• 58 results
ripsaw117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ripsaw117

the utter lack of ignorant fanboys who know absolutely nothing... Everyone is reasonable and friendly, (although i do miss the hilarious trolling on gamespot) and people can discuss games with people who KNOW what there talking about.... without major amounts of butthurt and anguish. Thank you that is all ^_^..

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

The Wii was the shit this generation and don't you forget it.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

We are more reasonable most of the time, which is why I enjoy this site. That and Vinny. And Drew...

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TentPole

Fuck Skyrim

ripsaw117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ripsaw117

Was there ever any major flame wars? like here i mean?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dany

@ripsaw117 said:

Nope. At least I hope not...

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By McGhee

It only gets nasty when someone creates a douchey or offensive topic. Then we have open season on their ass until the thread gets locked. It's my guilty pleasure.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By bassman2112

360 sux, Jaguar all the way.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@McGhee said:

It only gets nasty when someone creates a douchey or offensive topic. Then we have open season on their ass until the thread gets locked. It's my guilty pleasure.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Go read the comments on the Mario Kart review.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar
@Dany said:

@ripsaw117 said:

Hey, Hey, Hey you go take that wack ass 3 button Sega Genesis controller and stick it with all the crappy add ons. Wha, don't want to be catridge based anymore, well the Sega CD didn't do shit, and hows the 32x going for ya? SNES any day foo. Mode 7 background layer for life. 
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Slaker117

There is definitely shit we get petty about, but yeah, the widespread idiotic fanboy flamewar crap is thankfully absent here.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By herocide

@StaticFalconar said:

@Dany said:

@ripsaw117 said:

Hey, Hey, Hey you go take that wack ass 3 button Sega Genesis controller and stick it with all the crappy add ons. Wha, don't want to be catridge based anymore, well the Sega CD didn't do shit, and hows the 32x going for ya? SNES any day foo. Mode 7 background layer for life.

What's great is even this is more intelligent than anything you'd find on Gamespot or GameFAQs.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Claude
AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlKusanagi

RyanPatrick ER is terribad!

VinnyJeff 4eva!111!!!

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TentPole

There is some weird political, religious, philosophical bashing that happens sometimes. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But other than that and some mostly harmless trolling it is pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Claude
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic

console n00b fagz

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DopeToast

The people here can be a little pretentious sometimes (myself included), but that is normal for the internet, and it never gets to the point where I don't want to come back. I love it here.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By zagzagovich

@Bassman2112:

What are you talking about? Are you dense or something? Jaguar sucks ass. It's exclusives are laughable, it has sub-par processing power, minuscule amount of RAM and a sound chip made by lamas. Get a 3DO for Christ's sake. Although your obviously inferior mind will not be able to withstand the perfection of it's design. 16.7 million colors at a 480p resolution. What? PERFECTION. There will never be a better console that is not made by Panasonic.

And then there are the Games (no typo here, all of them deserve to be called games with a capital G). Return Fire, The Horde, Star Control 2, Snatcher, Space Pirates and dozens more! Sure some of them were released on other platforms but when you go 3DO you don't go back. Better sound, better graphics = better fun factor.

It's such a hit that 3 different companies bought the rights to make it. Now you "DO THE MATH". 25Mhz graphics processor x 2 of them x 640 x 480 pixels of resolution x SUPER fast BUS speed of 50 Megabytes per second x 3 companies x 16.7 million colors = BEST SYSTEM EVER

I'm so sorry that some people in the world have to live with such impurities like Jaguar but perhaps one day people will see the superiority of Panasonic's life giving device.

GreatlyAmused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GreatlyAmused

The main reason may be that people come here more for the personalities than for coverage of their favourite consoles. Hell, I watch videos for games that I'd never buy just because Vinny and Jeff are being assholes on tape for my entertainment.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I'm always butthurt about everything.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CptChiken

I think the closest that we ever get to flame wars is the undue hate for patrick... thankfully that seems to have mostly stopped.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Claude
@CptChiken said:

I think the closest that we ever get to flame wars is the undue hate for patrick... thankfully that seems to have mostly stopped.

Patrick's review of Skyward Sword sucked ass. It read like something out of a tangential dream. His video review was much better, but then came the asshole comment in the Nolan North interview. Good times.
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vodun

Sarcasm is this site's major "fault" as I'm sure you see from the responses you're getting. Sooo much sarcasam. I of course never partake, because I'm suuuch a good person! Ah crap.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Claude
@Vodun said:

Sarcasm is this site's major "fault" as I'm sure you see from the responses you're getting. Sooo much sarcasam. I of course never partake, because I'm suuuch a good person! Ah crap.

We prefer to call it snarcasm. As in being, snarcastic.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Milkman
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Claude
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Milkman

@ZagZagovich: Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy. That's all I have to say. There's no space cats on the 3DO. Therefore, it sucks balls. ATARI WILL ALWAYS BE KING!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Subjugation

There was the great subscriber vs. non-subscriber civil war of '11. Thankfully all was resolved in due course by Lincoln Force emancipating our minds.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By vaiz

@Subjugation said:

There was the great subscriber vs. non-subscriber civil war of '11. Thankfully all was resolved in due course by Lincoln Force emancipating our minds.

We forget the great FUCK YOUR BOMBCAST, PAY ME riots of '10, solved by the Big Live Live Show Live.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Emilio

So what happened to that fellow that used to post as the Hulk?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#35  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, things on the forums may not always go perfectly but the major lack of fanboys is one of the things I really like about the community as well, especially after the rubbish I've witnessed on other video game websites.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Twitchey
@ripsaw117: I remember there was once a member who seemed to be very passionate about Halo. He would back up his claims though so I guess he wasn't too bad.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Twitchey: If I know who you mean, it's because most of the time there was a lot of undue negativity about the series (which has now mostly passed onto Call of Duty). I don't think there's anything wrong with loving a series of games, or hating one for that matter, as long as there's a decent reason to. There is a lot of hate for the Wii around here.. but who's going to argue?

There have been a few really bad fanboys in the past, but most of them seem to have left/been banned. GB does a good job of making people with those opinions unwelcome and it stops others from doing the same.

mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mortal_sb

MODERN WARFARE YOU GUYS.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Carlos1408

Keepin' it real is Giant Bomb's expertise... The real deal!

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CptChiken

@Claude: I wont lie that he should proof read his articles WAY more than he does, but you cant say that some of the stuff people say about him isnt over the top.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Dany said:

We are more reasonable most of the time, which is why I enjoy this site. That and Vinny. And Drew...

I've no opinion either way whatsoever on this but I'm asking out of curiosity since you posted and probably want people to read [and understand] your post, are you saying "and drew and vinny" because they're awesome or because they're sexually attractive to you personally? 
You know, with that avatar of the gay dude from GoT, and your thread on male actor crushes, etc.. Again no opinions or judgement involved :P
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zero_

And while there are less problems you would find elsewhere, there are certainly some problematic areas that I don't know how much has improved, like, is GB still really weird to chicks?

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZombieSpace

WHY WONT YOU PLAY THE GAME RIGHT.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@Zero_ said:

And while there are less problems you would find elsewhere, there are certainly some problematic areas that I don't know how much has improved, like, is GB still really weird to chicks?

Giant Bomb is rather male focused, and male focused websites generally pretty weird towards female members. But Giant Bomb isn't that bad. It's certainly not as bad as some other sites. The only cases I can think of where a female user was singled out primarily due to their gender, the user was being somewhat attention seeking. There are plenty of female users who get along just like any other user. And it has been like that since day one. I'm sure it's still not perfect, but it could be far worse.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mazik765

@ZagZagovich said:

@Bassman2112:

What are you talking about? Are you dense or something? Jaguar sucks ass. It's exclusives are laughable, it has sub-par processing power, minuscule amount of RAM and a sound chip made by lamas.

I think you mean llamas....unless you meant Tibetan holy men made the sound chip...which would be kind of awesome.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@StaticFalconar: Nothing wack ass about that controller...NOTHING!!! That design was revolutionary I tell you. Curved controllers are the standard now, no one uses straight ass controllers like Nintendo.

As for the Sega CD; we have the arguably the best Sonic game, the definitive version of Earthworm Jim and the start of the Lunar series. 32x = Night Trap, enough said.

"Wait SEGA, your telling me I can add stuff to my already awesome looking console to make it look like some sort of robot beast of a device? Hell yeah, that's much better than those grey boxes Nintendo's putting out...the ones that turn yellow." Also, forget the Genesis name its all about the (commence Ronnie James Dio impersonation) Meeeeggggaaaaa Drrrriiiiivvvvvveeeee!!!!!

The Japanese Mega Drive is the BEST looking console there is, just look at that thing...I LOVE IT!!!

No Caption Provided

Yeah your right there's an "utter lack of ignorant fanboys". Joking aside for one moment, there really is a great community here.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By GunstarRed

@IkariNoTekken: The first Mega Drive I played/borrowed looked like that, but it was white. You had to put another cartridge type thing into it and then plug the game into that. Unfortunately the only game I got to play on it was James Pond: Robocod.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#48  Edited By jacksukeru

@ZombieSpace said:

WHY WONT YOU PLAY THE GAME RIGHT.

IVE TOLD YOU IM RECORDING AND TALKING WITH VINNY AT THE SAME TIME! IM TOTALLY SPLITTING MY ATTENTION HERE, IT'S NOT THAT EASY YOU SHOULD TRY IT YOURSELF IF YOU DONT GET IT DUMBFACE!

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zagzagovich

@mazik765:

Would I say that an absurd animal is able to craft such a glorious piece of XXI century technology? Sir, are you calling me an idiot? Because I will not stand such accusations.

:

There we go, a true childish face of an ATARIHEAD. Probably still crying himself at night about how wrong the Tetris deal went back in the 80's. I'm sure it's hard to live with an "entertainment machine" that is on the level of a Tiger Telematics handheld game.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By AlexW00d

Well a lot of users seem to feel the need to attack anyone who disagrees with an opinion the staff may hold, and we have occasional bouts of idiot troll users appear, but other than that, the community is all right.