What if paper money is going to go all digital? will u support it

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Considering virtually all my money is digital at this point, and I rarely have cash on me, I wouldn't oppose this.

Even things like borrowing money get done digitally, as far as I'm concerned. One quick trip to online banking, and you can sort out all your money needs right there.

I don't think cash will ever die out, though. Simply for the reason that it is almost a necessity. It provides the merchant with some reassurance.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@StaticFalconar: that's the interesting point i'm trying to make, is it worth trading our human rights, liberties, privacy for more financial security and control? I want other ppl to think about that very point.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: I just edited this before you replied, I wrote this.

Besides like I mentioned in this thread, anyone who doesn't get with the RFID digital currency program gets thrown into FEMA camps or has their chip turned off until they learn to be obedient.

So even if there was civil disobedience, the army, which is called FEMA actually trained their troops to invade american homes and disarm their guns. They are well prepared for this scenario and planned it already and throw them into FEMA camps. No revolution will surive with the patriot act, they already figured everyone out beforehand. Let's say there are enough military and FEMA concentration camps to put like alot of americans there. I mean if you look at history, the u.s put japanese in concentration camps. Did you know there are military in the u.s now training in small camps for civil disobedience? It's happening now, they are prepared for this scenario.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: So you're saying FEMA could take on the National Guard and/or the United States Military?
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: I'm saying they are the united states military. You never wondered why during hurricane katrina all they have are troops now? They are under the department of homeland security now and it's no longer some emergency helping civilian squad, it's all miltary and they are prepared if there was a revolution. That's all i'm saying and let's say for the sake of this thread, all ppl who isn't going to get chipped will be thrown into their concentration camps, their prisons until they change their mind.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: Did you actually read my entire post? Or just go by the first line? Because I already explained why that wouldn't work.
EDIT: Also, the Army, Navy, and Air Force are Department of Defense.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By StaticFalconar
@HitmanAgent47 said: 

@StaticFalconar: that's the interesting point i'm trying to make, is it worth trading our human rights, liberties, privacy for more financial security and control? I want other ppl to think about that very point. "

the only ones that will agree to such a system are the ones that don't feel they have financial security and control, much like the double talk of agreeing with the patriot act or else you are a terrorist.     Seriously unless they don't teach US history anymore, the right to bare arms is not to defend against the home robber, but against the government and its own army by having the right for a revolution. 

EDIT: I probably mispelled a bunch of stuff, but its late so lets call this my last post for the day. 
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Example1013
@StaticFalconar said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said: 

@StaticFalconar: that's the interesting point i'm trying to make, is it worth trading our human rights, liberties, privacy for more financial security and control? I want other ppl to think about that very point. "

the only ones that will agree to such a system are the ones that don't feel they have financial security and control, much like the double talk of agreeing with the patriot act or else you are a terrorist.     Seriously unless they don't teach US history anymore, the right to bare arms is not to defend against the home robber, but against the government and its own army by having the right for a revolution.  "
The Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is a matter of self-defense.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: well let's say this will mean we don't go by the constitution anymore if this money system is implement, we go by the U.N world court and charter. All guns will be disarmed if it's used to fight back, they will face armies training for this sort of scenario at home right now. I forgot to mention that because this is totally unconstitutional. But in canada, we don't have the declaration of indepenence, it's a world wide program. You can bear arms, but you will face the army.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: Explain to me how FEMA could take on any of the state National Guards, nevermind ALL of them. The National Guards have modern US Military equipment, tanks, helicopters, artillery, and infantry. But they're controlled by the state. There are plenty of National Guard members who are veterans of the iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, and thus have more experience than any amount of training could ever provide. And the Air National Guards have modern aircraft of all sorts (the fighting kind), along with some of the most experienced pilots alive, since many ANG members are either former Air Force members, or have been members for years, and thus have much more experience than the average Air Force pilot.

I fail to see how even the Army would have such an easy time against such opposition, especially since both sides would have the same exact equipment.

EDIT: Now that I see you're not from the US, it's a little easier to understand. I don't think you get the idea of state militia. When I say state militia (or National Guard, as it's been transformed into), I'm talking about entities that are separate from the Federal government, and controlled by the individual states that constitute the United States. So for the most part, the National Guards each answer to their own state's Governor, and NOT to the President of the United States, or ANYONE in Washington, DC.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HitmanAgent47

thi@example1013: maybe during martial law before they propose the RFID solution, they take over. FEMA isn't fighting the army, your fighting the government, it's them vs you. Don't let the names confuse you,

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, initially created by Presidential Order on 1 April 1979. The primary purpose of FEMA is to coordinate the response to a disaster that has occurred in the United States and that overwhelms the resources of local and state authorities. The governor of the state in which the disaster occurs must declare a state of emergency and formally request from the president that FEMA and the federal government respond to the disaster.

let's say the RFID situation was a national emergency, they declared martial law and require ppl to use the RFID chip. FEMA is now incharge and the united nations. The revolution you talked about are just a bunch of gun owners, they can't win.

They changed FEMA role in 2003, but I feel you don't understand what i'm trying to say. You just don't get it and I don't know what your point is either. I've actually seen these ppl training in your neigbourhoods in videos for an uprising, but we are getting way too off topics.

FEMA under Department of Homeland Security (2003–present)

President George W. Bush signs the Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2004

Following the September 11, 2001 attacks, Congress passed the Homeland Security Act of 2002, which created the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to better coordinate among the different federal agencies that deal with law enforcement, disaster preparedness and recovery, border protection and civil defense. FEMA was absorbed into DHS in 2003. As a result, FEMA became part of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate of Department of Homeland Security, and employs more than 2,600 full time employees.

this was what katrina looked like, see any troops? Why is FEMA all troops? Well they took over at 2003 and they will be there if there is civil unrest. Now let's get back on topic. Did you know canadian troops are hired to be there if there was unrest in the u.s and an uprising? So while you think i'm not american, our troops are going to be there if there was an uprising, they contracted off the work to a bit of our troops too. The difference is the military is more co-ordinated and has better tactics, also artillery. RFID or FEMA camps, that's my point.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @example1013: maybe during martial law before they propose the RFID solution, they take over. FEMA isn't fighting the army, your fighting the government, it's them vs you. Don't let the names confuse you,

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, initially created by Presidential Order on 1 April 1979. The primary purpose of FEMA is to coordinate the response to a disaster that has occurred in the United States and that overwhelms the resources of local and state authorities. The governor of the state in which the disaster occurs must declare a state of emergency and formally request from the president that FEMA and the federal government respond to the disaster.

let's say the RFID situation was a national emergency, they declared martial law and require ppl to use the RFID chip. FEMA is now incharge and the united nations. The revolution you talked about are just a bunch of gun owners, they can't win.

They changed FEMA role in 2003, but I feel you don't understand what i'm trying to say. You just don't get it and I don't know what your point is either. I've actually seen these ppl training in your neigbourhoods in videos for an uprising, but we are getting way too off topics.

FEMA under Department of Homeland Security (2003–present)

President George W. Bush signs the Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2004

Following the September 11, 2001 attacks, Congress passed the Homeland Security Act of 2002, which created the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to better coordinate among the different federal agencies that deal with law enforcement, disaster preparedness and recovery, border protection and civil defense. FEMA was absorbed into DHS in 2003. As a result, FEMA became part of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate of Department of Homeland Security, and employs more than 2,600 full time employees.

"
My point is that, in an uprising, they'd be facing an actual military force. I'm not talking about individual citizens who happen to own guns or whatever. I'm talking about actual soldiers with actual military guns, tanks, planes, and helicopters. You know the weapons you see in the Modern Warfare games? I'm talking that kind of shit. They have it. And they answer to the Governors of states. There are Air National Guard organizations (which are controlled by the individual states) that have F-22 Raptors. The same kind the Air Force uses. They account for half of the United States Army's entire active combat forces, making the total number of troops almost 400,000. I'm discounting the fact that Congress can call them into Federal service because, were a revolution to occur, I have no doubt that the various state Governors wouldn't allow these troops to leave.
You don't seem to understand that a revolution in the United States wouldn't just be a bunch of civilians trying to take over Washington, DC. It would include hundreds of thousands of professional soldiers, SUPPORTING THE REVOLT. If you would read my posts, you would understand this. FEMA can try to disarm civilians. They might even be successful. But there's no chance that FEMA can stand up against HALF OF THE UNITED STATES ARMY.

EDIT: And my point stands regardless. Also, one of your pictures is actually of the Kentucky National Guard, NOT of FEMA.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: no soliders swore an oath to protect their country, they will not revolt against their government if they wanted to implant RFID, they will work directly with the government. My point is they are already breifed on all of this, they already practiced most of their drills already as I posted. They aren't going to fight themselves, they are part of the system. If you want to not be RFID chipped with digital currency, you will face the army and be shipped to FEMA camps. Also former military ppl are disarmed too since they know who they are. Those pictures are in katrina's hurricane. Turns out FEMAS are now a bunch of troops. You think these ppl will revolt with you? Get real, they are just following orders like good sheeples.

The only way your scenario will work is if there is a massive stand down or they quit, which they will be thrown in FEMA camps.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @example1013: no soliders swore an oath to protect their country, they will not revolt against their government if they wanted to implant RFID, they will work directly with the government. My point is they are already breifed on all of this, they already practiced most of their drills already as I posted. They aren't going to fight themselves, they are part of the system. "
Are you trying to not understand what I'm saying? National Guard members take an oath of loyalty the their individual state, as well. So even though the federal government could try to force the National Guards into federal service, it wouldn't work in a situation similar to what you outlined. Also, the Oath is sworn to the Constitution first and foremost, not to any government entity.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: Basically what I'm waiting for is for you to give me a reason why someone would shoot at their best friend.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: but under martial law the president can spit the U.S into 10 fema regions, did you know that? It will no longer be the u.s anymore with any constitution or anything. Congress will be dissolved. It's all true, I should of told more ppl about this, but I figured it was better for another thread with a different scenario.

Here is the map of the 10 regions FEMA will be in control of, the president won't be in control anymore. So it can happen with executive orders.

list of things the president can do signing executive orders. Don't think I don't understand all this, I know what i'm talking about, you don't know all this. Maybe I should of kepted this a secret, but I want to talk about if ppl will go along with the RFID digital currency or not. I didn't mention it required martial law, it's just a what if scenario. Believe whatever you want, I have nothing but evidence to my points.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: There are 50 separate states, each with their own armies. Are you deliberately ignoring the existence of the National Guard?
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: you never really read my points, it's too early to reply, you didn't read a single article I posted or anything, so i'm going to ignore you. If you think armies will resist a tyranical government, did you think nazis resisted? not shoot their friend? If you don't read my points, I won't read yours and will ignore it. National guard will be part of FEMA now, there will be no 50 states, there will only be 10 FEMA regions. All those executive orders under spoilers are real btw, I put spoilers because there was too many to post here.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By imsh_pl

I kinda read the thread title "What if paper Mario is going to go all digital?" but I was wondering why you kept talking about economy for so long >.<

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@imsh_pl: well i've been researching the enconomy, you know the price of gas and oil is rising. It's a fact, I think it's going to be worst next year, been reseaching experts and ppl who are connected to oil executives. It's important to the u.s, it should be a big issue because imagine if you can't even afford to pay for gas next year? How are you going to work? Walk there? What about food prices? I studied a bit of what experts said about the economy and where it's headed. I studied some of the bigger mega banks and how they are ripping ppl off. I don't know, I just understand all this, my mind can process it and I feel everyone is so distracted by lady gaga and mortal kombat, we aren't looking at the important issues. Let's just say I sort of care and I can already see what's going to happen, or the most likely scenario if things continue their course. I also think what i'm saying is likely, they will try to introduce a new world currency, maybe not RFID chip like this thread, but they will try. There has been countless articles the IMF is pushing for a new world reserve currency. Look I like lady gaga and mortal kombat as much as anyone else, but I also understand things aren't going as well as the government is telling you and this topic brings this to your attention too.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: I feel like I'm being trolled. I didn't need to read those executive orders, but I did.

Do you know why the President hasn't signed any of them? Think about it. He could easily seize control of everything. Why not do it?

The answer?

Well, there are 2 things at play here: what the President can enact, and what the President can enforce. he might be able to enact every single little thing you've posted, down to the very letter. He could put all of those Executive Orders and everything into effect.

The reason why he wouldn't? Because he'd need to be able to enforce it. And why couldn't he enforce it? Because he's ultimately reliant on regular citizens to enforce it. And even though these people may be fiercely patriotic, they're not about to go against their own people for no good reason.

It took Hitler 10 years before he had enough control to dissolve the electoral bodies. But Hitler was persecuting small minorities within the population, which is why the general populace supported him for so long. By the time everyone could see exactly how far Hitler's plans extended, he was already too deeply ingrained. Such a situation is an impossibility in the United States, and especially in this day and age, with the ubiquity of instantaneous communication.

The reality is, the President and federal government could maybe control and put down a small, isolated uprising. Anything more than that would be beyond the powers of anyone to stop.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013:  I'm also studied miltary tactics and strategy, it can be stopped. You don't think dictators can stop an uprising? They have for many years. That's what I am trying to make a point of, maybe with this current dollar devaluation crisis, we are headed to being one of these types of countries. No one here could start a gureilla warfare, the u.s isn't iraq and not with a government looking over them with the patriot act. They are prepared, the patriot act knows everything about anyone who might rebel, they do train for this as I posted above. I'm willing to bet that most americans are docile and will do everything the government says. The TSA really taught ppl to be sheeples and obedient, americans are too docile and too overwhelmed to even resist. Only a small minority will resist the government. I mean even germany, slowly turning into a dictatorship, you can't resist, they know how to brainwash an entire country. They can't resist, the u.s can't resist. Besides, with the patriot act and TSA, are you sure it hasn't already turned it early nazi germany? I wouldn't be suprised if they introduced a new world currency, I am not suprsied at all.

But I am trying to keep the scenario of this thread simple, asking other will they support it. Maybe I am trying to make a point the american ppl might do everything the government tells them to if they slowly push the envolope. Like cooking a frog slowly so it doesn't jump out of the pot. The worst the american cna do in this scenario is to protest.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: You've also contradicted yourself. The President can't activate the National Guard; only an Act of Congress can do that. Which means the President could either dissolve Congress and be faced with organized, armed opposition (the National Guard), or try to somehow get Congress to give him control of the National Guard. However, the President dissolving Congress and Congress granting the President control of the National Guard are mutually exclusive events, because you can bet your ass that Congress wouldn't hand over the keys to the President like that, and the states wouldn't either. So ultimately, the President can enact whatever the hell he wants, but he won't be able to enforce it, which means that such a turn of events as you've been describing could never occur.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By natetodamax
@example1013: 
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By imsh_pl
@HitmanAgent47: No no, I didn't mean you bored me or something, I just came in here expecting paper Mario and was like "why they are talking about US economy in a paper mario thread... oh wait"
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: disolve congress, that's my point. Then the national guard will be transfered over to FEMA control. Congress already knows about this, some are angry about it btw. If you don't believe me read the bill yourself. This was suppose to be a simple thread for ppl to agree or disagree. Now we turned it into a political debate with political laws, lol.

Establishment of the Council of Governors bill

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13528

Establishment of the Council of Governors

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1822 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 ( Public Law 110-181), and in order to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State governments to protect our Nation and its people and property, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.  Council of Governors.

(a)There is established a Council of Governors (Council). The Council shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed by the President (Members), of whom no more than five shall be of the same political party. The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years, but a Member may be reappointed for additional terms.
(b)The President shall designate two Members, who shall not be members of the same political party, to serve as Co-Chairs of the Council.

Sec. 2.  Functions.

The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council to exchange views, information, or advice with the Secretary of Defense; the Secretary of Homeland Security; the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; the Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement; the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Americas' Security Affairs; the Commander, United States Northern Command; the Chief, National Guard Bureau; the Commandant of the Coast Guard; and other appropriate officials of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, and appropriate officials of other executive departments or agencies as may be designated by the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security. Such views, information, or advice shall concern:

(a)matters involving the National Guard of the various States;
(b)homeland defense;
(c)civil support;
(d)synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and
(e)other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.

coffeelars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By coffeelars

Cash is for beggars and thieves!

Fucking hate cash!

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @example1013: disolve congress, that's my point. Then the national guard will be transfered over to FEMA control. Congress already knows about this, some are angry about it btw. If you don't believe me read the bill yourself

Establishment of the Council of Governors bill

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13528

Establishment of the Council of Governors

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1822 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 ( Public Law 110-181), and in order to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State governments to protect our Nation and its people and property, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.  Council of Governors.

(a)There is established a Council of Governors (Council). The Council shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed by the President (Members), of whom no more than five shall be of the same political party. The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years, but a Member may be reappointed for additional terms.
(b)The President shall designate two Members, who shall not be members of the same political party, to serve as Co-Chairs of the Council.

"
You don't get it. The National Guard is governed solely by the Constitution, meaning any laws enacted by Congress to change its function are inapplicable. It would take a Constitutional Amendment to give the President the power to activate the National Guard on his own, and there's no way such an amendment would even make it through the first round of voting.

Also, regardless of what you think you know of tactics, a guerilla war is absolutely possible. In 1865, Robert E. Lee had the option to retreat into the hills with his army and switch to unconventional warfare. His army could've held out there for decades, if not longer. It's still completely possible to do today. The reason he didn't was because Lee realized that it wouldn't be good for the nation as a whole, and that it would solve nothing. So he surrendered instead. I've been to West Virginia, and I can tell you that an army could hold that area for a century, if need be. The terrain is barely passable, even today.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013:

you didn't even read my edit, here it is again. It states the national guard there. Also you ignored my point about appointing 10 states with new governers. You aren't reading my points, then I don't have to reply to yours.

Sec. 2.  Functions.

The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council to exchange views, information, or advice with the Secretary of Defense; the Secretary of Homeland Security; the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; the Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement; the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Americas' Security Affairs; the Commander, United States Northern Command; the Chief, National Guard Bureau; the Commandant of the Coast Guard; and other appropriate officials of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, and appropriate officials of other executive departments or agencies as may be designated by the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security. Such views, information, or advice shall concern:

(a)matters involving the National Guard of the various States;
(b)homeland defense;
(c)civil support;
(d)synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and
(e)other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't think he gets it, how easily his government can change. If there was food riots and inflation triping the prices of everything including gas, they can issue martial law, putting all these executive orders in effect before they roll out the RFID digitlal currency chip idea for my thread. It's entirely possible.

But enough about him not reading my post and replying, what do you think about digital currrency? as a solution?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" I don't think he gets it, how easily his government can change. If there was food riots and inflation triping the prices of everything including gas, they can issue martial law, putting all these executive orders in effect before they roll out the RFID digitlal currency chip idea for my thread. It's entirely possible. "

You don't get it. Putting martial law in effect means the President doesn't get the National Guard, meaning he's only got half his troops. Government change is actually extremely slow except in times of the utmost crisis. Germany was in a time of utmost crisis at that point. Barring a war, we can never reach such a point. And in a war, the situation would change completely, and this would be even less likely to happen.

EDIT: Here, I'll directly address your point:

They can advise him all they want to. It doesn't make a fucking difference. The National Guard answers to a higher power than the President of the United States.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@example1013: Let's just keep the thread simple, it's a simple question, don't argue over semantics. I want to hear what they have to say. It's a what if scenario, let others share their opinion, I heard enough of yours.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Example1013
@HitmanAgent47: Alright, I'm done.
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#86  Edited By elko84

hell no cause then all my money would be taken away super easy when sony gets hacked...oh wait

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@elko84: let's say you need biometrics eyescan too to use it. It's very tough to hack that. So if you ordered a meal at a resturant, you scan the RFID chip, then you quickly scan your eyes.
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#88  Edited By elko84
@HitmanAgent47: but...what if im wearing sunglasses!!
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Devil240Z

paper money is a waste of money. it should all be digital or coins. the US needs $1 $5 $10 $20 coins to replace paper money.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Just give us all credit cards, why do we need a chip implanted in us for something we already have?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Example1013
@NekuSakuraba: Just go with it, hypothetically.
Cslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Cslaw

So long as the chip is organic and free range I'm in. Serious answer, who the fuck would agree to have a RFID chip implanted in their bodies, only in some totalitarian 1984 alternate universe. Also wouldn't that shit get infected?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Example1013
@Cslaw: No, probably rejected, though. It wouldn't be pleasant, to say the least. This thread assumes it wouldn't be, though, I'm guessing.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Cslaw: chip in hand here

Here is a real RFID in the hand and according to wiki.

Just after the operation to insert the RFID tag was completed. The yellow is from the iodine disinfection before inserting the chip.

Some ppl claims that it's in some passports, but I have to research that. I also heard a rumor wallmart might use that for their products, some ppl said they found RFID chips in their clothes, but I have to confirm that first. Maybe a tatoo code will be easier, or maybe they might include this chip in a medical card. But the point i'm trying to make is what if the government wants more control and this was the safest way to safeguard from fraud paired with rectinal scanners. FDA already approved this in 2004.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By FourWude

NO. It's not just the concept of  a wholly digital currency but the idea of a totally manipulated and controlled money that scares me. Which is why I am against fiat, paper money anyway. Money must be independent, it must be NOT be manipulated for the benefit of political objectives. It is there for everyone to use, we all have a stake in our money. It must not be printed or debased by the few, which is why I believe in a money which is backed by Gold and Silver and free from artificial manipulation. Without a free and independent money, a nation can NEVER be free. You only have to look at the history of the USD over this past century and the freedoms and liberties within the US. The more manipulated and debased the dollar has become the worse the society finds itself in. This is no coincidence. Money is the ultimate medium of exchange, it governs much of our daily lives.

Back on point though, a wholly digital currency would allow for easier manipulation by the govt (which isn't saying much since it's all too easy nowadays). It places more control into central government and allows for a more "controlled" society. Effectively it takes power away from the people. And that's before we get to social liberty problems such as tracking etc.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By FourWude
@Cslaw said:
" So long as the chip is organic and free range I'm in. Serious answer, who the fuck would agree to have a RFID chip implanted in their bodies, only in some totalitarian 1984 alternate universe. Also wouldn't that shit get infected? "

You assume people care enough. Alas, they don't. Most are apathetic on such issues, many are just plain idiots and some positively welcome a more "controlled" society where the govt is supreme overseer, it means they don't need to think for themselves.

But in reality, for an RFID chip scheme to succeed it will only do so if the people want it. And the people are only going to want it if other alternatives have been tried and failed, therefore leaving them no choice. Put it like this, a starving man is a desperate man prepared to do things he otherwise never would. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No, and if it came down to it I would put a gun in my mouth before anyone puts me in a camp.

Also, completely off topic, but it's "people" not ppl.

Cslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Cslaw
@FourWude: is your avatar that one dude from IT crowd, i know its off topic but I MUST KNOW. back on topic, you really think that people would welcome being under absolute control. I mean this RFID shit would pave the way for totalitarianism on a whole other level. if history serves as an example people usually rebel against totalitarian governments, even if it sometimes takes a really long time for them to do so.  
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well we didn't do anything about the TSA, yeah I think americans are conditioned now for that kind of absolute control. We gave up our freedom in the name of security so easily, what else will they give up in the name of security, or financial security. I really think the american ppl might go for it.

As benjamin franklin said, 

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By N7

I will not support digital money.

Did Nanomachines teach us ANYTHING? If it exists within the digital realm with no physical object to which it can be controlled by you, someone else can and will control it. "Oh, the economy is in a mess so you have a spending capacity of under $500 a month now." ID Tagged money, ID Tagged citizens. Sooner or later our money will be monitored and regulated, which will lead to us being monitored and regulated. They will have full economic control. Full citizen control. Full control over the banks, the large corporations, the government, the press. Full control over war itself.

The human race has been about demonstrating our dominance, our power. Marking our territory and scaring off all the big dogs so we can keep it to ourselves. And it wasn't until we figured out, millions of millions of years ago, that we could use what we have to take things from others that we became a race hellbent on killing, destroying, and taking everything for ourselves. "We the people" is nothing but bullshit. It's just a cover that the government uses to mask their true intentions of taking what they want from who they want and killing who they want for their own personal gain. It's all greed, all money. Nothing else matters to them but money and war. And in a state where we are monitored and our money is regulated by them, what freedoms do we share than that of a common insect? At that point in time, our existence, our identity has no meaning and we are just a bunch of tools used to generate money for the well oiled war machine to keep on keeping on and killing and taking and using fear to strike into the hearts of our enemies as a reminder that if you attempt to bite the hand that feeds you, it will unleash a vengeance that you would never have imagined.

So you tell me. Do you support digital money?