Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

David Jaffe On God Of War III: "Bloody Fucking Nora!"

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

We'd all be hopelessly silly to get ourselves excited over the graphics of a game because well... even a franchise as revered as God Of War could end up being utter cack in the gameplay department if you consider a fuck up here and there.

However, series creater David Jaffe, who actually has nothing to do with the game, has of course had a chance to have a look at the game and well... here are his reactions:

HOLY HOLY HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!

I thought GEARS OF WARS 2 looked about as good as a next-gen game could look....and that game is currently- and will probably remain- my game of the year. And hell, I think I actually get to vote on that kind of stuff in some circles :) And unless I get blown away by POP or something else I missed, GEARS 2 is the SHIT....this year. Dudes and dudettes, fucking WAIT till you see the amazing graphics...just fucking wait.

I may be wrong but I got the impression he thinks it looks pretty good.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AutomaticSnake

He probably just saw a CGI trailer... the guy is so high he probably cant tell the difference. Im glad he not working on GoW3....

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Otacon

In the new trailer that has not been released to the public, no one seems to know if it was CGI or in game being shown. Could of course be improved in engine graphics like a little Killzone 2 trailer we all once saw...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

From reading his blog I totally got a feeling he wasn't looking at a trailer but more development code? Maybe that's just me but I get the feeling the breaking of this news is coincedental to all the other rumours flowing around.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

Well then, I guess I'll 'fucking wait'.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm surprised at how people seem to be hating on Jaffe across the Internet. Not only does he have AAA credentials behind him that back up everything he says I much prefer his attitude to the other video game developer "celebs".

His enthusiasm is awesome.

EDIT: For all those "not believing him" anyway - let's not forget that Santa Monica created these visuals for the PSP and PS2 respectively.

Chains Of Olympus - PSP
    Chains Of Olympus - PSP

God Of War II - PS2
    God Of War II - PS2

Wouldn't it be a natural progression for the PS3 God Of War to be absolutely phenomonal?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

A lot of people that are complaining about Jaffe's comments must have forgotten one this:  this dood fucking created God of War, which is one of the best looking games on last-gen console, PERIOD!!!  The art style is amazingly immersive, the frame rate was always solid, the minor details were always in there...I mean, these are pretty intricate games when it comes down to graphics.

So, I would assume that Jaffe knows what he is talking about, especially given that the dood made TWISTED METAL BLACK and GOD OF WAR!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.