The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue wiki last edited by VincentVendetta on 02/20/15 07:24PM
View full history
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the first commercial Gran Turismo product available for the PlayStation 3. The game was released both on disc at retail stores and as a downloadable game via the PlayStation Network. The disc-based version features an exclusive video, but both versions were released at a price point of $39.99.
This game marks the 10th anniversary of Polyphony Digital's car simulation series, and marks the first time in that decade that the game has been playable online. Up to 16 players can race on six different tracks in one of over 70 cars. In this installment a new realistic in-car view has been added, which includes speedometers, odometers, functional rear view mirrors, wing mirrors, and real-time lighting and shadows within the car.
Aside from the 30 single player events that are available in the game, there is an single player arcade mode for you to customize any race. In addition, there is a split screen mode for two players to race locally in a head-to-head race.
It has been announced that there will be additional downloadable content released for GT5 Prologue, including additional tracks and vehicles. The latest update, October 2008, was titled "Spec III". A variety of changes were brought with the update, including 3 new cars (Ferrari California, Lotus Evora, GT by Citroen), increased prize money for events, and lowered difficulty. Also anticipated is a downloadable update that will include damage modeling which is noticeably absent in the current version.
- 2006 Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark
- 2006 Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS
- 1960 Art Morrison Corvette
- 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
- 2007 Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic
- 2007 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro
- 2007 BMW 135i Coupe
- 2008 BMW 135tii
- 2007 BMW M3 Coupe
- 2003 BMW Z4
- 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- 2006 Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS
Concept by Gran Turismo
- Chevrolet Corvette Tuned
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Tuned
- Ford GT LM Spec II
- Gran Turismo 350Z RS
- Lotus Elise 111R Tuned
- Lotus Elise Tuned
- Mitsubishi Evo IX Tuned
- Mitsubishi Evo X Tuned
- Nissan Skyline Coupe Tund
- Renault Clio Sport Tuned
- Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned
- Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned
- GT by Citroen (Spec III update)
- 2002 Daihatsu Copen Active Top
- 2007 Daihatsu OFC-1
- Dodge Viper GTS
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
- 1976 Ferrari 512BB
- 2006 Ferrari 599
- 1992 Ferrari F40
- 2006 Ferrari F430
- 2008 Ferrari California (Spec III update)
- 2006 Ford Focus ST
- 2005 Ford GT
- 2007 Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium
- 2004 Honda Integra Type R
- 2002 Honda NSX Type R
- 1991 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
- 2004 Lotus Elise 111R
- 1996 Lotus Elise
- 2008 Lotus Evora (Spec III update)
- Mazda Atenza Sport
- 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
- 2003 Mazda RX-8 Type S
- 2002 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG
- 2006 Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base
- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
- 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package
- 2007 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S
- 2007 Nissan GT-R
- 2005 Nissan GT-R Proto
- 2007 Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP
- 2007 Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
- 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur
- 2006 Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP
- 2000 Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V
- 2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA
- 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- 1995 Suzuki Cappuccino
- 2007 Suzuki Cervo SR
- 2007 Suzuki Swift Sport
- 2002 TVR Tamora
- 2000 TVR Tuscan Speed 6
- 2001 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- 2005 Volkswagen Golf V GTI
Daytona International Speedway
- Road Course
- Fuji Speedway F
- Fuji Speedway GT
- Suzuka Circuit
- East Course
High Speed Ring
Gran Turismo TV
GT-TV is an online interactive on-demand channel within GT5P featuring licensed automotive and motorsport programming from around the world. As an extension of Gran Turismo, GT-TV is a new way to experience the thrill of racing and learn more about the cars you love to drive both in the game and on the street. GT-TV includes both free content and pay-per-view content.
- Gran Turismo TV Specials
- Top Gear
- Best Motoring
- Super GT
- D1 Grand Prix
- Video Option
- Cargo - "GT-FORCE"
- Daiki Kasho - "Edge of the World"
- Daiki Kasho & Ayesha Cole - "SURV1V3"
- DJ Shadow - "LOVE LOVE"
- Does it Offend You, Yeah? - "With a Heavy Heart"
- The Earaches - "Not the Kind of Man I Am"
- Friendly Fires - "On Board"
- Justice - "Let There Be Light"
- Kavinsky - "Testarossa Autodrive (SebastiAn Remix)"
- Kemmei - "Love & Peace"
- Klaxons - "Golden Skans"
- Nittoku Inoue - "Road Star"
- Makoto - "Back 2 U"
- The Mars Volta - "Goliath (EL-P Remix)"
- Masahiro Andoh - "Moon Over The Castle (GT5 Prologue Version)"
- Mitsuharu Ura & Furani - "The Last Helping"
- Mitsutoshi Sato - "Constructor's Blues
- Mitsutoshi Sato - "Flatout"
- Naomee - "Sky High Mountain Breeze"
- Naomee - "Twieky 4"
- Nittoku Inoue - "Get Away"
- Nittoku Inoue - "Road Star"
- Pride Tiger - "Let 'Em Go"
- Satoshi Bandoh - "Farewell"
- Satoshi Bandoh - "When the Rains Come"
- SebastiAn - "Dolami"
- Thin Lizzy - "The Rocker (Richard Evans Remix)"
- Weezer - "Automatic (LA Riots Remix)"
- Yudai Sato - "Are You Ready?"
- Yudai Sato - "Current of the Times"
- Yasuo Sako - "Wind From Rio"