Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Actual footage from Xbox live (not lan / event)

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Keano

WOW, im impressed at how much they were able to optimize, there seem to be zero bullet lag.

Submission on JACINTO - 

part 1 - 

Part 2-

Annex on BLOOD DRIVE - 

Execution on STASIS / MATCHMAKING -

HORDE / MATCH MAKING

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TomA

None of these look like finished levels.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Thanks Keano!

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Quite a few peeps on my friends list have gears 2 already, tho im assuming from dodgey sources.
    10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 10MP

finally those noob shotgun runners are pwnt

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

It's looking good, but I still don't know when I'll get around to picking up this one.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blu_Magic

I'm so glad I preordered this.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

It better have zero bullet lag, they promised it a while ago and it still has yet to be seen for myself once I end up getting a hold of the game eventually..I mean its not exactly an achievement to have zero bullet lag in a game, its pretty embarassing when you don't honestly.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aaron89
    pause422 said:
    "It better have zero bullet lag, they promised it a while ago and it still has yet to be seen for myself once I end up getting a hold of the game eventually..I mean its not exactly an achievement to have zero bullet lag in a game, its pretty embarassing when you don't honestly."
    When exactly did they promise "zero bullet lag?"
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

If the menus and sniper zoom didnt look different, I would've thought that was just Gears 1. Even the god damn speech is exactly the same. :S

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

A long time ago, around March or something...they stated all the initial improvements it would have over the first gears, before even addressing all the added content, between making the cover system and everything just more finely tuned , to a much better netcode with no bullet lag. These videos definitely show that, but as I said...regardless of this being shown on XBL, we don't know how close these people are to each other, its not the perfect test until the game comes out and I get into some games for myself. As I said there is no reason that there should be bullet lag at all, almost every other game has no problem doing it, the few that have problems doing so...really are a let down.

joslop500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By joslop500

Wow, really looks fun. I cant wait to pick it up.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By mike

I don't even think "zero" bullet lag is possible in an online shooter.  Epic can certainly improve over the horrible mess that was Gears 1 multiplayer, but I'm still expecting some serious host advantage problems. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

Well yeah, what I mean is the games that at least get the connection from one player to another well enough to pretty much be instant, as in you take the shot when you are zoomed in on someones head and actually connect, unlike Gears 1, or another terrible lagged up game.. BF BC. Mainly, if it can get around the way of Halo and Cod4 in terms of bullet lag being that low, I'll be happy..these vids seems to do that theory justice, but as I stated, still prove nothing until I get my hands on the game for myself.

TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TomboDemon

i almost cried
    finally they fixed the crapness of the first games multiplayer

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "If the menus and sniper zoom didnt look different, I would've thought that was just Gears 1. Even the god damn speech is exactly the same. :S"
    Yeah, it wasn't until just now that I realized just how similar this is to Gears 1. Damn. What have they been working on?
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:
    "If the menus and sniper zoom didnt look different, I would've thought that was just Gears 1. Even the god damn speech is exactly the same. :S"
    Yeah, it wasn't until just now that I realized just how similar this is to Gears 1. Damn. What have they been working on?"

Host Advantage is gone
    Graphics look alot better
    Weapons tweaked including active downs
    15 maps from launch with more on their way
    are you kidding altough gears 1 and 2 are of course similar dont judge before you play because this one offers alot
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:
    Yeah, it wasn't until just now that I realized just how similar this is to Gears 1. Damn. What have they been working on?"

Host Advantage is gone - AWESOME!
    Graphics look alot better - I don't give a fuck.
    Weapons tweaked including active downs - it's a tweak. A tweak is only a tweak. Tweaky tweak is tweaky.
    15 maps from launch with more on their way - I expect maps, thanks.
    Sorry, I'm not saying I don't want to play it, but I'm not gonna get super-hyped for something that I've basically played before. Also, after meeting people like Keano, I'm inclined to never go online with it.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pause422
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

Host Advantage is gone
    are you kidding altough gears 1 and 2 are of course similar dont judge before you play because this one offers alot"
    Graphics aren't all that much better because gears 1's graphics for their time looked so great..there are some improvements but it isn't like days ahead of it or anything..and the 'host advantage' being gone still needs to be seen for myself...we have no idea of this yet, in the matchmaking its like how Halo and Cod do it I think, as in chooses a random host that you don't know quite who it is, so it could still very possibly exist. I guess we'll find out soon enough, my copy should get here from gamefly next day or 2 days later at the most after its release.
    TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TomboDemon

i dont like the internets when i read about people not wanting to get great games
    i see some people who love a game they are like "gears 1 was the best game ever"
    but then theyre like "but this one doesn't look much better ill see if i will pick it up"
    what the hell is wrong with you people?
    if the first one was great, buy the second one for the new campaign, new maps and new features
    what the hell better game are you gonna get instead money nazi? get both!
    i mean seriously this only annoys me in teh case of sequels,
    where people say they loved the first game, but they will wait till reviews or some crap to pick up the sequel
    i get sequels to awesome games first and ask questions later!

TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TomboDemon
    pause422 said:
    "HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

Host Advantage is gone
    are you kidding altough gears 1 and 2 are of course similar dont judge before you play because this one offers alot"
    Graphics aren't all that much better because gears 1's graphics for their time looked so great..there are some improvements but it isn't like days ahead of it or anything..and the 'host advantage' being gone still needs to be seen for myself...we have no idea of this yet, in the matchmaking its like how Halo and Cod do it I think, as in chooses a random host that you don't know quite who it is, so it could still very possibly exist. I guess we'll find out soon enough, my copy should get here from gamefly next day or 2 days later at the most after its release."
    you go ask the makers of matchmaking in halo cod and gears just how random theyre host selection is
    and expect a slap in the face to equal all their hard nights working on it
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Goddamn, the Longshot sounds fucking awesome. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.