• 102 results
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

IT turns you into an idiot, can cause you to crash your car, causes hangovers, i could go on.  what is there in drinking thats worth all that

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

Amusingly enough i never have a hangover even after huge drinking nights nor do i drive home after drinking, that is just a stupid thing to do.

Know your limits and you will spend a nice evening and a pleasant morning.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

Not taking care of any insecurities, having stupid fun, not driving a car while drunk, easier to relax, not drinking so much that you have a hangover ect.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I couldn't say. I have never drank and I plan to keep it that way. I just don't see the point. People think you can't have fun without it for some reason, I think that's stupid. Wait, wasn't there already a topic about this?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Godwind
JJWeatherman said:
I couldn't say. I have never drank and I plan to keep it that way. I just don't see the ... [more]
There are some alcoholic beverages that taste nice.

However, I never have gotten drunk in my life.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

The tingling sensation

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine

I don't know. I never really drank that much, I never got drunk before, but I like the taste of beer.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I see a fun night with friends.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

What do people see in smoking cigarettes? In playing video games?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust

Getting drunk affords you the illusion that your life is better than it actually is.  But, it's all a lie and you realize that the next morning which leads to regret, fear and shame.  Since those are unpleasant feelings, you then need something to quiet the pain and more drink is the answer.  The cycle goes on for years until you either end up in jail, dead or standing before a group of other saying "hello, my name is..."

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
JJWeatherman said:
I couldn't say. I have never drank and I plan to keep it that way. I just don't see the ... [more]
Pretty much this.
Brett43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brett43
Voxel said:

Exactly, you play video games for fun, you drink for fun, and combining both with a few mates around is awesome
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By godzilla_sushi
Brett43 said:
Voxel said: What do people see in smoking cigarettes? In playing video games? Exactly, you play video games for fun, ... [more]
But wait, that can't be true! It would make too much sense! ;)
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tekmojo
Voxel said:
Exactly...Why do people eat junk food? Why do people smoke? Why do people sit on their ass and play games all day? Why do people lie? Why do people cheat and steal from one another? Why do people..etc....?

Simple answer: We are humans. Most of us don't live magical fairytale lifestyles.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjakiller

Drinking makes so-so girls hot, and fugly girls so-so.  Beer goggles serve for the betterment of mankind.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By keyhunter

I drink to get drunk. I smoke to get high.

sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sofakingcool

Its called alcoholism my friend.... sweet sweet alcoholism! If you dont have it we can't expect you to understand!

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheKidNixon
PenguinDust said:
Getting drunk affords you the illusion that your life is better than it actually is.  But, it's all a lie ... [more]
Jesus Christ...

I would say there are as many reasons to drink as there are drinkers. For me, I know, I drink because it is a way to relax with my friends. I never drink by myself, because I see no reason to, and the only time I drank to the point of throwing up was one time I was already sick and the alcohol was a poor choice on my part. I drink to celebrate special occasions (the first time I ever got drunk was at a wedding,) and I drink because quite honestly, I enjoy the tastes of some alcoholic beverage.

Yes, there are alcoholics in the world, and yes some people need to seek help. But to suggest that everyone who drink is an addict or is destroying their life is pretty ridiculous.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to rob a convenience store to support my bourbon habit.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60
Godzilla_Sushi said:
Brett43 said: Voxel said: What do people see in smoking cigarettes? In playing video games? Exactly, you play video games ... [more]
No it doesn't make any sense at all, people who think the only way to can have fun is to get drunk are alcoholics, pure and simple. Playing games for fun and getting drunk for fun are two completely different things that cannot be compared.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RetroIce4

Alcohol = Addictive + Believes you think it will solve your problems in life.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By grilledcheez

I like how everybody is ok with drinking, yet the guy who made the thread about his smoking habit got crucified lol...double standards.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By lordofultima

I drink precisely to have fun and/or get wasted. General rule of thumb: Don't stop until you're over the toilet. That's if it's liquor anyway, beer is just delicious. Mmmm. A lot of people can't handle drinking or being drunk, or just don't enjoy it. That's fine. A lot of people turn into assholes when they're drunk, but I get even more goofy and laid back than I already am, so it's a good thing.

Post above me by the way, makes absolutely no sense. You can't have your cake and eat it too, buddy!

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheKidNixon
CL60 said:
Godzilla_Sushi said: Brett43 said: Voxel said: What do people see in smoking cigarettes? In playing video games? Exactly, you play ... [more]
Yes, but addiction is addiction is addiction.

If you can't go a day without a drink, you have a problem. If you need to smoke a cigarette every ten minutes, you have a problem. And if you get fired because you're constantly late for work because you need to grind that last quest in WoW at 4 in the morning, guess what? You have a gaming problem. No, it isn't as common as other addictions, and its fatality rate is relatively much lower. But too much of anything and everything can be a bad thing.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordofultima
@TheKidNixon: What does addiction have to do with drinking for pleasure. I smoke cigars maybe four or five times a year with friends, a "gentleman's hobby!" I drink with friends or at an establishment maybe once a month. I'll assume you play videogames most days of the week (as do we all). Spot the addiction here.

edit: my apologies I was actually applying my comment more to the person you replied too. I agree with you mostly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tekmojo said:
Voxel said: What do people see in smoking cigarettes? In playing video games? Exactly...Why do people eat junk food? Why ... [more]
I feel the need the further this point more. Drinking, smoking, doing pot and other drugs, are all things that have negatives images due to media and government saying they are bad for you. Now I am not going to say that they are healthly or that they don't have a negative effect to your health or anything of that sort. But I will say most people do them cause of the feeling they get from whatever they do, and usually if they do it regularly they like the feeling they get. Now, I personnally don't really like alcohol so much, I drink every now and again with friends, but a lot of my friends are binge drinkers and I get mad hang overs when I drink a lot, but I can see why a lot of people like, even though the reasons why they like it are the reasons why I dislike it. Which is probably why I am enjoy smoking pot a lot more. 

And I agree with the person above saying that we don't live in magical fairy tale lifestyles. Like people enjoy these these things. They enjoy the change that alcohol brings to their lifes probably. It is the reason I smoke pot. I love just chilling with my buddy and just enjoy and smoke and a coversation. And I know you could that sober, you can do anything you do not sober sober, and it is not like anymore fun it is just different. And that differnece makes it worth doing in my opinion, and is why I drink and do other things that change my state of mind.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Hamz
Endogene said:
Amusingly enough i never have a hangover even after huge drinking nights nor do i drive home after drinking, that ... [more]
As a bartender I could not agree more. Learn where your limit is and try to stick to it. Over indulgence of alcohol only ends in either a very messy night beside the toilet with a hangover worse than death the morning after or something far far worse like waking up in a police cell, hospital bed or ditch in god knows where.

It helps to also realise not everyone who drinks alcohol is suddenly going to turn into an abusive drunk. The people who do that are usually idiots when sober anyway, the vast majority of folks understand how to drink responsibly.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lordofultima
Grilledcheez said:
I like how everybody is ok with drinking, yet the guy who made the thread about his smoking habit got ... [more]
Well, as far as I can tell drinking isn't releasing harmful chemicals into the atmosphere and likewise someone's lungs who isn't actually a part of that habit.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lordofultima
@Hamz: I agree but disagree with you. Any hard drinks usually lead to vomiting on my part, but I wouldn't say it's really a bad time, or that it leads to a hangover the next morning (never had one). I will say that I'm a lovable talkative drunk.
synt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By synt4x

Yeah.. I don't get drunk anymore either. I just don't like the buzz that much. :S
I do like the taste of certain kinds of liquor, like beer and whisky. But I don't like getting drunk on it. I just get a headache and sit in a corner. Or I drink to much and go to sleep somewhere. I must be weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lordofultima said:
@Hamz: I agree but disagree with you. Any hard drinks usually lead to vomiting on my part, but I wouldn't ... [more]
You are lucky man, hangovers are the worst. Anytime, you mix with hard stuff, I tend to forget things and wake up with the worst hangovers. Needless to say, I don't really enjoy that as much as just chilling with some friends with a few drinks in me is a much better time.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheKidNixon

The only side effect I usually have from drinking more than usual is that I can only sleep for about four hours afterwards. I don't have a hangover, I just suddenly am wide awake at 6 in the morning and there's nothing I can do to get back to sleep. It is really kinda bizarre.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By penguindust

I think some people have moved off the topic.  The original post was about getting drunk not simple social drinking or enjoying an alcoholic beverage.  I think he was trying to understand why someone would purposely seek to inebriate themselves to the point that they are barely in control of their faculties.  That is a level far beyond a few beers with your mates at the pub or a couple of high-balls with colleagues after work.  Getting drunk, habitually, is a sign of a problem and it doesn't have to be getting drunk everyday.  There are "binge drinkers" too who just drink from time to time, but when they do they get drunk.  I know getting drunk is fun and funny, but it is still a sign that you may have a problem with alcohol.  And, if you've ever had a blackout, then you do have a problem because that is far from normal.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lordofultima
@MauveForest: I'll agree with you. Is it weird that reading a forum post about drinking has motivated me to stop drinking caffeinated beverages and start working out again? I know it sounds weird but...I'm going to do some cardio.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tekmojo

Ok i lost my post gosh darnit! Got to go right now but I'll come back and repost later today.

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jinxman

you should get drunk at least once before you assume that it's shitty...not saying be an alcoholic, but ya, it's fun.  I doubt there are many people that would deny that it's pretty fun.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Disgaeamad
Endogene said:
Amusingly enough i never have a hangover even after huge drinking nights nor do i drive home after drinking, that ... [more]
This. Whenever I'm out, I know that around 35cl of vodka's enough to get me drunk enough where I'll do funny yet stupid stuff, and I won't end up hanging over the toilet. No hangover either, so it's all good.

Know yo limits!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PenguinDust said:
I think some people have moved off the topic.  The original post was about getting drunk not simple social drinking ... [more]
I agree with you about the drinking habitually being a problem. Like anything that is "pleasureful", alcohol can be addictive and can take over your life very easily if you let it. I think the trick is with anything like this that moderation is key, as long as it doesn't effect your life negatively if anyway, Then I don't really see a problem with being drunk every once in a while. The hard part is knowing what that line of moderation is if you do drink a lot, because some people who get drunk a lot may think "well, I am doing just fine", when in reality they are not. I don't really want to put a number on if you get drunk three times a week you are a drunk, because maybe that person doesn't have a problem.(Though I will admit, that is probably way to high a number, I just don't like putting numbers and drawing lines on things it makes it seem like there is a absolute solution the every situation, while in reality every situation is different and there are different solutions to things).

And I think, addressing the original post, that some people might actually like being that out of control drunk. I know it seems wierd, but I know a few people who do, and though they regret somethings they did while drunk, they just move on with life and drink some more. It is odd, I know I couldn'y live that way but some people do, and some people do like being very drunk.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stang

Some people have deep founded issues, and use drinking as a coping mechanism. These are the type of people you label as alcoholics, and they often stay that way until they confront the underlying problem.....which in my experience is rare. I know it is hard, but instead of looking down upon a person like this, try to sympathize. I am pretty damn sure they are not happy with their life style and would like nothing more then to kick the addiction.

But a lot of us are social drinkers. We do not intend to get shit faced then drive on the freeway......merely relax and enjoy our time with friends. If the topic creator is trying to crucify those who are social drinkers, all I can say is get a life. Just because you don't do it means it is bad? Learn to not transpose your silly beliefs over others, it tends to make people look like fools.

Oh yeah, and like somebody else said.....beer goggles. Nuff said.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrGetBonus

The same thing people see in getting high.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By keyhunter

Alcohol makes yo momma an easy bitch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stang said:
Some people have deep founded issues, and use drinking as a coping mechanism. These are the type of people you ... [more]
I completely agree. I hate it when people look down on thers just cause they don't "believe" in the samethings. It's like if you are not the same as me you can't be as good as me. Get some prepective on life people, not everyone is the same and not everyone who isn't you is bad.
Avatar image for digyourowngrave
Digyourowngrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Digyourowngrave

I agree, it also degrades muscle tissue, so I'll never be drinking

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BrickRoad

Drinking, to a degree, is actually good for you. Of course there's a fine line between it being good for you, doing nothing for you and being bad for you. But it is technically good for you, unlike smoking, which is 100% bad for you and those around you.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never drank an alcoholic beverage because, well, I'm not of age. While I'd  be prepared to say "I'll never drink until I come of age." I remember that I also said "I'm never going to smoke pot."

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By get2sammyb

I think there are a lot of people out there that "drink" because they think they're supposed to. Like, it gives them a greater sense of worth.

And yes, people are entitled to do what they want, but in many ways I hate this common concept that you can only have "fun" if you're pissed.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By dr_nefarious
Voxel said:
Exactly. People do things that they like and enjoy, they see the fun in them. Really, it's just a preference, that's all it is.
KurtanionNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KurtanionNZ

For a fun night with Friends :)

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By get2sammyb
KurtanionNZ said:
For a fun night with Friends :)
I think criticism for that is, you make it sounds like the only way you can fun with friends is by drinking.

Anyway, I'm leaving this thread because I have strong views on it; but I also appreciate that others have different ones. Whatever, unlike smoking, the whole drinking thing doesn't affect me, so I have no reason to rant.
Sherlock_Pwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sherlock_Pwnz

I have fun while drinking and while not drinking. Just because I know that I can have a good time without drinking, it doesn't mean I should abstain. It's a preference, not an attachment.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By crunchUK
Scooper said:
Not taking care of any insecurities, having stupid fun, not driving a car while drunk, easier to relax, not drinking ... [more]
basically it's this for most people