Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

did anyone sit through the credits? (probably MAJOR SPOILERS)

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By RedSox8933

did anyone sit through the entire credits? at the end it has Adam Fenix saying, "can you hear me? this is adam fenix. what have you done?"

do you think it could be the plot line for Gears of War 3?

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By bwooduhs

Most probably. It must be marcus's dad.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedSox8933

yeah, it's his dad. in gears 2 they have the message when they are in the queen's palace where adam fenix says that they should sink jacinto too, so...

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By napalm

So this game was more or less setting up the actions with Jacinto and the sinking, and in the next game we get an actual rundown on Marcus Fenix, Adam Fenix, his plans, his research for the first Gears, etc.

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Wolswor

Yeah, it's kind of getting lame though. Marcus: "Guys! we just dropped the light mass bomb in their main area, this war is won!!"  Gears 2: Hoffman: "well, turns out you didn't really do that much of anything actually. Marcus: "damit, Oh well, Let's sink Jacinto!!!"  Adam Fenix:  You dipshit there was Actually a secret base with lots of locust somewhere else!!!"  Marcus: "damit" Note: I am not bashing the game, just pointing something out.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DualReaver

A lot of this game really seems to just be setting up for the next game: The Jacinto sinking/ Adam Fenix, the immulsion and how it affects shit, and those man-made flood.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedSox8933
    Wolswor said:
    "Yeah, it's kind of getting lame though. Marcus: "Guys! we just dropped the light mass bomb in their main area, this war is won!!"  Gears 2: Hoffman: "well, turns out you didn't really do that much of anything actually. Marcus: "damit, Oh well, Let's sink Jacinto!!!"  Adam Fenix:  You dipshit there was Actually a secret base with lots of locust somewhere else!!!"  Marcus: "damit" Note: I am not bashing the game, just pointing something out."
    DualReaver said:
    "A lot of this game really seems to just be setting up for the next game: The Jacinto sinking/ Adam Fenix, the immulsion and how it affects shit, and those man-made flood."

i really don't see anything wrong with a gears 3, i know that's not what you're saying, but who cares if they are setting up for a third game. i would LOVE a gears 3. microsoft and epic are going to expand the shit out of this franchise. Gears is the new Halo.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo

It might be possible that the upcoming book (or is it released?) will cover some of this information. It does piss me off to wait two years for a game and not be impressed by the story at all.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DualReaver

I never said it was bad, I was just saying much of this game is set up. Stop assuming shit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

You guys have it all wrong.  When he was saying "what have you done?", he was referring to the creamed corn shits that everyone was getting.  He didn't understand it.  That's all.

Reading way too much into it.  Wait for Gears 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.