Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Rockstar trying to salvage multiplayer?

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

From Here

So basically they're making the maps not so effing huge so that idiots don't grab a car and drive for five minutes out of where everyone else is. Oh, and spawning like on the otherside of the map from where everyone else is sucked ballz hard too. Basically GTA4 competitive multiplayer was a disaster. And it seems Rockstar is going to try and salvage it with the ballad of Gay Tony. HEY there are parachutes. How could we be unhappy? 

We'll see what happens. Any chance any of you would even consider trying to play multiplayer again? 
    Of course not for long, MW2 comes out shortly after Gay Tony.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

It will be popular for a week after Gay Tony comes out and will quickly die out again. They can't save it now.

Avatar image for haiitan_knives_973
    Haiitan_Knives_973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's kind of funny. GTASA on the PC had a ton of multi player mods. People use to always have parachute races and things like that. I always thought R* was just trying to bring the PC mod experience to the console as best they could with the (IV) generation

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shaun832

I'll admit that multiplayer Free Roam in GTA IV is fun but everything else in multiplayer is weak.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

I only really played free roam with friends every once and a while, so I have no idea how the online has been recently.  Though I would imagine it is pretty desolate.  If this can reboot the game's multiplayer that would be great.

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By shaun832
    @Br3adfan said:
    " I only really played free roam with friends every once and a while, so I have no idea how the online has been recently.  Though I would imagine it is pretty desolate.  If this can reboot the game's multiplayer that would be great. "
    The Lost and Damned multiplayer was really popular in the first week but died very quickly after that.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By animateria

The racing was fun for me. But it was a short thing in the end.

Honestly, I don't think they need to bother with multiplayer since everyone who buys their DLCs is for the single player content.

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By j_meyer_13

I've never been able to connect to any matches in GTA:IV... of course, I give up after trying for a few minutes usually.  The way you get to multiplayer always annoyed the hell out of me... if you disconnect, you have to load up single player again, and then go back and search for another match... there should have just been an option to load up a seperate multiplayer menu, instead of going back and forth.  That being said... I'm sure I'll try multiplayer again once I get Ballad of Gay Tony.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.