Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Drunk Driving in Liberty

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

Edited By TobyD81

Call me late to the party, but I've gotten back into GTA4. Game of the Year 2008 discussions on various sites, not the least of which being Giant Bomb, have reminded me of the game and that I'd still like to finish it. Until today, I had never driven drunk in the game. Whenever I went drinking with Roman we'd take a cab or get some food first. But I figured that if I didn't try it, I wouldn't have the full game experience; plus, I was in my stolen Porche-a-like and thought it might be fun. But it was surprisingly not fun. It was a huge pain in the ass! I had no control and a two-star wanted rating in the bat of an eye. I think anyone who has criticized the game for encouraging drunk driving doesn't realize everything that the game actually does to discourage it. Never again. So cheers, Rockstar, on another facet of your awesome game design!
    Drunk blogging, however, is still fun.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By TobyD81

Call me late to the party, but I've gotten back into GTA4. Game of the Year 2008 discussions on various sites, not the least of which being Giant Bomb, have reminded me of the game and that I'd still like to finish it. Until today, I had never driven drunk in the game. Whenever I went drinking with Roman we'd take a cab or get some food first. But I figured that if I didn't try it, I wouldn't have the full game experience; plus, I was in my stolen Porche-a-like and thought it might be fun. But it was surprisingly not fun. It was a huge pain in the ass! I had no control and a two-star wanted rating in the bat of an eye. I think anyone who has criticized the game for encouraging drunk driving doesn't realize everything that the game actually does to discourage it. Never again. So cheers, Rockstar, on another facet of your awesome game design!
    Drunk blogging, however, is still fun.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran
    TobyD81 said:
    "Call me late to the party, but I've gotten back into GTA4. Game of the Year 2008 discussions on various sites, not the least of which being Giant Bomb, have reminded me of the game and that I'd still like to finish it. Until today, I had never driven drunk in the game. Whenever I went drinking with Roman we'd take a cab or get some food first. But I figured that if I didn't try it, I wouldn't have the full game experience; plus, I was in my stolen Porche-a-like and thought it might be fun. But it was surprisingly not fun. It was a huge pain in the ass! I had no control and a two-star wanted rating in the bat of an eye. I think anyone who has criticized the game for encouraging drunk driving doesn't realize everything that the game actually does to discourage it. Never again. So cheers, Rockstar, on another facet of your awesome game design!
    Drunk blogging, however, is still fun."
    This post brought to you by Jack Daniels and Coke.

Seriously though, I'm with you. Everytime someone calls up to go drinking I just hang up. I hate even getting drunk in the game. it sucks.

Also. I too just got back into the game. I'm trying to burn through it before Feb 17th.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By suneku

It's pretty fun being drunk in real life and then go drinking and driving in GTA4

welshy023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By welshy023

I think it's bloody hilarious to get drunk in GTA4

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Steven

Yeah it kinda sucks but it's hilarious.

SikhCuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SikhCuz

i love it
    heres a tip for driving completely shit faced in GTA4 if you have a car that you dont want to lose
    just take it easy
    drive slowly
    dont drive on the sidewalk
    dont get out and urinate on people
    dont yeall at chicks out the window of your car
    dont fall asleep lol

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DoctorTran
    SikhCuz said:
    "i love it
    heres a tip for driving completely shit faced in GTA4 if you have a car that you dont want to lose
    just take it easy
    drive slowly
    dont drive on the sidewalk
    dont get out and urinate on people
    dont yeall at chicks out the window of your car
    dont fall asleep lol"
    Just like real life!
    SikhCuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SikhCuz

just like real life man

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By bjorno

boozers are losers

SikhCuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SikhCuz

i agree
    lol i go to a public school so ppl get drunx0rd on muck up day

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By EvilDingo

If you want a game that encourages DUI (or at least don't punish you that hard) - Try Saint's Row 2.

You can smoke a joint and get into a car without your notoriety being raised - And it's far from impossible to control your car.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Captain_Fookup

First time I consumed tequila I was playing gta 3 back in the day when it first came out, must of been in grade 8 at the time haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.