Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 17, 2009

Take control of Huang Lee, the son of a Triad mob boss, in an destructive romp throughout Liberty City in his quest for revenge, money and honour in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

Cammie's Frustrated

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Nintendo's resident MILF, Cammie Dunaway, is frustrated with sales of GTA: Chinatown Wars on Nintendo DS, Ms Dunaway has said the following in a video interview with MTV Multiplayer: 

"It's frustrating, quite frankly. Certainly there have been mature titles - Resident Evil, the first Call of Duty - that have sold over a million units and with something like GTA, there's great content there. We do think it'll have a long tail and we've seen that with a lot of titles across all genres on the DS platform that consumers continue to discover them. par. But part of what's needed is you have to continue to put marketing support behind these titles. It's one of the things we've learned over the past few years. The old dynamic of throw it on TV for a few weeks and forget it isn't going to work, because new consumers are coming in all the time."    

Since the games release 8 months ago it has struggled to sell, especially so for a GTA game, and with a PSP version now available since October, it looks like it may well continue to do so. I do think she has a point with her last sentence, even though I'm well aware it's not an opinion she has developed by herself. 
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

Surely Rockstar must have seen these low sales numbers coming when they decided to make a throwback game like the original GTA games and not market it. Top down games' popularity died down long ago. Unless they do a marketing push i doubt that it will move big numbers on the PSP.

Well i guess not.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Matfei90
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Nintendo's resident MILF "
    I like how you come right out and say it.

As for the content of the post, "Meh".
    creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By creamclouds

I'd love to see GTA: Miamitown Wars after they release GTA Vice City. The sales of GTA on GBA didn't stop them making this game, so I don't think the sales of Chinatown will stop them making the next top down GTA in future.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Rallier:

They do have an opportunity to advertise the DS version alongside the new PSP version, but to my knowledge, they're not. 

I think the PSP game will sell sufficiently, the platform has after all had great GTA in the past, games which have sold very well. If it's eventually made available via Go's network service, it will sell even better.    

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Willy105

The thing with this new generation, people need to know the game exists before it can actually sell. Just having the game out there on the shelves will not make it sell.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

The psp version got a hell of a lot of advertising here in melbourne, australia. Couldn't walk 10 metrues without seeing some kinda poster, of a character who isn't in the game for more than a minute i might add. They also had the release date wrong by like a week. 
    Don't remember much for the DS version though, nothing about when that came out at all.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

Advertising was practically non-existent for the game when it launched here in the UK also. All I saw was a solitary magazine ad in a games publication, no TV or street level advertising at all.  

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind

I had GTA Chinatown wars.  Picked it up.  Held onto it for 3 months, then returned it.  Never even played it.

Edit: I hope that MILF statement is sarcastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.