What is the point of 4Chan?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

I don't know about the rest of  you, but that website is rather useless. its full of pictures of things once you see, You cannot unsee. tons of spam, retarded replies and all that stuff. i just want to know what the soul purpose of the site is?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas

Websites don't have souls, silly.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

srs business. Also, a discussion on 4chan, really? Wow, this will end well...

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Atlas

If you think there should be a point, it's not for you.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

It's a holding tank for the worst of humanity. Imagine if it didn't exist, where would all the retards, idiots and paedophiles go?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten
@deusdigit:   It's a place for phedofiles.  And I can't recommend that site to anyone else other than phedofiles or maybe inbred morons too, just so they can have something to do too.  
I guess it would have been fun if it was there back when I was like 5 or maybe even 6.  But all I see there is stuff I either drew on a piece of paper back in the good old baby days at school. 

Edit: No idea how to spell the word, so I spell it phedofile(s).  
It's not a word I seem to use that often, really only to tell people what 4chan is for
deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deusdigit
@WitchHunter_Z said:
"It's a holding tank for the worst of humanity. Imagine if it didn't exist, where would all the retards, idiots and paedophiles go? "

You do have a point, but it takes even courage to open a link on that site. Oh My God!
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson
@ZeForgotten: ...Yeah, anyone that uses any of the 4chan boards is obviously a pedo. Obviously. 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's to attract all the idiots of the Internet into one place and lock them in a cage :P.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zeforgotten
@Hitchenson: No doubt about it. 
And I would have no trouble calling the cops if a friend of mine came to me and said he likes, or have even visited 4chan, just to tell the cops that I know he's into small children.  
Even if that isn't the case, it would still make me laugh
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson
@ZeForgotten: So you're an asshole? Huh, okay.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

What's the point of anything? Embrace apathy and the answers will reveal themselves.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Shadow
@Video_Game_King said:
" It's to attract all the idiots of the Internet into one place and lock them in a cage :P. "
Yeah.  It's like system wars on Gamespot, but on a way bigger scale
lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lord_canti

4chan's point to be the place where the internet deficates from in order for more infomation to go on it. coz the internet is a series of tubes

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By wefwefasdf

It is a good website if you want to give out someones number to be harassed... not that I have ever done that or anything.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By emkeighcameron

Yup

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The internet needs a cesspool doesn't it?

And I love to roll in filth. I am moral garbage.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten
@Hitchenson: I am, do you really care? It's not like we're friends or anything.  
If you're into such things, I think it's kinda sick, but it's your thing obviously.  
But I do hope you get some help at some point.  
But having an interest in that stuff on 4chan is not different than people having an interest in Games on Giantbomb.
Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cadmus
@emkeighcameron said:
"Yup

"

YUP!
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Akeldama

the luls

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By psyborg0815

I think you forget that /b/ is only a part of 4chan.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MetalR

What is the point of this topic?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RsistncE

I find it ironic that all the generalizations being hurled at 4chan users are coming from people that can't even grasp proper grammar rules and spelling for the English language.

" what the soul purpose of the site is?"

"where would all the retards, idiots and paedophiles go?"

" It's a place for phedofiles."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psyborg0815 said:
" I think you forget that /b/ is only a part of 4chan. "
True dat. 
I love /x/. Hell, I'm a mod at CreepyPasta.com which tries to compile some of the better stories from it.
A rather lazy one though. I barely do anything.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zeforgotten
@RsistncE: As some of that was directed at me, I am not English speaking to being with, so I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling you that, dear 4Chan lover. 
But the fact that I can't write or speak perfect english does not mean that I can't form an opinion based on what I've seen. 
I don't know what it is with you jobbers over at 4chan, but you seriously get ass hurt over nothing. Mildly pathetic, but that's just my opinion. I guess some of those "people" over there can be "normal"
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho

I am important on the internet doing important things, things on the internet should be important like me with my important things.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RsistncE
@ZeForgotten: You're idiotic on so many levels that I'm sure you've reached some sort of stupidity quota that the internet has set. Congratulations.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Mushir
@RsistncE said:
" I find it ironic that all the generalizations being hurled at 4chan users are coming from people that can't even grasp proper grammar rules and spelling for the English language.

" It's a place for phedofiles." "
You spelled your name wrong. Its "Resistance".
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Expletive

I am definitely not a pedophile, but I have spent a fair amount of time on /b/. 

You  just learn how to ignore the CP.  

P.S I stopped frequenting /b/ or anything on any chan a while ago.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deusdigit
@RsistncE said:

"I find it ironic that all the generalizations being hurled at 4chan users are coming from people that can't even grasp proper grammar rules and spelling for the English language.

" It's a place for phedofiles." "

I hope it feels good to be right.
Yet you wouldn't be able to point out the short comings of others if they used the grammar check button. 

edit: and This is coming from a guy named RsistncE , oh the flack you could receive.   
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RsistncE
@Twilight: /facepalm
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Famov

I was once, in my more noobish days, directed to that website by a friend. I did not realize what I was getting myself into, but when I did, I closed down all my browser windows, deleted my internet browsing history, and ran a full system virus scan. I now make sure I know what a website is about before I go there. 

4chan is not funny, it's disgusting. The air of jokes and memes is regularly broken by sincere people with serious social problems. It is not a good place to be.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zeforgotten
@RsistncE said:
" @ZeForgotten: You're idiotic on so many levels that I'm sure you've reached some sort of stupidity quota that the internet has set. Congratulations. "
What did I ever do to insult you?  
I never personally attacked you, did I?  
If you took that personally then you're probably not a 4Chan-dude, and then I'm sorry if I jumped to a conclusion like that. 
No wait, you no what. I never insulted you, so I'm not sorry. 
But thanks, for giving me a reason :D 

And thank you, for being so kind. I thought 4chan had achieved that way before I did.  
I guess that means I'm better than 4chan.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Mushir
@RsistncE said:
" @Twilight: /facepalm "
*facepalm*  for not understanding it was a joke.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RsistncE
@ZeForgotten said:
" @RsistncE: As some of that was directed at me, I am not English speaking to being with, so I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling you that, dear 4Chan lover. But the fact that I can't write or speak perfect english does not mean that I can't form an opinion based on what I've seen. I don't know what it is with you jobbers over at 4chan, but you seriously get ass hurt over nothing. Mildly pathetic, but that's just my opinion. I guess some of those "people" over there can be "normal" "
Again, your ignorance has gotten the best of you because I don't even USE 4chan let alone /b/. I just find it incredibly stupid when people make rash generalizations that are blatantly false. You can form all the opinions you want on what you've seen but by the sounds of what you have seen hasn't been very much at all.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RsistncE
@Twilight: Actually I was trying to make a subtle reference to 4chan by sarcastically using the "/facepalm" hahaha. Sarcasm doesn't work well on the internets, we both lose :S
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hitchenson

Let's lighten the mood in this shitty thread until it's locked, shall we? 

No Caption Provided
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RsistncE
@deusdigit: I'm just pointing out how stupid the same people are that are making assumptions like, "4chan is where all the idiots and pedos are". If people think they are so awesome on their moral and intellectual high ground then they better be able to back that up with some substance. Either way, I think most people here recognize how stupid some of the claims people are making here are, so there's no point in arguing it.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By inkeiren

I've gone there a couple times. I don't go there anymore. Generalizations can be made about specific boards, but not 4chan as a whole. I once went to the music section to read a lengthy post meditating on the use of harmony in classical music. I'm not joking.

The caliber of discussion greatly varies from board to board. Of course, you wouldn't know this if you only went to /b/. I went to /b/ once. I've regretted it ever since.

4chan is more complicated than "Nice" or "Evil". It's a mix of  the worst the internet can offer and some fairly good content; You just have to go to the right areas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RsistncE: I know! Everybody knows that all the pedos and idiots are on the Giant Bomb forums
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RsistncE
@Hitchenson said:
" Let's lighten the mood in this shitty thread until it's locked, shall we? 

No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zeforgotten
@RsistncE said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @RsistncE: As some of that was directed at me, I am not English speaking to being with, so I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by calling you that, dear 4Chan lover. But the fact that I can't write or speak perfect english does not mean that I can't form an opinion based on what I've seen. I don't know what it is with you jobbers over at 4chan, but you seriously get ass hurt over nothing. Mildly pathetic, but that's just my opinion. I guess some of those "people" over there can be "normal" "
Again, your ignorance has gotten the best of you because I don't even USE 4chan let alone /b/. I just find it incredibly stupid when people make rash generalizations that are blatantly false. You can form all the opinions you want on what you've seen but by the sounds of what you have seen hasn't been very much at all. "
I've seen plenty of stuff outside of /b/ that can be called "sick" and "disgusting" too, if that's what you're wondering?  
I've seen perfectly funny stuff go to shits because of the majority of morons on there either dumping a picture of a kid getting raped by her dad or chicks eating shit. 
And as I said, I'm sorry that I thought you were a 4channer. I wasn't trying to insult you or anything like that, an none of the stuff I wrote was ever directed at you, and yet somehow you get pissed off.  

Me, whatever. I hope there's no hard feelings or anything, I mean like no problems or something. You seem very angry for no reason at all. Other than me not being able to spell so you can understand it 

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By turbomonkey138

Its the cancer of the internet .

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

4chan is like the skid row of the internet.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@ZeForgotten said:
" @deusdigit:   It's a place for phedofiles.  And I can't recommend that site to anyone else other than phedofiles or maybe inbred morons too, just so they can have something to do too.  I guess it would have been fun if it was there back when I was like 5 or maybe even 6.  But all I see there is stuff I either drew on a piece of paper back in the good old baby days at school.   Edit: No idea how to spell the word, so I spell it phedofile(s).  It's not a word I seem to use that often, really only to tell people what 4chan is for "
Fail.  ph makes a F sound. Fedofiles?
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zeforgotten
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @deusdigit:   It's a place for phedofiles.  And I can't recommend that site to anyone else other than phedofiles or maybe inbred morons too, just so they can have something to do too.  I guess it would have been fun if it was there back when I was like 5 or maybe even 6.  But all I see there is stuff I either drew on a piece of paper back in the good old baby days at school.   Edit: No idea how to spell the word, so I spell it phedofile(s).  It's not a word I seem to use that often, really only to tell people what 4chan is for "
Fail.  ph makes a F sound. Fedofiles? "
I've already been over that, read other posts and don't fail as much as I do ;) 
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ghostiet
What is the point of 4Chan?
The lulz, obviously!
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Famov
@RsistncE said:
" @deusdigit: I'm just pointing out how stupid the same people are that are making assumptions like, "4chan is where all the idiots and pedos are". If people think they are so awesome on their moral and intellectual high ground then they better be able to back that up with some substance. Either way, I think most people here recognize how stupid some of the claims people are making here are, so there's no point in arguing it. "

@TeflonBilly said:
" @RsistncE: I know! Everybody knows that all the pedos and idiots are on the Giant Bomb forums "

You guys want substance? Then fine, let us do an experiment. 

How many of us still live at home? I do, as I will not be able to move out for a least 2-3 years. As such, my time spent on the family computer is not necessarily private. My parents/sister can walk by and see what's on my screen. The computer is in the living room, after all. 

So, let's pretend this is true for all of us. Would we be secure in letting our parents and siblings see giantbomb on our computer screens? The answer for me is an unequivocal yes. I am proud to spend time here and I am never (at worst, rarely) worried that I will run into NSFW content while on the website. I never have to explain any of the website's content.

Now how about 4chan? Would any of us leave the 4chan message board up on our screens as people walked by? Would we check on 4chan while at work or school where our peers can see the content and judge us accordingly? I am going to assume the answer is no for all of us, and for obvious reasons. 

Certainly you can see the difference, and if you cannot, the misunderstanding is yours.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By eroticfishcake

Since it's an image board without strict rules (if there even are any) everyone posts up whatever they wish, which other people find humourous. That's just the consequence of too much freedom. It's become the hive of scum and villiany on the internet.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By psyborg0815
@Famov: 
You're saying that you're proud to visit a website and you wouldn't want people/your friends to know who you really are, if you visited 4chan? I think you've got some problems.

If I'm bored in class, I check 4chan to see some funny threads or tits ... maybe even funny threads with tits.