• 87 results
#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (746 posts) -

I occasionally like to get my snack on when I play my videogames. My go to for snackage is usually some corn-chips and a glass full of iced coca-cola. What is your "Gamer Grub"?

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

I don't eat while playing but I usually get some nachos goin for a quick look or 2.

#3 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Chicken Quesadilla. So easy to make, like a Mexican grilled cheese except waaaay better.

#4 Posted by adam1808 (1498 posts) -

A Branston Pickle and Cheese sandwich.

#5 Posted by Ares42 (2666 posts) -

If I ever eat while playing it's either pizza or hot-dogs, or something else that's easy to scarf down without making a mess.

#6 Posted by TehBuLL (612 posts) -

Roasted almonds - no salt / coke zero.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

Can't eat nothing without making my hands all greasy and screwing everything up.

Though occasionally I'll get and eat a focaccia bread and try to use the bag it comes in to stop it from gettif on my hands.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Yeah I don't really eat while playing games, nor do I listen to any music or anything like that. When I want to play a game I will go and play a game, if I get hungry I will turn the game off and go grab something to eat.

I aways have my Bobble with me at all times though, drinking is a different matter.

#9 Posted by slyspider (1229 posts) -

Hot and Spicy Cheeze itz.... Nommy Nommy

#10 Posted by NathHaw (2775 posts) -

Definitely not something I eat with my hands alone. Have to have a fork or something. I don't like the idea of handling a controller and eating with my hands.

#11 Posted by LikeaSsur (1532 posts) -

M&M's, because they're the only non-messy snack food in the house.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4677 posts) -

I don't eat when playing games. I don't want to get food particles on my controllers. Plus if I am playing a game, I am going to focus solely on it, not divide my attention with food.

#13 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

When watching Quick Looks, I will occasionally have some popcorn with Parmesan cheese and Old Bay seasoning sprinkled on top. Nothing while actually gaming, though, save for a handy bottle of mineral water. 

#14 Posted by Fattony12000 (7416 posts) -

The life force of my enemies.

#15 Posted by tutuboy95 (90 posts) -

I can eat anything if I'm playing a game, but I'm less likely to do so with a sandwich that requires both hands, except in the off-chance that I'm playing a DS game where one finger can suffice (Ace Attorney or Layton usually).

More often than not, though, whether I'm playing a console or a handheld, I usually get something that can be eaten with one hand and are bite-sized. These are typically Cheez-Its, or berries, like Strawberries or Blueberries.

#16 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

grapes... i love to munch on grapes.

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Chex Mix.

#18 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

peanuts and Canadian Club

#19 Posted by GnomeonFire (745 posts) -

Cherries and Water.

#20 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

A mug of tea.

#21 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

#22 Posted by falserelic (5437 posts) -

I drink a bottle of hot sauce, nah just kidding. It really depends on what I have and feel like eating at the moment.

#23 Edited by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

Water, tea or milk mostly. Sometimes a coke or similar, I tend to stay away from solids when playing games...

#24 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

General snack foods, don't have one in particular. I prefer a drink to food, though.

#25 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

cotton candy

#26 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Doritos but theyre the worst because stuff gets on your fingers and you have to wash your hands

#27 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Celery.

#28 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

Usually tea or flavored water. Sometimes a granola bar. Apparently I eat like a sissy when I play games.

#29 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Doritos and Cheetos!

#30 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Bullshark testosterone...just like my hero Brucie Kibbutz.

#31 Posted by DeF (4892 posts) -

I don't like to eat during gaming sessions. It's usually something that greases up my fingers and that's gonna mess up the controller/keys/mouse.

#32 Posted by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

I don't eat anything while playing games. But I do drink a lot of water, and some coffee every now and then.

#33 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -
#34 Posted by Taborlin (177 posts) -

Shit loads of yoghurts.

#35 Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116 (253 posts) -

I don't really eat, but in between cut scenes and loading screens, I will have a sip or two of Brisk

#36 Posted by teh_destroyer (3567 posts) -

Beer, hot dogs or pizza involved. I do like some Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips involved with it also.

#37 Edited by NTM (7379 posts) -

I don't eat when I play games, if I drink anything it's either water or mocha, either monsters mocha's, or I make my own. Also, I never call food grub.

#38 Posted by Ben_H (3361 posts) -

Usually corn chips of some sort, maybe Diet Pepsi/Coke Zero. I do on occasion eat lunch while playing games on my days off.

#39 Edited by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

Mountain Dew, Monster, or Water. Eating and gaming only serves to make a mess.

#40 Posted by Kscorps (55 posts) -

I'll eat anything while gaming, though foods that are cleaner are preferred.

Craisins FTW.

#41 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Wet saltines and mustard.

#42 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Usually a huge jug of water which I sometimes confuse with my huge jug of piss. I keep them both next to my poop sock.

#43 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I do not snack. If I would snack, it'd be on pushups. That's how I consume my gamer's rage actually.

My drink of choice is either strong black coffee (not more than 2 mugs a day) or 1 part fruit juice in 10 parts of water. Cranberry juice or a Strawberry&Apple&Orange vitamin juice. Green Tea, if I manage to buy some mild and sweet variety.

#44 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Whatever I'm hungry for at that moment.

#45 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@jorbear said:

A breakfast burrito and a Bundaberg soda.

Those Bundaberg sodas sound fantastic.

#46 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Diet Coke. I've made a point of not eating food stuffs while gaming as that's how you get those nasty ass controllers you later give to your friends.

#47 Posted by ch3burashka (5081 posts) -

My gamer grub is guilt, because that's what immediately comes after any gamer grub. I'm trying to stick to a healthy diet, so the inevitable violation leads to a sense a stupidity at making such a stupid decision.

After berating myself, however, I'll take the unorthodox choice and say... ice cream sandwiches (neopolitan). Their fragile state only enforces my need to stuff my face with them. I went through half a box yesterday. Felt so bad, but it felt so goood...

#48 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I eat large quantities of whatever horrible food is available at the time whether that be deep dish pepperoni, and mushroom pizza, Chinese food, hamburgers, ice cream etc. It all makes me feel like a bloated cow afterwards, but really enhances the gaming experience.

#49 Posted by ripelivejam (3967 posts) -

turkey leg

#50 Edited by ripelivejam (3967 posts) -

@Akrid said:

a

(as an aside probably top 10 PA for me. the post attached was also classic Tycho.)