Whose action was worse: Derek Jeter faking getting hit by a ball or Alex Rodriguez yelling out to confuse infielders on a popup?

gave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By gave1
Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

A-Rod one hundred percent.  People pretend to get hit by pitches all the time, but shouting at dudes who are trying to catch the ball is something you do in little league.  Someone should slap that guy.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

Both are bad and they should be ashamed of it.  I don't care that everybody acts about getting hit.  It is still cheating and destroying your sport.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zidane_24

A-Rod, for sure. 

Also, hidden option C: Favre throwing himself at that dude's knees.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By christ0phe

I think they A-Rod thing was pretty smart

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By bwooduhs

So im guessing your not a Yankees supporter...

beef209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By beef209

It has to be Jeter because the guy A-Rod distracted could have ignored him while the pitcher had no recourse against Jeter.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

A-Rod's was not cool. Remember when he tried to slap the ball out of the first baseman's glove. 

Jeter went a little overboard. Hell, even the trainer came out. I hope his bat was okay. But his reminded me of a flop in basketball on a charge call.

Do they teach this shit to Yankee players? Why are they always the ones to do it? Maybe my sinking ship Braves need to take a class.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox

No preference. Jocks are just dicks in general. Both of these things are expected of such neanderthals.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By metalmoog

More typical Yankee bullshit.  Yankee players are robots, made by the Yankee organization.  "Cut your hair off, shave your facial hair, pour your personality down the toilet, we need robots not people dammit!".  Fuck the Yankees and their fans!

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hosstile17

I am no Yankees fan. But, both are perfectly legal. It is up to the umpire at the plate to make the call if Jeter got hit or not. Also, it is up to the fielders to make a play. Getting inside someone's head is all part of the game. It isn't golf, people don't have to be quiet.

Talon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Talon64

The A-Rod incident was definitely worse. Guys fake being hit all the time but what A-Rod did was rare and especially low. 
But I'm a Blue Jays fan so of course I'm going to think what A-Rod did was worse, objectively or subjectively. lol

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Bruce

I'm a Bronx boy, so as long as the Yankees win I'm fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The Yankees are pure evil and every time they lose I get a spring in my step.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ajamafalous
@Hosstile17 said:
" I am no Yankees fan. But, both are perfectly legal. It is up to the umpire at the plate to make the call if Jeter got hit or not. Also, it is up to the fielders to make a play. Getting inside someone's head is all part of the game. It isn't golf, people don't have to be quiet. "
This is how I feel.

That'd be like not allowing defensive NFL players to say anything before the ball's snapped because it might confuse the offense.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By one_2nd

If you've ever been to a baseball game, or ever played the game you'd realize that both of these things are just part of the game. I didn't vote because of this. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Milkman

Uh, how about neither? Jeter didn't "pretend" to get by the ball. The umpire thought the ball hit him instead of the bat so Jeter wasn't going to say "Oh, no ump, that ball didn't hit me". So he did a little acting afterwards so what? People do it all the time. As for the A-Rod thing, once again, a non-issue. If a fan yells at a player trying to make a catch, is that fan an asshole? It's not that hard to concentrate on catching the damn ball.  

Just a bunch of Yankee haters. What else is new?

brutal_bisp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By brutal_bisp

I hate the Yankees, but FUCK. Everyone is making a big deal about this Derek Jeter shit. Who gives a fuck? Are you people really that upset? Blame the ump, he missed the call.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By rjayb89

It ain't bad if it isn't illegal, bro.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoelTGM
@Milkman said:
" Uh, how about neither? Jeter didn't "pretend" to get by the ball. The umpire thought the ball hit him instead of the bat so Jeter wasn't going to say "Oh, no ump, that ball didn't hit me". So he did a little acting afterwards so what? People do it all the time. As for the A-Rod thing, once again, a non-issue. If a fan yells at a player trying to make a catch, is that fan an asshole? It's not that hard to concentrate on catching the damn ball.   Just a bunch of Yankee haters. What else is new? "
Whatever, dishonesty and poor sportsmanship sucks.  I don't care if people "do it all the time", they shouldn't pull that crap it's not right. 
brutal_bisp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By brutal_bisp

You know, I'm not sure if any of you know this but, when the ball hits the bat near the base traveling at those speeds the contact reverberates through the bat into the hands and wrist. Thus, hurting like a bitch. Have any of you played baseball? Also, anyone could tell by the sound of the contact that the ball hit wood, not flesh. The ump should have caught that.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By me3639

It just shows their true character on the field, as well as off. Always stay mindful of this saying: If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it must be a duck.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By gla55jAw

A-rod is the biggest douche.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The A-Rod thing seemed pretty low for a professional athlete.