Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Full Throttle

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 20, 1995

This post-apocalyptic adventure game from LucasArts follows a tough-as-nails biker named Ben, leader of the Polecats, a motorcycle gang.

Full Throttle Remastered - Impressions

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen...and Full Throttle, especially because the remaster is coming out tomorrow on tuesday for PC/PS4 (Cross-buy with Vita). Seems there's still a 20% offer going at the moment and the game's not too expensive to begin with.

Anyone excited to go back to Full Throttle or play the game for the first time? I've watched videos of the original, but never played it myself, since I first jumped the point 'n click train maybe 3-4 years after it's release. The main complaint I always read about seemed to say that the game was pretty short, at least when compared to other adventure games of that time, but I suppose that's a little easier to swallow with the new price.

I'm a bit conflicted on the updated visuals. Some scenes look totally fine, while others kinda look like a cheap flash animation. I'd guess this also has the option to change the graphics on the go, so that's not really a big issue, since I still enjoy the old pixely look as well.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought this was going to be about the energy drinks.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By whitegreyblack

I just bought this today. Full Throttle is probably my favorite 90s adventure game, despite having some of that adventure puzzle-ness where I feel like I need to have been inside Shaeffer's head looking at the puzzle for months and months to see the solution as making logical sense (though to be fair there is not a ton of that in this game; and I feel that way about some of the puzzles in almost every single adventure game). DEFINITELY my pick for best soundtrack of any 90s adventure - Gone Jackals are awesome.

I have the same feeling about some of the remastered graphics, but I'll have fun switching back and forth between the old and new styles on every screen regardless.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm interested in this, but it reminds me that I never did finish that Grim Fandango remaster thing they did.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yah I was excited both for this and Day of the Tentacle, but I really dislike the way the remastered versions look - seems to have a really cheap feel to it and since they needed to keep the frame count identical on the animations it just ends up looking rough every way you look at it.

Grim Fandango I really enjoyed, especially because of the commentary, and visually that game really held up over the years because the art direction was so great. Making the models a crisper 3D wasn't nearly as jarring as this flash-game looking treatment that was used for both DOTT and Full Throttle. Also I finally got closure on Fandango since I was never able to finish it as a kid at the time of release so that felt really good.

Too bad cause I always wanted to play Full Throttle. At the time adventure games were real big and it was always on my wishlist. Now all these years later I was hoping for a real nice version of it, but I guess I can just move on. If it shows up on PS+ down the road I'll give it a go.

agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm excited to play it for the first time. I grew up on kids point and clicks and have only recently been interested in the genre again. After this I plan on playing Grim Fandango remastered since both of these came out before I could really play video games.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whitegreyblack

@humanity: Luckily you can play with the original art style or switch back & forth (though you probably already know this); I think the original style of this era of games (DotT & Full Throttle especially) holds up better than any of the redrawn art.

edit: heck, play Full Throttle for the soundtrack alone.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I will check it out at some point, probably on sale.

I just finally played the Grim Fandango remaster. It was a classic to me and I still loved a lot of the game but found the back part of the game pretty lackluster and uninteresting compared to the early game.

I loved Full Throttle when it came out. It has some annoying parts to it I think people will run up against. One I can think of is the combat stuff. But there are some great moments. I really want to revisit it.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am so looking forward to revisiting this. I played the original on a Power Mac 7600 in 1996. Hoo boy that was a while ago... :/

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@bonorbitz: Same. I didn't have a Windows PC until later so missed out on that early stuff there and got the Mac games instead. It's crazy how old it is now.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

It's still so good. The bike combat and kick the wall puzzle are still annoying, but I played it start to finish in one sitting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.