez01: I"m sorry to hear about your friend but it is not because a person can not control himself when drunk then everyone who does can't which is what I understand you tried to say in your previous comment. There are people who do awefull things when drunk however they are but a minority of those who drink, that is my point.

I'm not defending the sentence you quoted but pointing out that the world "frequently" should be  "amongst certain individuals may". You assembled everyone who drinks in a single group, something that is simply ludicrous. At least that was the impression i got out of your previous comment.  

I do not see why you would say  "If you have to be drunk to "enjoy" yourself, then you honestly need to rethink your life. ". Did i ever say something about my drinking habits or my social life?
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By TheHBK

Because its fucking awesome!  What the fuck is up with you guys who think youre high and mighty because you dont drink, calling it stupid?  Dont drink, cool thats your choice, I never try to get anyone to drink if they are not cool with it, but dont be acting like you know everything and are better than anyone who does drink.  I have had a discussion about it and it is just awesome to drink with friends, not to sit around and try to forget your troubles.  Thats what partying is for, vacations, anything you do so you dont worry about stuff, even video games.  The point is that yes you can fun with out it, but hey, it gives you different kind of fun, and if you have friends who will look out for you and you look out for them, then its cool. And it is retarded to think that anyone who drinks is gonna drive.  I dont touch anything if I have my car.
As for hangovers, yeah they suck, but so does having your eyes crust over from a video game binge or having lots of good sex or having used money on a vacation, you have to pay for the stuff that is good in life somehow.
When I get drunk, people love to drink with me, because i become just goofier and more me, to the extreme.  I discussed it with friends, it depends on who you turn into when you are drunk.  Some of my friends become angry jerks, others just get horny and start to try to pick up on girls way too hard, others just start dancing, and me, I just start playing practical jokes and laughing and dance.  Dont knock it before you try it.
Know your limits and dont drink with people who would not look out for you.