#1 Posted by flatluigi (47 posts) -

It can be from any time, but try not to say 'I got this really hard achievement' -- make it count.

My favorite was when I took a day off a few summers ago and beat Super Mario World 100% without a guide. Still one of my favorite games ever.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#3 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1120 posts) -

Beating Vergil as Vergil in DMC3 on normal difficulty. I think I did it in less than 3 or 4 minuets, but I know that I got an overall S after doing it.

#4 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

Getting through the dream levels in Max Payne without a guide and within ten minutes in both instances. You've cleared the game, you know what I'm talking about.

#5 Posted by MrDorkins (38 posts) -

Beating CoD4s campaign on veteran, then realizing I had had one of those intel bonuses on.

#6 Edited by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

Beating the fourth screen of IWBTG.

#7 Posted by me3639 (1765 posts) -

Probably beating Call of Duty World at War on Vetern, and completeing Drabon Age Origins. The first because of perseverance through the utter BS Treyarch created, and the latter becasue i usually just get bored or give up, but the 60 or so hours was worth the time for once. 

#8 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Getting 1000 gamerscore in Call of Duty: 4. 

#9 Posted by Lelcar (620 posts) -

Getting Platinum in Modern Warfare 2, that includes fully completing veteran and special ops; getting platinum in Final Fantasy XIII, and finally beating the original Legend of Zelda.
#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4648 posts) -

I feel like I'm wasting it, but I'll go with this...

The first time I beat the Maneater boss in Demon's Souls with my mage character.  For those who are uninformed, this boss is a giant, aggressive gargoyle that you fight on a narrow bridge.  Being Demon's Souls, you can fall off the side of this bridge, which Maneater's charge attack will force pretty often.  The best part is that just when you figure out a sound strategy to deal with him you hear a distant roar and then another life bar pops up on screen as a second Maneater boss comes charging at you.  Oh yeah, my character's defense was so weak that he one-hit killed me, too.

#11 Posted by Shirogane (3578 posts) -

S ranking all the Ultimate Skill challanges in Yakuza 3. 

Completing almost all of the RA3 commanders challenges under par time. Didn't manage to get al of them, but i got close. Would've gotten them all if i continued playing it.
#12 Posted by Jemenez (274 posts) -

I did Elf's RSF 6 times.

go me

#13 Posted by Spoonybard37 (300 posts) -

Completing Blazblue's ridiculous score attack mode.

#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Heh, I've just been talking about this without another GB member, but my greatest video game accomplishment was being ranked 5th in the world overall on Xbox Live in Sid Meier's Pirates! 

Also, getting 100% completion in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City without the use of codes is another accomplishment I feel really good about. 

Oh, and getting 100% in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 twice, and being able to knock all out of the goals in each level in a single 2-minute run, which couldn't always be done because they move the placement of certain things, but I could still do it most of the time.

As for future accomplishments, right now I'm trying to get 100% in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

#15 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

I was super proud of the time I beat the first Sly Cooper. I was in kind of a phase where I wasn't finishing games, so when I did that, I knew that I could indeed apply myself to a game again.

#16 Posted by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -

I would have to say beating all of the original L4D campaigns on expert without using any glitches and/or cheats. Took me a month!

#17 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

Resident Evil 2. 
 Leon, Scenario A. 
 A Ranking.  
1 Hours 12 minutes. 

At the time (secondary school) I had no idea this was faster than the record by a full 9 minutes, and also had no way of recording it either :(

#18 Posted by Maxynator (159 posts) -

Finishing all agility orbs in Crackdown, without any guides. That was the best feeling ever, and that is sad.

#19 Posted by Mariek430 (409 posts) -

Water Temple in Ocarina of time, and I guess some of the raid bosses in EQ back before Planes Of Power.

#20 Edited by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

Left 4 dead 1 and 2 on expert. Ellis and Bill. The bridge level at the end of 2 took me hours, and I had a lot of trouble with the bayou level. 
EDIT: by myself with AI.
#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" Proving this guy wrong. "
You do realize that this is 2010 right? I mean you can play whatever the fuck you want, its none of my business, but it's kinda sad that you're stuck in the past, always on about those old ass 80s games
#22 Posted by Murdouken (709 posts) -

I was with 3 friends online (So 4 of us total) playing Company of Heroes against 4 AI all on the highest difficulty. We'd been losing for the entire match, until they'd pushed us back to one bridge that funneled them DIRECTLY into our base if they managed to take it. The bridge was made of concrete so we couldn't blow it up (though we did do that with the other wooden bridges) so this was the final line of defence. They threw their tanks at us, and many of them managed to break through, but kept playing. After about 3 or 4 hours, I managed to get a US ranger group across there to sneak around and hide in a nearby house. When they sent their next line of tanks, my rangers blew them up and then my friends brought out their heavy tanks and we swept through the entire map and took every point within 5 minutes. Was incredibly satisfying.

#23 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

Completing CoD4 on Veteran, especially the last level.

#24 Posted by TwoLines (2813 posts) -

Launching the goddamn gnome into space!

#25 Posted by Tonylope (194 posts) -

Getting 100% in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and yes that means every single STUPID ship part.

#26 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

Finishing GTA3 in 100%. No guides, no anything and I received NOTHING in return.

#27 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

Halo ODST:  Vidmaster Challenge Deja Vu 
Complete Highway on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and no 'Hog or Scorpion.  

It is not because it was an achievement, it is because it was a true test of cooperation and one of the most tense and rewarding gaming experiences I have ever had. You get to the little town at the end and you realize the worst is over and it's a truly amazing feeling.

#28 Edited by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Video_Game_King said:

You do realize that this is 2010 right? I mean you can play whatever the fuck you want, its none of my business, but it's kinda sad that you're stuck in the past, always on about those old ass 80s games "
This was one of the most pathetic and ignorant posts I ever read.
#29 Posted by Arjuna (888 posts) -
Aperture Science, for Portal in the Orange Box.  Only the elite and the dedicated need apply.
#30 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

All the masks in Majora's Mask. It was quite an amazing feeling as a kid.

#31 Posted by sdauz (430 posts) -

getting insanity on ME2 done and having blast doing it, getting to lvl 60 on ME1 (ME1>ME2, sorry i know ppl will think im wrong), getting the achievement for GTAIV under 40 hrs without aiming for it on the first go

#32 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

My first 1 credit clear of dragon's lair at the arcade when I was a kid. 
There was a crowd of people around me while I played and I got a free pizza for being the first to clear it with one credit. 

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
You do realize that this is 2010 right? I mean you can play whatever the fuck you want, its none of my business, but it's kinda sad that you're stuck in the past, always on about those old ass 80s games "

A,) That's clearly a 90s game. Just looking at the sprites is enough.
B.) What the hell do you want from me? "I beat COD4 on Veteran?" "I got through a Marth-only run on Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon?" Hard is hard.
C.) Always? Look at my last blog, as a lot of those games aren't even from the 90s. Or 80s. And fuck it, the 70s, too.
#34 Posted by Laticsfan (596 posts) -

I finished Desert bus once... 

<_< 

>_> 

<_<

#35 Posted by Solarus (269 posts) -

That's a tought one. I have a ton of gaming achievements that I'm really proud about. In recent memory, it was probably getting my final gold medallion in Mission mode for Ninja Gaiden 2 (the XBox 360 version). Took me a very long time and a lot of dedication to do, but when I finally finished mission mode in its entirety, I felt like a huge load was lifted off my shoulders.

#36 Posted by brandt (66 posts) -

Beat the first Splinter Cell without killing anyone, mostly prompted by reading in a magazine that it was possible. 

Also. Playing Oblivion on the hardest difficulty for a few weeks not understanding why the easiest enemies took 5 minutes to defeat. 
After lowering the difficulty the rest of the game was a cakewalk.

#37 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

My gamerscore I guess. (Click my mini bio.)

#38 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

hitting the 300 hour mark and getting all the achievements on oblivion

#39 Posted by rathantoras (192 posts) -

Literally doing everything in the last two elder scrolls (PC versions).

#40 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -

Getting the platinum trophy in Demon's Soul, inFamous and God Of War Collections. Completing Mass Effect 2 on Insanity, on my first play-through I should add. Also getting 1000 achievement points in Mass Effect 2 as-well