Steam Summer Sale

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@sparky_buzzsaw: Saw Loyd Case tweet this earlier. Most likely what is up.

https://twitter.com/loydcase/status/355877641687035905/photo/1

On another note I can't believe some of you are already tapped out. I've been playing the patient card here. Just waiting. I'm really hoping DmC goes on sale. I already put 90 hours yes... you read that right 90 hours into the base game on PS3 but I'd really like to see the game running at a proper 60fps on PC. Also Rogue Legacy is my other game I'm sort of mending my time waiting for. We'll see if either one pops up soon. DmC has to though right? It seems like a game that would end up on a sale like this.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jakob187 said:

Really debating on Bully and Magicka. $6 for the pair is a fucking steal, but at the same time, I'm already getting close to the end of my budget for THIS week of the sale...and I'm waiting to see Skyrim LE go on a big sale.

Skyrim LE was a flash sale yesterday, when I was lucky enough to snag it for $36. That's probably the best it's gonna get, unless GMG pulls some crazy shit and beats that, PLUS their incredible 25% off codes, thus causing me to hate everything.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I could see both of those hitting a flash sale, sure. DmC's one I've been waiting a while for a good deal on, so I hope I can snatch that up for like... sub $20? I hope that's not an unreasonable assumption.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By TruthTellah

@demoskinos: Don't worry, I'm right there with you! Holding out until the perfect moment of opportunity to strike upon the unsuspecting deals!

And I'm also looking for a deal on DmC and Rogue Legacy. So, good taste!

Hold!! Hooooolldddd!!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/megatones558/braveheart460.jpg

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Flash Sales have been hooking me up. Yesterday I thought to myself, "I hope Civilization 5 goes on the next Flash Sale." And it did. Likewise for Batman: Arkham City.

yeah fuck yeah

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sparky_buzzsaw: I'll trade you Don't Starve for that extra copy if you're interested =p

@the_laughing_man:Looks like neither of our wishes came true =/ How the hell did Tropico win?

@seancoughing: That's an okay price, there might be a package daily deal but who knows.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Opened my wallet for:

• FTL
  • Hotline Miami
  • Bully
  • Flatout 2

At 9.50€ spent, I am pretty confidant that I'll survive this sale with out going over 25€.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By glots

Magrunner: Dark Pulse going for 14.99€ over here at the moment. Still maybe too much, but if it goes under 10, I could see myself picking it up.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@jmatrix said:

Magrunner: Dark Pulse going for 14.99€ over here at the moment. Still maybe too much, but if it goes under 10, I could see myself picking it up.

Definitely worth picking up. But yeah, you may as well wait to see if it gets a deeper discount later on.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dalai: don't let Phil Fish hear you saying that.

I am really hoping star drive goes on sale. Really been wanting to try it. That or endless space.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By ThunderSlash

I am gonna try to limit myself to around 30 bucks this time around:

So far I've gotten:

• Antichamber
  • Fez
  • Surgeon Simulator 2013
  • System Shock 2
  • Fallout 3 GOTY

So far so good. I'm gonna regret buying these when they pop up in an eventual indie bundle aren't I?

Edit: Updated list!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Picked up Hotline Miami and Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger so far, needed a few smaller games for the rest of the summer, I've cleaned up my small steam library so I feel okay buying stuff again.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

What are peoples thoughts on Sniper Elite V2 and the zombie expansion? I remember enjoying the demo quite a bit and herd that the zombie stand alone is surprisingly fun. Any thoughts would be helpful!!

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Games I've bought so far:

• Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $9.99
  • Dark Souls - $7.50
  • Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $9.99
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - $6.74

Total = ~$35, not bad

Games I'm waiting on:

• Devil May Cry - Hoping this goes down to $20 or less
  • Rogue Legacy - I expect this to go down to 50% off, which would be $7.50

This is a pretty good sale, all things considered.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sackmanjones: Steam achievements and trading cards! I have no idea about the game :P

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

In case anyone was wondering: Heroes VI is a good strategy game that has the misfortune of being from a franchise of great strategy games.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome Star Drive is on sale and I am on my phone and cant get it.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't see anything that really caught my eye from the new daily deals. It seems like the flash sales and community choices are what always surprise me and open up my wallet.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@the_laughing_man: I bought Bully through my phone earlier. It should have all your billing info saved - you just click buy.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, if I want to get the Borderlands 2 DLC I need to grab the season pass, and two characters. The rest is just skins and such right?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man: I bought Bully through my phone earlier. It should have all your billing info saved - you just click buy.

I dont have steam on my phone. Friend texted me the info. Maybe I will get lucky and it will go back on sale.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Resident Evil 5 is 5 bucks. I liked 4. Should I get it?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Barrock

Does anyone want to trade any card for a Skyrim or Dead Island Riptide?

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey said:

Resident Evil 5 is 5 bucks. I liked 4. Should I get it?

Yea its definitely worth that amount of money, it's not quite as good as 4 but I still really enjoyed it.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eurotruck 2, Fez, Universe Sandbox, Battlestations:Pacific. WTF am I going to do with Universe Sandbox and why did I buy it, just because it was $3!?!?

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:

So, if I want to get the Borderlands 2 DLC I need to grab the season pass, and two characters. The rest is just skins and such right?

Yes.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Well damn....Withcer being only 5 today shows how much the steam sale graph is right.

Daily Deal, Flash Deal, or Community Deals from now on until the end

Also, its it recommended to play the Witcher 1 before the Witcher 2?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#230  Edited By TheHT

The list so far:

• Runner 2
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Tomb Raider
jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well damn....Withcer being only 5 today shows how much the steam sale graph is right.

Daily Deal, Flash Deal, or Community Deals from now on until the end

Also, its it recommended to play the Witcher 1 before the Witcher 2?

I'd play Withcer 1 first, it's pretty great on its own right (though quite different) and your choices carry over to the next one. Furthermore, it's a good introduction to the universe and the characters, a buddy of mine tried the 360 version of Witcher 2 and he was somewhat lost when it came to the story, which is the best part about that series.

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gets so far

Ys I.II chronicles.

Ys origins

Ys Oath of felghana.

Tropico 4: Modern Times

Tropico 4

Hotline Miami

Sleeping Dogs

Rogue Warrior

Hunted

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year

Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe

XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC

XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)

The Walking Dead

Strike Suit Infinity

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#233  Edited By Jimbo

Highly recommend Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece.

edit: Rise of the Argonauts is a steal too.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

I dont have steam on my phone. Friend texted me the info. Maybe I will get lucky and it will go back on sale.

I just did it through their mobile site.

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think imma buy Fallout new vegas ultimate edition, also The Witcher Enhanced edition directors cut and probably The Witcher 2. I missed Defiance when it was 10 euros, and now I regret it ;/

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#236  Edited By pr1mus

So far everything is going according to plan. I got what i wanted and haven't lost it on a bunch of games that i'll never play like in the past.

I got Dark Souls, Tomb Raider and the two XCOM DLC because why not, i'll play that game again for sure.

Still holding out for Rogue Legacy and that'll probably be it.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far:

• Rogue Legacy
  • Tomb Raider
  • Hotline Miami

Waiting for:

• Remember Me
  • Magic 2014 (not holding my breath on that one though)
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By jakob187

@barrock said:

Does anyone want to trade any card for a Skyrim or Dead Island Riptide?

If I actually used Steam Guard, I would totally trade one of these three goddamn Torchlight II cards that I keep getting!

Also, I'm a little perturbed that Tomb Raider is available for $13 here when I bought it for $15 on Amazon yesterday, but not THAT perturbed because it's all still under $20.

I'm just waiting for something to pop out. Today's sales just aren't tickling my fancy right now.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Ticket to Ride is on sale for $5 on Steam, but I also discovered this Amazon promotion if you buy the DLC, you get a free download of Ticket to Ride, The Maw and Drip Drop. The DLC is only $2. Not sure if I should make a thread for this or just post it here.

For more info on the deal here's the Slickdeals link.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By jakob187

Pro tip: anyone wanting GRID 2 on the cheaps might want to click on this link, where Direct2Play has it on sale for $24.99. It is a region free key.

Also, I now AM perturbed about that Tomb Raider deal. Why? They are STILL offering the "gooncave" coupon with it. That means you can get Tomb Raider on Amazon for close to $10! That's $5 less than what I paid, which could buy another game with these sale prices! GODDAMMIT!

I sent an e-mail in to see if they can offer a partial refund. If not, oh well. I'll just spend less money at Amazon.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just in case anyone cares: Need For Speed: Most Wanted (last years one) is currently half price on Gamefly's download store. Here. It's only for this weekend though (And if you're in the UK, ShopTo has it physically for less than £10, free delivery).

I've been waiting for this to go on sale for a while. I lost hope when I saw it wasn't on Steam, then I saw that. Thought others might want to know.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Decided to take a chance on Kinetic Void. The ship customization looks pretty cool. It's only the second early access game I've bought along with Under the Ocean.

Kain55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My haul so far:

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

The Last Remnant

Just Cause 2

Tomb Raider

Fez

I wasn't expecting to get much during this sale, but I've already been surprised. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I should buy Borderlands 2. Steam sales are evil I say! Evil! Or something along those lines.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By jakob187

@pillclinton said:

@jakob187 said:

Really debating on Bully and Magicka. $6 for the pair is a fucking steal, but at the same time, I'm already getting close to the end of my budget for THIS week of the sale...and I'm waiting to see Skyrim LE go on a big sale.

Skyrim LE was a flash sale yesterday, when I was lucky enough to snag it for $36. That's probably the best it's gonna get, unless GMG pulls some crazy shit and beats that, PLUS their incredible 25% off codes, thus causing me to hate everything.

I would believe this if it weren't for the fact that I've seen Bethesda games, particularly anything Elder Scrolls and Fallout-related, drop to near-insane prices towards the end of summer/holiday sales. I remember when everyone nearly shit themselves over Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $5.

Therefore, I know it will go lower than $36. If not, I guess I'll buy the base game for $20 or whatever.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far it's been a bunch of DLC still for me. That Borderlands season pass is up for fucking $10 now.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I've only bought Overlord 1 and 2 so far o_o.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#247  Edited By BeachThunder

Everyone is going to vote for SS2, right?

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to demonstrate some restraint after going overboard on last year's summer sale. (To be fair, I was just building my PC at that point so I wanted to have a decent library to test it out and enjoy my first taste of non-console gaming since about 1996.)

The only game I've picked up so far is Witcher 2 for $4.99.

I'm hoping the Skyrim Legendary Edition drops below what it was on the Flash Sale on Day 1. Other than that, Rogue Legacy is probably the only game I actually want. I've been playing the demo and am loving it but I'm going to wait and see if it drops below $11.99. If it doesn't, I'll probably just buy it directly from the developer's website since they have it on sale at that price for another 8 days.

I'll probably grab a few other games if the deal is just too good to pass up on but Skyrim Legendary and Rogue Legacy are the only other things I'm looking to buy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone willing to support the theory that the 10 trading cards from the Summer Getaway badge will all be the daily specials? If so, then I know I should wait for Skyrim and Prison Architect.

It just seems logical since three of those cards have been on sale in the last three days.