Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Matchmaking still broken??

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By William

I was in matchmaking for 10 minutes, i only found 2 people and then it reset.

Is this happening to everyone else? Or is something wrong with my connection?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would think that's a connection thing. It was never really "broken," people just disliked it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

There's a difference between people just not liking it, and it taking far too long to do anything. Who would possibly "like" that?

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By William
    I’m happy to announce that this morning, at 3:40 AM PST, we released a title update that should help with the current matchmaking issues. In order to get the update out as quickly as possible, we focused just on immediate infrastructure issues and have left any potential gameplay issues for a future update.

It seems worse to me...
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By hungrynun

Yeah its still janky.

If you're playing with a full party then it goes by almost instantly.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

I've been having trouble finding matches, too.

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ThaMilkMan

yeah....EPIC Y!!!!

You made a great single player game and tried to Halo-ize your multiplayer (besides horde) Y would you cop out like that...
    ...I'm disappointed in you soldiers, you make me want to play gears , just because of the matchmaking infrastructure while I like the gameplay better....Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cliffy B Y!!!

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bjorno

Matchmaking is perfect.
    Just like me.

Mats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mats

I think the problem is just as much MS fault as EPIC. Normally companies use APIs to implement common system features, and I suspect that matchmaking is one of those. Halo 3 matchmaking seems too similar. To be honest i think MS should further develop how matchmaking is done. Games that are latency sensitive means that not matchmaking people on different continents is a no brainer. By offering an option to avoid matchmaking on criteria like this can't possibly be that hard since i think atleast the American and the European continent has gotten "critical mass". Finding people playing the same game shouldn't be that hard.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

It is getting better though. Slowly but surely.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

For me the patch fixed my problem finding teamates, but it still takes far too long to find an opposing team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I haven't had any problems finding teams since the patch. That's why I said it's probably a problem with your connection.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Karmum
    License_To_Bill said:
    "I would think that's a connection thing. It was never really "broken," people just disliked it."
    Never broken? Surely not a connection issue, because I had matchmaking problems prior to this (before my 360 was RROD, as well). It would take sometimes 5 minutes to get a match, depending on what I wanted to play. Ridiculous, I don't think I was the only one who wanted to play Horde in Public matches.

Keyword: was, I have not tried matchmaking after the patch. Wouldn't be surprised if its still bad.
    Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prime20

Tried it the day of and after the patch, and it was working fine.

Tried it today and yesterday and iam back to waiting for ever. The amount of time iam waiting is equivalent to the time the matches take.
    Hopefully they fix it, and this tie they dont just throw a bandage on the problem and hope it goes away.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By DARKIDO07
    ThaMilkMan said:
    "yeah....EPIC Y!!!!

You made a great single player game and tried to Halo-ize your multiplayer (besides horde) Y would you cop out like that...
    ...I'm disappointed in you soldiers, you make me want to play gears , just because of the matchmaking infrastructure while I like the gameplay better....Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cliffy B Y!!!"
    You do know that Halo 3 has far less lag, quicker match finder, weapon hit/damage inconstancy, cheaters, advantage glitches, and overall problems than Gears 2 does right?
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yes and no, the game it self is still broken though shotgun weaker? yeah in a cold day in hell its the cheapest weapon in the game headshots galore againest me, instant kills though i have full health.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.