Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Multiplayer is Ruined!

• 59 results
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Nibbz said:
    "Seriously matchmaking? The only reason I hate Halo is matchmaking. They only reason I get irritated at COD is matchmaking. Now they took the perfect online setup that Gears 1 had and gave it MATCHMAKING!? I can't leave a match in the middle of it. No jump in and out just to have some fun. No playing multiple games with a few guys you can get to know. No playing unranked and playing on your favorite map to just mess around. No FUN! I'm so upset right now. I love Gears, and I loved Gears multiplayer. But this... this isnt gears multiplayer. This is crap and I'm very upset...

just needed a place to rant. who agrees with me?"
    Well you might as well get a gun a shoot yourself in the head now........

Yep since obviously everybody lied to you and said Gears 2 is great, only to pull this shit on you.

I know, before you kill yourself, take out as many people as you can.......

lols.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By keyhunter

The new matchmaking system is pretty good. The old system of not getting into games most of the time, and having assholes come in with a whole team of their friends was really off putting.

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Nibbz

the matchmaking system isnt good. i mean i can live with matchmaking if its done right. I like how they let you pick the mode from 2 and maps from 2. but i do not like how it takes 20 hours to find a match, and i do not like hwo you cant join up and go into more matches with people you played with before like halo or cod. a simple patch can make it better though. i'll deal, but until they fix how long it takes, i'll just be playing bot matches with my friends.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Rowr
    Speaking of things that suck, i can play on insanity in coop and some douche who is good at the game but playing on casual can join me, and completely ruin the challenge of the game, while he runs around kicking dudes in the face and im stuck behind a rock trying not to die. LAME.

crunchUK
    said:
    "Rowr said:
    "pro tip. Play wingman, it doesnt take long at all to match up.

I agree like halo, the time it takes to get into a game is ridiculous. I never had a problem with cod and its matchmaking.

also the ranking up ranking down is retarded makes everyone freak the fuck out like in halo. I dont want to hear people on my team whining like bitches because their precious rank will go down.

O and the no quitting thing. Thats just bullshit. If i get stuck in a game with a 600 ping because i live in aus, i should have the option to quit out, because its very fucking likely ill caus the team more harm than good."
    wtf lol i dunno about gears but in halo it takes less than a minute usually unless you pick a playlist like team objective and you're level 48 or something... :S. also no quitting thing i can imagine how thats bad. they should have the option to quit with an exp/truskill penalty like in halo... hell ALL games should copy halos matchmaking and we're done"
    not for me' and most people i talk to it doesnt. Besides i know your payed off by bungie to say these things crunch :P
    I especially love it when it finds a group of people after 5 mins, and then it dumps them all and restarts the search for no good reason. It takes far to long to get into a match compared to other online games. If this time could be saved with no ranked matchmaking at all, i'd rather that.

That said, multiplayer is definitely not ruined. I had a great time playing wingman and horde, and overall the experience has been enjoyable.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

You just need a host with a good connection and play at a normal time trust me its not broken but Chainsaw could use fixing since you dont even have to rev it up just really tap B . But im sure they will update soon. Just finished my second all nighter in gears 2 and it is far from "Ruined"

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By crunchUK
    Rowr said:
    "Speaking of things that suck, i can play on insanity in coop and some douche who is good at the game but playing on casual can join me, and completely ruin the challenge of the game, while he runs around kicking dudes in the face and im stuck behind a rock trying not to die. LAME.

crunchUK
    said:
    "Rowr said:
    "pro tip. Play wingman, it doesnt take long at all to match up.

I agree like halo, the time it takes to get into a game is ridiculous. I never had a problem with cod and its matchmaking.

also the ranking up ranking down is retarded makes everyone freak the fuck out like in halo. I dont want to hear people on my team whining like bitches because their precious rank will go down.

O and the no quitting thing. Thats just bullshit. If i get stuck in a game with a 600 ping because i live in aus, i should have the option to quit out, because its very fucking likely ill caus the team more harm than good."
    wtf lol i dunno about gears but in halo it takes less than a minute usually unless you pick a playlist like team objective and you're level 48 or something... :S. also no quitting thing i can imagine how thats bad. they should have the option to quit with an exp/truskill penalty like in halo... hell ALL games should copy halos matchmaking and we're done"
    not for me' and most people i talk to it doesnt. Besides i know your payed off by bungie to say these things crunch :P
    I especially love it when it finds a group of people after 5 mins, and then it dumps them all and restarts the search for no good reason. It takes far to long to get into a match compared to other online games. If this time could be saved with no ranked matchmaking at all, i'd rather that.

"
    eh...  must have somethingto do with being in australia....
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm

I've only played one or two matches on multiplayer so far, I'm just trying to get through the story first before I dive into the multiplayer.

boko52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By boko52

yes you can play ranked games in partys

peter_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By peter_j

At times the matchmaking in gears for me is SLOW as hell, if it was just a bit faster then I'd be happy.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MaddProdigy

Too many times in gears 1 i was put into game after game where four friends were on the other team together and one or two of them were unbelievably good while the other two were just along for the ride, but they had the team cohesion. My team got owned of course, being a bunch of random ppl, one who refused to speak english, one a screaming four year old, one some dick from the deep south, and me. Matchmaking fixed this. I see where your're coming from though, when I was one of the people on that good team, just joking around and stuff but still winning, those were some of the best times i've ever had in a video game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.